Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Stanford Family Flat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:47 pm
Stanford Family Flat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Stanford Family Flat is located in London, England near the outer edge of the city. It is home to Brenden Stanford and his daughter Gabriella. Entering the flat from an entrance hall down stairs you hit the only real hallway in the place at the top of the stairs. To the right is Brenden's bedroom and to the left straight ahead is the bathroom. The first doorway down the hall on you left is the kitchen and dinning room. Down the hall to your right is Gabriella's bedroom and the living room. The living room also has a little office area and the room also gives you excess to the balcony.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. tab User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Living Room - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Kitchen - - - -

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. tab User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Brenden's Bedroom - - - - - -- - - - - Gabriella's Bedroom

Bathroom

Balcony

Ways To Get In Touch

✓ Muggle Phone Lines
                                ✓ Owl Messaging
                                ✗ Floo Network
                                ✓ Apparition

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:50 pm
Family Locations:

Brenden Stanford : Home / Work
Gabriella Stanford : Home / School

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:59 pm
Family Facts:

Relations: The Stanford Family
The Adelwood / Wakefield Family through Gertrude Adelwood adopted daughter of Tiffany Adelwood

History:

- The Stanford's are a muggle family however both daughters of Brenden are witches.
- Brenden works as a barista.
- Gabriella was sorted into Gryffindor and enjoys playing Quidditch
- Gertrude found out about her father in her second year. She was sorted into Hufflepuff upon starting at Hogwarts.

Pet(s):

- Lizard named Zippo  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:14 pm
Brenden Stanford
Muggle Father
Barista

It was hard to say Brenden was calm and keeping it together. Since his daughter came home for the Christmas holiday he couldn’t stop thinking about how his other daughter was so close yet so far away. He couldn’t at all blame the young girl if she never wanted to see him. He wouldn’t even blame her if she hated him. Though, he honestly won’t know how she felt because he wasn’t able to intrude into her life. It wasn’t his place and he was sure whomever adopted her wouldn’t appreciate it much either.

When Gabby came home and mentioned that she offered for Gertie to meet him, he was pleasantly shocked. Course when the day was confirmed it only made Brenden more nervous, especially the morning when he was getting ready for the big day. “Would you stop worrying dad? She sounded pretty open to the idea when I suggested it.” Gabby told him from the doorway. “I’m not worried…” He replied back to her. “You are so.” She answered back with an eye roll. “Don’t roll your eyes at me young lady.” Brenden said lightheartedly. His comment about her being a young lady only caused her to dramatically roll her eyes more. “Now, this one or this one?” He asked holding up two shirts, one white and one navy blue. “The white one.” She answered with a small smile.

With: My daughter

Wearing: Polo Shirt and Jeans

OOC: Here's Brenden Worrying lol

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:58 pm
Gabriella Clarity Stanford
Muggleborn - Reserve Beater
Second Year Gryffindor

People call me Gabby...
                                                  I'm 12 years old...

Gabby knew her father was nervous but she knew things would go well or she at least hoped they would. She wasn’t exactly nervous then again it wasn’t like she was meeting anyone hugely important, just the adoptive mother of the sister she didn’t know she had. She wasn’t mad at her father for hiding that information. In fact there was no way she would have been able to deal with it sooner then she had too. Either way she had been doing rather well with the whole owl thing back and forth with Gertie. She even helped set up a day to meet.

It was no surprise that Gabby was up bright and early to help organize things for the big day. With her father’s clothing all situated she headed into the kitchen. She got the biscuits ready before her father came in and went to work on the tea and coffee. Brenden was trying to be accommodating from what his daughter could tell. “You don’t have to try so hard you know.” She told him with a smile. “I know.” He replied back to her as he ruffled her hair.

By the time they had gotten everything ready, there was a knock at the door. “I’ll get it.” She told her father before heading around the corner and opening the door. “Hello Gertie and you must be Gertie’s mum I’m Gabriella.” She greeted. The twelve year old at first glance looked a lot like her older sister, her eyes being the only quality that set her apart from her. “Come on in. Dad’s just around the corner.” She added stepping out of the way.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Status: Being Supportive
                                                  Wearing: Green Shirt & White Shorts

With: My dad, sister, and Tiffany

OOC: ---

Miss GryffindorK

Such a perceptive young girl!
I do read minds, in fact, and in yours I read...
Ah! Youthful rebellion, a strong backbone and a loud mouth
Well then, that makes it easy.
Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:05 am
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn
Third Year Hufflepuff

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 13 years old...

Gertie had wondered how her mum would feel about her wanting to meet her father. She didn’t have a dad and it sounded like he had a pretty good reason as to why. She didn’t like it much but maybe it was best, if he couldn’t take care of her that is. A few days into the summer Gertie took the job and told her mum she found him. That she wanted to meet him if that was okay. As it turned out it was so long as she came with. The Hufflepuff wasn’t going to complain about that. She’d rather her mom be there given the circumstances.

Upon arriving at the flat Gertie was excited but nervous. It was like her first year at Hogwarts all over again. What if he didn’t like her? What if things didn’t work out like she imagined they would? There was just so many what ifs that it made her wonder if this was really a good idea. However there was no time to turn back now, she was already at the door. All that was needed to do now was open the door, climb the stairs, and knock. “Things are going to work out.” She declared with a shake of her head. “Right…?” She questioned looking to her mum.

After her mum’s reply Gertie took a breath and opened the front door to the complex. Heading up the stairs she gave a knock on the door as she said, “Here goes nothing.” It took no time at all for Gabby to answer the door with a friendly greeting. “Hi Gabby,” She greeted back with a nod at the rest of the Gryffindor’s words. Walking in the typically hyper girl was rather sedate. It was probably her nerves. “Come on I’ll introduce you.” Gabby told them both although the young girl had it directed somewhat more towards Gertie give how she was behaving. After all the Gryffindor wasn’t stupid she could tell when someone was nervous, and if her own father was nervous then Gertie would definitely be.

Wearing: Cat Print Dress

With: My mum, My sister

OOC: Figured I quoted you on Gabby's post so I didn't need to quote you on this one.

No one's doubting your brains or creativity
But it's your heart I'm interested in
Ravenclaw's nice, but I believe you'll flourish best in
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sιηgℓє Mσтнєя Rανєηcℓαω Aℓυмηα Ƥσтισηєєя

Tiffany had been talking with Gertie, who had discovered her biological sister. Something in Tiffany's mind screamed that meeting the man would be a very bad idea, that he might want to take Gertie away... No, she'd never let that happen in a million years. She figured that if he dared try anything, she'd prove that she was Cydney Ellis' little sister. Sure enough, the girls planned a meet up at the Stanford flat. The redhead had shared the names, Gabriella and Brenden.

On the morning of their trip to London to meet the Stanfords, Tiffany tried desperately to quell her nerves. Gertie was so excited to meet her family.... but the older Adelwood was terrified. What if something awful happened? No, that was just her imagination acting up. After they were all dressed and fed, she apparated them to Diagon Alley. From there, she hailed a taxicab and the duo stopped outside the apartment building the Stanfords must live in. Gertie led the way to the flat, then knocked. A question came from the Hufflepuff, and it was one that Tiff didn't know the answer to. "I'm thure it'll be wonderful." She kissed Gertie on top of the head, then looked up when the door was pulled open by another redhead girl about Gertie's age. She introduced herself as Gabriella when she greeted the Adelwood duo. She invited them inside, mentioning her dad was around the corner. "Hello, Gabriella. My name ith Tiffany." She bit her tongue, silently cursing her lisp. It made her sound like a silly child, not like a responsible adult at all! She gently set a hand on her daughter's shoulder, trying to offer a comforting smile.

murruelecreuset

I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ Ɗᴀᴅᴅʏ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ: “Ƒᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇѕ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ. Ƴᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ 'ᴇᴍ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ, ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅѕ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ"
Sᴏ I ᴡᴏʀᴋ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ, ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪɴɢѕ ꜰᴏʀ ѕᴜʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Jᴜѕᴛ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ᴅᴏ. Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ʙᴏʏѕ, I'ᴍ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ!
Ƭʜᴇʀᴇ'ѕ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʀɪᴀʟѕ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀɪʙᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴѕ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ѕʜᴀʀᴇ
Ɓᴜᴛ I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʟɪᴍʙᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴ, I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʀᴏѕѕᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴠᴇʀ
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴍᴏѕᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:11 pm
The Stanford / Adelwood Family...

Gertrude/////////////Brenden/////////////Gabriella
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hufflepuff/////////////Barista/////////////Gryffindor

Gertie smiled at her mother’s words. She hoped it would be wonderful like she said. Though, she wasn’t able to think on it as Gabby opened the door to the flat. The second year Gryffindor smiled at her sister despite sensing the nervousness. “Nice to meet you Tiffany.” She replied before taking the older girl’s hand. “Follow me,” She said before leading the way to the living room, not that there was much too through. “Okay,” Gertie replied following the younger girl. The Hufflepuff was sure things would go smoothly after all Gabby made it seem like it would.

Brenden had definitely felt better. The moment his daughter went to get the door he felt like he was going to pass out. He quickly told himself otherwise. The blond man couldn’t stop wondering if what he did would be too much for him to make up for. Though, he shouldn’t worry about it now. As it was it didn’t keep her from deciding to meet. Course he probably had a lot of thanking to do with the girl’s mother.

As Gabby rounded the corner with Gertie, Brenden took a deep breath. Standing next to the couch in the room he gave a small but nervous smile. “Dad, this is...” Gabby started to say. “Gertrude…” Brenden finished for her. Gertie blinked in surprise forgetting that he had named her before… Pushing the thought aside she gave him a small smile before bringing herself to say. “Hello,” Gabby smiled slightly at the exchange before adding. “And this is Tiffany.” She gestured before once again getting her sentence finished only this time by Gertie. “She’s my mum.” Gertie said brightly.

Brenden looked from Gertie to Tiffany. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both. I’m glad you could come.” He said before adding. “I’m Brenden Stanford. Please make yourselves at home.” Sure the make yourselves at home part would be hard with everyone’s nervous but they could all try. “We made biscuits, tea, and coffee.” Gabby commented. That’s when she remembered what she made the night before. “And there’s also lemon in the fridge.” She added. Gabby was trying which caused Gertie to smile.

Stats'

Gertrude: Excited / Nervous
      Brenden: Nervous
      Gabriella: Being Supportive

Attire

Who we're with: Each other... Tiffany

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sιηgℓє Mσтнєя Rανєηcℓαω Aℓυмηα Ƥσтισηєєя

Tiffany smiled genuinely when Gabby said it was nice to meet. It really was indeed! She then asked them to follow her, which Gertie did happily, and Tiff did just so she wasn't the odd one out. The girls rounded a corner, so she peeked around, seeing a nice looking blonde man standing there. Gabby introduced Gertie first, though the man finished the thought. She swore his eyes lit up saying her name. Then again, he had named her, so he had good reason.

Next, Gabby introduced her, so Tiffany offered a shy smile. Brenden said hello and it was a pleasure to meet them, then introduced himself. "Hello Brenden, and thank you for inviting uth. Gertie here hath just been tho excited to meet you." She blushed a bit, sounding pretty childish with her goofy voice. Luckily, Gabby hurried to mention tea, coffee, and biscuits they'd made, plus lemon in the fridge. "Thank you, dear, I'll get thomething in a bit." She set her hand on Gertie's shoulder, realizing just how much she looked like her sister. No wonder she'd made the connection as fast as she had.

murruelecreuset

I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ Ɗᴀᴅᴅʏ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ: “Ƒᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇѕ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ. Ƴᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ 'ᴇᴍ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ, ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅѕ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ"
Sᴏ I ᴡᴏʀᴋ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ, ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪɴɢѕ ꜰᴏʀ ѕᴜʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Jᴜѕᴛ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ᴅᴏ. Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ʙᴏʏѕ, I'ᴍ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ!
Ƭʜᴇʀᴇ'ѕ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʀɪᴀʟѕ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀɪʙᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴѕ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ѕʜᴀʀᴇ
Ɓᴜᴛ I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʟɪᴍʙᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴ, I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʀᴏѕѕᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴠᴇʀ
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴍᴏѕᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:16 pm
Gabriella Clarity Stanford
Muggleborn - Team Beater
Fourth Year Gryffindor

People call me Gabby...
                                                  I'm 14 years old...

Gabby was rather surprised to hear that her father was getting hitched with Tiffany. She liked Gertie’s mom but wasn’t sure if she was ready to start calling her mom yet. Course she’d never even called her own mother that so calling anyone that was a stretch. “Have you finished packing your room?” Brenden asked her as he walked on by with a box. “Ah, not yet. Gertie’s coming over. I’ve got something I’m helping a friend of hers with. I’ll get it done after.” She told him. “Oh okay, sounds good.” He replied with a smile. It was nice to see her having a larger social life.

Gabby had agreed to help Charlie figure out where his father currently lived. How hard would it be to find this Nero Basile guy anyway? She didn’t think it would be simple, but it wouldn’t be earth shattering to figure out. With a computer search it shouldn’t be to much of a challenge. When Gertie arrived, Gabby opened the door. “Let me just grab something from my room.” She told her. “Okay,” The older girl said following after her sister. “Hi dad,” She greeted her father. “Hi Gertie, how’s your mum?” He asked her. “She’s good.”

“Sorry for the mess.” Gabby told her sister. With her father packing the place was kind of a mess. Though it didn’t matter. She and Gertie didn’t take up much space. “It’s fine. That’s cute!” Gertie said grabbing a choker with a bell on it of the desk. “You can have it if you want.” She offered. “Really?” She questioned with excitement. “Yeah, really. I mean we’ll be living together soon. Pretty sure that’s how sister’s work when they live under the same roof. But don’t start thinking that means you can take me stuff without asking.” The Gryffindor told her. Gertie nodded happily before heading into the living area.

Pulling up some chairs the two began searching for Charlie’s dad. Starting with where his last known address was they went from there. “Is that him?!” Gertie questioned poking the screen. “No… give me a minute.” Gabby commented. “And stop touching.” She chastised. “Sorry…” Gertie replied before bouncing in her seat. “When we do find him, do you think it will work out for Charlie?” The Hufflepuff asked. “I don’t know Gertie. Maybe it works out or maybe it doesn’t.” She told her. “But do you think it’ll go well? Like if you had to guess.” Gertie questioned curiously. “Like I said, I don’t know. Personally, I think he’s insane but at least he’s trying I guess.”

Gertie thought about it for what felt like a second. “You think he’s crazy?” She asked. “Not everyone’s story can end up like yours did Gertie.” There wasn’t much else Gabby could say. “I know that.” Gertie replied. Truth was she didn’t want to believe it. Things would work out. “Hey, I think I found him.” The fourth year stated. “Really?!” Gertie perked up. “Yeah… and by the looks of things he didn’t go that much further away. I mean he’ll probably need a ride to get there but it’s manageable.” She explained before writing the address. “That’s great! I can’t wait to tell Charlie.” Gertie replied happily.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Status: Helping yet being a realist
                                                  Wearing: T-Shirt & Shorts

With: Gertie

Such a perceptive young girl!
I do read minds, in fact, and in yours I read...
Ah! Youthful rebellion, a strong backbone and a loud mouth
Well then, that makes it easy.
Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
Private Homes

Manage Your Items