Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Holds & Halls
[PRP] All Work and No Play (G'ar K'tos, & Salva)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:59 pm
Masterharper
Feel free to move them to the Bowl/wherever if you like so G'ar can jump in whenever.

ShinosBee

Salva knocked on the door to the R'mor's study before letting herself in. "Here's the last sweep reports for this month." she said after a quick salute, moving into the room so she could hand them to the Weyrleader. As she stood at attention, her eyes skated across the room to the other side of the table where something (someone, rather) caught her attention. "Hmmmm?" She raised an eyebrow, grinning slyly. "Isn't this a rest day for you, K'tos?" she asked. Not that she was keeping track of what days her hot flight leader had off, but... Okay, she was totally doing that.

But this was great! As it happened, she was just dropping off some reports for a wingmate. Then she was off to the beach with Marasameth and G'ar. She'd promised him she'd bring one or two more along as well (safety in numbers in, and all that). She'd been planning to round up some friends once she was done here, but who better to protect little old them than the Weyrsecond himself? She cackled inwardly. The timing couldn't be more perfect. It almost seemed like fate..

"You know, G'ar and I are going to the beach today. You should come with us. Aren't you the one always saying that it's important to take time off to recharge?"

Just in case she met resistance on this end, she decided to go ahead and be underhanded about it, and get Altoth to do her dirty work. Altoth, love. Turns out your dear Minoth is free today. Why don't you invite him to the beach for me?
Really? That's wonderful! the sweet blue replied, delighted.

Minoth, do you have time today? Marasemeth and I are going to the beach and it would be wonderful to see you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:16 pm
DruidTigeress

ShinosBee
Sorry for the novel, guys. Had to get into characters. xD The last paragraph is the actual action part, haha.

K'tos hadn't looked up when Salva entered. He was sitting at his desk, reading over a few archives he'd brought up for R'mor earlier that morning. He had gotten sucked into the documents, and was comparing the historical text with what they believed to be the next Threadfall location. While the Northern and Southern Continents had lucked out with having centuries of Threadfall data, the Western Continent was a bit of a surprise. Their sweep's were more important than ever, just in case they did get the location or timing wrong.

Western Weyr had learned a lot over the past Turn, but it wasn't enough. What had started as a light conversation with R'mor, had turned into a few hours of heavy ready, note taking, and triple-checking their projections. R'mor seemed confident they knew well when Thread would fall again. They had three days left of rest, before the silver rain would fall again, and K'tos couldn't help but feel paranoid. He knew it would start falling more regularly as the Turn's progressed, but he simply didn't trust it. It shouldn't have ever returned, anyway, and yet here they were. So much for man conquering nature. They'd all been fools to think themselves safe. . . but that was neither here nor there.

Had it been anyone but Salva, K'tos might not have been pulled from his thoughts. But as soon as her voice entered the room, it hit him like a splash of cold water He glanced up for a quick moment, as if he had to confirm it was Sunny, before he quickly looked back down at his maps. He felt his cheeks flush, and hoped that neither R'mor or Sunny noticed. The office was just a little warm from keeping the glows on all day, that was all. Knitting his brows, he leaned in closer to his archives, as if he were intently reading, but it was false; he could hardly make sense of the words, much less think of anything but Sunny, Kahina, and G'ar.

That flight had been something else.

And though he had tried to forget about it, had brushed it off as nothing but wild flightlust, part of K'tos had genuinely enjoyed it. It wasn't that he was an inexperienced man. He just. . . well. He was busy! He had the safety of the Weyr to think about, and didn't have time for romance. So while he hadn't expected so many people involved, he had found it difficult to wake up and leave them all behind.

Of course R'mor had known all about it. Shaffit, the rumor of who shacked-up-with-who spread faster than burrowing Thread! And now, with Sunny standing in the office, he couldn't help but be hit with a reminder of why he should have never let himself participate. He should have had more self-control.

Thankfully, Sunny was just dropping something off, and . . . Crap. She was addressing him. It took him a moment to try to figure out what she'd asked, and his brows knit,. "Oh. Well. Yes. I was just ... Working. Had some things to finish up today." Real smooth.

R'mor gave a small snort.

K'tos ignored him. Let R'mor laugh. He was busy. Sunny was going to be on her way in bout two secon---

Shaffit.

Was she inviting him out with G'ar? The thought of him didn't make his flush lessen, and his stomach almost twitched with something akin to a flutter.

Faranth, what was wrong with him?

"Oh, I don't know abou--"

"He'd love to!" R'mor cut in, eyes bright with mirth. He was holding back a laugh, and the look K'tos gave him didn't help. "I've been telling him all month to enjoy himself a little. You and G'ar'll help him out with that, won't you, Sunny?" R'mor arched a brow a the woman, trying hard not to look as pleased as he felt. "A day at the beach sounds perfect."

K'tos tried to find words. "I..." He glanced from Sunny to R'mor to his records, and shuffled them out of habit, as if that would somehow solve it all. While he readily encouraged his Wings and Wingleaders to ensure they all took time for themselves, he wasn't so good about taking his own advice.

Thankfully, Sunny had been clever, and getting Minoth involved was only going to seal the deal. The brown had been happily sunning himself, when Altoth reached out. The dragon brightened at the request, and sent a wave of pleasure and delight squarely back to Altoth. Ah, sweet Altoth. How kind of you to extend such a delightful invitation. If you do not mind my presence, I would find no greater pleasure than spending time with Marasemeth and you.

The brown would never admit it, but he was a bit lonely for companionship. His rider was often busy, which meant he was often busy; duty came first and foremost, but lately it had been at the expense of all else. Minoth was flattered he'd been invited along, especially by two most handsome blues.

Ridermine, we're going.. And that was that.

K'tos was clever enough to know when he was beat He couldn't fight off Sunny and R'mor and Minoth. On the one hand, part of him was actually thrilled by the prospect. Not that he expected anything to happen!
Not at all! But this would give him an opportunity to clear the air. Prove that they could all hang around innocently without the flight hanging over them. Yes. Of course. This was purely innocent good fun. He was probably a fool for getting so worked over one passionate night.

Yes.
Very good.

This was his duty.. right?

"Well, it's kind of you to offer. I do need to get my things, of course, but will meet you out in the Weyrbowl."

~ ~ ~

It did not take him long. Thankfully, his weyr was easily accessible and close to the meeting rooms. He changed into clothing that was a bit more casual and beach appropriate; things he wouldn't mind getting wet, or sandy. He didn't know if they were staying local or flying out, but no matter where they wound up, he new Minoth would ensure he got drenched.

When was the last time he'd gone to the beach that wasn't on drill or some sort of duty? Running hands through his dark his hair, the tall man could only hope G'ar wouldn't mind his presence. Maybe Sunny and G'ar had wanted to be alone? Well. It was too late now, and she wouldn't have invited him if she'd really wanted privacy. Besides, it was just a beach outing. What was the worst that would happen?

Masterharper
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Marasemeth could see them down in the weyrbowl! Altoth, his dearest Altoth, and oh! Minoth too!! Altoth must've wanted to surprise him, and it'd worked! The blue whined as he gripped at the edge of the ledge. He was SO ready to go! The blue's wings flared uselessly a moment, beating the warm summer air before going still again. He was all strapped up, the bundles G'ar'd put together were tied down tight, but...G'ar was not on his back! And he couldn't just go leaping down without his rider. That was the quickest way to get G'ar to change his mind, and refuse to go. It'd been a really good day for G'ar too, so far, and Marasemeth would rather be a whole candlemark late than contribute to the stress level for his person.

A small clatter caught the blue's attention, and he huffed before trotting back to duck as far into the weyr as he could. G'ar? Theyr'e down there, G'ar, but, do you need help? He could just make out through the sun-haze of the much darker room, the slim shape of his rider coming over to join him. "No, it's all fine Mara, I promise." A cool hand on the blue's nose made him burble with delight, and he backed out of the entryway to give the man room. He was toting...yet another bag. This one was full of something that clinked faintly, perhaps ceramic jars or pots? Whatever they were for, the blue was sure they must be important...but hopefully they were the last things his rider needed. They're waiting on us, are we ready?

G'ar tied off the last bag, brow furrowed beneath his riding goggles, and then swung up into the straps on Marasemeth's back. He had in fact just thought of one or two more things that might be nice to have along, but...the blue was so ready to go. And if he got over-eager he'd be more likely to pull a muscle or dive too quickly, or something. Forgetting one or two things was worth avoiding those risks, so, "Yes, we can...oh! Oh, Sunny's gone and roped in...oh. Minoth...and K'tos?" He nearly went limp in the seat, but the telltale bunch of the blue's muscles to leap made him hold on tight. K'tos? Why'd she gone and done that?! By the time they'd landed G'ar was struggling to look anywhere but at the weyrsecond, the back of his neck beneath his hair and riding scarf flushed almost russet. How could he NOT be reminded of that night? The only one not here was the greenrider that'd sharding caused it!

