Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
Durant Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:57 pm
Durant Family

(Updated 10/01/22)

Kevin Durant (npc)
♥ Dove Durant née Robinson (npc)
tab ↪ Chelsea Alexis Durant ~ Age 27 ~ Gryffindor Alumi ~ Witch Watcher (pending)
tab tab ↪ Ethan Durant ~ Age 9

Accepted by: 𝓖𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝒆 05/03/2017
Recent updates accepted by: 𝓖𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝒆 [11/01/2022]
Accepted characters: [Chelsea 05/03/2017] [Ethan 7/10/2022]

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:58 pm
xxxxCHELSEAxxxALEXISxxxDURANT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Moved to Quimby-Winthrop Family 09/19/23 - Updates to this character will be done there.

User Image
          xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Chels, Alex

AGE 27

BIRTHDAY October 22, 2029.

BLOOD STATUS Muggleborn

MORE THAN AVERAGE Legilimen (Accepted)

WAND 10¾ inches, Cypress Wood, Phoenix Tail Feather Core, Reasonably Supple Flexibility, with a Knobby Texture

GENDER Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Straight

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English

FACECLAIM Emily Alyn Lind [7 - 11] Taylor Spreitler (younger) [x] Julia Stiles (older) [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts

HOUSE Gryffindor

CLASS OF 2048

HONORS Quidditch Vice Captain (5th & 6th yr) Captain (7th yr)

CLUBS Quidditch Team Reserve Seeker (1st to 3rd yr) Seeker (4th to 7th yr)

BEST LESSONS
                  DADA
                  Transfiguration
                  Muggle Studies

WORST LESSONS
                  Potions
                  Healing
                  Herbology

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ A
                  Charms ~ E
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                  Herbology ~ A
                  History of Magic ~ A
                  Potions ~ E
                  Transfiguration ~ E
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ A
                  Cursebreaking ~ E
                  Ghost Studies ~ A
                  Healing ~ A
                  Muggle Studies ~ O
                  Wandless Magic ~ E

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ E
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                  Herbology ~ A
                  Potions ~ A
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ A
                  Cursebreaking ~ O
                  Muggle Studies ~ O
                  Wandless Magic ~ A

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Witch Watcher (pending)

DREAM JOB Detective or Police Officer

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ DAUNTLESS I am fearless! Okay, I like to pretend I’m fearless. The truth is I can be brave and daring but even I have my fears. I just don’t let my fears get in the way of what I want or have to do. I’ll do the hard things. Things others would consider a crazy risk. I’ve got determination not only for the things I want but for others. I’ll fight for what’s right if I have too. What can I say? I’ve got guts.
              ■ VENTURESOME Like I said I’m willing to take risks, sometimes even crazy ones. I’m not afraid to take big risks to get things done, especially if it might help someone. I can sometimes make rash decisions. Granted I’m not about to go do something as stupid as get myself killed or anything. A little adventure never killed anyone. I try to think things through before I do it but sometimes it’s better to just go for it and deal with the coincidences later.
              ■ STUBBORN I’m by far the most stubborn person I know. My parents say I can be difficult. I just call it headstrong. I stick to what I want to happen and I’ll spend every waking moment trying to make it happen. I believe what I believe and I never waver from that. There have been times I’ve found myself unsure, but that’s what friends are for. To help you find your footing and to figure out the tough things.
              ■ PROTECTIVE If you haven’t noticed I not just talk about myself. I have family and friends I care about (some more distant then others). Regardless I’ve got a protective side. I’d put myself on the line if it means protecting a friend or family member. I’m not the type to leave anyone behind. I’ll defend anyone in need if they truly deserve it.
              ■ PERCEPTIVE With that said, I’m pretty good at figuring out when someone is lying to me. I’m not a mind reader or anything but I’m good at figuring people out. I quick to notice things that are off, I practically seek it out. I can tell when someone is bothered by something or hurt. Sure if I don’t know a person well enough, it takes me a bit pick things up. The better I know you the easier it is for me to pick up things. Makes sense I think. I’m just very observant when it comes to figure out people, and not just people but things too. I’m pretty good at finding things and noticing when things are different. I’m your regular detective.
              ■ CANDID The last thing you need to know about me is I tell it like it is. I like to be straightforward and truthful about things. I prefer honesty over sugar coating the truth. Sure I’m not going to downright throw the bad news out there and leave you to mull it over. I’m delicate about bad things. Now if you’re being stupid I’ll call you out on being just that. Call it being direct but I’m generally sincere with what I have to say.

Video Games
                  Being Outside
                  Playing Detective
                  The Color Yellow
                  Jeans!

DISLIKES
                  Magic
                  Bullies
                  Being Girly, Especially Dresses
                  People who think they're better then me
                  Romantic Movies
                  Liars

HOBBIES
                  Playing Detective
                  Watching Movie
                  Occasional Video Games

STRENGTHS
                  Reading People
                  Standing up for others

WEAKNESSES
                  I'm stubborn as a bull
                  I'm maybe a tad too honest

FEARS
                  Letting others down
                  My parents seeing me differently

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD I was born near the end of October on what my parents say was a crisp autumn day. I don’t know how true that is but my parents Kevin and Dove Durant were very happy that day. I am their first and only child at this point. My dad’s a police officer. One of the best I know. I hope to one day be just like him fighting crime and stopping bad guys. He says if I keep up playing detective I’ll be even better then him. Not sure I totally believe it but is sounds pretty good to me. My mum’s a teacher, which is probably the only reason I have good grades. Even though she pushes me to do my best in school, she’s great. She’d do anything for me and so long as I do my homework I get pretty much anything I want within reason.

When I’m not doing my school work I found myself hanging with Griffin. Griffin is a kid that moved in down the street with his mum. He was new and didn’t know anybody so I took it upon myself to be his friend. We’ve been friends ever since he moved nearby. Recently Griffin has moved away though. I went to his house and found out from his mum that he moved back with his dad. I don’t understand why. She didn’t say much about it either. So I was kind of left on my own. That was until I met Philip. He’s my best friend! We hang out all the time. Philip ended up going away to school. I told him about the weird things going on and he told me about magic. We were right about me. I found out that I’m going to the same school as Phil. That’s right I’m a witch. It’s kind of awesome. Although… I don’t know how my parents feel about it. The school governor person was quite nice and explained everything.

SCHOOL YEARS

It is rather curious, isn't it?
              I must say, you seem to be taking this all in stride
              That in mind, I think you're well suited for
              Gryffindor!

First year I found myself sorted in Gryffindor a house for the brave and daring. Fitting for me until I realized a person I thought I’d never see again was in the same house. Griffin, a childhood friend of mine turns out to be magic. Worse of all he never told me. So, I spent most of the year avoiding him. On top of that my worse enemy, Sabrina (a girl who’s completely full of herself) ended up as my dorm mate. Classes were a challenge much to my dismay, but I got the satisfaction of hanging with Phil (he happens to be friends with Griffin) and tossing some much deserved food at Sabrina during a food fight in the great hall. Oh, and I got to tryout for the Quidditch team seeker.

Second year I still wasn't talking to Griffin. It wasn't until the end of the year that I made things up with him. We talked or rather I yelled and he listened, then I heard him out and well I miss judged some things. By the time summer hit I was trying to make things out with Philip for putting him in the middle. Oh and I tried out for Quidditch again. Third year things were good between Griffin and I. We joined Quidditch together and had an overall good year. I actually got to play a real game of Quidditch. I'm not as great as I though but that means I can only get better, right?

Fourth year I kept to myself mostly stuck with Quidditch. Though I did go to a wedding with Phillip. Just as friends. Aside from that I called Sabrina out on her feelings. She in turn called me out for my feelings about Griffin. Guess we both need work on admitting our feelings. Fifth year we dominated Quidditch. It was the best year on record. Course I was named Vice Captain. Between that and OWLs it was a busy year. Course I went on a date with Griffin and I even helped Sabrina get ready for hers. She needed to learn to let go and let loss. Oh and I went to another wedding with Phil.

Sixth year I found myself spending more and more time with Griffin. When summer rolled around I felt unhappy at home. So I decided to stay with Griffin at his place. It was a nice get away for most of the summer. Of course, my parents weren't happy about it but legally in the eyes of the wizarding world I'm an adult. Thankfully they respected my space and were happy I came home every once in a blue moon. Seventh year I was without Griffin but we still managed to see each other. Between Quidditch and studying I could manage my social life. Unfortunately one thing led to another and I was pregnant. Luckily it barely showed while in school. It was hard to hide but I got through my last year. Now how to tell Griffin.

POST GRADUATION After I told Griffin about being pregnant I made the permanent move to his place. With a few months before the baby was due, he took off. He left me the flat and his owl. When Ethan was born I was lucky to have help from Sabrina and Philip. Because of Griff, Phil and I got closer. I guess you could say we're dating. At least with Sabrina staying with me, I have a babysitter. Three years later I decided to pursue a career in law enforcement as a witch watcher. Overall life is going pretty well. Ethan has grown up a lot, Phil and I are doing great, and Sabrina is still staying on my couch. Before I know it, Ethan will be off to Hogwarts.

2056 : Phil asked me to marry him. I sure couldn't say no. He's been there for me since Griff left and he's been great with Ethan. Now I just need to get Sabrina to find someone to spend the rest of her life with and we'll all be happy.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY
              • Ethan Durant (son)
              • Kevin Durant (father) • Dove Durant née Robinson (mother)
              • Oliver Durant (brother)

ROMANTIC INTEREST
              • Philip Quimby-Winthrop (Engaged)
              • Griffin Fearon (ex)

BEST FRIEND • Philip & Griffin
              FRIENDS
              • Philip Quimby-Winthrop
              • Griffin Fearon
              • Sabrina Richardson
              • Issac Whitethorne?
              • Laire Thornburn?

