Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[PRP] A convenient arrangement (Tatyana & Samira)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:50 am
User Image

The sky clan had a new Alu'nadi. It was nothing strange to him to see new alu'nadi rise, in fact he had seen a few rise in his time, he was hardly a spring chicken any more after all. He was old enough that the tree festivals had come and gone more than a half dozen times in his life. What was strange was that a rogue had risen in too the position. A new comer, and what was even more strange was he was here to have a conversation with her.

It felt a little strange, they had met so briefly during the festival for her to become the Alu'nadi. He had introduced himself and they had agreed to meet away from the celebrations. So here he sat, waiting, pondering what exactly this conversation was going to be about.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:04 pm
User ImageThe Sky Ceremony had changed Samira's life quite a bit. She hadn't won any sort of tournament and she hadn't joined the pride - that had been the previous year - but she had quite literally risen in the ranks. She knew ahead of time that she was going to be the one suggested for the rank of alu'nadi, but it was still a large responsibility to take on and she knew she wasn't going to be the same coming out of this festival.

That was why, during the celebration, she had kept an eye out for a potential male that might return with her to her clan to help her with her new duties. She wanted someone a bit older, born in to the pride, and with a kind and calm demeanor who wouldn't try to overstep her authority. During her search one male in particular had caught her attention if for his tattoos more than anything. He was older, to be sure, but his markings showcased things she had never seen before on a lion in the pride: sea creatures. As a rogue, Samira had been to the sea many times. It had been her place of birth and she was familiar with sharks and fish, waves and bubbles, and an assortment of other things.

She had managed to get his name and his attention, at least, and now that the festival was coming to an end, she felt as though it would be a good time to make her proposition to him. As she approached the meeting place they had agreed on, she could see Tatyana was already there, waiting for her and looking just a bit uncertain. The poor thing...

"Sorry to keep you waiting," the new alu'nadi said with a little bob of her head as she got within ear shot without having to shout. "Thank you for coming to meet with me, Tatyana. Your presence is appreciated."

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:54 pm
The older male nodded to her as she approached. He was still unsure why she had called him here. He certainly wasnt an exciting conversationalist. "I'm happy to help in any way I can Alu'nadi" He states, he wasn't really sure how she would want to be addressed. He decided formality was the best bet at least at this moment, until she told him other wise.

The silver male pursed his lips, he had some questions, to say the least, "Uhm, what can I help you with?" His brow furrowed, he had promised already that he would do what ever she needed, but, was there a limit to what he could provide? He was hardly qualified to really do anything big for the Alu'nadi right?

It occurred to him that perhaps she was simply curious about him, his tattoos were odd after all, especially for an Elawadiyi who had been born here and had never left. He had never actually seen the sea after all. "Did you want to ask me about my tattoos? A lot of creatures do." He chuckles quietly his own mother had asked him why he insisted on them, he had his reasons.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:45 am
Samira chewed the inside of her cheek for a moment, trying to figure out the best way to phrase what she wanted to ask. She didn't know this lion very well and he didn't know her either, but something within her told the lioness that Tatyana was the proper lion for the selection. His comment about his tattoos made her smile a bit and she gave a little laugh as he chuckled.

"I do find them quite interesting and unique," she said with a small smile. "But I called you here to make a very serious and life-changing request." Her smile faded just a bit as she shifted to sit, not wanting to appear as if she was looming over him. The Ela as a whole, especially those with born in parents and grandparents, were smaller than the average lion. While Samira wasn't a particularly large lioness she was as big as most of the old-blood males, if not a bit bigger. It wouldn't do to intimidate Tatyana by accident while asking this of him.

"As you know, I'm not an Ela by birth. My appointment to the alu'nadi position is not a surprise, but I'm sure it won't sit well with everyone back in the Sky clan, and if I'm honest I'm still a bit unsure if I'm truly the right one for the job. There's still much to learn about this pride despite being here for a year now. I was hoping..."

She trailed off, summoning a bit of courage before pressing on. "I was hoping you would return with me to the Sky clan. As my mate. I feel like I will be taken more seriously if I have a partner that bears all their tattoos and has a history of their family within the pride. I realize this is rather sudden and a massive decision to make," she added quickly. "And I will understand if you pass. You could even think on it until the next coming together of the clans."

Samira finally fell silent, deciding it would be best to let the older lion think about her offer. There would be a lot of responsibility that came with being the alu'nadi's mate, but he would surely know that. It was also clear that their partnership would be one of strategy and knowledge rather than love, but perhaps something emotional could come from it. Sarmia couldn't deny he was a handsome lion, even if he was a bit older than her. His temperament was also attractive to her, so all that really remained was to get to know him better.

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:13 am
SilverLutz

The silver male smiled lightly. He enjoyed the compliment and he felt a swell of pride in his chest. He liked to tell others about them but when she said that wasn't the reason he tilted his head and waited. It was in his genes to respect the ladies around him. They were the matriarchs of the families, they created the world as he knew it, so he quietly waited while she spoke.

When she finished her speech. He sat for a moment in silence, his mind mulled over the question before him. He had never taken a mate, even though he had lived in the pride for his own life he had never really thought about it. He was certainly interested in females and though he had spoken to a few and even considered taking a lady in to his life it had just never happened to him. He had never found the right one. Oddly this lady before him, a rogue, not born in to the borders but embracing their culture. A strong lady who had the nerve to ask him, to give up her right to truly choose, to take a mate to love, to pick him because it was something she felt would better her tribe.

He felt a great swell of passion for her. Here was this beautiful young lady and all she wanted was to make sure that the world she had chosen to care for and protect, this young female so full of pride and strength, was choosing him, because she needed his backing.

He didnt need to question. He didnt even need to think, if he could help this lady in any way possible her would. "I would be proud to assist you in any way I can Samira." He smiles and bows his pale head his whispy mane falling in to his teal eyes. "Will you marry me Samira I promise I will do anything I can to protect and help you in the sky clan. Though you may find an old man like me very boring." He smiled a genuine smile and looked up from his bow through his white mane.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:28 am
Tatyana's quick reply surprised Samira, but she smiled all the same, a bit of anxiety lifted from her shoulders. Already he was helping her and things weren't even official yet.

"Oh, I don't think I can find anyone with tattoos like those boring," she said with a little laugh as Tatyana bowed his head. "Thank you, Tatyana. Your assistance and wisdom is appreciated beyond what I can say. And yes, I shall marry you. We will be wed as soon as we can, although I believe we'll have to have your clan's wanidatsi oversee the ceremony as mine is still lacking one."

That was one of her first tasks was to appoint a wanidatsi, but she was going to be extremely picky. She wanted a pure-blooded Ela, preferably with roots that traced back to the Sky clan long ago. That way those within the clan that disapproved of her blood would have someone on 'their' side. The only problem was Ela were not particularly fertile lions and cubs were few and far between. Still, she had hope that new life would come and a new wanidatsi would be trained.

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:29 pm
SilverLutz

The silver male gave a nod. He smiled lightly his teal eyes lifting to meet her eyes. "I will speak to our Wanidatsi." He gave a short nod. He knew exactly why him, his age and family line was ideal for her, he knew this was political but he really felt a great respect for the young female. She deserved nothing but his loyalty.

He could see she had much to think about, much to do, so much to manage. He would help her. He gave a nod to himself, he would do anything for her. Taking a deep breath the slightly smaller male got to his paws and walked up to her he touched her cheek with his nose.

"I hope I can help you Sumira." He paused for a moment. "You should come and meet my mother she will be glad to know that I am getting married, she thinks i am too old to be a bachelor." He smiles a little foolishly, his mother would be pleased, he hoped so any way, there may have been reasons for this marriage but he was going to be useful, he was going to protect this beautiful lady, he was going to make sure no one said anything against her. He was going to help her in any way he possibly could.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:21 am
Samira had to laugh softly as Tatyana spoke, the sheepish look on his face rather adorable even though he wasn't a cub.

"Well, I consider it a good thing you've been a bachelor for this long. Perhaps it is your destiny, as it is mine," she said with a little bob of her head. "I will need to report to the other leaders of our plan, but if you wish to go back to your clan until the Festival is over, we can meet where the Tree Ceremony takes place on the final day."

She didn't wish to simply tear him away from his family and his clan, after all. She wanted his parting to be on his terms and not hers.

Syrius Lionwing
Sorry for the wait! One more from each of us shoudl wrap it up~

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:56 am
Silverlutz
No worries! Been a busy week for me too.

The silver male gave a slow nod. It was probably a good idea for him to tell his family of his departure. It wasnt really a departure though, he would still see them, he would just have, responsibilities now and someone to look after. She needed him and he had decided he would make sure he protected her in any way he could.

"I will inform my family and perhaps we can wed before we go, I know my mother would like to attend."

He let out a long deep breath. He felt happiness wash over him, he was proud, pleased and a little bit adventurous, he'd never done anything so spur of the moment his whole life, yet here he was about to marry a lady who was probably half his age without any real thought. He couldn't help but chuckle. "I would like to meet you before the end of the tree ceremony. Perhaps, we can simply, talk?" He tilted his head curiously, he wasnt sure what they would talk about, they would have, forever after all, but it would be nice to hear her stories. "We can go home together on the last day of the tree ceremony." He smiles softly, turning away to make his way towards his family home, he had to at least find his mother and tell her the news.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:44 am
Samira gave a little bob of her head in agreement. A wedding now would solidify the fact that Tatyana was here to stay and hopefully put those who weren't sure about her taking the title of alu'nadi at ease.

"Of course. Seek me out when you have spoken with your mother. I would be happy to meet her," she added with a little smile as the older lion turned to go. She headed back in the direction she had come from as well, excited about the future. Now that she would have a loyal and old-blood mate at her side her fears were eased just a bit. He was wise to the ways of the Ela and she was sure they would make a good pair for the Sky clan.

FIN  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out