Submit

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The air smelled sweeter today, or maybe it was just the fact Khepri was safe from the night birds that she felt absolutely exuberant.
It took a day or so, but she finally remembered her little friend, the one she'd come to learn was named Faraji and apparently he was a big deal, related to someone very important higher up. Even Father had given her a look of disbelief when she stated she'd met him in the dark of night and he convinced her he would save her from the birds.
To be fair, she had also claimed that the darker birds were more likely to go for her than the lighter ones in a prior conversation with him, and that wasn't exactly the truth. Light goes after light, it's only nature's common sense.
She was on the hunt for Faraji now, because even though she knew his name now through whispers, how could she be sure he knew hers? And maybe she could find his family and see what kind of lions they could be.
He was a lion, right? He had to be. Maybe.
He was a little on the scrawny side, even compared to her tiny self....

She nearly jumped out of her fur when some large object was in her way, and she immediately fluffed up twice her size and stared down the massive creature in disbelief, speaking before she could fathom what the object was.
"DON'T EAT ME!"
She blinked.
Oh... it wasn't a bird.
But it also wasn't a rock of shrub like last time, at least this time she was closer.
This object was alive and breathing. And very white.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:32 pm
User Image

Being Queen was difficult, being a mother was too.. being both was feeling impossible, especially since her spontaneity had put her beloved children into the low class. Kimondo was quick to put on the social mask of pride and acceptance, but in truth it came much slower. Her wonderful sons and daughter were largely to thank for it, she wouldn't trade any of them for the world.

She was having a quiet, lazy day, lounging in the sunshine and thinking about some ideas that had been flitting around her head for a while when very suddenly she felt something gently run into her. She turned to look, expecting to find one of her own little monsters attacking her before she heard the cry.

"Oh my," she said, smiling at the cub, "Are you alright?"

Kimondo remembered this family's arrival in the pride. The three small cubs had made initiating the father difficult, especially when it became apparent he was going to be asleep for a while.

ChezaRain

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:47 pm
All it took was that one smile, and Khepri was instantly fond of the larger lioness, "Oh, yes I'm alright!" She beamed excitedly, half tempted to reach out and brush the attractive fluff at the lionesses' neck.

It took a moment for the thought to pass, but the next thing she knew she was reaching for it, purring audibly. "So preeeetty." She cooed almost maternally,
her attention span as flighty as a smaller creature, and it took only a few beats of her heart for common sense to kick in.

Already touching the soft fur adorning the other lioness, she saw no point in removing herself now as she spoke, "My name is Khepri." She eased herself back slowly, beaming, "I'm looking for um.... OH! Faraji." She had forgotten his name again, she wrinkled her nose lightly, but at least this time she had remembered it rather quickly. Lest she be embarrassed in front of the notably soft lioness.

Her gaze flitted to the sky, seemingly to content herself with the placement of the sun, and she nodded approvingly, "Before it gets dark would be good."

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:05 pm
Kimondo didn't move as the cub went right for the fur she was wearing, already having had this 'fight' before and knowing it was useless, if not entirely unnecessary. The cub didn't seem to remember meeting her before, but that was hardly surprising. There would have been a lot to deal with when joining a pride.

"Khepri," she repeated, "My name is Kimondo."

What Khepri said next surprised the older lioness. Her mind, of course, immediately went to her Faraji but she had to pause to think if there were any others in the pride. She chuckled at the intensity the small cub had about her quest to find her friend before dark.

"Faraji, hm? Little brown fellow, dark eyes?" she asked, looking amused, "Not causing any trouble is he?"

ChezaRain

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm
Her eyes widened dramatically and she sat back on her haunches,
having 'felt up' the fluff to her liking and requiring no further touching, "Does he get in trouble?" To think her little dark knight would be bad!

She quickly shook her head, that notorious smile crossing her face, "He's my hero! He keeps the birds away." She stated matter of factly, her gaze darting to the sky just in case, for any passing scouts she might have missed.

She seemed to remember what Kimondo had just said, and she turned her gaze back to her, "His brown is very soft to look at- Wait, you do know him then!" She was making quite an effort to place Kimondo, but her lack of focus would ultimately have her shake off the feeling of familiarity.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:05 pm
She couldn't help but laugh at the cub's reaction to her question about Faraji being trouble. It was her own little joke, if Khepri could barely remember his name and didn't realize she was talking to the Queen, she was unlikely to realize she had found her hero's mother. He was a throwback to an old line that rarely made an appearance through all the whites, blues and soft browns in the royal line.

"I do know Faraji," she said, "I'm his mother, and I had no idea he was moonlighting as a hero!"

Had he mentioned anything about this? If he had, it had been drowned out in the chaos of their large family. That was too bad.

ChezaRain

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:39 pm
Gaping at the queen, Khepri stuttered, "His m-mother?" Her entire body fluffed up, embarrassed that she'd been caught unawares. She shuffled her feet a minute, but she calmed herself and immediately puffed out her chest.

"Yes, he's very good at protecting me." And she was quite proud of him for that,
considering they were strangers and he'd been more than willing to protect her with little to no effort on her part to ask him to. "I think I will keep him forever."

Of course, with a cub like Khepri, 'forever' could be the next 10 minutes or the next few months, but she was determined to keep him in mind exactly as long as she meant. And surely Forever would be a very, very long time.

No one could doubt that Khepri was a happy cub, rarely ever having a smile on her face. She had another one in place, her eyes dancing as she looked upon Kimondo, "I think you should know that, being his mother. He's a good one to keep."

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:31 pm
The Queen was grateful at that moment that cubs were not so keen at discerning the subtleties of facial expression for an adult would certainly take offense to the fond look she was giving Khepri. She was adorable, and of course a mother liked to hear such high praise for her son.

"I'm happy to hear it, Khepri," she said, "Does he already know about this?"

Faraji had never mentioned his little admirer, it'd be cute to see how he handled it. She had half a mind to take Khepri on an adventure to find the boy herself but perhaps that wasn't the best way to go.

ChexaRain

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:03 am
"Ah... hmmm.... Nope, don't think so yet. Maybe I can tell him today!" She beamed for a moment, before the shadow of doubt crossed her features, "He might not want to be my hero forever."
Her nose wrinkled slightly and she refocused on Kimondo, "If he doesn't wanna,
what do I do?"
The idea of needing a backup hero certainly didn't appeal to Khepri, and she cringed at the mere thought of it.

No, Faraji would just HAVE to accept. Her life was at stake!

Ecavi
I sat myself down and made this happen today. It's overdue.
XD

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff