Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A deep look of concern shadowed the wanidatsi's face as he approached the assigned meeting location. The message had been brief, and Skan knew that Ukahada would not have sent it if he didn't have something serious he wanted to discuss.

Of course, the last time this happened, Skan nearly wanted to rip the kids throat out. Yinehi was gone, and Dohi had been nearly inconsolable when she realized her sister wasn't returning. The last think Skan needed was his alu'nadi to fall apart. Things were rocky in the Ela'wadiyi as it was, with relatively new appointments, especially in the Sky clan. He just wanted everything to finally even out so he didn't have to worry so much.

Clearly this wasn't going to happen any time soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:50 am
User Image

Like Skan, Ukhada was fairly certain he was never going to get any peace. It seemed like there was just no keeping the Wolf Clan under control, and it was all rooted in his own family. His grandmother had disappeared and the Wayas tried to hide it, he and Tsine made the executive decision to allow a massive joining into the pride when faced with an ally in crisis, he'd somehow chased away one of the wanidatsi's daughters.. he would have been happy to never have to speak directly to Skan again after that, but there was no way out of this now.

He was, very likely, on his way to getting his own grandparents kicked out of the pride. That was almost as horrible a feeling as knowing Yinehi would rather leave than let him marry her.

User Image

Galiha was doing her very best to make things easier on the young nvwati but nothing ever seemed to go right for the poor boy. She was supposed to keep an eye on the clan and she wasn't sure how they could have avoided any of the recent trouble. She'd never have guessed that Yinehi would reject him the way she did, and she would never have guessed what would happen with Sado and Madoa.. but upon hearing some angry rambling from Ukahada and Tsine, she wasn't surprised, ultimately.

She had gone ahead to request an audience with Skan and returned quickly to support Ukahada, but now that she was back there wasn't much she could do.

"He's coming," she called, circling down from above the meeting spot to perch on Ukahada's very fluffy, comfortable mane.

Ukahada took a deep breath and waited for Skan to reach them before standing up respectfully.. but not finding any words very quickly. Already off to an excellent start.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:43 pm
As Skan drew close enough to see Ukahada's face, he didn't feel much better about this meeting. It clearly was about a new issue, and not some deep offering to apologize for Yinehi's abandonment.

"Nvwati," he said with a nod, deciding to use title instead of name. The Waya's have made quite a mess of themselves, and the wanidatsi hoped they could manage to salvage themselves.

"You called this meeting between us. Is there something I need to know, as wanidatsi? Or as Skan Kanati?" He narrowed his eyes at the last part, wondering if this was more confession about Yinehi.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:57 pm
The formality was not very reassuring but Ukahada expected nothing less. He hadn't done anything to ingratiate himself to the Kanati family, he was easy to blame for Yinehi's departure.. just like Yinehi was easy to blame for his depression afterward. Thankfully, that had nothing to do with why he was here now.. but he knew it was on Skan's mind when he asked who he was here as.

"Thank you for coming," he said, refusing to let himself look nervous, "I requested your presence as wanidatsi."

And purposefully away from the clan, though there was plenty of gossip going around there and nobody would be surprised to find the wanidatsi among them sooner or later to deal with this.

Galiha offered a chirp of greetings to the wanidatsi, and hopped down from the top of Ukahada's mane to allow him to have a more respectable presence. She was a part of the team in the Wolf Clan but this wasn't something she could handle now.

She landed on the ground by Ukahada's feet with a thump and watched silently.

There was no point dancing around the issue, they'd have to talk about what happened and the quicker it happened the less awkward this would be for them both. With any luck, Skan wouldn't find some way to blame the nvwati for this, too.

"There's been a confirmed case of infidelity in the clan," he said, "Unfortunately, because there are witnesses, and because of.. the nature of one of the partners, it's been impossible to deal with this quietly."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:35 pm
Skan's eyes went between the nvwati and his bird. In a lot of ways, he was thankful for the network of communication that the birds provided the pride. Though they usually only brought negative news, he would rather know what the hell was going on than being blind. Seer or not, he would never be able to 'see' everything that was going on within the Ela'wadiyi.

And then it escalated to something he hadn't even thought of, though it didn't take him long to realize the possible parties involved. This was going to develop a stir within the entire pride, though, not just the wolf clan. A subject he hoped to never broach, and now he was tempted to involve his father's opinion on just how to handle this.

He sighed. "Honestly, I should be surprised, but I'm not. Should I take a moment to guess who the involved parties are, or should I just let you give me the rest of the details?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:40 pm
Galiha was mildly impressed when Skan sounded like he knew exactly who they were going to be talking about, but then she realized she should have picked up more on the unusual dynamic in that particular part of the family sooner. She ruffled her feathers and huffed quietly, but said nothing else for now, looking to Ukahada to see what he would say.

Ukahada held fast when Skan sighed and admitted that it was an easy guess of who was involved. He wished the rest of the story was as easy so he wouldn't have to talk about it but there was no avoiding it. He gave a weak smile and treated the question as rhetorical, going right for the complicating factors.

"Sado confessed after being seen with an unfamiliar lioness," he said flatly, working hard to keep his own feelings and opinions about this situation out of his voice, "Madoa laughed at all the fuss and admitted she hasn't been faithful either."

It was undoubtedly better that way, for his grandparents.. for the clan, and the pride? A married couple who treated that eternal bond so disrespectfully.. Ukahada knew this wasn't something he and Tsine could deal with on their own.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:02 pm
Skan nodded when it was confirmed, and sighed. "I will admit, I didn't expect to hear that both sides admitted to it. The tension and avoidance between the two was hard to ignore, and I only usually saw them at the festivals. Still..." As much as his heart was bitter at Ukahada, he felt bad for the nvwati. To deal with such an issue so close to your own family...

"This is something seriously. And to be honest, quite unprecedented. I've had to help mediate disagreements and tension in marriages, but nothing quite so dramatic as this."

A long pause between the two males grew, and then... "How would you want to approach this, Ukahada? I know you're here to inform me, as wanidatsi, but I am curious to understand your point of view, as being their grandson, what you think would be best for them."

It was a lot of pressure put on the nvwati, but Skan felt like a more personal point of view could give him a better idea on how to handle this situation.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:37 am
Finally, when asked for his opinion on the matter as their grandson and not their nvwati, Ukahada sighed. He was no more surprised than the wanidatsi was to hear that something had finally happened, he wouldn't be surprised to hear that this sort of thing did happen occasionally .. but, to single lions. There were no cubs to worry about and that helped, but it didn't make it much better.

"I don't know," he confessed, "It wouldn't be fair not to treat them equally. Sado wasn't born here and Madoa wasn't caught, but this is home to both and their crimes are the same.."

He was surprised his grandfather hadn't made a run for it.. but this was his home, too. He'd been here a long time and it wasn't his wife that kept him here, that was certain. His children, grandchildren.. and now even his brother and a niece and nephew were here.

"Honestly, they should never have been stuck together."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:44 am
"I agree with you there," Skan nodded. "And if your grandfather hadn't stuck around to help raise them, I'm sure that Madoa's own parents and siblings would have helped raise them. It wouldn't have been an ideal situation in any regard."

He was hoping for a more direct reply from Ukahada, but this was uncharted territory for the pride as a whole.

"If they never should have been stuck together, as you say, should we dissolve the marriage? As cherished as we hold marriage to be, nothing is perfect." His own parents had their own complicated relationship. It grew easier for his mother when his father was reborn, but then it made it awkward for him and his siblings.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:57 am
Galiha gave a surprised chirp at the suggestion that the marriage be dissolved, but quickly covered it up with something of a cough and a couple hops back so she wouldn't accidentally cut right into an important conversation here. Skan said what they were all thinking but it was still an impossible thought around here..

"Can we do that?" Ukahada asked warily, ignoring Galiha's shocked reaction to the suggestion. It was the obvious answer, and he knew enough about outsiders and outside custom to know the Ela'wadiyi were the odd ones, not those who treated their families with such disrespect..

But.. if ever there was a situation that called for it, this way it. Even.. even before now, it might have been justified. Nothing is perfect.

"What if there are others," he said, realizing his eyes were wandering and bringing his gaze back up to Skan, "Unhappy marriages between partners who have more self-control? The worst example calls for desperate measures.. but.."

Was it fair? What kind of precedent would they be setting?  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:31 pm
"We can," Skan replied quietly. He was worried that it would cause a stir, and perhaps even a sudden request for more separations, but in the end it may even out and become a rare occurrence once more.

"It wouldn't surprise me if there were others," he added on. "I'm certain that you haven't only see consistently happy marriages within the wolf clan, right? Conflict happens, and as part of the leadership of a clan, you're there to help make it right again. I'm certain your alu'nadi does most of the work in that regard, but sometimes even I'm called in to help."

Skan shrugged. "It may be a change that needs to happen, but still treated as a case-by-case basis."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:30 am
"Of course," Ukahada said hesitantly when asked about conflict in marriage, knowing it wasn't an unheard of issue .. and Skan was right, the clan naturally favoured approaching the alu'nadi and not him. Neither of them were properly married, so the clan mother would of course be first choice.

The idea that his grandparents' broken marriage might set such a terrible precedent was more upsetting than the infidelity that brought him to this meeting to start with. But.. he'd already settled on it not being fair to cast out Sado just because he wasn't born here, and who could say what would happen if Madoa was sent away.

Galiha watched Ukahada struggle with what was happening,
surprised to see it was him having a harder time than the wanidatsi. Skan was not known to be so fond of change, but Ukahada was known to be protective of his family.

With a reassuring smile, she hopped over to Ukahada's feet and laid a wing over his toes.

"More will feel like you," she offered, "And for others, it may be a much needed relief."

Ukahada sighed, glancing down to Galiha and back up to Skan.

"I'm sorry it's always the Wolf Clan."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:32 pm
Skan released a heavy sigh. It was always the Wolf Clan, even before Ukahada's time. A downside to the clan always being the largest one, even before Skan's own time. It struggled to contains its slip ups from the beginning, and perhaps that was why they were now dealing with the Waya issue.

"Just be prepared for backlash, but it will pass. If you want to speak with your clan first, I will delay a message to other clans about this decision."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 pm
Ukahada contained a sigh of his own, glancing from the reassuring avian at his feet to the serious wanidatsi before him. At least this issue wasn't personal, but he really hadn't wanted to have to face Skan again. Especially not on his own.. but Tsine was better off at home.

"No, that won't be necessary," he said, "We'll be fine."

They may as well do it all at once, painful as it might be for it to be the Wolf Clan again.. they would all just have to get over it. And he and Tsine would have to try to crack down on the drama.. but he wasn't sure what was left for them to do wrong.

Counseling through actual separations.. he wondered how many in the Wolf Clan would be eagerly stepping up now that his own damned grandparents were setting the precedent.

He finally sighed.

Fin!  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items