Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Callaghan Cottage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Owners: Alby Callaghan and Tiernan Yaxley

Downstairs:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Upstairs:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:22 pm
Inhabitants:

Aʟʙʏ Cᴀʟʟᴀɢʜᴀɴ ɪs...
Home | Office | Diagon Alley | Town | Somewhere Else

Tɪᴇʀɴᴀɴ Yᴀxʟᴇʏ ɪs...
Home | Greenhouse | Backyard | Diagon Alley | Visiting her sisters Somewhere Else

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:42 pm
Miscellaneous:

There are a handful of trusted, if odd, house elves that help keep up the estate was well as fawn over their new mistress, Tiernan.

Since moving in, the abandoned bedrooms have since been cleaned and purged of all harmful entities and are now in the process of being transformed for other use or purposes.

Technically, the amount of land owned is merely 2½ acres though since the property has been abandoned so long and been forgotten by both magicals and muggles alike, it's assumed that one could landscape as one saw fit.

Be wary, there is a small moat surrounding the estate which one could cross over via the stone pathways and wooden bridges.

Besides the numerous animals that roam in its woods, Alby's owl Mercutio and Tiernan's snakes Byron and Emily are the only ones welcome into the home

Though in the interest to not kill his owl due to post, he's recently gotten the floo to work and has it as "Callaghan Cottage."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:20 am

𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖎𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖎𝖓𝖛𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕿𝖎𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖆𝖓 𝖄𝖆𝖝𝖑𝖊𝖞 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕬𝖑𝖇𝖞 𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖌𝖍𝖆𝖓, 𝔐𝔞𝔶 4, 2041

𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖞:
Tiernan Yaxley: Bride
Alby Callaghan: Groom
Reyna Whyte: Maid of Honor
Darian Yaxley: Bridesmaid
Rowan Yaxley: Bridesmaid
Mercy Sanderson: Best Woman
Glynn Llewelyn: Groomsman
Clara Bautista: Groomswoman

𝕴𝖓𝖛𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖊𝖘:
Yaxley family
Callaghan family
Overton family
Hill family
Ivar Eriksson-Eide
Arnemetia Diarmid
Oliver Davis

Diamond Wales

Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Julian Galaksylph

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:48 am
Now I could see the sun rise and set on you
I've seen the sun rise and set on you
You say you’re looking for something to make you feel anew
You don’t believe in God, hey, whiskey will do

𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

FORMER RAVENCLAW │ HERBOLOGIST │ PUREBLOOD

Tiernan, despite her love for various romance films, had never been the sort of girl to breathlessly envision her own wedding day. The concept had usually induced a nose wrinkle and eye roll in her, even if she had always been the most... traditionally feminine... of her sisters. She had far more important things to daydream over, such as snakes and plants and plans for her future, most of which had not aligned with her parents'. That said, perhaps she really was a chip off the old mildewed Yaxley block, even if her sorting had been 'regrettable'.

For all her unwanted smarts, she had married a fellow pureblood from an old and conservative family, and they were marrying only a few years out of school. Of course, she had no intention of popping out a baby (or triplets) in nine months, although it had taken her own mother years to become pregnant, and when she finally had, she'd given birth to three daughters.. and no sons. Tiernan dearly hoped there were no multiples in her own future, although she couldn't care less what gender her children were.

So long as they were polite, good dancers, and knew their way around a greenhouse (and had a decent appreciation for musical theater, courtesy of their father) it didn't really matter to her. She had no intention of being the sort of parent her own had been, varying between spoiling their children with gifts, rather than affection, or scorning them for not living up to their impossible standards. But that would be a while off. Both her and Alby's businesses and respective careers were just getting off the ground, and while Tiernan thought she'd be a rather good mother, she was in no rush. Besides, they said the practice rounds were most of the fun.

Her mother was affixing her with a glare from across the lit tent, and her father looked similarly displeased. Not only had she refused to include 'obey' in her vows, she had not taken Alby's noble surname, although she had nothing against it, she had asked her sisters to walk her down the aisle, instead of her father, and she had changed into a slightly more contemporary dress for the reception. One she could actually dance in without collapsing from exhaustion and corseting. Yes, how dare she not be perfectly miserable with a forced smile at her own wedding, like her own mother had been, married off to some man she had no real feelings for like a bloody animal at market. The nerve of her.

Tiernan's own smile was quite genuine as she squeezed her husband's hand. Her husband. It sounded so much better than 'boyfriend' or even 'fiance'. "Well, neither side raised a fuss when they asked if anyone had any objections to our glorious union," she teased. "So I'll count that as our first wedded victory." Really, she would have sent Emily to do her dirty work if that had happened. As it was, Byron had rather frightened the officiant by slithering around her veil during the ceremony. Of course they'd vanished after the vows, likely afraid of being trampled during the dancing. A wise decision on their parts.

OOC:
Yukina101

Oh, you ask me a question I’ll tell you a lie
So don’t be looking at me acting all surprised
Yeah, you ask me a question I’ll tell you a lie
And now he’s looking at me right dead in the eyes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm
I’m not afraid to look insane
'Cause I’m crazy about you
There’s nothing that I won’t do
Just to make you love me, love me, love me
Throw away my pride for you
Just to make you love me, want me, trust me

Fɪʀᴇᴡᴏʀᴋꜱ Pᴜʀᴠᴇʏᴏʀ |✦| Rαveɴclαw Alυм

Alby getting married had never been in the cards if one had to ask his parents about his future fate. They would've gone on to assume that he would've been given a job with his eldest brother, out of the goodness of his heart of course, due to him being an invalid at just about anything useful. Or worse he'd shame them all by following a muggle profession such as a show performer which would be just as good since that would mean his inheritance would go to his nephews who would surely never embarrass them like that. Hilariously, in terms of marriage he'd already usurped his older brothers considering how prominent the Yaxley name was in their circle. And despite his how plebeian in nature his goods were, he was already negotiating trial contracts with well-known businesses.

But none of that, absolutely none of it was important because today he did the one thing he'd wanted to (dreamed of even) since he was roughly fourteen years old. He had heard often in romantic movies and plays this line of how being with their significant other made them a better person and while he could see that, he disagreed to some point. Being with Tiernan didn't just make him a better person, she gave him an inner strength and fire he'd never attempted to tap into beforehand. Some days Alby truly felt like Julie Andrews and on those days he felt his luckiest. Today being the obvious exception because he was far pass Julie Andrews, he was more around Sarah Bernhardt with a spattering of Maggie Smith. He was pretty sure he'd been having an actual out of body experience since he'd woken up that morning. Not having his brothers stand beside him at the ceremony had been more relieving than it probably should have been, especially when he had his very mild freak out. Very mild.

The ceremony had gone off without fuss (there might've been but he wouldn't have noticed anyway because Gods Above Tiernan looked radiant) and Alby was now enjoying the fruits of their labor watching friends and family intermingle. He felt his hand being squeezed and he responded with one in reflex looking over at his wife having been keeping an eye on his father who had miraculously seen his wedding day. Hopefully that same luck held up until they went back to their home because he'd rather not have his day tainted by the man collapsing on a patch of his wife's flowers. Alby snickered as Tiernan joked that neither of their families had objected during their union, which he had been pleasantly surprised about but not too much since he assumed neither wanted to be the one to "make a spectacle." "Really? I was counting the fact that the officiant had still continued with the wedding after Byron made his surprise entrance." Alby joked bringing their joined hands to his lips for a soft kiss. It'd taken awhile but he'd gotten used to the presences of Byron and Emily and he would like to believe that they also felt the same towards him.

Baby, I know I’m not ashamed
Just need you and I could care less
If everyone knows that I’m your fool
Girl there’s nothing I won’t do
Just to make you love me, love me, love me

The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:24 pm
User Image
                                                  They say we are what we are
                                                  But we don't have to be.
                                                  I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
                                                  I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame.
                                                  I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Pᴀʀsᴇʟᴍᴏᴜᴛʜ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Darian was trying to avoid her family as much as possible. Save for her sisters, she was pretty sure that the rest of them didn't care for her at all. Either that, or they were glaring daggers at her. Darian didn't care. The only family she cared about in the wedding was her sisters. Besides, in Darian's opinion, Tiernan made a very beautiful bride, and she couldn't be happier for her.

