Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
David and Leonette Avery's Townhouse

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:10 pm
User Image
The Home of David and Leonette Avery

For his seventeenth birthday, David Avery inherited/received a four story townhouse less than a block from Greenwich Park in Greenwich, England a district of South East London. The home had previously been owned by his uncle Clifton Joseph-Edward Avery and his wife Lucia Carolina-Medici Avery; however, they had chosen to leave the home due to their irritation with too many "nosy and petty" muggle neighbors. The home was being kept in good condition while the couple was gone by one of Lucia's house elves who remained in the home when it was decided to pass it on to David when Robert Avery I chose to purchase the home off his son.

David chose to keep most of the decor much the same, only remodeling one of the bedrooms to be able to accommodate visits from either of his younger sisters. Leonette moved in right after their wedding. They now have two children, Christopher and Jessica. Leah League, David's sister also has lived within the home since the loss of their parents.

Ways To Get In Touch

✓ Muggle Phone Lines
                                              ✓ Owl Messaging
                                              ✓ Floo Network
                                              ✓ Apparition

Fourth Floor:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Third Floor:

Second Floor:
*there is one full bath and an additional bedroom on this floor: at this time the bedroom has been refitted to be an office*

Ground Floor:
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:21 pm
Family Locations:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User Image User Image User Image User Image

David Avery (NPC): Home / Work / Out and About
Leonette Avery: Home / Work / Out and About
Christopher Avery: Home / School / Out with Mum / With my Aunt
Jessica Avery: Home / School / Out with Mum / With my Aunt
Nori the House Elf: Master David and Mistress Leo's Home

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:35 pm
Family Facts:

Relations: The League Family, the Avery Family, the Mitchell Family, and the Clarisse Family

History:

David and Leonette met in first year. The two started dating during the summer before fourth year. It was Leo's attempt to hold on to David. The two balanced each other out for the most part, even with Sapphire Snow trying to make things a bit more complicated. Fifth year was then things really got heated as Leo found out about Sapphire kissing David. Ultimately words were exchanged when the Gryffindor lost her temper. During that coming summer she met David's grandparents (the Avery's). The next summer after that David met Leo's father George and asked for Leo's hand in marriage.

They were wed at the Avery Manor during the summer of 2030, before Leo's 18th birthday. Since then David got a job as a Healer and Leo got a job working in House Elf Relocation. David and Leo adopted David's youngest sister Leah when their father was murdered by Wendy's father Maxmillian. Right after Sinclair League's death Christopher was born and a few years after that Jessica was born as well.

Both David and Leonette attended Hogwarts...
- David is a Former Ravenclaw
- Leonette is a Former Gryffindor

- Chris was sorted into Gryffindor. He also plays Chaser for the team.
- Jessica was sorted into Ravenclaw.

Pet(s):

- Owl named Annabella, Owned by David
- Long-Eared Owl named Athena, Owned by Jessica  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
Leah Ruby League
Ravenclaw Seventh Year Chaser
Seventeen Years Old - Pureblood - Dancer
Younger Sister

Chris was happy to be home but missed being at school already. He loved playing Quidditch and he couldn’t do that at home when his father didn’t even know about it. While telling his parents all about his school year he accidently let it slip that he’d watching Leah play. His father was not happy to hear that, and all Chris could do was watch in horror at the mess he created.

“Leah how could you play on the Quidditch team? You know how I feel about it.”

Leah was totally thrown a curve ball when she heard those words come out of her brother’s mouth. Sure, she knew he didn’t like Quidditch but how he found out she didn’t know at first. That was until it hit her and hit her hard it did. Christopher. Pushing that part of it aside she composed herself to answer. “Ravenclaw was in need of players I was helping that’s all.” She explained calmly.

“I don’t think your safety is more important then the team needing players, Leah.” David answered rubbing his forehead. He always hated discussions that could easily turn into an argument. “I’ve been fine, barely even gotten hit honestly.” She told him wishing he’d just drop it, but it was clear he wasn’t about to. “How long have you even been playing?” He didn’t think he wanted to know the answer to that question. Leah on the other hand knew he didn’t want the answer to that question. “I don’t see why that matters.” She decided to go with. “Well if it’s been that long I think the team can survive without you.”

Leah wasn’t ready for that one either. “What? I’m not quitting. It’s my last year.” She argued. “Which is why you shouldn’t be playing. You need to concentrate on your NEWT exams.” David replied. “I can do both David.” Leah said narrowing her gaze. “Besides you let Leo play when you two dated and Cathy played when she was in school. I don’t see why I can’t.” David took a deep breath before saying. “Because, I’m your guardian Leah and that makes you my responsibility.”

There he was going on talking about responsibility. She was seventeen now. That made her an adult by wizard standards. “You may be my guardian but I’m legally an adult or did you forget that I’ve been seventeen for almost seven months. I’m going to play this coming year and you aren’t going to stop me.” She told him before storming out of the house. David had no idea where this behaviour was coming from and he certainly didn’t like the headache it was giving him.

Status : Unhappy / Being Defiant
                                                Company : My brother (David)

OOC : - - -

Well now, what to do with you, hm?
                                                I see a lot of spirit, a strong backbone
                                                But I also see a quick mind and a curious nature
                                                I think you'll do best in
                                                Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:25 pm
User Image
Christopher "Chris" Avery
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Pureblood Adventurer & Chaser

Older Brotherxxxxx

User Image
                                                    Location : Home ( Summer 2048 )

Chris had hardly been looking forward to coming home for the summer after finishing his OWL. Yes, being home was great. However, the moment his grades came in he knew a lecture was coming his way. He knew his grades weren’t perfect, everybody who knew him knew studying was not his strong suit. Granted he knew his father wouldn’t be pleased with his overall performance.

Jess had told him not to worry about it. Chris had found it funny considering she was the queen of stress (especially when it came to her grades). He probably would have felt better if his mother could have dealt with his father. However, she’d been rather busy lately, what with the new addition coming to the family. Chris might have found it odd that he was gaining another sibling at this age, if not for the age gap between Leah and her siblings. His aunt was definitely not in the age range of aunt in his mind.

Walking into his father’s office, Chris took a deep breath. “I know what you’re going to say dad.” He began dreading what followed. “Christopher, if you know what I’m going to say, then why did I call you in here?” David asked his son. “Because I screwed up and you want to talk about why that is.” He answered. “Though to be fair I only failed like two classes. So, I can’t continue in Healing with an Acceptable grade. It’s not like I was going to be a healer anyway.” Chris tried to justify it as best as he could.

David took a deep breath as he momentarily rubbed his forehead. “That’s not that point Christopher. Your grades are important. More important then how good you are at Quidditch.” He replied. Chris had an instant look of shock written on his face. “You knew about that? For how long? Did Leah tell you?” David held his palm out in attempt to stop his son from continuing his laundry list of questions. “For starters Leah didn’t tell me. I’ve known for a while. You can’t hide things from me.” The fact that he was a trained Legilimen.

“I didn’t want you to keep me from playing.” Chris admitted. “Well I’m pretty sure I can’t stop you even if I wanted too. I just don’t want you putting sports ahead of your studies.” He heard his father, it made sense. But that was why he spent his time studying with the Whitethornes. “I haven’t. I’ve been studying, and I tried to get better grades. Some classes just didn’t work out that way. I’m not like you and Jess.” Chris hated that fact, but he didn’t need to be super smart or have his head stuck in a book all the time. The fact he didn’t completely fail his course load was a feat all his own.

“No, you aren’t. You're like your mother and that’s okay.” Chris looked up at his father from his spot on the floor. He hadn’t been looking at him since he finished stressing his study habits. “It is…?” He questioned. “Yes, it is. No one is perfect or so I’m reminded. But if things aren’t addressed who knows how your grades would be like in the next couple of years. You really need to start thinking about what you’re going to become. I know you’ll figure it out, but the next two years will fly by and your mother and I don’t want you to be hit hard by it.”

Chris understood the importance of what would follow. He did have a lot to figure out, but he was pretty sure he already had it figured out. “I understand, dad.” Chris was grateful that his father hadn’t completely reamed him for his failed grades. Though, he hadn’t gotten off scot-free knew he’d gotten off a lot better then how Leah had to deal with. Course she never had to worry about that much. Perhaps, his father had learned a thing or two over the years. After all Chris was an awful lot like his mother.

Company : My father...

OOC : - - -

Is it now, then?
                                                    You're quite perceptive, I must say
                                                    Yes, you'll do quite well in
                                                    Gryffindor!

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff