Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:28 pm
Badru pounced after the firefly that was floating through the air, just barely managing to keep up with it as it fluttered along. He'd lose it for a few moments in the dark before it lit up again, at which point he'd bound after it. Then it would go dark, he'd go still, and a few seconds later it repeated all over again. It was a fun little game to play when he was away from his siblings and parents and he almost always got the bug in the end. Sometimes they flew up too high for him to reach and other times he got bored, but most of the time he'd pounce and catch the little critter between his paws...and then let it go, of course!

"Ha...almost got you that time!" he told the bug as he took a swipe at it. The breeze made the firefly spin out a bit, falling towards the earth, but it righted itself and flew along as if nothing was wrong. Thankfully it wasn't smart enough to notice the cub chasing it.  
Po had noticed the cub before Kahini and allowed her to continue resting where she was. They weren't but taking a nap and he had woken up before her, like usual. He typically watched her sleep a little bit before waking her. His attentions were on the cub and he couldn't help but grin widely at his antics. He was a distance away that he wasn't overly loud, about normal for a cub. Giving a warm chuckle he took a leg and carefully nudge Kahini's.

"Look."

Feeling the nudge she stirred and took a moment to wake up and rubbed her face with her paw. Following his gaze she spotted the cub not too far away, what was it doing? Oh, it was chasing a firefly. "You almost had it." She called out with a warm chuckle when it was apparent the cub didn't know they were there, not too far away. Watching him.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Badru didn't realize he was getting a bit close to two dozing lions until one of them called out to him. He paused in his romping and turned, eyes seeking the voice, and when he spotted the two lions he gave up chase of the bug and darted over to them immediately. He had a smile on his face and the eager look in his eyes made it clear that he was delighted to have someone to talk to.

"Sorry if I woke you," he said quickly despite his delight. "I didn't even notice you here! I guess I was really focused on that...bug..." Remembering his game, he turned to look over his shoulder, but the bug was long gone. He heaved a sigh but turned to look at the two adults again, perking up slightly. "I'm Badru! Who are you?"  
Po frowned a little, he was hoping the cub would continue his chase but it would seem their words had interupted him. "Oh no, you didn't wake us." She said to him warmly as he looked around for the bug a little bit. "I'm sure you'll get the next one." Po said as the cub turned his attention back towards them. "It's nice to meet you Badru, I'm Pophyrios and this is Kahini."

She stood up to give a quick stretch and then laid back down, a small bit of dust fluffing up around her. "Do you chase them often?" She asked him curiously.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"Oh good. I'd feel pretty badly if I did," the little cub said, dragging his paw through the dirt in a sheepish manner. His ears swiveled up at the names, glancing at each lion to put the name to the face. "Po...Pophyrios and...Kahihi," he said, smiling at each in turn. There was a reason the little cub had been selected to start training to become a priest and his genuinely kind, curious, and respectful manner were largely in part to that. He seemed wise beyond his years when it came to things like remembering names and faces and being especially welcoming and gracious to everyone even though he had been born in the high class. Often times those born until the full moon could turn out to be a bit spoiled.

"Only when my siblings don't want to play," he said with a nod. "Usually I can catch them, but sometimes they get away."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 pm
He was certainly cute, and definitely didn't have anything to worry about. She could feel her heart leap in her chest at his actions and how he said their names. She was actually really hoping to have cubs again. It was something she had never talked to Po about, her past families. It was something she just found too hard to bring up and didn't think it was relevant yet. Soon enough she'd let him know about her past, it was just not something she wanted to revisit anytime soon. "I remember how that was when I was a cub. Siblings not wanting to play so you have to be creative." She said with a chuckle.

So she had siblings? He didn't know that, though he hadn't pressed the issue of her family and if she had any. "What do you do with them once you catch them?" Po asked curiously.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 pm
"Yeah. Most of the time they do, but sometimes they play too rough for me," Badru said with a little shrug of his shoulder. He was a lover, not a fighter, just like his father. Once things started involving needle-sharp teeth and claws he was always out and off to find his own, calm fun.

The question made him tilt his head towards Po and he gave the purple male a grin. "I let them go so I can play again if I caught them really fast. Otherwise I just go back home," he said with a little nod. One time he'd chased a firefly so far that his mother had gone looking for him out of concern when he hadn't returned to the den after a while. "Once I squished one," he added a bit mournfully. "I'm extra careful now.'  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:41 pm
"That's understandable." She said watching him as he spoke, his mannerisms and expressions. She was usually more of a watcher than a talker anyway, but she had a soft spot for cubs. When he mentioned letting them go so that he can catch them again the male gave a chuckle. "That's good, It would be quite dull if you kept them all. Then what would you catch?" It was more of a rhetorical sort of statement but he was almost certain the cub might respond with butterflies or something of the like.

"How many siblings do you have?" Kahini asked with a small flick of her tail against the ground behind her. When he mentioned accidentally squishing one she let out a small gasp. "Oh no, that must of been awful." She gave a small frown, poor cub.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:58 pm
"Yeah...I don't know," he said truthfully. Fireflies were easy to see at night because they lit up, but there were other loud bugs tha the could probably chase by sound alone if he had to. The question made him turn back to Kahini with a grin. "Five! I'm the youngest," he added with a little nod. "Maybe that's why I don't like how rough my siblings play sometimes."

Something caught his eye and he glanced to his left, delighted to see the firefly back for a second round. "Oh! Oh! There it is!" He pounced after it just as it went dark and he froze, looking around. It lit up again off in the direction he had been heading in originally, so he turned and gave a little wave to the two adults.

"Nice meeting you! I'm gonna go get it!' he said with a grin before dashing off after the bug.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:00 pm
"The youngest of five, that's Impressive." He said with a broad grin. The two of them watched as the lightning bug popped back up and the cub was in hot persuit. "You'll get him this time." She called out reassuringly as they watched him go chase after it.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas