Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Being different

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quick Links

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:36 am
Its hard that there some people still dont appreciate/accept the differentt ones. I dont know, i feel like im being different cuz im bisexual. Its so sad throwing comments like "stay away" or "you dont belong to the society cuz you spread hiv". I dont know how to react to these but its just im being scared to accept criticisms if i try to show the real me. ( Im a closet gut ).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:13 pm
I'm old enough to remember how much worse it used to be even 20 or 30 years ago, young enough to be totally open minded and accepting and human enough not to understand why anyone would care let alone be hateful of someone else's choice about their personal life that doesn't directly effect them.
There's nothing I can really say to take the sting out of other peoples actions, but keep in mind that what they say is a reflection of themselves, not you. And for all of the people of that mindset out there, there are also others who will accept and celebrate you. Its up to you to be true to yourself, and choose the type of people that you'll call friends and family who will be there for you.  

LotusInChains

Dapper Strawberry

28,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Party Animal 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:12 pm
Piggybacking off what Lotus said, the people who make fun of anyone for their sexual orientation -- are the same people who will make fun of someone for anything. If not sexual orientation, they'd find something else to fixate on and make up some crazy story about why it's just as 'weird.'
So, say you were straight and they considered that to be normal, they'd find something else about you to make fun of. Is there something else? I don't know. XD I think making fun of sexual orientation is pretty stupid in the first place.

We're all different in our own ways.
Anyone who's making fun of anyone... has their own insecurity that they're trying to hide. They're just deflecting. "Oh, if I make fun of that person, then we all can bond and be friends over making fun of that person. And they won't notice my big ear." ...Or whatever they're insecure about. XD;

We're all different. You do you, boo.

I went through times where I got a bit of teasing for one thing or another. I guess I'm lucky that I have a thick skin about it. I realized that words don't hurt.. that much. I mean, they do. And I had my moments. But I also realized:
1) Either what they said was false, so it didn't matter
or
2) What they said was true. XD And... so what?
In my case... not giving them a reaction worked. I didn't let it bother me, so they'd get bored and move move on. They'd say something once or twice, didn't get the reaction they'd want... and I'd never get teased by that person again. Or they'd be like, "Are you this?" I'd be like "Yep." And they'd just walk away. They'd have no comeback because they expected me to deny it.
Fake it 'til you make it. Don't let them see that it bothers you... until you're actually at a point where their words don't bother you. Bisexual people are obviously part of society. And XDDD everyone is capable of spreading STDs. XDDD Ew. Stay away? Fine. You don't need ugly-hearted people like that in your life. They have some maturing and learning to do.
Annddd, like Lotus said, try to surround yourself with some other people.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:49 am
I'm sorry you guys went through teasing, or even close to being teased if anything. I was teased sometimes, more so about my phobia's and weight then anything else. Awhile ago I came out to my therapist and my parents about my gender identity issues, saying that I was genderfluid or well felt more like I was meant to be a man then a woman.

My father was the one who accepted it and kind of understood despite him being ill and not good in the head sometimes with memory or understanding things. He said he'd love me no matter what, and my mother did too. I guess from the time they grew up, it was hard to understand trans people or just those who identified differently. My mother seems she would accept me, but she wasn't upbeat about it when I spoke about it. When I spoke to my aunt she told me about me being young and not knowing things because I'm still a virgin and 20 years old.

FluffyMuffins230

Lonely Browser

8,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:55 am
Everyone has said very true things so far & I agree with them...
U have 2 be true 2 UR self... I know it's hard 2 take sometimes, but it don't matter how others feel about U. If they can't except U the way U R, they R the 1 with a problem not U... Some ppl make fun of others 2 make them feel better about themselves R 2 cover up something they don't want others 2 know about them. I don't judge others cuz of their lifestyle... I try 2 see the kind of person they really R. How nice they R & how they treat others..
I can relate 2 FluffyMuffins230, cuz I've always been 1 pretty much 1 of the guys, even tho I'm a female... Even when I was young I liked playing with cars, football, climbing trees & stuff boys did instead of playing with dolls & girly stuff. My daddy accepted me the way I was & even taught me 2 work on cars, while others criticized me, even my 3 older brothers... As I got older I still felt like 1 of the guys.. I have been happily married 2 a man 41 years, but I still like stuff that guys do. I love watching & talking about football & hanging out with the guys instead of the women... I find stuff they do & talk about boring.. I won't wear dresses, frilly stuff R anything that looks like a female... I mostly wear T shirts & sweat pants... I say if others don't like it they don't have 2 look at me... I've had a few women get upset cuz they felt insecure about their men, but I'd tell I ant interested in their men just things they talk about & do... I'm 57 years old & still feel more like a man than a woman... I hate anything that women usually do, including cooking, even tho I still have 2 do it... Just be true 2 UR self & do what makes U happy....  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:21 am
I was teased as a teenager too and I never felt comfortable being me. I always tried being someone else to fit in, or because I was scared of not being able to fit in. If I pretended to be someone else then surely people would like me, right? No... It´s about being true to yourself and being able to come to terms with who you are. First then, will you be able to truly feel comfortable in your own skin and not really care about what others think. Be kind and respectable to others and don´t try to be someone whom you truly aren´t. It takes time to know who you truly are, and sometimes people will accept it, sometimes they won´t, but that´s how it is smile
Besides, if people are mean to you being who you are, why bother spending time with them in the first place?  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:29 am
    All of these responses are so inspiring. I'm moved by y'all's fortitude and compassion for others!

Pawat, I'm also bisexual, and it took a long time for me to accept that my feelings and experiences weren't shared by other girls -- and that that was okay. I eventually came to the conclusion that those who loved me and accepted all of me were those in any way worthy of my time.

We love and accept you here! emotion_hug

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:15 pm
Freakshow and weirdo were two of my nicknames in highschool. It sucked sometimes. I only had a few close, good friends, but at least I knew they accepted me for who I was. mrgreen

Sometimes some people are just jerks- they come in all colors and cultures of the rainbow. Heck, I bet there are even alien jerks on other planets and galaxies.

Words can hurt, especially if it's something you're insecure about. You can't control what other people say/think/act, and jerks will be jerks. Just work on loving yourself and your self esteem, etc. You can't please everyone all the time, so live your life your way and please yourself!. Cuz ur worth it. heart

If you're feeling down in the dumps, here are some up beat songs that might cheer ya up.

EDIT: FU Youtube. It won't video embed. so I'm just gonna list 'em.

Fireworks Katy Perry

Shake it off Taylor Swift

It's my life Bon Jovi  

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

Reuenthal

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:06 pm
It's an unfortunate and inaccurate assumption that many people make about bisexuals. Don't take it to heart and find people who appreciate you for who you are - after all, you have so much to offer.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:16 pm
I tolerate many people who are different, but I do not accept them. For me personally, we must be on the same mission for me to accept people. For example, I will tolerate selfish idiots who ruin their own lives by making foolish choices but I will not accept them. There is a line that crosses the line into the threshold of my intolerance though and that is hypocrisy. I am fine with you being a selfish a*****e as long as you acknowledge that you are one and want to change. I am not fine with you being a selfish a*****e and trying to play yourself out to be a beneficent philanthropist. The root of my opinion of people lies within their mentality ant nothing more.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items