Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:22 am
User ImageUser Image
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:29 am
Runa milled around her den with a sense of both unending pride, and motherly loss. Now that they had returned to the pride there was no need for an overly large den. Her cubs, grown and gone, were off living their own lives, and while one might occasionally still stay with them for the most part they stayed the night elsewhere. Her sister would come by every once in a while as well, but Rona was an individualistic lioness. Runa might have been the same had she not met her mate.

Now that it was just her and Meshach she kept their home tidy when she wasn't hunting, which is what she was trying to accomplish today.

Yue'shi was practically bouncing on the tips of her toes. Her tail bobbed back and forth as she moved from one spot to the next, happily making her way back home. She was hoping to catch both of her parents at the same time, but the likelihood of that these days was so small.

Looking over her shoulder, she smiled to Boinedal and moved to walk a little closer to him. "What do you think they'll say? I think they'll be over the moon, but I don't know - I don't know how I'm not going to scream it at them when we get there, you know?" She laughed.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:44 am
Boinedal couldn't help but smile as he watched his mate walk a little ahead of him. In fact he hadn't stopped smiling since the moment Yue had told him he was going to be a father! It seemed impossible to be true but Boinedal was excited. He studied his mates body to see if he could note any differences in her. Was he stomach swelling yet, was her gate different. He had already decided that he wanted her to take it easy, no more hunting he would hunt for both of them.

"I am sure they will be excited." he told her. When she got close enough to him he leaned over and gave her a quick kiss. Even if her parents weren't excited he was excited enough for just about everyone.

"Will you tell them even if just one of them is there or will you like to wait." he knew the answer to the question of course but he was excited to see what his mate would stay.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:03 pm
She brushed her body along side his, curling her tail against his hind leg. How could they not be excited? She hadn't come down from the high since the healer had first told her that her 'sickness' was pregnancy. When would she start to feel them? How many would they have? Would she be a good mother? Boinedal was going to make a great father-

Though, maybe she should stop day dreaming about it and focus a little more on walking. She tripped over her own paws, stumbling a little as she moved, but when she stabilized herself she exclaimed, "Got it!" Yue'shi grinned from ear to ear, more proud than she should have been over the near fall. "Of course I'll tell whoever happens to be there. And if one of them is missing we'll just track them down."

Even if she hadn't been able to see the approaching figures there would have been no way Runa couldn't have heard them. Granted, she didn't catch their entire conversation, but bits make her quirk a brow. Track who down? Maybe Yue'shi was looking for her sister; the twins had always been close, so maybe the separation was getting to her?

Runa stepped away from the interior of the den to make her way towards the entrance. "Welcome home, you two." Even as she came them a soft smile Runa couldn't help noting just how bright their own faces were. What was going on here? "

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:25 pm
Boinedal froze when he spoted Yue's mother. He had of course met the purple lion quite a number of times but hadn't really spent anytime with her one on one. He took a step back and let Yue greet her mother, this really was up to his mate to tell their big news to her mom.

"It is nice to see you Runa." Boinedal said a warm smile. He gave his mate a little nudge and a smile. He was for Yuna to sill the beans so to speak. He sat down ready to see how his mother-in-law would handle the news. He hoped she was ready to be a grandma. Things in the pride had settled a great deal and things were safe. He couldn't help but keep a smile on his face, he had been grinning like a fool since he had heard the news.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:42 pm
Runa stepped up to meet her daughter half way, and embraced her. It was brief; as all of her contact was, but not because of a lack of love. When she stepped back she looked at the pair of them critically, canting her head to the side when Yue seemed to vibrate with energy. Between her and that mate of hers Runa knew something fishy was going on.

"So...what brings you by? You know you're always welcome here, but this-" She motioned between the pair, "-is suspicious." Maybe that wasn't the right word, but Runa was a very blunt lioness.

Yue'shi took a step back to be a little closer to her mate. She looked to him, noticed the almost goofy way he was smiling, and leaned down to knock her head against his before looking back to her mother. How would she take it? Was she ready to be a grandmother yet?....Yue certainly hoped so!

"We're pregnant!" There was no precursor to it; no, we've got some news, sit down just a blurted, excited statement. "Isn't that amazing?! I never expected it to happen so soon, but...here we are." She laughed and looked to Boinedal, then her mother, then her mate and back again to Runa.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:53 pm
The male wasn't able to hold back his laugh, his wonderful mate had never been the best a being subtle or delivering any sort of news in a desecrate way. Boinedal found it endearing but he knew others might be put off by it. Having met Runa a few times though he knew that the older female could also quite frequently be the same way.

"Its true." Boinedal said his voice filled with excitement, "We are going to be parents. And you a grandma." The words felt foreign in the male's mouth. He had only found out earlier in the day that he was going to be a dad. The shock still hadn't worn off, he sort of wondered if it would wear off before the cubs arrived. For the first time he paused to wonder how many cubs were in there.
He wasn't sure he could handle many but at the same time he sort of wanted a huge litter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:01 pm
"I'm hoping for girls. I want a lot of daughters. Imagine how cute they would be with my eyes and Boinedal's colors. Little sweethearts with our strength, mom, and - Oh, well ,it's not like I wouldn't like a boy, too," She looked at her mate then, "You know that, right? No matter what we have I'll be happy."

Really she just wanted a happy, healthy family. She'd be just as happy with one cub as she would with ten! Maybe a little more so, since she wouldn't have to carry and deliver that many. Honestly, that whole part seemed a little nerve wracking.

Noticing that her mother had yet to say anything, Yue'shi turned to Runa, "Mother?"

Runa was speechless.

She was happy for them, so happy, but she was also a little remorseful in the way of a parent watching their baby have babies of their own. A part of her didn't want to let go of the little cub Yue'shi had once been, but the bigger part of Runa knew that this was possibly the best thing that could happen to Yue. She had a mate who loved her, a stable home, and a family to help her. Runa and Meshach had raised her to be strong enough to obtain all of that for herself, and she couldn't have been more proud.

Grinning, she stepped forward, her chocolate eyes lighting up. "This is wonderful! You're father will be over joyed." Looking to Boinedal, she asked, "Have you told your family yet?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:11 pm
A warmth spread though the male while he watched his mate tell her mother the news and talk about all the things that she was excited for.
"I know love we will both be over joyed with whatever we have. Plus its not like this will be the only litter we have." he told her with a wink. Boinedal wanted a large family one day, he just wasn't so sure he wanted them with the first litter.

"No we wanted to tell you and Meshach first." Yue's family had been through a lot having lived in exile and in a lot of ways Boinedal was pretty sure they were a closer knit family than he was to his parents. It felt right to tell Yue's family first.

"We will tell them soon." He said with a grin. Really the purple male was ready to climb up on the tallest bolder in the pride and shout it out to everyone and anyone who would listen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:53 pm
nessiaing

[9/10]

When he winked Yue'shi playfully cuffed his shoulder with a snort. "Well yeah, of course, I mean it's not like we don't-" Realizing where she was going with the conversation and who was with them the lioness quickly shut her mouth.

"Where is dad, anyway?" She had hoped that maybe he would come out of the den once he heard them talking, but after a while she had suspected that he wasn't even there. "He has to know today." With everything that had happened surely this would be something good for him to look forward to? It certainly was for her.

"Honestly? I'm not sure." She laughed a little at the crestfallen look on Yue'shi's face. "But we'll find him, don't worry. The pride isn't that big and it isn't as if everyone doesn't know his face. I'm sure we can find him." If need be they could just ask where he had gotten off to. If the pair had been kind enough to tell them first then she wanted to make sure her mate knew as soon as possible.

"Come on. We'll start out near the watering hole and then branch out from there. I'm sure you both could use a drink anyway."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:18 pm
"Sounds good to me." Boinedal said brightly the sooner they found his mates father the sooner he could tell everyone else in the pride. As they began to walk he fell in line beside his mate sticking closer than he ever had, which was saying something he had always been protective of his mate even when they were just cubs. He kept casting sideways glances at her trying to study her body and find any subtle changes, he was sure it was too early to see anything but he couldn't help but keep looking.

"I love you" he whispered quietly in her ear then turned forward again his eyes searching Meshach.

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games