Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Jacobs Manor

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:17 pm
xxTHE JACOBS MANORxx
W I L T S H I R E

User Image

The Jacobs Manor is a large manor near the outskirts of Wiltshire. It had been in the possession of the Jacobs family for nearly a century and is owned by the current head of the family, Theodore Jacobs. At the moment, its residents include Theodore and his wife Susan, and their son Eli's family, including his children: Lucinda and Daniel Jacobs. However, Lucy moved out a couple of years after graduating from Hogwarts while Daniel elected to remain at home.

The manor has an odd mix of traditional and modern decor, as the Jacobs family renovated the rooms only in their individual tastes. Magical appliances are mixed with muggle and the manor is protected by anti-apparition spells and muggle-repelling and intruder charms. The house is connected to the Floo Network by a fireplace in the living room; its address is Jacobs Manor.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image User Image User Image
User Image

FIRST FLOOR
Foyer ┃ Living room ┃ Dining room
Study ┃ Kitchen ┃ Bathroom
Garden

SECOND FLOOR
Thedore and Susan's room ┃ Eli and Moira's room ┃ Lucy's old room
Daniel's room ┃ Spare room ┃ Bathroom

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:18 pm
RESIDENTS
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

DANIEL JACOBS
                                              ━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                18, Apprentice Healer

Currently at work

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:19 pm
xxPETSxx

User Image

.GEMxx
                                                Female spotted eagle owl

Belongs to Daniel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:05 pm
User Image

L U C I N D AxxxJ A C O B S

FOURTHxYEAR xxxxxxGRYFFINDORxxxxxxRESERVExKEEPER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The first that Lucy did when she came back home was to ask her parents if she could invite Alec over for the summer. Well, it might not have been the first thing she did, but it was definitely within the first three days. There was no way that they weren't going to hang out during the holidays and why not keep his stupid off of his back? And the addition of a guest would probably make her parents more lenient as well compared to last summer so they could have more fun. Thankfully, with the help of the best puppy-dog eyes she could muster, they warily and reluctantly allowed her and she sent him an owl almost immediately telling him the good news.

At the moment, she was sitting in the shade in the gardens working on her new pet project, a crocheted doll for her cousin, as she waited for Alec to arrive. He'd replied almost immediately with an affirmative and she knew that he wouldn't take long. Her eyes kept returning to the gates even as her hands moved almost automatically, causing her to have to untangle some wrong knots. She had plans for this summer and she couldn't wait to start them. They were going to have so much fun!

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxgardens at homexxxxxw i t hxxno one (yet)
                                                            f e e l i n gxxexcitedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:34 am
Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly!
They go to the lake of fire and fry...
Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July.
I knew a lady who came from Duluth;
She got bit by a dog with a rabid tooth-

User Image
ΛĿƐӾΛИDƐŔ
ṖĤĪĿĿĪṖ
ΛѴƐŔY

fourth year │ gryffindor │ pureblood

Alec really couldn't wait until he was seventeen. No sooner had he come home then It began, It being his parents paying a disturbing amount of attention to him. Yes, he was a Gryffindor and a blood traitor. But he was still their son and as their son, it was their duty to at least attempt to arrange a marriage for him- To make a long story short they were trying to marry him off to some eighteen year old Hufflepuff who was similarly a disgrace to her pureblood family, and Alec's response had been an unequivocal 'go ******** yourselves'. That had not really gone over well, and maybe his dad had hit him- it was fine. Except his dad swung ******** hard for an old geezer and the swelling was just now beginning to go down, two days later. Whatever.

He'd been sleeping in the stable because anything was better than sharing a house with those two lunatics, who seemed even more bent out of shape than usual, as it was now clear Sera wasn't going to come crawling back home after 'learning her lesson' in the cold, cruel, muggle world. He didn't trust them not to ship him off to Durmstrang or something in his sleep. Luckily, his parents couldn't really back up any of their threats, since the family head was David, and as much as Alec disliked the bloke, he appreciated David's general attitude of not giving a ********, because it meant he probably wouldn't be too keen on forcing Alec to marry anyone. And the next best thing to the head was old Rob Avery, who everyone knew was gay, or his grandfather Wendell, who was demented already, so, you really couldn't expect much of him.

Anyways, he'd already been planning on sneaking over to Lucy's via the Knight Bus, when she'd owled him. He liked Lucy's parents alright, since they were saints compared to his, but they were also a bit strict, although nowhere near as strict as his- not that he'd really experienced any strictness from his parents until he ******** up their plans by being sorted into Gryffindor. He wandered into the gardens, blanched slightly at the sight of Lucy in an off the shoulder top, managed to calm himself down, and approached, hoping the red in his face would be most attributed to the bruise and the hot sun above them. "Hi," he muttered, trying not to sound sullen, because just because she liked that Roo kid didn't mean he should be an arsehole, even if it was sometimes hard, and flopped down next to her on the grass. "Your piece of s**t cousin isn't lurking around here, right? Because Peter the p***k is the last person I wanna see right now." He quirked a wry grin, squinting in the sun.

OOC:
oyehh

She went to her grave just a little too soon;
And she flew away howling on the yellow moon!
Now the people cry and the people moan...
And they look for a dry place to call their home.
And try to find some place to rest their bones-
While the angels and the devils try to make them their own.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:29 pm
User Image

The next time Lucy looked up, she spotted Alec making his way towards her, and putting her project away, she sent him a bright grin and waved as he approached and greeted her. "I see you made it here in one piece," she teased, but she noticed a dark bruise on his face and her smiled disappeared. "Almost in one piece at least," she muttered before she spoke louder. "When did that happen?" she asked worriedly, gesturing towards his face, which was a little red. "It hasn't been that long since we last saw each other." It didn't look like something he got by accident, which made her more concerned.

Lucy snorted at Alec's comment about Peter. "You and me both. I wouldn't be this relaxed if he was sneaking around, so thank Merlin he's never here. I'd deal with him if he was here though," she added casually with a smirk. Lucy then sat up straight and clapped her hands together. "Now for the important business. Since you've arrived, we can do two things: you can meet my parents, say hi and all that, or we can explore around for a bit before doing all that." She paused here, before sending Alec a cheeky smile. "Unless, of course, you want to rest here for a bit before we do anything."

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxgardens at homexxxxxw i t hxxAlec

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:51 pm
Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly!
They go to the lake of fire and fry...
Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July.
I knew a lady who came from Duluth;
She got bit by a dog with a rabid tooth-

User Image
ΛĿƐӾΛИDƐŔ
ṖĤĪĿĿĪṖ
ΛѴƐŔY

fourth year │ gryffindor │ pureblood

Alec rolled his eyes at her concern, although it secretly made him want to go scream gleefully into a nearby canyon. "I dunno. A day or two ago. My dad and I had a bit of a fight. Don't worry. Totally kicked his arse. Ya know." He flexed an arm experimentally from his position on the grass, before rolling over with a muffled "Good," in response to her assurance that Peter was nowhere around. He honestly couldn't stand the kid. It would have been one thing if he was just annoying, an idiot, or just a piece of s**t, but he happened to be all three. Who the hell got in two fist fights in one year, and managed to get their arse kicked in both of them? What was he trying to prove, that he had the muscular strength of a butterfly?

"Explore?" Alec arched an eyebrow. "Don't tempt me, Lucinder," he teased. "How could I resist the epic labyrinth of adventure and intrigue that is your house? Does this quest come with food? because honest to Godric I haven't eaten yet today," he whined, sending her puppy eyes, before struggling up into a sitting position. To be honest, he'd never really... officially introduced himself to her parents before, though. He'd seen them around of course, and sort of done the awkward boy 'nod and avoid eye contact' thing, but he was a fourth year now, so he supposed maybe he should try to be a little more mature. If only to get in their good graces. "But I guess I could say hi to your parents. So long as they're not going to like, flip out. That I'm here."

OOC:
oyehh

She went to her grave just a little too soon;
And she flew away howling on the yellow moon!
Now the people cry and the people moan...
And they look for a dry place to call their home.
And try to find some place to rest their bones-
While the angels and the devils try to make them their own.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:26 pm
User Image

Lucy's eyes widened and she turned to stare at Alec. "What the hell, Alec?" she cried out. "So he hit you? Whatever for?" Lucy shouldn't be surprised, but seriously, what the hell? She knew that his parents were assholes, but to beat up their son because of some stupid argument? What was wrong with them?

Lucy rolled her eyes at the nickname but giggled nonetheless at Alec's ridiculousness. "Don't worry about my parents. They're the ones who said okay." After she needled them constantly about it for the past few days and with some help from Nana Susan. But that didn't mean that they wouldn't welcome Alec, just that they had reservations about having him stay with them that Lucy was sure would disappear after meeting him. "And you're in luck, it just so happens that we can get stop by the kitchen before talking to the adults to satiate this knight's hunger," she grinned as she got to her feet, offering a hand to help Alec up as well.

Gesturing Alec to follow her, she led him through the garden to the back door, which coincidently, opened into the kitchen. Lucy spread her arms as if to say ta da! "Did you have anything in mind? The fridge and pantry's all yours." She hadn't eaten since breakfast, so it would be nice to have a snack as well.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxhomexxxxxw i t hxxAlec

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        Sorry about the double quote, had to edit something ^^"

The Forgotten Weasley

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers