Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:31 pm
User Image

Well! The world had turned, times had changed, and things seemed like they would only continue to improve. Eshkohl had been there when Queen Kimondo had so honored Meshach and Orion, as well as the fallen Umepatwa and Uchanjaa. Of the four, she had known that last lion best, as he too had served as a Guard. His death had been a sad waste of a good lion, and her mate had been saddened by it.

Still, she couldn't help but be pleased for those Knights who were still alive. Not that the green lioness was going to try to be a hero in her own right and gain the rank herself. Eshkohl was a Guard, mate to the Head Guard, and that was more than enough for any lioness.

Still, there were other aspects of life she'd like to focus on, now that it seemed Shangyue's dark days were finally behind them. The only question was, how to broach the subject to Nyota?

Bah. The lioness slapped at her reflection in the watering hole. She'd come here to try and set her thoughts straight in preparation, and instead she was standing here woolgathering.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Not too far away, Horae had been looking into that same watering hole herself. Irritation still swirled within her chest every time she saw anyone even remotely connected to Shangyue. She hated his every hair that had grown out of his body, and it was a miracle she hadn't gotten herself killed or exiled with him around. Keeping her head down enough to keep herself and her family alive had been torture.

For the most part, it was a blessing that it was in the past. She usually stared at herself in the watering hole to keep her thoughts in line, to not let the past cloud the future that she was hoping to have.

And then the ripples made her face wiggle, and Horae glanced up with a start. "H-hey!" She hadn't noticed that someone else was nearby, absorbed in her thoughts as she had been.

Ah. Another guard. Horae wasn't the most social lioness, so she wasn't sure of her name, but recognized her as someone more trustworthy than others.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:53 pm
The green lioness started at the unexpected voice. She'd thought she was alone - no, she hadn't even thought. She'd just been reacting. Feeling. Mind on everything but what was before her. With an effort, Eshkohl brought her mind back to the present, focusing on the brown lioness nearby.

Another Guard...ah. Horae, she remembered now. The green lioness might not talk to absolutely everyone, but she did make a point of remembering names when she could. It reflected well on her, as Nyota's mate.

"What...brings you here, Horae?" she greeted the other lioness, uncertain if maybe she wanted to be left alone instead.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:09 pm
"Calming myself," Horae replied, watching the water's surface smooth itself out again. It was funny, how the water reacted to whatever touched it, and yet it would even itself out again. She needed to do that for herself.

"I still struggle with the rage that was kept in check while the last 'ruler' was alive," she grumbled. "Sometimes staring at myself helps, how anger isn't a pretty thing."

Horae was a very to-the-point type of lioness, and forcing herself to deal with her own bluntness did help her...a bit.

"I'm sorry if I surprised you....I'm sorry, I'm terrible with names even though you know mine," she said quietly, shifting her paws in embarrassment.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:14 pm
Horae was...blunter than Eshkohl remembered. But she couldn't blame the brown lioness for the emotions she struggled with. It had been a hard time for all of the upstanding citizens of the pride, regardless of what side they took, and what actions they chose.

"My name's Eshkohl," the green lioness offered, not sure how she should react to the rest of Horae's words. But she had to try.

"I guess...you're so used to being angry that now it's a habit?" she theorized tentatively.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:28 pm
That's right. Horae was starting to piece the bits in her mind that connected. This was Baba'nyota's mate. "I am so sorry I forgot your name. Thank you, Eshkohl."

And now back to talking about her, which was not Horae's favourite subject. Keeping her family safe was what she was best at, and preferred to talk about. Not her weaknesses. But this was how she was to get over them and grow past them, right?

Horae sighed. "Y....yes. It was all I could do to keep myself in check, for my family, and just hope that the Great Lion could help us."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:31 pm
Eshkohl nodded sympathetically. She didn't blame Horae for failing to remember her name - there was a reason why Nyota was appointing a number of Patrol Leaders! But she could understand that a mindset which had served under Shangyue was no longer applicable.

"I wish I could offer you advice," the green lioness sighed. "But I don't know what to say." Then she laughed self-deprecatingly. "I came here to try and figure out what to say to my mate on the subject of children, and I don't know what to say there either!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:36 pm
Horae laughed herself, feeling a moment's connection with Eshkohl. It was too easy to feel like you were the only one struggling, when everyone was deeply affected by Shangyue's reign.

"I offer my sympathies; that never seems like an easy thing." Horae made a sympathetic face, and nodded towards the water. "But clearly we both agree that looking into the water's surface does offer some sort of solace." Horae paused for a moment, seeing the surface so still and perfect, just waiting to be interrupted again. "I'm sure we will both find our answers soon."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:39 pm
The green lioness sighed. "I suppose I should just go home and tell him I want children and we should start actively trying for them." She looked down at the water again, then glanced over at Horae, a sly look lighting her orange eyes.

"On the other paw, I suppose I could just...work on making cubs and let him figure it out on his own," Eshkohl said with a wicked look. Yes, that seemed more...appropriate in some ways. Nyota tended to be in control in most situations. It might be a good start that he not have any idea what she intended.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:50 pm
Horae was a bit surprised....and then laughed again. "Well, that would certainly do the trick!"

Clearly she had found her answer in the water, and Horae needed to continue looking for her's. It would come soon enough, as long as she reminded herself that she needed to be patient.

"Well, I'm sure that once that happens, I'll have worked through my own problems. And our grand Head Guard will have his paws full with work and family life," the brown lioness chuckled.

"As silly as it is, thanks for speaking with me, Eshkohl."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:53 pm
"Any time," the green lioness replied with a lighter heart and more genuine smile than she'd offered earlier. Maybe the answers weren't in the water after all, and it was only in speaking to Horae that she'd been able to find them.

"I hope that you find what you're looking for too," Eshkohl wished the brown lioness as she left for her den and her mate.  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games