User Image User Image

He supposed he should have guessed it would happen eventually. His mother couldn't spend the entire rest of her life alone, she was far too sociable for that to happen. She loved being around others and they generally liked to be around her. He hadn't met a lion yet that didn't love his mom. Yet today, he was to formally meet a lion that didn't just love his mom, so much as he loved Hodari.

Yoru tilted his head back to the sky, glancing at the moon above and sending a quiet prayer that this lion whom he was supposed to meet tonight would not end up like his own father, Azhar. Maybe it was just because Hodari hadn't been ready to be in a relationship just then, but once the cubs arrived, she introduced her cubs to Azhar once and then practically bristled every time he showed up unannounced after. Suffice to say, Hodari and Azhar hadn't had a loving relationship. It was part of the reason that Yoru was hesitant to see any other males that his mother found. He would have to size this new one up before giving his approval and that could take a while...

Sliding his eyes over to his left, he turned his mind to the present and looked at his mother who stood beside him. She had agreed to wait with him rather than join him with Mti at her side, but Yoru could see the eagerness and anticipation for the lion's arrival on her face. She wasn't trying to hide it, either. She glanced at Yoru, when she caught him looking at her and grinned at him.

"I'm so looking forward to you two meeting. I'm sure you'll like him as much as I do, Yoru. Well, maybe not as much as I do, but... Well, you know what I meant." Great Lion, she sounded so young! And in retrospect, Yoru supposed his mother was relatively young. After all, the rebellion had ended just a few months after she was an adult and she had cubs at the tail end of it... He didn't want to think too much about that. He had enough to think about on his own, like the weird dreams becoming more frequent, for example. Yeesh.

"I'm interested to see what he's like." Was all Yoru said, but it was enough to get his mother to stop looking at him and to put her gaze forward again. They were to go out hunting once Mti got here and Yoru had to claw the ground to keep any impatience from showing on his face. When would his mother's companion get here?

Tanakako