Marasemeth wasted no time in butting his head against Minoth in greeting before rumbling and creeling at Altoth, flashing brilliantly happy eyes. We're going to the beach today! A real adventure! The blue was just over the moons, beside himself with joy at the idea of all the fun they'd have!

Masterharper

DruidTigeress

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:53 am
Not at all! We would be delighted if you could join us. The more the merrier, Salva always says.

It is done. Altoth told her after speaking to Minoth, adding, with his voice giddily happy, He called me sweet!

Sunny beamed smugly at K'tos, knowing that of Minoth was in, he'd have no choice but to agree. She did feel a little bad for the Weyrsecond. Getting their dragons involved was definitely playing dirty, but sometimes the ends justified the means, and this was just too good an opportunity to pass up. Fortunately, she seemed to have an ally on this side as well. She nodded to R'mor. "I'll consider that an order then." she said, grinning.

She looked at K'tos with a wink. "See you outside then." she said, waving at the flustered Weyrsecond.

---

It was less than a minute before Sunny emerged from her room again, tying a light skirt of bright blue fabric around her waist. As much as she wanted to believe that boys would be lining up to go to the beach with her (ha!) she knew it was really Altoth that convinced them to come along. She wrapped her arms around the blue dragon's wedge shaped head. "You always get me what I want, don't you my sweet boy?" she said, pressing a kiss to the end of the his nose before she climbed onto his back.

They landed in the Weyrbowl a moment later and Sunny hopped off Altoth's back to go talk to K'tos while the blue went to cozy up to his two buddies.
Yes! It will be a grand adventure! Altoth said, eyes whirring a brilliant blue. Although it would most likely be a fairly tame affair, it seemed exciting when he thought of the time he got to spend with his friend, who he rarely saw outside the Weyr.
"Hey! G'ar! Check it out." Salva called over to her friend with a bright grin, draping an arm over K'tos's shoulder and gesturing to the rider with her thumb. "I promised I'd get us another companion, and do I not deliver? The Weyrsecond himself. Eh? Not bad right?" she said proudly, not minding that she was saying any of this right in front of him.

"Well, come on then. No sense dilly dallying around here, eh?" She nudged K'tos playfully with her elbow. "Sooner we get going, the sooner we can get you back to your beloved paperwork." she teased. It was a wonderful day for swimming, and she could think of no one better to go with than her two dear workaholics.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:02 pm
DruidTigeress

ShinosBee

K'tos still couldn't believe he was going to the beach with Salva and G'ar. He stood awkwardly besides Minoth, waiting for the two blue rider to arrive. Part of him couldn't help but wonder if he was forgetting anything. Should he have grabbed some sort of food from the kitchens; or maybe he should have worn something else? Something more conservative?

Well.
It's not like his swim wear was risque, but...this wasn't just him taking Minoth out to the beach for a scrub. This was some sort of outing, and G'ar and Sunny would be there, and maybe he'd just let them swim. He could stay on the beach, fully clothed, and just watch. Or. Wait. No. Not like that. Not... Ugh.

K'tos could feel Minoth all but laughing at him, and he frowned. "It's not funny." His dragon's snort said otherwise.

Before K'tos had time to reply, he felt Minoth brighten considerably as Marasemeth and his landed. He moved aside when the other blue approached to greet his brown, who happily bumped his head back at the other, and gave a happy croon. Altoth wasn't far behind, which caused the blue even more pleasure. I couldn't really think of a better place to spend the day... Or in any finer company. The two of you look radiant. The brown dragon's eyes whirled a happy, deep blue.

K'tos, for his part, tried not to groan. Don't get too friendly, Minoth. This isn't that kind of outing.

Once again, his dragon ignored him. Maybe His wasn't a flirtatious man, but that didn't have to stop Minoth. He wasn't flirting -- he was just stating a fact. The pale blues of Altoth, and the darker blues of Marasemeth were stunning, whether his rider wanted to believe it or not. Just relax, Mine. This shall be great fun for us all.

When Sunny wrapped her arm about his shoulders, he stooped down a bit so she might not have to reach. He ignored her teasing -- he didn't really mind it -- but could only hope G'ar wouldn't object. He hadn't had a chance to talk to the other yet, and was worried maybe the blue rider would object to him coming along.

Ah, but wasn't easy staying anxious, not when Sunny was being so, well, sunny about the entire thing. Maybe this would be a fun trip. Maybe, they could all just have a good time, and no one had to think about the Flight.

"That paperwork isn't going to sort himself," he finally spoke up, not quite looking at her, but offering a small, almost playful smile. "But really though, thanks for the invitation. Sorry to surprise you, G'ar! I hope it's not too inconvenient! I'll follow your lead -- just send us the coordinates if we're not going local."

And with that, he was quick to mount up on Minoth. Part of him hoped they were going somewhere far, where the cold of between would let him clear his head.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:27 am
G'ar was quite glad to have so many bags and items to make sure had stayed attached to Marasemeth's straps when they landed. It meant that he didn't have to make eye contact with K'tos. It was less awkward with Sunny, but only barely, and he wondered at that. Was it because of K'tos' rank? He certainly respected the man. And he definitely wasn't unattractive...aaand there he went again. Mind flashing back to that time, and he nearly swallowed his tongue as Mara took that as a sign to 'encourage' him, radiating happy, flirty feelings and pulling away from Ga'rs checking hands to press his flank to Minoth's as he twisted his tail with Altoth's.

Minoth, you're so sweet! I just know that my G'ar will feel free to relax with you and yours there. Though his heart's gotten all fast and bumpy since he saw him...maybe he's just excited too, haha! I sure am! The whole day with you and Altoth...I'm just the most spoiled blue in all of Western, I think! He leaned the other way to butt his head against Altoth's shoulder now, literally unable to sit still in his excitement. They were all jsut going to have so much fun! Is it time to go? Which way? The same beach we bathe at? Or a new one? He half wanted to ask that they make it a new one, but he could feel the lurking tension in his rider. Maybe if it was a surprise, though...

G'ar had eventually turned to face his 'companions' (for the day, of course!) though his eyes still wanted to dart away, and his cheeks were bright as if he'd already been sunburned. "N-not bad at all, Sunny...!" He paused to clear his throat, cringing internally at the almost strangled sound it'd come out with. "I really do feel better in a group." And a brown like Minoth meant they had a bit more stamina, a calming third head if things got a bit chaotic. Altoth was big next to Marasemeth, but Minoth was bigger still. He fought down the sudden thought that the brown would be useful if either blue fell from the sky, or couldn't climb out of the sea. It was true, but he was trying very hard not to let his fears run away with him again.

"Not inconvenient, no. I understand about the paperwork though..." He did manage an almost rueful smile at Sunny as he too turned to clamber up atop Marasemeth. "I had some I meant to get done too, but someone was just too excited to be denied." Sunny? Altoth? Mara? Probably all of them, really. G'ar'd been sorely outnumbered, but he'd realized that with K'tos along, he'd have someone a bit more in line with his own temperament too. Like his blue, he was starting to see the benefits of multiples...even if it DID leave his ears red and his neck flushed.

Masterharper

DruidTigeress

ShinosBee

Nerd

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:38 pm
If romance wasn't on their minds to begin with, it was hard to avoid it with the way their dragons were acting. Altoth was the very picture of 'lovestruck'. He leaned his head against Marasemeth's as his tail curled around the other's. Sunny had always known her big blue love bug had a thing for G'ar's dragon, but in recent days he seemed to be a lot more overt about it. Though she personally couldn't understand how anyone wouldn't love her darling blue, she was relieved to see that the feelings seemed to be at least somewhat mutual. And Altoth, who was never far from joy to begin with, seemed to be simply radiating it these days.

Minoth was a bit more of a surprise. She couldn't say she saw that one coming. Still, the way Altoth's eyes whirred blue with delight when the brown spoke to them were enough to make his feelings clear enough. Minoth, you're too kind. Altoth said, though he was practically glowing with the compliment. I'm so glad you could come. It will be all the more fun with you there.

"I thought you might, my lovely worrybug." she teased with a wink. Then she gave another playful nudge to K'tos's arm before climbing back on Altoth. "If you're talking about me, I'll take that as a compliment!" she said to G'ar, grinning, as the two of them continued to mumble away about their silly paperwork. Couldn't they see it was a lovely day outside? Salva was getting excited now too. The chance to take Marasemeth out, to see G'ar outside his dark weyr, to drag K'tos away from his paperwork.. It was a rare moment indeed.

"Alright, I already have the perfect place in mind!" she said, having already been told by Altoth to make sure it was a new one. If his friend desired it, even a little, of course she could do nothing but oblige. Black Sands beach might be nice. It was so beautiful this time of year.. and any time of year, really. But she felt like they (by which she mostly meant G'ar) would prefer somewhere a little less crowded. Fortunately, there was little of the Western coast the pair hadn't seen at some point during their travels. Plucking up a beach that was warm, calm, quiet, but not too far from civilization, from her memory, she passed the image on through Altoth to the others. "Follow me boys. This'll be fun, I promise!"

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games