Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:42 pm
User Image

The moon was beginning to fall in the sky and Ukulwa found herself yawning. The day was nearly done and she was about ready to retire for a days sleep. Before that happened she wanted to seek out Jitu, they could walk home together. She found those were the nights she enjoyed the most - getting a chance to walk with him through their home lands and getting cozy in their den. Things were much more calm now, from her perspective, then they had been and so she wanted to take advantage of that at every turn.

For now she continued he walk, all the while still seeking out her dark companion.

mouselet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been a good day for hunting and Jitu felt pleasantly tired as a result. Not exhausted, not by a long shot, but tired enough to slepe well tonight. He could understand why the Queen was looking for more Hunt Leaders though - there were so very many who served the pride as Hunters and Huntresses that it was nigh impossible to know each and every lion.

Being rogue-born, Jitu certainly couldn't claim to know them all.

The lion shook his head as reflected, again, on how very much the Mwezi-Johari had changed since he first joined. Normally he didn't advocate killing and murder, but Shangyue had been a particularly awful person from what he'd gathered and th epride was far better off without him.

It seemed a lot of other lions agreed with that assessment, if the population surge was anything to go by. A faint smile graced his lips at the thought as Jitu's eye came to rest upon his own beautiful mate, little more than a darkness against the brilliant sunset.

"Good evening, my lady," he said, offering her an only slightly ironic bow.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:10 pm
The weariness of the day lifted from her as she caught sight of her mate. Jitu always seemed to stir up what energy she had left when she saw him no matter what time of the day it was. The way she felt put a little bounce to her step, she simply felt much lighter of her feet. Of course it did help that a lot of the darkness in the pride had ceased following the death of Shangyue. Ukulwa could appreciate the need to remove him. Especially considering how much life it brought back.

"Good evening." A faintly detectable blush poured over her cheeks at the formality. "How was your hunt?" She offered the question as smoothly as she could while sorting out her blush. Her own hunting party had done well enough. She could only assume his had done well as well, but she would rather hear it from him. With the pride growing it'd be necessary to ensure that the hunts were continuing to go well or there'd be concerns about the ability to feed a growing pride. This was always in the back of her mind, even if it wasn't a present issue.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:14 pm
"We brought back a good amount of food," he replied. "Though I'd guess there's not much left, what with all the hungry mouths." It never ceased to amaze Jitu just how much food a young and growing lion could put away. There were so many youngsters lately that the hunting parties were kept quite busy.

It was enough to make a grown adult faintly nauseated at the thought of eating, actually. Kids had no table manners at the best of times.

"And what of yours?" the male continued, turning the focus of their conversation back to Ukulwa.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:24 pm
"That's good." She remarked. "You're probably right. The way the cubs have been eating they'll eat us out of den and home in no time." She laughed out loud at the thought of it. Perhaps hunting needing more attention was a bigger concern then she had thought. It was no wonder the Queen was enticing others to become Hunt Leaders. The need for more would become incredible over time if the pride continued at its current pace.

Ukulwa knew that cubs were a good thing though. She recalled finding out that her brother was expecting. They'd had a healthy litter of cubs and so seemed to begin the flourish of the entire pride. Now it seemed that most adults couldn't go a few paces without being interrupted by questions or some form of tackle. She considered the cubs to be the true sign that the pride had found a happier time. Everyone just seemed that more relaxed and carefree.

"Good enough for now. We brought back a fair amount this time. Like you said though.. who knows if it has already been eaten. Have you considered becoming a Hunt Leader?" She was curious to know his thoughts. Perhaps his time in the rogue lands would help him help the pride. She'd thought about the rank herself, but she lacked confidence in moving up even if she had confidence in her current position.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:30 pm
"Me? Nah," the male shrugged off the question. "I'm fine where I am. I don't need to be important or have power. Think of all the time I can spend with...you, instead," he pointed out. Jitu had almost said "my family" but that wouldn't really be accurate since the only lion he had any connection to was here, next to him. She had family. His was...well, the less said, the better.

Hmmm. What if they made a family? But no, he didn't want to suggest it. Not if Ukulwa wasn't ready.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:40 pm
He'd made a fair point. The point had wiped away the thoughts of trying from her mind. They were young and in the throws of all the cubs that were around she did find herself feeling inclined towards finally settling down herself. Never one to shy away from saying what was on her mind she immediately shot out a question. "Do you think it's safe to start a family of our own? I mean.. the pride seems stable again, we would have plenty of time to spare to raise a fine family." Her tone was mildly stressed, but hints of excitement bubbled through as well. She'd been concerned about the prides state, the way things had been headed would have been an awful time to bring cubs into the world. Raising them now, however, would be an entirely different story. She was sure Jitu understood her desire not to start a family earlier on.

The only concern she steadily faced was whether or not there would be enough food, but that would solve itself if the good weather maintained and the cycle of prey animals returned each season like they should.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:43 pm
"Ah...you...want to? Have cubs?" Jitu replied inelegantly. He'd been thinking about it more of late, but hadn't wanted to pressure his mate in any way. After all, she was the lioness in the pairing and so until they were born, most of the stress of having cubs would lie on her. He couldn't, in good conscience, rush her decision, regardless of what his personal preferences were.

"I, ah, only if you want to, of course," the lion told her.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:53 pm
This was likely a perfect example of why she'd appreciated Jitu nearly immediately. Ukulwa always felt so highly regarded and respected by him that she never felt compelled to hide her feelings or keep secrets. She smiled warmly and found a lot more confidence in what she wanted when he left the decision to her - in reality she understood why. The thought of having her body savagely taken over by the greatest little gifts would be a tough go, but she was sure they could handle this. "Yes, I think I'd like to start our family now." The stressed tones had dissipated. Not that she didn't carry any worries anymore, but she felt ready now, more so than ever.

"We'd be such great parents. Don't you think?" She was imagining their future together. "They will be able to learn so much - both from their home and your old home." She hadn't pressed about his past - primarily his own family - if he hadn't been interested in talking about it then she wouldn't force him. "You're sure to have some tricks that we don't know about." She teased him lightly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:58 pm
Jitu was...not comfortable talking about his past. His life before meeting Ukulwa. He preferred to pretend it didn't exist, that there had been nothing before her. The adult lion squirmed slightly before replying.

"You'll be the best mother in the whole pride," he told his mate. "Maybe...we should spend tonight working on this?" A wicked twinkle lit Jitu's eye as he pulled a smile out to dazzle Ukulwa with.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:14 pm
The squirm didn't go unnoticed. Ukulwa almost felt bad for bringing it up, but she had meant it. There were things he'd be able to share that she would not.

A blush erupted on her cheeks as he paid her the most precious compliment. "Well I don't know about the best.." She admitted with a warm chuckle. Then her eyes widened a small amount. "I don't think I could ever say no to that smile." She flashed a smile of her own and started towards the den with the assumption he wasn't far behind her.

[Fin~]

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff