Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:34 pm
Ecavi
I was supposed to start this a few days ago. I hope this isn't too late

User Image

Shangyue had died and Gaki would be the first to admit he felt nothing for him. It wasn't that Gaki thought Shangyue was wrong or right but more that Gaki was a lion in a big world trying to survive. He had aligned with the fallen king because of the promises of a better life and Gaki only wanted that.

However, after the plan was enacted and the unrest arose, it was clear to the pale lion he may have made a mistake. Not only that but he had an interaction with a Shangyue nay sayer that had stuck with him. Why had that lion felt so strongly about even talking to him slowly helped Gaki realize maybe he shouldn't have even been there and maybe he didn't fully understand what was actually going on.

His time in the pride for the most part was actually pretty okay and Gaki came to really enjoy the Mwezi and fully believed in their god.

Gaki still did not side with either side but knew that Shangyue no longer meant his survival in the pride. Every paw step he took made a small tap sound that seemed to be even louder the closer he got to Kimondo. When he was close enough the pale lion stopped keeping his head down. He bowed before her and tapped his head to the ground in a show of humility.

"I come before you to request to stay and apologize for the unrest that happened with in this pride," His tone was polite but also a tad too relaxed.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:07 pm
User Image

It was late into the night set aside for properly introducing the new Queen and a lot had happened already. Kimondo was nervous enough to remain energetic but she was also concerned about some of her friends and family and how everything was sorting out. Unfortunately, there was no time to take in the whole situation yet.

One of the last lions to approach was an unfamiliar lion with a pretty blue mane. She knew him only as a Royal Guard and was rather relieved to see him approach. More than a few hadn't bothered, so she assumed they were leaving.. and a glance was enough to tell he wasn't there to cause a scene.

"Thank you, Gaki," she said politely, his name coming to her at the last second, "If you are sincere, then you may stay."

Alpaca Chobi

((Treating this as the same night as the rest ;3 Good luck getting this to keep going for five posts each xD))  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:36 pm
Ecavi
Ffff hahaha . Will try x DD

Gaki blinked but his head did not rise. She sounded sincere. He could stay and that was that? He couldn't help but move his eyes a bit so he could get a good look at the white lionesses paws at the very least.

"Really??" He hadn't meant to sound so surprised but was it that easy? "You'd forgive me like that and allow me to stay? Are you so sure you can trust the likes of me that would side with Shangyue despite the cries of the pride?"

What was this feeling he felt? She would trust him like that?

"Why?" He shut his eyes tight holding back unfamiliar emotions.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:02 pm
Of all the lions who had approached her, he was the first to ask the obvious question: Why? Why was she so willing to take this risk after everything that had happened? It was definitely not the question of a suspicious lion, though perhaps one with a guilty conscience.

"Yes, really," Kimondo answered, starting at the top,"You're not the only one who got caught up in Shangyue's, ah.. plan."

Whatever the prevailing opinion of the late usurper, the fact remained that in between the murders that got him the throne and the paranoid cruelty that lost it, he truly had some good ideas and possibly good intentions.

"It may take time to fully overcome what happened," she continued, "But this is the first step. I won't deny you the opportunity to make amends."

Alpaca Chobi

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:22 pm
Ecavi

Gaki was amazed with the kindness he was hearing. He felt undeserving and moved all at the same time. These were complicated emotions and as a usually stoic male he was unsure how to react. He kept his head placed to the ground before the queen and kept his maw shut while he absorbed the warmth of her words and the shame eating at him all at the same time.

"There is no excuse for what happened." His voice was a little quieter and a little shakier. "But I want to swear to you my loyalty if that means anything at all."

What the hell was this he was saying? His heart. It hurt and yet this felt right.

"I can't undo what has been done but please if there is any service you need of me I will do it gladly." He managed to say the second bit in his normal steady voice gathering his emotions back in place. Really, Gaki wasn't one to show his emotions but the forgiveness he was getting was the first touch of kindness he had felt in a long time.

"I don't deserve such kindness. Please. Allow me to repay you."  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:11 am
Kimondo smiled at Gaki, finally feeling absolutely certain that she was making the right decision in trusting those who were willing to ask for another chance. Shangyue had wanted something from them, he might have made an appealing offer but she doubted he had offered much kindness or dedication. This was her risk and she was happy to take it for them all, if it was all she did as Queen then that would be fine.

"Thank you, Gaki," she said, "I will keep that in mind. For now, I hope you'll focus on making yourself truly comfortable in the Low Class."

Someone recruited by Shangyue who spent their time here only as a Royal Guard.. however truly good they might have been, they would surely have been isolated from their peers. She imagined it was lonely, working under Firaga and never truly having a place with the others in the Low Class.

"If you need help, talk to Unyezi," she suggested.

Alpaca Chobi
((Sorry! I thought I had replied already @@))

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:31 pm
Ecavi
Totes fine smile just a few more posts til we're done

"Thank you for your kindness. Gladly I will stay." It was still amazing to him that she was so willing to let him stay. He was grateful but a bit concerned that she'd allow the likes of him to stay. He'd do his best to uphold that trust in him self and keep an eye out in case Kimondo miss placed her trust.

"Where can I find Unyezi?" He asked. .  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:43 pm
Kimondo was genuinely surprised to hear Gaki ask where he could find Unyezi, realizing not just how lonely the Royal Guards must have been but how ill-informed. It made sense, she supposed, knowing that Shangyue had put them so far above everybody else, including their proper class-mates. She offered a kind smile and tried desperately not to let any of the pity she felt creep into her expression.

"Unyezi and Nerit are the Slave Father and Mother, appointed by Shangyue but I have no intention of changing that," she said, "They are very easy to find in the Slave Dens. I'm certain Unyezi will gladly help you get acquainted with the Low Class. It should have been done for you when you first joined."

Alpaca Chobi

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:06 pm
Ecavi
One more post and I think we're good : ) Thank you so much.
Happy to have Gaki a permanent part of the pride.

Gaki's ears went back a bit. He'd never really taken the time to learn a lot of the lions names. Like some people were with directions, he responded best to visual descriptions then proper names.

".. Ah yes," His snow white cheeks were flushed pink in a way you'd not expect a harden male like him to flush.

"I'll go do that now then. Thank you your highness." He kept his head low but slowly got up making sure not to make contact with Kimondo's gaze. He was some how able to leave her presence with out bumping in to anything.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:07 pm
Unfortunately for Gaki, Kimondo simply couldn't comprehend the idea that someone might genuinely not know who Unyezi was. Her grandfather was a major figure in the pride, in her life, it just made sense. She felt certain that when Gaki looked, he would know the Slave Father when he saw him. And she, unfortunately, didn't pick up any of the doubtfulness in his response.

"Thank you, Gaki," she said, watching as he went, hoping she would someday get used to those who felt they ought not to look her in the eye.

Fin!  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out