ACQUAINTANCES • Class of 2041 - 2048
              ENEMIES • None
              PETS • White Faced Scops Owl named (In)Spector (deceased) [x] • Barred Owl named Veil (originally Griffin's) [x]

xxxU P D A T E Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATED 10/01/2022

UPDATES MADE
■ Age & Bio

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:17 pm
xxxxETHANxxxBRODYxxxDURANT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Moved to Quimby-Winthrop Family 09/19/23 - Updates to this character will be done there.

User Image
          xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES None... Kid by his mum

AGE Nine

BIRTHDAY August 15, 2048.

BLOOD STATUS Half Blood

WAND 12 Inch, Cedar Wood & Phoenix Feather Core, with a Supple Flexibility & a Smooth Texture

GENDER Male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Unknown

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English

FACECLAIM Dylan Kingwell - Pending Approval [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              TO ATTEND Hogwarts

HOUSE TBA

STARTING YEAR 2059

HONORS None

CLUBS None

BEST LESSONS
                  Muggle Studies
                  Mythology
                  - - -

WORST LESSONS
                  - - -
                  - - -
                  - - -

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ X
                  Charms ~ X
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ X
                  Herbology ~ X
                  History of Magic ~ X
                  Potions ~ X
                  Transfiguration ~ X
                  Elective ~ X

NEWT SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ X
                  Charms ~ X
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ X
                  Herbology ~ X
                  History of Magic ~ X
                  Potions ~ X
                  Transfiguration ~ X
                  Elective ~ X

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT A Kid

DREAM JOB Not sure...

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ OPTIMISTIC Ever believe that everything would all work out? That’s Ethan in a nutshell. He’s overly optimistic when it comes to everything. Even when bad things happen, he believes that it’ll all work out. That there will be a silver lining and that dreams can come true. It’s easy to say that he’d very much into fairy tales.
              ■ CREATIVE Ethan despite never knowing his father certainly gained his creative side. He had a thing for stories, being reading or telling them himself. He loves to create. Though, his flights of fancy lead to him believing in unrealistic things from time to time.
              ■ BRAVE Everyone has their fears even Ethan, but he wasn’t about to let his fears set him back. Ethan with push passed just about anything if it means doing something or helping someone. He doesn’t let it stop him from pursuing his goals. There’s just no stopping him from trying anything at least once.
              ■ STUBBORN When it comes to stopping Ethan it also comes down to just how stubborn he is. He’s not one to take no for an answer. If he wants to do something, it’s going to happen. Be it today or tomorrow, things will go how he wants if he has anything to say about it. It’s without saying that with his determination Ethan will be heard if he had something to say. What can we say he gets it from his mother.
              ■ PROTECTIVE And like his mother, Ethan has a large desire to protect those he cares about. Though, young he would stand up for a friend or family member till the end. No one is going to hurt those he cares about. If you mess with his friends, you mess with him.
              ■ COMPASSIONATE Ethan is a very caring person. He’s a sweet kid that just wants to be there for others. He will be there no matter what and for any reason. Whether you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on, Ethan is someone you can depend on.

Magical Creatures
                  Winter
                  Scarves
                  Going Outside
                  My mum Sabrina
                  Happy Endings

DISLIKES
                  Bullies
                  Liars
                  Being left out
                  Being Ignored
                  Being Treated like a Child
                  Sour Candy
                  Apples

HOBBIES
                  Reading
                  Hanging with Sabrina
                  Watching Movies

STRENGTHS
                  Dependable
                  Optimism

WEAKNESSES
                  Stubbornness
                  Unrealistic

FEARS
                  Letting others down
                  Losing everyone
                  Going Crazy

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD When Ethan was born, Chelsea was left to handle things on her own. Her only support system was her friend Sabrina who decided to crash on her couch, and Phil who at the time was a rather close friend. Ethan never knew his father. He grow up believing that Chelsea and Sabrina were both his mother. Even still he would say that Sabrina was like a second mum to him. Despite not knowing his father he did have a father figure in Phil as shortly after he was born his mum started dating. Ethan truly never understood dating but knew that people being with other people made them happy. He wondered by Mum Sabrina wasn't with anyone. Though she always said it was because she had him. He was smarter then to fall for that though. Regardless of the messed up family dynamics, Ethan was a very happy kid growing up. He enjoyed his time reading books and going outside. There was always someone to hang out with, though he learned how to entertain himself. As the only kid in the house it was kind of a thing you had to learn.

SCHOOL YEARS - - -

POST GRADUATION - - -

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY
              • Chelsea Durant (Mum) • Sabrina Richardson (Other Mum - family friend & Unknown sort of Aunt)
              • Griffin Fearon (Father)
              • Kevin Durant & Dove Durant née Robinson (Maternal Grandparents)
              • Thomas Fearon & Ruby Kendall (Paternal Grandparents)
              • Oliver Durant (Uncle) • Rebecca Richardson (Unknown Aunt)

ROMANTIC INTEREST • None
              BEST FRIEND • TBD
              FRIENDS • Philip Quimby-Winthrop
              ACQUAINTANCES • None
              ENEMIES • None
              PETS • None

Family Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items