Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[PRP] No more napping [Faruk x Vjeran]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Naps. He loved naps. Faruk didn't feel very energetic, he would rather just sleep the day away. And it was a perfect way to avoid trouble. He loved naps and disliked conflict.

Stretching lazily in the sun, he rolled onto his back. He wondered what his siblings were doing. Probably up to no good. The idea made him frown, the urge to get up trickling through him. No, he wanted to nap. He wanted to avoid conflicts. Getting up presented opportunity for trouble. He'll just sleep.

His eyes drifted closed, ready to snooze the afternoon away.
oo DeD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 pm
"…psst."

If his brother didn't like to be bothered during a nap, Vjeran seemed to be completely unaware. Surely he was too caught up in the wonders of the world to notice Faruk's… well. Maturity was a good word for it.

"…pssssst. Faruk. Hey."

The smaller cub had moved up slowly to his sibling, peering over the darker lion's form with bright pink eyes. Vjeran had a formidable amount of admiration for his brother. How was it that he seemed to know so much? He was as wise as some adults. Surely. And Vjeran found himself constantly needing his dear brother's opinion or advice.

"…pssst. You awake?"

- Mynsed -
"MANY MONTHS LATER"

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:13 pm
Sleep… was a luxury, apparently. He tried to ignore the first psst. And then the second, followed with his name. It sounded and smelled like Vjeran. Surely he’d give up soon.

Obviously, Faruk didn’t know his brother well enough.

”No, I’m not,” he muttered, ears flat for a moment. Wait a moment… yep, there it was. That was the feeling of his precious nap slipping away. Sighing, he opened his eyes, immediately greeted by the blue sky. He moved his head, not quite off his back yet, to stare at his smaller brother.

”What do you want to do?” he asked with a lazy yawn before rolling onto his belly. It was no use fighting it. He was going to be swept up into his sibling’s plans, he just knew it. And fighting it would be too tiring and troublesome. Best to just supervise whatever plans Vjeran had.

And hopefully be the voice of reason.

oo DeD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:26 pm
- Mynsed -

At the acknowledgement of his brother, Vjeran was immediately beaming. His front legs slid in front of him until he rested on his elbows, his rump high in the air. The pale blue lion breezed through the sarcastic response his brother gave, instead sitting his chin onto the ground close to Faruk's head.

"So you know that little family of mice? The one living in that den under the tree that I said looked like a bird head? So I think they had babies because I heard, I heard a lot of little noises coming from the hole and I told the other cubs and they bet me that I couldn't catch any of them and so I've been trying all morning but none of them are coming out." Finally, he stopped for a breath. It was a deep one that heaved his chest. The cub flopped onto the ground. "So… so I was wondering if you would maybe help me please?"

One day, when he was older and (maybe) wiser, Vjeran would have to compliment his brother for his patience. Or maybe this would just be what their life would be like. Forever. To be honest, Vjeran wouldn't be the one complaining if that came to be the case.

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:48 pm
Catching… mice. Because of a bet. From other little cubs. Idly, he wondered if something was actually betted or if it was just pride on the line. Regardless, he stared at the other, contemplating the pros and cons.

He wasn’t against catching mice; their parents had them practicing all the time in order to learn how to hunt. But… it was the matter of catching mice with Vjeran that had him hesitate. Something was bound to go wrong, he knew it. But he very well can’t deny his brother when he was looking at him like that. And what reason could he give to his brother that would actually be accepted? He was rather… persistent.

But Faruk didn’t want to give in just yet. Just a few more precious moments of laziness… ”If they bet you that you couldn’t catch any of them, why does me helping you prove them different?” he asked dryly. It was inevitable. He would have to get up soon. He just knew it.

oo DeD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:15 pm
- Mynsed -

"Well…" His voice trailed off and his ears pressed flat to his head. Faruk had a point, as per usual. Vjeran wouldn't be hard pressed to admit that this whole thing wasn't about the bet. Not really. The pale blue cub didn't feel like he really had anything to prove. Not to other cubs, at the very least. He wasn't the type to really notice if anyone talked down to him or gave him a bad time. Mostly, he wanted to hang out with his brother and this bet seemed like the perfect opportunity to ask Faruk for help.

"Well they didn't say anything about me doing it by myself. And you're so much better than me at it." Vjeran perked up again, giving a beaming smile. Regardless of what the truth might have been, Vjeran seemed to consider his family—his siblings especially—as being perfect in his eyes. If there was anyone that could help him on his quest, it was Faruk.

"Puh-leeeeease?"

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:17 pm
Faruk should have told Vjeran what he heard some adults say; flattery gets you nowhere. Except… looking at the beaming smile, Faruk just sighed and stood up in response. How could he ever deny Vjeran of anything when he gave him that look and asked please so earnestly?

”Alright, goof. Let’s get this done,” he told him in a resigned tone, stretching his legs one at a time. He looked at the spot he had been cozied up in regretfully. Another nap wasted. Perhaps, if he was quick enough, he could get back to his prior activity… With a new determination, he began walking towards that certain tree that did not look like a bird head. Not that he would voice out his disagreement; he made a habit of letting his siblings believe what they will, as long as it was harmless.

oo DeD

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff