Jezebeth - Das Tor
&
Lilith - NovaCracker

Something was off about her sister. Jezebeth narrowed her eyes at the paler lioness, claws clicking against the stone of their assigned 'den'. Yes...something was off. Her scent was different, and there was a softness to her figure that hadn't been there before. Not even when she was full. It was a softness that was rather odd...

"Lillith." The dark lioness moved towards her sister with a soft smile on her muzzle. "Sister dearest, what did you do while Beleger let you out?"

"Hunted~"

Lillith was oblivious to the changes, of course. She long ago ignored her care, deferring it to Jezebeth since they were young, and the female beamed to her sister, tail waving. "I found a tasty treat!"

"Oh~? What sort of treat?" Jezebeth did not like where this was going. Not at all. Because if it was the kind of treat she thought it would be...well, they had a problem, by the looks of her sister. Out of the two of them, Lillith was not at all suited to bring more Messengers of Death into the world. This would need to be played carefully if she was right…

"The kind those morons don't let me get anymore." Lillith huffed, sitting to pout at Jezebeth sulkily. "I miss my treats sister. I need them."

It was. Sweet Death, her sister had...ugh. "Lillith, dear, did you let one of them touch you? In ways that do not involve actually devouring them?" She should have gone with her sister, or had Beleger follow from a distance. Death damn it, her sister pregnant was NOT something they needed right now. Not in the least!

"You know how the process works sister." Lillith castised softly. "Lure them in, get them comfortable, and then attack."

It wasn't brain science really. Merely fact -- men were primal beings that needed little.

"You don't let them get THAT close, Lillith!" Jezebeth bared her fangs a bit, green eyes narrowed. "You let one of them plant his seed, and now you're bearing cubs. That was not part of our plans here, and you know it." Damn it all! She would need to figure out how to turn it to their advantage. Especially since she knew the cubs wouldn't be bearing the blood of one of the lesser gods. They needed the blood of a lesser god, damn it. They needed the Sight such cubs bore, and cubs sired by a regular male just...

DAMN HER SISTER'S FOOLISHNESS.

"They might be girls." Lillith merely crooned. "Girls are useful."

She wasn't bothered by the change in plans, smiling sweetly to her sister. In a way, she expected what she assumed was daughters to grow healthy and smart -- not at all like boys. Boys were... Were...

Lillith twitched, flashing briefly.

Horrid.

"Girls are very useful, yes." Girls were the true superiors, aside from Death. "But now we'll have to find a way to keep them from our captors. Beleger can only do so much, since his shift in watching us is short. Perhaps we can get Laana here long enough to take them to safety when they come, and to...dispose of any undesirables." They did not need males sullying things. They would tolerate the males in their little worship-group of Death, but in the end, their line would remain without males. Bad enough their brother was likely somewhere out there, alive and sullying their line with them. "You've put us into quite the spot, sister dear. I hope the trials we face in keeping this secret from these idiots will help you learn to be more cautious."

"It was worth it." Lillith snorted. "I did get a treat. It was good."

Was she going to let her sister sully that? No. Jezebeth encouraged man-eating, and the female sniffed indignantly. "I like the taste."

"That I do not fault you for. Just simply be more cautious in obtaining your treats, Lillith. Perhaps I should go with you next time. To ensure this doesn't happen again, and you still get your fill." Hm...perhaps any male cubs of this could be fed to her sister, keep her sated for a time. "With two of us, we could snare more so you have a treat cached away for times when we cannot get away." It was best to lure her sister into thoughts that made it seem the best option for her. Point out the good, rather than the bad.

"The cubs will need prey too." Lillith drawled, then shrugged. "Even if there's males. They might learn to use the female lesser gods in Death's name, perhaps."

If they survived their sisters. So many girls, she expected.

Her sister...wanted to keep the males. Jezebeth mentally sighed, praying to Death to give her the strength to deal with her sister's transgression carefully and quietly and without losing her sister's loyalty. "Perhaps. Keep in mind the follies of the males who bear our blood, however." Their father. Their brother. Oh they would outlive them all. And one day be joined with Death in ways others would only wish they could be. "For now...let us work on keeping you better fed. We cannot risk little food producing too many males, if any." The fewer males, the better. No males would be perfect.

"Well of course. I'd prefer girls, but we ought use a poor situation if a male is born. They learn nothing of weakness. After all, would that not be a feat worthy of Death?" Lillith beamed brightly. "He would love it so! We can do it!"

Jezebeth sighed, nodding, then froze. Her green eyes narrowed once more, ears laying flat against her head. "Best to change the subject, sister. Someone is near." They could not risk things being revealed too early. There was much to do, and much that needed to be put into place before their plans could produce the fruit they desired. "I do hope those demons aren't using you too hard, Lillith. You're not made for the hard work they put you through." Her voice was all honey and concern, switching gears completely.

"I'm okay!" Lillith crooned, beaming. She got the message readily, and cooed sweetly to her sister. "It can be worse. Fortunately, I can still bite~"