She shifted a bit and laid her head on Gabe's shoulder. She wasn't blind. Her parents were less than thrilled that a muggle had been at the wedding. However, they were keeping their mouths shut, which was a far cry from what she figured would be her own wedding. If she got married. She figured that Gabe would ask for her hand so they didn't live in sin or something like that. Darian was tempted to turn him down just to continue 'living in sin' but she figured that Gabe would never like that.

Gabe shifted and looked toward Darian.
                                                  "They're glaring again."

"Yeah, I know." Darian rolled her eyes as she spotted her father. She gave a sweet small smile in return and laced her fingers with Gabe's, knowing it would infuriate her father to see it. Her mother looked like she was ignoring Darian, which suited her just fine. "Don't worry, they won't do anything with people watching. Give us looks across the room, sure, but they won't do anything to make themselves look bad."

Gabe sighed and looked back toward where Tiernan and Alby were sitting. "There's one good thing about this wedding besides your sister getting married, at least."

"Oh there is?"

"Yeah." Gabe smiled and leaned over to whisper conspiratorially. "I got to see what kind of wedding your family's likely going to want so that I can warn my family about it later."

"Well, that's not happening for a while." Darian resumed leaning against Gabe, toying with his fingers and cocking an eyebrow at him. "Besides, you need to finish the police academy, and I need to work on getting into the Witch Watchers. We've got time."

════════════════════════

Thinking: If my father keeps glaring, his face is going to get stuck that way.
                                                  OOC:

-♡-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Sometimes the only pay-off for having any faith
                                                  Is when it's tested again and again everyday.
                                                  I'm still comparing your past to my future.
                                                  It might be your wound but they're my sutures.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              ℓσνє, gιммє ℓσνє, gιммє ℓσνє - ι ∂σи'т иєє∂ ιт
                                              вυт ι'ℓℓ тαкє ωнαт ι ωαит fяσм уσυя нєαят
                                              αи∂ ι'ℓℓ кєєρ ιт ιи α вαg, ιи α вσχ
                                              ρυт αи χ σи тнє fℓσσя - gιммє мσяє, gιммє мσяє, gιммє мσяє
                                              ѕнυт υρ αи∂ ѕιиg ιт ωιтн мє

spaceWeddings weren't all that interesting, Merc had realized. She'd always had a suspicion that was the case, but now she had finally confirmed it by actually attending one. Normally, she would collect more data on such a thing before coming to any conclusion, but this time, she was quite happy to assume she was correct without any further testing. The most interesting thing about the whole ordeal was the expressions on the various Yaxley relatives faces, which admittedly were pretty hilarious.

spaceThat's not to say that she regretted being here in the slightest, because she obviously didn't. She was thrilled for the happy couple, and honored to've been Best Man (Alby kept calling it Best Woman, but Merc didn't see the point; she had worn a suit, after all). Things didn't always have to be interesting for her to enjoy them. Just... now that the ceremony was over, and the work was done, she found herself drifting. Her focus wasn't what it should be, and she kept getting distracted by nothing. Thoughts in her own head. Not the least of which were concerning recent realizations regarding one of her friends, but she was rather content to pretend there had been no such realizations in the first place.

spaceSighing in agitation, she glanced (glared) around the tent, intent on finding someone to properly distract her. Normally she'd want to take advantage of time spent in the same space as Alby to discuss their business, since it was so much more efficient to do so in person. But, this was his wedding day, and he was rather occupied with making eyes at his bride, which she obviously wasn't about to interrupt. Of course, other than Alby and Clara and Glynn, she wasn't particularly close to anyone else here, and she wasn't keen on talking to Glynn at the moment, which left...

spaceMerc finally spotted Clara, and immediately began making her way over towards her friend. She realized after a moment that she was more or less murder-walking towards her, and slowed her pace, relaxed her shoulders. She hoped, when she finally joined the other girl, that she'd managed to cover at least most of her agitation.
                                              "So, like, that was a thing," she chirped, humming happily as she looked towards Alby and Tiernan. "I'm never getting married. Way too much work for what amounts to a fancy party. Worth it for them, though, considering the faces." The bluenette snickered faintly, head tilting to indicate Tiernan's parents. "How long do you think before they leave? I'm surprised they haven't already, but I guess it's that whole 'appearances' thing." Honestly, if you couldn't control your facial expression and at least fake being happy for your kid, she didn't see how being present said anything good about you. Alby's family was no better, but she was used to them, so she wasn't all that surprised that they were failing just as miserably on that front.

σн, ℓєт мє тєℓℓ уσυ 'вσυт тнє ѕα∂ мαи
                                              ѕнυт υρ αи∂ ℓєт мє ѕєє уσυя נαzz нαи∂ѕ
                                              яємємвєя ωнєи уσυ ωєяє α мα∂мαи
                                              тнσυgнт уσυ ωαѕ вαтмαи αи∂ нιт тнє ραяту
                                              ωιтн α gαѕ ¢αи - кιѕѕ мє уσυ αиιмαℓ

wнere - Wedding Reception
                                              wнen - Spring 2041
                                              wιтн - Clara
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

Julian Galaksylph

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:05 am
User Image

( HalfbloodSeventh Year HufflepuffDaily Dragon Writer, Prefect ) xx

All нe ever wαɴтed wαѕ тo вro-dowɴ
                                                        Wнαт we ѕυppoѕed тo do wιтн αll нιѕ ғrιeɴdѕ αroυɴd, yeαн
                                                        Sмoĸιɴɢ weed, нe'd ɴever wαɴɴα leαve тнe нoυѕe
                                                        Goт αɴ eмpтy cυѕнιoɴ oɴ тнαт ѕoғα ɴow
                                                        Told нιм, "Good lυcĸ wιтн тнe ɴeхт oɴe."
                                                        Mαyвe ѕнe'll вe jυѕт αѕ ιммαтυre
                                                        Goттα тнαɴĸ нιм, нe'ѕ тнe reαѕoɴ тнαт I ĸɴow ɴow wнαт I'м looĸιɴɢ ғor

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Clara as a preteen would squirm in disgust at the mere concept of marriage, given how she used to be act like she was above it. But now she was much more okay about it after seeing Alby and Tiernan together, and she couldn't bring herself to lie that they were just one positively sappy couple. That said, she was so thrilled to be their groomswoman and so damn proud for Merc being a bestwoman while rocking on her classiest suit. Clara will most likely not live it down honestly.

While the ceremony was really something she should never miss, Clara also found the faces of the Yaxleys and Callaghans ridiculous. And knowing what kind of family they were, Clara was resisting to making such quips. Like how she was a daughter of a squib and a "mudblood", and very beautiful (and classy) to boot with her lavender shades, deep blue dress, and a well-done hairstyle. Tiernan and Alby seemed to be basking on their families' faces, too, as if shoving on their faces about how happy and lovey-dovey they were. All while being "sorry not sorry".

Her sunglasses were on the top of her head as night falls, sipping a drink when her close friend Merc found it fit to talk to her... and she briefly looked agitated about it. Clara raised an eyebrow, heedful when Merc offered her two pounds about marriage before smirking about how she won't be getting married anytime soon. "Trust me, people do crazy things when they're in love," Clara chirped, "Even if it means making lots of effort to make a fancy party. And inviting your snobbish parents." She took a glance at the Yaxley family and scowled, the woman who was probably Tiernan's mother was glowering as if she just got a ultra-losing streak in Quidditch. "I feel like they're still here in hopes to make the two feel miserable with their glares. And they're bad at it, because the couple were just basking on it anyway." Like yes, how dare they became so happy and in love, and not being shipped off in an arranged marriage and be miserable your entire life. Clara then frowned sadly, as she was beginning to feel a bit sorry since she couldn't imagine having parents who never cared if you're happy and just cared about what you should be, but she didn't say anything and just continued to sip her drink.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Gυyѕ мy αɢe doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo тreαт мe
                                                        Doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo pleαѕe мe; doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo reαd мe
                                                        Gυyѕ мy αɢe doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo тeαѕe мe
                                                        Doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo leαve мe; doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo ɴeed мe
                                                        Gυyѕ мy αɢe doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo тoυcн мe, doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo love мe ɢood

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - May 4, 2041xx
                                                        wнere - Callaghan Cottagexxxx
                                                        wιтн - Mercy
                                                        xxxxxx

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items