Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[PRP] Lovely Little Ones (Hodari/Amabala and Faruk)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:39 pm
User Image

Hodari had long since had her cubs. They were grown now, finding mates of their own and settling into their own lives. Hodari herself had found a mate of her own, a permanent one this time, unlike the mistake of a lion she'd found in Azhar. Okay, okay, Azhar hadn't been a bad lion and he meant to do right by the cubs, but Hodari wouldn't have any of it. He was bad for her, she had insisted and so she'd shooed him off and refused to think of males for a while after.

Then Mti had come along when she was ready to "get back out there" as her familiar, Amabala, had put it. They hit it off and Mti was so sweet... She fell in love almost immediately. Then the topic of cubs came up and well... They were still working that part out, really. In the meantime, Hodari had to suffer through watching other lionesses and their mates have litters of cubs.

"Amabala?" She asked her candid companion. "Do you ever think about having cubs-er, pups?" Hodari hadn't actually met anyone else with a maned wolf familiar in the pride, so she wondered if there were any options for her companion. He did have a tendency to disappear from time to time, but he always came back and never with company. Perhaps that's why she was so surprised with his reply.

"What makes you think I haven't had them already?" This of course caused the lioness to bombard her familiar with questions that he carefully evaded with vague answers and she was so into the conversation that she nearly tripped over the furry lump underfoot.

"Oh my!" Hodari gasped and stumbled backwards, peering down at the cub. "Are you alright, dear?"

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The spot he had found this time was perfect. The stone ground warmed from the sun just an hour ago but now within the shade of a tree. Faruk had simply been going to find one of his siblings… and sunk to the ground as soon as his toes felt the warmth. It was blissful and he had been asleep within minutes.

And was awake within seconds of being stepped on. Letting out a yelp, he sprung up from the ground, startled. His eyes looked around wildly, looking for the cause. And found an older lioness and a… hyena, he thinks? Faruk stared at them flatly, mind still muddled. Was he alright? Well, his nap was ruined. That wasn’t alright. He was stepped on. But… he wasn’t hurting. And besides the slight sulking feeling of having to be awake, he was pretty much fine. ”Yes ma’am,” he replied shortly, eyes moving to the hyena. ”I was just…,” he paused. He really didn’t want to admit he had fallen asleep in the middle of the path. ”I am alright,” he said instead, letting out a large yawn.

Belloblossom

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:20 pm
Hodari let out a relieved sigh when she heard that the young cub hadn't been hurt when she trod upon him. She gave the pale cub a good once-over with her eyes to make sure this was true information she'd been given and then nodded.

"Well, I'm glad you're alright." Raising her head, she glanced around. "Where might your parents be, my dear? Or are you out exploring?" She asked with a knowing look in her eyes. She had certainly been an adventurous cub in her youth and she had a pawful with her own cubs too. When weren't cubs out adventuring and getting underpaw?

While Hodari was looking above him and the cub for the little one's parents, Amabala caught the young lionling looking at him and stared right back.
"I'm a pretty weird looking lion, right?" He tossed his mane and grinned at the other, only to receive a swat on the shoulder from Hodari's tail. "Fiiine. I'm not actually a lion. Or whatever creature you're imagining, probably." He added. "I'm a maned wolf, but you can call me Amabala. What do we call you, lionling?" He asked, sitting down. Between Hodari's affection for cubs, especially recently, he supposed they'd be staying to chat for a while.

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:53 am
Faruk fought the yawn that was overcoming him. He sat on his rump and tried to ward it off but it won and he raised a paw to try and hide the loud yawn. It was very ineffective. ”I don’t know, back at the den maybe?” he answered, eyes narrowing. ”No, I wasn’t. Why do you want to know, miss?” Suspicion was heavy on his tone.

His eyes moved away from her to the other one. No, he knew she wasn’t a lion. A hyena, right? He was sure he was right. His eyes widened at the swat, standing up and taking a step back. He was very confused and bewildered. A… maned wolf? Well, his guess was off. He’d have to ask for better descriptions. Or listen to lessons more and not doze off. Maybe. A maned wolf named Amabala. The lioness hadn’t given her name yet. ”Faruk,” he mumbled, unsure if giving his name was the right idea. But it shouldn’t be too much off a problem.
Belloblossom

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 pm
Hodari smiled at the suspicion in the cub's eyes, amusement in her own as she flicked her tail against the ground.
"I ask because I'm fond of exploring." She replied and in a conspiratorial tone, added, leaning in slightly. "I know all the best exploring spots." She stretched and then got to her paws, making as though she were going to take off.

"Well, it was a pleasure to meet you, Faruk, but if you're not interested in exploring with me, I think I'll take my leave." She told him and beckoning Amabala to follow her, she then said to the maned wolf, rather loud and pointedly, "It's a shame. I could have shown him the meadow of moon flowers..."

Amabala dipped his head to the young cub and followed after Hodari, inclining his head towards hers.
"Indeed, it's particularly nice to view in the evening, but alas. If that cub is more inclined to stay close to his pride, then we must appreciate such dedicated loyalty." He replied with a nod.

He suspected what Hodari wanted was to have the cub's curiosity be perked and have him call them back or follow them. Perhaps it would work as they hoped, but with the yawn the cub made, he doubted the young thing could stay awake for the time they took to get to the meadow by the watering hole.
Such a shame, really.

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:38 am
”I don’t like expl-“ he cut off, ears twitching. Moon flowers? An idea popped in his head. It was ridiculous, obviously. Picking flowers to bring home to his family. And if there had been extras… he could have given it to the lady with the stars in her hair. He could never do something so embarrassing. Something like that meant taking action and he did not like to do that. But… his mama might like the flowers. And so would his sisters. Vjeran and Zlatan may like them too…

What irked him was the dedicated loyalty. He wasn’t loyal to anyone but his family. The Mwezi… with the bloody history in recent memory, Faruk harbored distrust towards the Mwezi. But he could count on his family. And he would protect them. And so, he followed after them silently, not bothering to say anything. Moon flowers. They would like them.

Belloblossom

- Mynsed -

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces