Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
zOMG! returning.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you excited?
  Yes
  No
  What is zOMG!?
View Results

Sensei Chyaku

Invisible Elocutionist

21,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 pm
What do y'all think about it? I can't wait, personally. Haven't reached far in it though last time it was running though as it was glitchy. Lanzer says he has around 150 hours of coding left to do, more or less, and he has to update the gold granting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 pm
I know a ton of users are excited for it. So I'm happy that it's coming back for them.

I'll check it out... for nostalgic reasons, but I don't see myself playing regularly. I used to play it a tonnnnn, but I'd already stopped playing years ago due to time constraints.
The end game turned into the typical MMO thing of it taking an hour to get a party together, then organize rings within that crew, then taking like two hours to get through the sea lab place. And that's if no one quit and you didn't have to send someone to go recruit halfway through it. .... And that .. I can't think of the name of it. XD; But that place that let you go above CL 10.0... those instances took even longer to work through. x ____x; At least they did when I was playing, but I gave up early into it.... since I would've had to invest hooooouuuurs at a time over many days. XD; It wasn;t worth it to me.

... I did like hopping onto zOMG during holiday events. I liked clicking the tree in Barton Town during xmas. And I had fun collecting Easter eggs. n 3n ... So I wouldn't mind some (quick) zOMG holiday stuff~~

I am glad that I've got all my rings XD hopefully we don't have to start from scratch.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:21 pm
If they buff the gold payout to match the economy, then I'll probably play it again. I used to be a very big farmer back in the day and was in a pretty dedicated clan. I've also led a lot of landshark raids too. I love the team work that zOMG brought. It'll be fun to have the game back. I hope they add some fresh new stuff once the game settles in  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:57 am
I'm neutral about it... I tried it years ago & couldn't really get into it... I am happy 4 those who enjoy it tho.. MY son use 2 really like playing it back in he day...  

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250

iAmensu

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:26 pm
I'm super excited about it!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:56 am
I'm geeked about it. I just hope we dont' have to start from scratch. I used to play the new area- Dead Man's Shadow- a LOT. Like, it was my life. I had all my rings maxed out- I just played cuz damn it, it was fun. Sometimes runs would go horribly wrong with uncoordinated crews, but a good run from beginning with yellow maze to the end of bloodlust would take like 2-3 hours.

And SS/smeb runs, just for the gold. Those crews seemed to be either hit or miss. It was still fun though!

If/ when we get zomg back up, anyone feel free to hit me up if you need help with anything or just want a buddy to play with. About the only thing I can't do is kite Green Rooms in Dead Man's Shadow.

Omg I miss zen gardens so much. heart That was my favorite area, just for the scenery. Cherry blossom trees everywhere!!! 4laugh  

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:41 pm
Back in the day zOMG was the thing that pulled me over from Kongregate (a game side; I kid you not: zOMG was featured there but to use some stuff you had to create a Gaia account. Come for zOMG, stayed for zOMG and the community).

So, I am -quite naturally- hyped for the return of zOMG and I really hope we do not have to start from scratch. After all, why should we if there are some high level rings in our inventory?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:50 pm
>.< Hoping the game is successfully revived and that it is as good as it used to be - if not better.

I really liked the social and teamwork components to zOMG. Never a dull moment when working with other users. I was fond of the area with vampires and werewolves (Deadman's Pass?). Never did stand a chance against those giftboxes in Baskin though- would've loved to have a crew dedicated to slaughtering those for a sense of accomplishment.

Also curious about whether or not users would have to start from scratch - probably depends on whether or not all the user data from the original game was kept.  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Glitching Speculation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:40 pm
What is zOMG?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:36 pm
Gaia's old MMO game. It was taken down by the previous admin. But now Lanzer's looking to bring it back. mrgreen  

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:33 pm
    Even if I'm not the biggest zOMG! enthusiast myself, I'm excited for the vitality and joy that this will bring back to the Gaian community as a whole as well as to zOMG!'s more dedicated players.

What I'm most thrilled about is that Lanzer is trying to make it so that all of Gaia's games are worthwhile by having payouts that are reflective of and change with current economic trends. Imagine if each game had its own bustling and active community? biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:26 pm
Great news! Zomg might be up by next Monday!! Not 100% certain, depending on how it goes with getting all the bugs worked out, but Lanzer's going for it!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/ask-the-staff-28-february-2017-closed/t.101932161_346/#346  

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:00 pm
Sorry for the double post, but no, there will NOT be any reset. You do not have to start the game over. So if you've played zomg before, you keep all your levels, rings, etc etc. mrgreen This is awesome news! biggrin biggrin Heck, I'm just thrilled to have zomg back. DMS and all.

I heard that in a zomg! discord chat, and that comes straight from Lanzer himself. I'll have to hunt up the screenie in the chat and post it here.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:56 am
I fear the worst but hope for the best!
But I am happy to see it return to Gaia, maybe this time I can become a better player, hahaha!
I used to be so horrible at it, but always had loads of fun biggrin  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:31 am
To celebrate z! returning next Monday, my friend has created a get together that day in zOMG's Barton town! There will be a lot of z! vets there, including myself, as well as Swarf and Mavdoc! Swarf is the creator of zOMG and Mavdoc is one of the original developers! If you're a returning player or new to the game, definitely drop by!  
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games