Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Dov'Strunmah Lands
[PRP] Bubble Bubble Toil and Trouble (Poseida x Mti`imara)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:46 am
User Image
It had been hours since the dramatic, heart-felt reunion. Mti had come through after all and a short time later Malphas arrived. As much as it broke her heart to rise her friend out of her sleep it was necessary to make sure that pesky wheeze she had developed hadn't been something underline serious.

Thank the gods he merely brushed it off as her having an anxiety attack. Sira got a clean bill of health and they both got his condolences before leaving. Before he did Malphas made sure to inform Poseida that she was allowed as much bereavement leave that she needed and that he would let the team know some personal matters came up. The fact that he was able to handle two of her biggest concerns in one swoop was nothing short of astounding, she made a personal note to find some way to thank him later on.

Sira had passed back out right after the exam was done unsurprisingly given she was half-asleep throughout most of it in the first place. It left Poseida with a dilemma though, without something to keep her occupied she her heart yearned to begin mourning and let the overflowing brew of emotions bubbling inside of her free finally, but on the other hand what if Sira woke up? Seeing Poseida completely broken down certainly wouldn't help her own weak mental state in the slightest.

Poseida had to find something to do. Anything to do. Just something to get her paws moving, and her mind focused on something else.

So Poseida did the one thing that she could do at this time, and something that desperately needed to be done in this obvious bachelor pad: she cleaned.

Abominable Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:52 pm
User Image

Jua had sworn to him that itd be in his best interests to at least get the Doctor, the gentle giant had done just that. Sought out the grey lion and requested that he seek out Poseida in his den. In a swift movement he thanked the Doctor, narrowly avoiding explaining why the lioness was there - the pair hadn't really made a choice as to what they were, even with the intentions of Poseida staying on his mind.

The sun was fairy high in the sky by the time he witnessed the Doctor milling about again. Mti had taken a well earned nap beneath a shady tree and awoke with a start - a dream.. or perhaps nightmare ..directly related to the two females huddled up in his den. "Damn." He muttered under his breath as his fear of women was becoming more apparent, though in his defense he'd seen what his little Poseida was capable of verbally.. if her physical abilities were anything like them... He noticeably shivered at the thought.

Finally, when he couldn't stand the public view any longer, he took aim at his den and wandered in that general direction. Sleeping in the comfort of his home was the most ideal way he could think of to spend the afternoon, but when he arrived there he saw a poof of dust and sneezed loudly. "Poseida?" He hissed, recalling immediately after that dramatic sneeze that she had company in his den. HIS den. Still.. she didn't really have much of a place of her own. "Poseida, what are you doing?" He was actually baffled, what on earth could she be doing to his den (which was perfectly fine in his views).

He dropped his rump, not daring to enter a place he could be corned by the tiny lioness with a resting demon face, just for fear of his life, or worse.. getting roped into cleaning a perfectly tidy den.

Pollack

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:00 am

Her head snapped up at the rumbling echo calling her name that rang throughout the cave. Unfortunately for her she had been crawled into a small nook digging out what had to be...honestly gods knows how many months of discarded litter that had been shoved inside never to be heard of again.

Someone seriously needed to teach this man that just because you couldn't see something doesn't mean it wasn't there anymore!

But as a result of the jolt of shock her head smashed against the top of the rocky crack. Letting out a short hiss she scrambled to wiggle herself out of the hole. Which made for quite the amusing for anyone who had caught her at just the right angle - her bum sticking upwards, wiggling furiously, her tail flopping back and forth against the ground, and her head stuck in a hole.

Grace and dignity were clearly not her strongest of suits.

Finally escaping her rocky prison Poseida landed on her rump with a oof. "I heard you, I heard you!" She replied back as she slowly lifted herself back to her feet. Turning around she used the bushy end of her tail much like a broom, sweeping it along beside her as she made her way to the mouth of the cave to greet him.

"What does it look like I'm doing, Mti? I'm cleaning."
She shot back, finally sweeping out the pile of junk past him and out into the garbage/compost hole she had dug out earlier in the day. "I refuse to live in squalor." Puffing out her cheeks slightly she raised her head proudly to look him square in the eye, shooting him a very unamused look. "Though I could ask you the same thing? What are you doing, or more importantly, where have you been? You ran off before I could even get in a word edgewise!"

Abominable Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:21 am
Pale eyes watched on as the female tugged herself from the small space in a very unladylike manner before flopping onto her rump and declaring she'd heard him. If he had a death sentence in mind he would have giggled, but instead he remained quiet, save for a small smile that tugged at the corner of his lips. That smile faded rapidly when he witnessed her whip around, while cleaning (a daring move made by women) that told him he was in for it.

She didn't disappoint.

Live.. in squalor? He was baffled by her statement mostly because the 'live' part meant she was staying put, not moving and that meant long term. One day he'd have to get over himself and ask her what exactly her intentions with him were. Today wasn't building up to be that day. "My den was perfectly fine." He said, holding firmly to those words even as she swept a pile of junk by him, he even took a moment to glance at it to make sure she wasn't tossing out anything important to him. He snorted slightly, but silenced quickly as she continued.

"Space." He stated, nearly choking on even that word as he realized just how deep of a hole he'd gotten himself stuck into. "I was, uhm, giving you and your friend space. She seemed really upset." He managed to make it through the sentence with a partial stutter, a proud moment for him. Though he thought back to Jua and the way he'd encouraged him to at least get the Doctor, the male was young, but apparently wise in women because he did mention going back to the den sooner than later - perhaps he ought to start listening to his orange friend.

"What word would you have liked? And hey, where did my food and water go.." He said, just realizing the package he had haphazardly dropped off was gone.

Pollack

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:40 am

It was her turn to let out a snort at that. Perfect? If you were a warthog perhaps! "I'm sorry I didn't realize that you had a fetish for keeping bones and trash around your home! Honestly do you know how many bones I found still crawling with bugs on them? Bugs, Mti!" She may or may not have made her own mess to clean up the first time stumbling upon one of those said disgusting piles. Not like she would ever admit it.

Her ears pinned back slightly as she took a quick reassuring peek in Sira's direction to make sure that their little argument wasn't disturbing her. Good, still snoring happily.

She...had to admit she could see his point for choosing to give them space after seeing how upset the two were. If she had been in his position she would have likely done the same thing. However..."You still were gone for a long time. It's been nearly all day Mti, where have you been staying in the mean time?" Poseida couldn't honestly tell you if she was upset at him at this moment because dearly wanted to console in him, or if it was because she was extremely worried over his sudden disappearance. She had already lost too many loved ones today that she desperately wanted to keep her remaining ones tucked close safe and sound nearby.

"Many words I'll have you know! I was going to explain why she was here in the first place and what had happened..." Pausing she blinked owlishly, her head tilting to the side as she recalled what exactly she had done with his food and water.

"I organized and put it all away where pests wouldn't be able to get to it." She explained in a very matter-of-fact tone. "You're welcome by the way." She tacked on with a small smirk.

Abominable Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:52 am
Mti was amused by her snort, if anyone were to ask he'd admit he found it charming, in only a way that a snort could be found charming. "I'll have you know... Nope. I don't even have an argument." He stated, fumbling over his defense, ears flipping back in his sudden dismay. Reality was smacking him in the face and he wasn't catching on. Not yet anyhow.

Though, it did strike him a little when he saw her look back at her friend with a look that made his heart skip a beat. A look of so much love that he just wanted to grab hold of her, but then she opened her mouth and the feeling was gone. "A long time?! well I had no idea how long it would take with Mal, or how long you two would be up and blubbering.." Heck.. he didn't even know WHY they were blubbering, but he knew it couldn't be good. In the short amount of time that he knew Poseida he didn't know her to be a crier, so for tears to happen they had to have happened for a damned good reason.

"Well go, explain away." He dropped his rump, causing a small stir of dust to whip up and around him, making him realize suddenly that she was probably right. His den was a disaster and not fit for them to live in. Them. He had mentally admitted to himself that she would be staying around, no if ands or butts about that, likely whether he liked it or not (fortunately he was enjoying it). "Why did your friend show up on my door step to cry her eyes out?" Mti hadn't the foggiest that he was acting so heartless, he just figured they were girl problems.

"Oh." He said quietly at her explanation of the food and water mystery. "Thank you." Mti mumbled and looked to the ground, unable to look her in the eye right away.

Pollack

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:25 am

She almost felt bad for nagging him so hard the moment he stepped an inch through the entrance to his den when his ears flipped back. Oh, perhaps she was being a bit too over-dramatic? But then again she did find conditions in this cave that made her literally lose her lunch.

Almost. He came so close to gaining some sympathy from her but nope, not after the horrors she had seen. She'll be needed to see a therapist for years to remove the mental scars.

Her nose wrinkled back up into her classic look of disgust at him. Blubbering!? Excuse him? He would be in the exact same position that they had been had he been given the same news. "I'll have you know that we had a damn good reason to bubbler on as you so charmingly put it! We might have been bawling our eyes out but at least we were facing our problems instead of running away from them like a cub with his tail between his legs!" She huffed. Instead of plunking down like he had she elected to work out her own anger by pacing in front of him. Her head lowered as she softly muttered to herself, trying to figure out how in the world she would explain this to him.

"We...I told you before that I'm from a caravan, yes? A very close knit small family that was like a pride but nomadic in nature. Hasira," She waved a paw in the snoring lioness' direction. "Was also a member of the same caravan. They...we...." Her voice cracked pitifully. Gods above it was one thing to be told this information but it was a whole other to explain it to someone.

Sucking in a deep breath her head lifted skyward, trying to blink back her tears once again like she had been all day. "We're the last ones left. Our caravan was attacked sometime in the night all of our family is - i-is." Finally she lowered herself down to the ground her chest heaving heavily as another onslaught of emotions threatened to break any shred of barrier she had left in her. "D-de-dead. They're all dead." She finished quietly, the first sob finally breaking through shortly after.

Abominable Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:09 pm
That wrinkle almost always sparked something in the giant and made him want to act mischievously. That just wouldn’t do in this situation though and so he found himself biting his lip a touch to fight the urge to speak his mind. Something he was extremely glad he had done because the tides were turning in their conversation, from bickering to a whole other realm. Mti actually recoiled when she began to assault him, but as she had said she had a damn good reason to be doing so. “I have seen enough female problems in my time to know that escaping them is usually the best course of action..” He mumbled to himself trying, in a half-assed manner to defend his reasoning knowing full well that he’d already lost the battle whether he liked it or not.

“Yes?” He said, answering her as she went on about the Caravan. How could he forget? She’d talked about it a number of times and was clearly very devoted to the small troupe that was nearly like family or had been family – that part he couldn’t remember and found himself focusing on the wrong thing at first. When she waved her paw to point out Hasira his attention was grabbed again and he’d absorbed her name. Hasira. When her voice cracked as she stumbled through the beginning of her explanation Mti found himself immediately feeling like a protector and moved in closer, not pouncing on top of her, but found himself desiring to hold her – whatever news had been delivered was not good.

He held off, let her inhale deeply and watched as she lifted her head – a telltale sign of someone trying to hold back emotions such as rage or tears. He was reminded of his youthful behaviors and those of others around him when bad news had been passed around. Mti was astounded as he watched the incredibly strong female break before him, to the degree where he leaped forward in a poor attempt to catch her and failed, but was able to at least be there for the final words. Dead. He inhaled slowly and moved to surround her protectively as though his bulk would act as walls of a mountain to shield it’s core. “I’m so sorry Poseida.” He finally said, speaking in a hushed whisper to the lioness he sought to guard. “At least Hasira is here safe and sound, neither of you have to leave my den for as long as you need it.” He said quickly, trying to correct his previous behavior. They needed the safe space more than he did.

Quote:
Posting for Greenie as it's easier for her to send these through Skype.

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:40 pm
Once she felt his warm presence looming over her tiny, shaking form her head lifted. Her mouth opened with full intent to continue her emotional ramblings but the thought was tossed out the window when she was pulled into his protective embrace. Her face instinctively buried it's self in his thick mess of curls that he called a mane.

It started with a hiccup, that morphed into a sob, and finally settling on full-blown wailing as she finally let out everything that had been bottling it's self inside of her since she learned the dreadful news.

Her paws tightly wound themselves around as much of his neck as she could get, clinging onto him as though if she let go that he too would suddenly disappear from her life as well. She couldn't lose Sira, she couldn't lose him, she would be absolutely lost without the two in her life. Once calm she would surely see the great irony in that revelation given that before this tragedy she was going to have to choose to cut one or the other out of her life for good.

Fate had decided to take that issue off the table and force them all together, but at what cost?

It was a good time later before her painful cries subdued into weak sniffles. Her hoarse voice, though muffled, finally rang from under the mass of hair she still was using as a pillow. "I was worried about you, you know. I..I know it sounds ridiculous but I just kept thinking, 'What if they came and attacked here next? What if they targeted Mti?' I'm so, so thankful that Sira and you are safe." Pausing she finally let her front legs drop from his neck, her body completely limp against his chest. Turning her head to the side she used the back of her paw to wipe away the remaining tear trails and snot. Unladylike and gross? Yes, yes it was. Did she care much? No.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you when you came in. I was angry, hurt, and worried and I wrongfully took it out on you."
She finished off softly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:32 pm
The embrace was the least he could do as she rode the roller coaster of tears that crushed her and even he felt his eyes swell up with tears that were prepared to fall. Mti allowed himself a couple quiet tears, but they fell without a peep as he gripped her back and tucked his nose down to inhale her scent – this was the closest the pair of them had been on this intimate of a level and he was a might over whelmed by her extended plea by gripping him so tightly. He hadn’t realized just how important he was to her, but he was learning quickly.

When she spoke up he nearly jumped out of his pelt, even as he had felt her move free from him to get some breathing room. “Oh?” He said stupidly. The gentle giant eased his face into a small smile as he listened to her finish up speaking. His ears twitching at every word and he hung on each of them as though they might be her last. “It’s not ridiculous.” He finally managed to stammer out for her. “You were being told about something awful and extended your concern for your family to me, I’m touched.” He replied with as cheery of a tone as he could muster given the circumstances. “Especially considering how much that lioness right there..” He took a moment to address Siras direction. “..means to you. Which must be quite a bit because I’ve never seen you like this before.” He admitted, they’d only known each other a short while and already they’d grown so close. The bond was incredible and he imagined that the one between Sira and the lioness attached to him was much stronger.

“Don’t apologize Poseida.” He said, bringing a paw up to her cheek and peering directly into her eyes for this conversation. “You have never apologized to me before and I don’t expect you to start now. There is a mutual understanding of these circumstances – I’d have reacted the same way and I’d like to imagine you’d have comforted me the same way I am doing for you now.” His smile only grew as he thought about her more and more. “I’m serious, both you and Sira will stay here – no way will either of you be leaving the safety of this den to find shelter elsewhere. I want both of you safe, if that means dealing with the female problems I usually run away from then so be it.” He smirked slightly, trying to find something to lighten the mood a touch, he couldn’t stand to see her eyes so wet.

“Promise me.” He started boldly, as he lifted his other paw to rest on her other cheek. The pair of paws were massive against her small frame and so he tried to behave as delicately as possible. “Promise you won’t leave, you’ll stay here where I can keep you and the lioness most precious to you safe.” His eyes sparkled slightly, damp with the concern that she’d say no, perhaps even toss him aside and call him insane. She hadn’t done that yet, but he suspected she may come to her senses soon enough – likely the confidence issue speaking mentally.

In the last moments while he faced a silence before her answer he leaned in a little and felt the little hairs on his neck raise when he felt the hot breath of her mouth against his nose.

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:39 am
A sigh of relief followed close after his reassurance. Despite how close they had gotten over these past few months, and how much of a intimate situation they found themselves in at the moment, she still held on to the fear that they were going too fast for him. She wasn't blind on his fear of women and interacting with them, most of the time she felt honored that he saw something different in her that made him push himself to speak with her. But still she dreaded the day the other shoe would drop and this would come to a screeching halt.

Damn the inevitable heartbreak aside, there was no way she was going to be pushing away these precious moments away - not anymore at least.

Her blood-shot eyes slow scanned over to the teal lump still snoozing away in the corner once he addressed her. The first hint of a smile since this whole thing started tugged at the corner of her lips. They were right, though there was a time for mourning the lost this was also a time to cherish what she had left. "She's my best friend. We've been together since cubhood." Poseida finally answered.

Taking in a deep breath she allowed him without protest to pull her attention away from the other lioness back to him. Those pale eyes that even now were overflowing with warmth, tenderness, concern, and something else she couldn't quite place. How this man didn't have women lining up at his den she still didn't know, but she selfishly was glad that they weren't. "Of course I would have, Mti!" She countered imminently. "There shouldn't be any doubt in the world that I would do the same."

She couldn't help but let out a weak chuckle at his words. "You say that now but I give you a week before your tearing your mane out from having two females 'ruining' your bachelor pad." She teased back. In all honesty she was glad to have the mood lightened. She still hadn't yet cried all her tears yet, there was no doubt that there would be more sorrowful nights like this in the future for both her and Sira but for now it was nice to grasp onto some since of normalcy back into her life.

Her head leaned into his large paws, her smile growing at the enveloping feeling that being in such a position with him. He could have easily hurt her with his size, she knew it must have been a struggle for him to keep his strength at bay.

One of these days however she would have to show him that she wasn't made of porcelain. But, alas that was a lesson for a much better moment.

Her cheeks lit up in a bright flush at his demand. Her stomach fluttered with butterflies that made her feel both excited but also ill with a strange mix of nerves, glee, and excitement. Apparently she had been taking too long to answer because as soon as she steeled herself to respond to him he was on her, his muzzle mere inches away from hers. Her eyes widened for a brief moment in shock before they closed, along with them she closed the small space left between them.

Mmm, now this was a feeling she could certainly get use to.

Breaking away enough to allow them both to get some air Poseida didn't stray far from him though, she kept her nose pressed against his lightly. Her eyes still closed as she stammered out her response, "I..I promise, Mti. I'll -" No, that wasn't quite right anymore, was it? The two friends were a packaged deal now no matter if he liked it or not. "We'll stay for as long as you will have us."

Unfortunately for them both the tender moment was torn to shreds by mother nature. A large yawn escaped Poseida, forcing them to part away from each other finally. Letting out a soft groan she lowered her head to rest against his shoulder once more. "Mti, I'm tired. Can you promise me something though? Please don't go tonight, I don't want you out there alone when those monsters could still be roaming around."

[IC] Dov'Strunmah Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games