Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[PRP] Sunset Daze (Kawani Waya x Jitokeza)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kawani had been enjoying a bit of the quiet that seemed to return to the Wolf clan. She had enjoyed a leasiurely day today, knowing that she was going to go out on a hunting party tomorrow. Work never quite ended, but she appreciated her days off for being lazy, when she wasn't hanging out with family, anyway.

The sun's rays were growing stronger as it raced towards the horizon, the heat a mixture of a blessing and an annoyance. She felt a bit too warm, but it helped to ease the ache in some of her muscles. While she would never call herself old, she certainly wasn't as young as some of the lions running around now a days.

Perhaps she should check in on her mother...or even her brother? She knew her father was fine; she snorted just thinking about him. He wasn't bad, just...complicated.

"I haven't actually checked directly in on my family since yesterday morning, perhaps I should..."

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:17 pm
User Image

(( Surprise! I want to play uncle Jitokeza! ))

The Wolf Clan migration had come back around to the mountainside the Jini-misemi had once occupied, and Jitokeza found himself quite distracted from his regular duties. The mountain looked perfectly normal but anybody who had known it so well could see its face was forever changed after the landslide that finally sent them off. More important in his mind was the increased likelihood of finding a stray pilgrim headed back for the mountain, but it never happened. After all, they were still quite far away.

Still, he couldn't get it off his mind so he was out for a walk on his own. Kianira certainly had the same worries, the same hope in the back of her mind .. and misery sure loved company but they would never move forward if they shared it all. He'd shake it and carry on as usual.

He didn't even notice who crossed his path as he walked. The tattoos were still throwing off his recognition of family, even though Kawani was plainly his brother's daughter.

Safaia

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:32 pm
And it was a pretty close call, at least to Kawani's field of vision. Though the sun was slowly setting for the day, it was light enough to easily notice the dark form that crossed her path.

"Uncle!"

It escaped her throat faster than she meant it to, and she tried to swallow her surprise down faster than it was possible. A strange gurgle escaped at the end of her outburst, and she was immediately embarrassed.

"Ah, I mean...hello. I-I didn't realize you were out here today..." Now she felt like a fool, trying to cover up her outburst and her words just continued to fail her. She was an adult, but at the moment she felt like a foolish cub tripping over her large paws.

"S-such a nice sunset today..." Oh clouds above, please let him guide the conversation into better waters...!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:20 am
Jitokeza jumped back in alarm at the cry, giving Kawani a confused stare as she tried to shake the surprise off. He heard every sound she made but he didn't process it quite fast enough, and he'd never comment anyway. His first assumption was always that others were more amiable and eloquent than he was, a single awkward display wouldn't convince him.

The shouted 'uncle' helped him figure out who exactly he was talking to much faster than he might have otherwise. He quickly replaced his confusion with a smile.

"Hello, Kawani," he said, backpedaling the conversation a bit as if he didn't hear the comment about the sunset, "I should watch where I'm going, I was a bit distracted, sorry."

He rambled as much as her, but he didn't stammer.

Safaia

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:17 pm
Now Kawani felt more like a fool, but she was not going to bring any of that up. Instead, she would try to push the conversation forward...though she felt herself instinctively looking towards the mountain range somewhat nearby.

"Distracted....is it the mountain?" she asked. She didn't have any idea what exactly happened there, and never pressed for facts. As a lioness who's never had many worries or obstacles in her life, she felt like she wouldn't totally understand what happened and how to heal from that.

"S-sorry, probably shouldn't have said that."

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:17 pm
Her correct guess caught him by surprise, though he knew it shouldn't have.. and despite himself, he managed a reassuring smile when she apologized for bringing it up. They were still far from being comfortable as a family, they had all spent so much time apart.. but she was trying.

"It's OK," he said, "I was thinking about the mountain, but those who weren't there during the landslide."

The clarification felt necessary for the tone of the conversation, though it helped the awkwardness exactly none. Luckily, Jitokeza hadn't planned on ending there or it would have been better to just walk away from him instead of letting either continue to embarrass themselves.

"Many pilgrims never come home, but the ones who do won't find anything now," he said, his tone neutral, "And some of us are still just right here."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:23 pm
That's true, the Ela'wadiyi were pretty close to those old lands...and Wolf especially. She knew that her uncle had kids, so her cousins were somewhere...but that uncertainty is probably what made things hard on him.

"Do you think...there's a way to leave a message there, just in case? I guess I should really be asking the wanidatsi about it, but if it does take a while for them to try to return home, it couldn't hurt."

Kawani knew she really didn't have any idea of how the pilgrimage actually worked, but it would be terrifying to return home and realize that there was nothing left of it.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:35 pm
"I'm sure others have the same thought," he said, willingly passing the responsibility of informing and guiding lost pilgrims to the other Jini-misemi, "When we came here, there were still many lions who were reluctant to leave.."

Jitokeza's voice was quiet and thoughtful, as if reminding himself as much as informing Kawani of the situation. Some had moved on easily, plenty of those who came to the Ela'wadiyi were families seeking a sense of stability like him and Kianira, or Khara and her consort.. there were plenty of other less attached and more unpredictable lions in the pride.

"It's a shame you won't get to meet most of your cousins," he added.

But if there was one thing Jitokeza was used to, it was children who never returned home. Tradition meant they were lost but he had hope they simply found something better for themselves. They still had Hupomeno and Gaven, Tseva had gone off with her mate, and Yamokiini had chosen to wander again after seeing those who stayed off to the Ela'wadiyi..  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:45 pm
Kawani filed away that bit of an idea away, intent on trying to get it passed on to the wanidatsi. She was a stubborn girl, and would keep pressing it on until there was something done. Even if it was as simple as an Ela necklace; something to give them an idea of a new place to start, if they didn't already have one.

"No, as I'm sure they're much more interesting than my siblings," Kawani laughed. "I know its not the same, Uncle, but don't forget that you have me and my siblings around to at least keep you mildly entertained." She could imagine that it wasn't the same at all, but she was happy to get to know him, and hoped that it would continue to grow. Who knows, maybe some day she may actually get married and have her aunt help her raise the little furballs.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:03 pm
"You are," Jitokeza agreed with a smile, happily allowing that distraction to take them away from the awkward, sad conversation about his own missing family members, "I'm very happy to see the family Sado has made for himself, and to be a part of it once again."

Sado's mate was questionable, though he had barely spoken to her himself.. but his children and grandchildren were wonderful. He was rather envious his brother's home was designed to keep them together, whereas Jitokeza's home had been designed to separate them. Four of thirteen was so few to have come home.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:12 pm
"Me too," Kawani said simply. "I'd be happy to walk with you wherever you were going, if you don't mind. I can tell you more silly stories about my father. Good ammunition the next time you see him," she winked.

With the sun setting, they would probably have to head back to the bulk of the clan, regardless. "Besides, its a great way to spend some time together, right?"

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:22 pm
"Sure," he said, perking up at the nice idea of having some company for his walk, "We can trade stories, I know plenty from when he was a cub."

A distraction at his brother's expense.. it sounded like a decent plan. And it wouldn't matter if Sado objected, he would be far outnumbered. He had himself a good family, Jitokeza imagined each one of them would love to hear the stories and poke fun at their old man..

"Come on, I'll even start," he offered, turning himself around to join Kawani in heading back to the clan's camp instead of wandering off aimlessly. He had just the story, but he'd have to get it in before they got back to the clan and Sado could cut him off or remind everybody that Jitokeza himself had been involved, too.

Fin!  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out