Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Event Board (No active event.)
Challenge Accepted! - Ter's Labyrinth Run (With Angeal!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 8!

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:01 pm
"Not again..." Keiko whined when she noticed the entrance to the Labyrinth open.

"What's that?" I asked in passing, noticing Keiko's disdain more than the door.

"A really scary place," Keiko said with a gulp. I went through it with Cutie while you were gone, and I only got past the first floor."

"You had a fully evolved Pokemon with you and still had trouble?" I asked, a bit intrigued and a bit wary at the same time.

"Well... she was just a Cutiefly at the time..." Keiko explained. "I mean, she evolved after, but it was really rough..."

That gave me pause for thought, so it was a little bit before I spoke up. "Well, hardship forges the strongest bonds. And I know a certain Pokemon I could a stronger bond with." I grinned, grasping at Angeal's ball.

"Y-you're gonna go?" Keiko asked with a very worried tone, her voice almost squeaking.

I gave the door another look, then shook my head. "Nah, not yet. I'll head to Nebu's and stock up, just in case. I'll have to eat into my immunizer funds, but it might be worth it."

Keiko responded by wrapping me in a tight hug. "Please be careful," she whispered before letting me go.

~*~

Thirty minutes later, a duffel bag full of gear, and an explanation to Angeal later, the two of us stormed the entrance to the Labyrinth, leaving a very worried Keiko behind. Once inside I used my HP Up on Angeal, and shortly afterward, we found a Silver Key lying around, which we immediately picked up.

[Floor 1, Room 1]

Pokemon Info:
Angeal//Torchic: 294344/344 HP | PP: 3/3
Ability: Speed Boost (increases Speed by 1 stage for each new floor entered)
Held Item: None
Evo Points: 17/25

Current Items:
0x Silver Token
Silver Key
Full Restore
Max Revive
HP Up
Adrenaline Orb

Floors Cleared: 0/3
Rooms Cleared, Floor 1: 0/4  
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 15 and 45 ... 40!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:15 pm
"So, what was bosslady's problem?" Angeal asked as we entered our first room.

"She just worries," I shrugged. "Apparently she did the Labyrinth Challenge before and didn't have much luck with it, even though she did use it to evolve a Pokemon,"

"Guess that explains why we're here," Angeal smirked. Or would, if he didn't have a beak for lips.

We continued mucking around the Forest-like room for a while, searching for the exit. Because we were looking at the walls for the door, we didn't notice the Foongus until it coughed up a cloud of spores at Angeal, which made him pretty angry, having him spit a Fire Spin at it - that it easily dodged.

"Alright, Angeal, calm down and focus. Throwing moves around at random won't win you any fights."

Angeal obeyed, using Focus Energy temporarily soothe his nerves. This, unfortunately, left him open to a Mega Drain, but due to his resistance to Grass-type moves, it doesn't do as much damage.

"Alright, use Peck instead of a Fire move. Don't want it shooting more spores and setting the entire room on fire."

"Yeah, fine," Angeal shrugged, not being bothered by a room of fire, himself. He leapt into the air, landing beak-first onto the Foongus, and it fainted from the Flying-type energy Angeal's beak was surrounded in. Not long after that, we found the door and moved on.

Pokemon Info:
Angeal//Torchic: 304/344 HP | PP: 3/3
Ability: Speed Boost (+1 Speed for each floor entered)
Evo Points: 19/25

Current Items:
1x Silver Token
Silver Key
Full Restore
Max Revive
Adrenaline Orb  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 21!

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:55 pm
[Floor 1, Room 2]  
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 20 and 80 ... 64!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 am
I stared at the muck a bit as we entered this marshy room. This wasn't going to be fun. Wasn't about to quit just because of a bit of mud, though. We spent some time progressing through this room when I noticed that Angeal was no longer beside me. As soon as I started looking for him though, a burst of fire exploded in the air. I followed the trail of warmth to Angeal, who was standing over a flattened Goomy.

"Show you to mess with me," Angeal huffed. I had to assume that the Rage Powder he got covered in got the best of him and he took his aggression out on this poor creature. It certainly got a good hit or two judging by the slime in his feathers, but it didn't look like he was gooed up too badly. "You done?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, let's get out of here," Angeal huffed again, though it was clear he wasn't feeling as agitated as before. Fortunately, it didn't take us long to find the exit.

Pokemon Info:
Angeal//Torchic: 240/344 HP | PP: 3/3
Evo Points: 20/25

Current Items:
2x Silver Token
Silver Key
Full Restore
Max Revive
Adrenaline Orb  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 6!

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 am
[Floor 1, Room 3]

The door out of the marshes led to a small hallway with two doors other than the one I took to come here. One of the doors was locked, and from what Nebu told me, this would be Hadj's shop. Seeing as I only had two Silver Tokens, I decided against wasting the key and took the door leading further into the Labyrinth.  
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 20 and 80 ... 55!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 am
"I think I'm starting to see why Keiko didn't like this place," I said to myself as Angeal and I entered this completely inconspicuous room filled with seemingly zero hazards whatsoever. "She said she had some really bad luck with this place, so I can imagine every room was difficult to deal with like that marsh... guess my luck isn't as bad for once."

"As long as I get stronger, I could care less about our luck," Angeal shrugged. Much as I'd like to think this was the Rage Powder speaking, that had already gone through his system. This was just Angeal being moody as usual.

"Fair enough, I guess," I shrugged. "Though saying stuff like that is usually what gets bad luck started"

"Pfft. What's the worst-" Angeal started to say, being interrupted by a Quick Attacking Yungoos.

Angeal stood up quick enough, glaring at the creature when it hissed at him. "You wanna go, buddy? Bring it on. I could use the stress relief.

"Focus, first, and wait for an opening," I told Angeal, not wanting to take any chances.

"And let him Quick Attack me again? Pass." Angeal huffed, before breathing fire at the Yungoos that circled around it, creating a Fire Spin. Yungoos responded by staying still, soaking in the damage by Biding.

"Okay, seriously, you're not going to take it out quick enough if you don't focus," I warned Angeal.

"Yeah, yeah, broken record," Angeal scoffed, despite using Focus Energy after the fact.

"Good. Now Flame Burst. Knock it out," I told him.

Thankfully the damage from the Fire Spin and the Flame Burst was just enough to bring Yungoos under, and we could proceed to the next room.

Pokemon Info:
Angeal//Torchic: 240/344 HP | PP: 3/3
Evo Points: 22/25

Current Items:
3x Silver Token
Silver Key
Full Restore
Max Revive
Adrenaline Orb
Red Shard
Yellow Shard  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 30!

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:44 am
[Floor 1, Room 4]  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:31 am
"Okay, this is creepy," Angeal muttered as we entered a room surrounded by Arbok statues.

"Yeah, this screams trap," I sighed, looking around at the room. "But we can't go around it, so we might as well experiment instead of just running right in. Flame Burst on the statues."

"And that just screams bad idea," Angeal scoffed. "But sod it, you're the boss."

As soon as Angeal's attack hit one of the statues, it exploded, causing a chain reaction that destroyed he lot. The bad news being that Angeal got caught up in some of the blasts and took some damage.

"WHAT DID I SAY!?" Angeal roared after getting up.

"Hey, at least you're not poisoned," I muttered, staring at some of the destroyed statues and the questionable substance dripping off a few of them.

Angeal took a moment to soak in this knowledge. "Oh. Righty-oh, then. Moving on."

And move on we did, on the the next room. As we went, though, I heard a clicking sound and looked down to find a pressure plate underneath my foot. I was instantly glad I did have Angeal blast the statues when I saw this, but didn't spend too much time thinking about it.

Pokemon Info:
Angeal//Torchic: 190/344 HP | PP: 3/3
Evo Points: 22/25

Current Items:
4x Silver Token
Silver Key
Full Restore
Max Revive
Adrenaline Orb
Red Shard
Yellow Shard  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 20 and 90 ... 39!

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:06 am
(Disclaimer - Terashi's ability to sense energy is not completely blocked, but greatly hindered by the bubble of Ghost energy in his head. So if he does sense energy, it means there's a lot of it.)

The next room seemed to be devoid of features, including the way down I was expecting. There didn't even seem to be another door besides the one we came through to get here.

"Dead end, huh?" Angeal asked, offering a shrug of his wings. "Guess we beat the maze. Wasn't that hard. Only four rooms? Not much of a maze if you ask me."

"Yeah, this doesn't feel right," I agreed. "Keep your eyes peeled."

"Ain't got no flying-types on ya, huh? We could probably fly out that hole in the ceiling," Angeal asked, looking up at said hole the second a Gumshoos with a powerful aura fell out of it and into the room.

"That'd probably end badly if this thing is any indication," I cringed. I didn't recognize the energy it was emitting, but it certainly had power. "We're going to need to beat this thing if we want to get back to finding a way to progress."

"Done deal," Angeal smirked (or he would if he didn't have a beak), immediately spitting a Flame Burst at the Gumshoos that it mostly just shook off. Before Angeal could respond, the Totem Gumshoos leapt at him, knocking him back with a powerful Take Down. "~/~ ow!"

"This thing isn't like the others," I told Angeal, referring to the Pokemon we'd fought in the Labyrinth. I felt my Trainer's blood boiling as I stared down this beast. "Looks like we've got a real battle on our hands."

"Right. Taking you seriously, then," Angeal huffed, pumping his muscles and his concentration with Focus Energy. I smirked, thinking it was nice to not have to tell a Pokemon to focus at the start of every fight, but I immediately dropped that thought as it made me think of how much I missed Samurai.

Gumshoos went for another Take Down, which Angeal responded to by leaping over it, using Scratch on its back as he did so. The energy released with that move made it seem more like Slash, though, and that's when I saw it. The energy Angeal was giving off. This wasn't the result of Focus Energy, no.

He was close to evolving.

Excited as I was, I almost didn't notice when Gumshoos lunged at Angeal with Bite. Angeal did see this, and managed to get out of the way, but only barely. "Geez, but that jaw is too strong!" Angeal griped.

This convinced me to pull out my SNAG and use its Pokedex feature. "This thing has Strong Jaw as an ability. Moves like that will do more damage, so watch his mouth!"

"Thanks for the heads up, Boss!" Angeal said only slightly sarcastically. He couldn't focus on me for too long as he had to dodge a Hyper Fang, but he managed this a bit easier, spitting another Flame Burst at it.

And this was about the time I got tired of backseat Training. "Try trapping it with Fire Spin, I told Angeal, looking for any advantage we could get.

Angeal complied, spitting fire that encircled the Gumshoos, only to walk out of the inferno. Not undamaged, but still quite a feat.

"Any more bright ideas?" Angeal huffed, though he was immediately put on the defensive when Gumshoos roared, striking at him with Crunch. Angeal flinched, and Flying-type energy exploded from his wings, knocking Gumshoos attack back on it. This knocked Gumshoos against the wall, knocking the wall down and revealing a passage.

"That works," I sighed, feeling tension fade as Gumshoos fainted, the powerful aura around it fading.

"Right?" Angeal huffed, breathing heavily. "The hell even was that?"

"Dunno," I shrugged. "Never seen a move knock another Pokemon's attack back at them. Counter works the same way, maybe Mirror Coat, too. That wasn't Fighting or Psychic energy, though." With that, I aimed my SNAG at Angeal. "...Mirror Move. ...huh. Works, I guess."

"Well, one floor down, two to go, right? Dunno what Bosslady was freaking out about. Hasn't been too rough so - why am I shining?"

Angeal looked down at himself as he asked this, his body emitting a great deal of light. I had to close my eyes to keep from being blinded, but when I was able to open them again, it was not a Torchic that stood before me.

"Oh, HELL YES!" the Combusken before me cawed, flexing the muscles on his elongated arms.

I smirked at the new Angeal and put my SNAG away, patting him on the shoulder. "One down, one to go. Well, two floors left, right? Let's go get you Blaziken."

Angeal was a bit saddened as he heard this because he was rubbing his head, noticing that he was still sans crest. He cheered up when he realized what I said, though, following me to the next area. "Yeah, let's kick this Labyrinth's ~/~!"

Pokemon Info:
Angeal//Torchic: 151/344 HP | PP: 3/3
Evo Points: 26/25

Current Items:
5x Silver Token
Silver Key
Full Restore
Max Revive
Adrenaline Orb
Red Shard
Yellow Shard  
Event Board (No active event.)

Manage Your Items