Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Holds & Halls
[PRP] A voice in the gloom (Saed & Azrael)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:11 pm
A normal occurrence was for the travelling trading caravans to pass buy and take their time near or around the circus. It was a nice time for goods to be traded, as well as supplies to be replenished. While more people being around made Azrael nervous, he had gotten use to hiding it and Eldwinth was always good at calming his nerves.

Dressed as he normally was, with his face hidden away from the rest of the world, Azrael did his best to ignore the looks that he was receiving. People always gave him lingering glances because of the fact that he hid his face away from the world. They wondered why it was hidden, though some assumed it was because of some deformity because of the milky blue eye he sported.

You should find a new mirror, Azraelmine. You have broken the one you were gifted. The tall man sighed as he heard his browns words. I understand that, Eldwinth. Replacing it, however is not something that I wish to do. I do not need a new mirror. The one with cracks fits me perfectly. He could feel the dislike from Eldwinth at his words. The brown tried his best to make Azrael feel better about his appearance and it never seemed to help.

His eyes caught sight of some fabrics and he paused, looking over them. He did need a couple new pieces that might work into his act. Perhaps he could find something here, although he would need to get some herbs and other things for the rest of the act.

ShinosBee
Had a bit of inspiration. Hope you don't mind.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:57 pm
Cath's delicate rumble was only loud enough to rouse his heartmate, a telltale signal that someone had come wandering up to their humble little stall. It was enough to wake the drowzing form within the shadowy depths of the den-like tent that fronted on the back side of the stand. They sat, a slender hand dragging long curls out of their face and stretched, feline-like before turning to blink sun-stunned blue-green eyes out into the daylight at whomever'd come to call. "Can I help you?" Came the voice, strangely genderless and still thick with sleep, made almost sultry by the raw intimacy of the tone. When the figure stood to step out into the light they sent ten and twenty and a hundred small beads of light scattering from bands and chains and drips of gold that were set to swaying, scattering the light like so many tiny mirrors, and bearing the clinging tendrils of some incense in their wake.

Saed peered across the distance through long, thick lashes, taking in the rather eye-catching figure the man cut. Dark hair, dark clothes, he wore shadows like a cloak, made all the more prominent against skin that looked as if it'd never felt the touch of the sun. A scarf about the lower face lent an obscure curiosity, and they smiled beneath their own veils of gauzy silk. Fine tastes, if utterly different from their own. They could see why their fabrics had caught the man's eye—they were a creature of luxury, after all, and only sold the very best...or almost-very-best. The very best, well...it looked all the better wrapped around themselves, didn't it?

"Feel free to touch, if you'd like," The cloth, the beads pooled in shallow glittering bowls, the flash of briefly exposed sun-kissed skin at their wrist as they gestured for the man to come closer—all touches were welcome, the implication was clear. "Of course, there's plenty more as well. If there's something you'd like, but in another color..." A slender golden brow rose as they gave a pointed look to the man's darker clothes. Nothing, or almost nothing they had here was quite so dour, but...well, if he insisted, they could always have something dyed.

BastetAmun

ShinosBee

Nerd

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:02 am
A voice coming from the shadows of a tent he had not noticed before gave Azrael a small start, one that he instantly chided himself about. He could feel a chuckle through his bond from Eldwinth. Did you think there was no one here? Perhaps you had been hoping to steal something away? Azrael ignored his brown and did his best to hide the annoyance that was on his face as he noticed the entrance to the tent opening.

Eyes squinted some as the light danced upon the beads that were moved away. The figure he saw emerge was decidedly beautiful and at once Azrael felt attracted to it as well as unattracted at the same time. Was this because, while there was a feminine beauty to the creature there was also a masculine feel to them? He could not pinpoint just what gender they were and figured he didn't care either way. What was curious to him was the fact they had their face covered as well, at least the lower part, with a silk veil. It did not really hide like his bandages and scarf did but, it was a nice touch of mystery.

They were speaking to him, telling him to touch if he wanted to, he almost felt as if that was an invitation to touch more then just the fabrics, but the thought was pushed from his mind as he stepped a bit closer. He was standing at his full height, very much aware of the sight he made of himself, dressed almost all in black. "I am not looking for fabric for clothing, though I will not deny your selection is very exquisite." He moved his eyes to look around the stall again, looking over the different pieces. "I suppose I am just looking for something that could be used in my act...Something breathable." For all that his face was covered, Azrael's voice was projected through clearly, he had worked hard on projection to make sure he didn't come off as being hard to hear. It was a necessary part when you were an entertainer.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:43 pm
What a terribly charming fellow this was! Just eccentric-looking enough to be obviously from the carnival of wondrous things they'd come to camp beside, and Saed couldn't help but smile as they felt the draw of the unfamiliar, the intriguing. It made sense really, given it was the same sort of spell they tried to weave to lure in customers and marks. A different exact type of showmanship, but of the same breed. The unusual attire did not hinder the man's ability to be heard or understood, something that clearly must have taken work and practice. Just how they had worked so hard to perfect just the right angle to strike as they reclined against the counter and propped their cheek in the dip of their palm—fingers placed just so to pull the layers of veil taught, revealing hints of an elegant nose and high cheekbones, but no more, and never enough to cause it to catch over their lips or show their exact expression.

"A pity. You wear the darker sort well, but...hm." Now it was their turn to reach out, hand ghosting just above (and never touching) the fabric of the man's sleeve. "No, perhaps you're right. Breathable, though? Well, now that'd depend." Their hand lifted, brushing across one of the dangling sheafs of gauzy material. "What exactly were you thinking of using it for? I've plenty that will let in air...but also, say, wine or water. Faster than you might like, rather. Others will let you breathe, but are cloying, or the dye gives it a perfume that might be irritable over long stretches."

"Of course, as I said, we've much more beyond this here. It's garish to overstock the stand though," A sly wink over the gold lip of the veil, they had to be smiling beneath it. "So what'll it be?" Those sea-blue eyes trailed over his figure again, glittering with innocent amusement at something. "And I did mean it, you know, when I said you're free to touch. Can't know what you'll like before you give it a try, hmm?"

BastetAmun

ShinosBee

Nerd

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:09 pm
Those eyes watched them as they moved, propping themselves against the counter. He could feel the humor flowing through Eldwinth at what was going on in Azrael's mind. The man was feeling a draw to this figure more then he had felt to anyone since...

He put a stop to that train of thought before he turned his attention back to looking at the different fabrics as they spoke to him. He raised an eyebrow some when his clothing was talked about again, the one thing he was not going to change about himself. The black, darker and more austere clothing added to his mystery and mystic then anything bright and vibrant would. It would also bring attention to him, attention he didn't want.

"Breathable enough to let in perfumes and smoke that is...laced." He paused some, wondering if the vendor would get the wrong idea. "The smoke and scents help to...make my act even more magical then it already is." Why was he worried about what this figure thought about how he did things? Perhaps he was hoping to make a friend during this transaction now? That was just absurd, even though he could feel the push from Eldwinth to do just that.

The slight hidden smile, at least he thought it was a smile, made Azrael chuckle softly to himself, nodded his head. He moved to look at one of the material that they had pointed out to him, letting his hand move over it. "You're fabric is quiet beautiful, most like the proprietor." There was shock in his mind as Eldwinth heard his words. Was he flirting? Of course not, he was just being friendly and trying to keep himself from looking too rigid, for once at least. With this figure, he felt almost as if he could let his guard down a bit more then usual. It was such a strange feeling.

ShinosBee
Sorry this took so long!

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces