Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The bird clan was on the move to the Stargrove, where the start of the festival would take place in a couple week's time. The festival was always a happy time, where new and old connections were made, and the strength of the Ela'wadiyi was celebrated. In the past, Dohi was swept up in the magic of the festival, and always looked forward to the entire month that the pride celebrated life. This year would be different for her. The storm currently taking place in the alu'nadi's heart was a tumultuous one. She was the clan mother, the matriarch of her clan and meant to be the guiding figure to keep her clan together, supportive, and strong.

But really, the only thing she wanted to do was strangle Ukahada Waya the moment she laid eyes on him. And that would be a terrible example of an alu'nadi, let alone daughter of the wanidatsi.

Just hearing any mention of the wolf clan was like a stab in her gut. She knew that she shouldn't completely place the blame on their nvwati, but she couldn't release the bitterness of her sister abandoning her from her heart. There was no Yinehi to demand answers from, there was no Yinehi to cry to. In truth, Dohi didn't even know if her sister was even alive. She could count the amount of native Ela'wadiyi that left the pride on one paw; was it even possible to survive outside of the clan structure?

Caught up in her thoughts, it took about two hours of walking near them that she realized the bird clan was starting to cross paths with the earth clan. She breathed a sigh of relief when she realized this. The bird clan had always had a good connection to the earth clan, as her grandfather had a hand in helping to train and support their nvwati after it nearly died out. That closeness had ebbed a bit over time, but Dohi was grateful that it was still there.

Perhaps, instead of letting herself drown in her thoughts, she would see how the earth clan was fairing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:41 am
User Image

The Earth Clan was on the move for the Stargrove for yet another festival. It was probably Gadane's favorite migration because the festival was always something fun to look forward to. Life in the clan was generally quiet and predictable, which was a perfectly fine way for life to be.. but even that wasn't usually enough excitement for the usually quiet and hard-working Dhatri son.

The clan had stopped for the day and he was among the few who decided to scout ahead to see where they were in relation to any other clans. If they had their timing right, the Bird or Shadow clans would be nearby. And as luck would have it, Gadane chose just the right direction to go to spot the Bird Clan and the wandering alu'nadi.

He didn't think twice about heading in her direction, though he didn't realize it was the clan's alu'nadi. No harm in checking in with another clan while they all headed to the same place, after all.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:49 am
Once Dohi realized that someone was walking towards her, a mixture of emotions swelled within her again. Though the old practice and beliefs of the pride were diminishing with ever new generation, she still felt a twinge of jealousy at how pale his mane and coat were. He may not be pure white underneath his herb-coloured tattoos, but he was nearly the polar opposite of her dark coat.

Still...he was a stranger, and this was something that she shouldn't hold against him, or even hold against herself.

"Hello," she offered to the approaching lion, letting her own pace slow from a brisk walk to stop before he reached her. "I think I recognize your clan as earth, correct? It is good to see you on your way to the festival on time."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:00 am
Though he couldn't identify the lioness, there was no mistaking her for a member of the Shadow Clan. Something about her screamed Bird Clan. Probably the colors? Something in the back of his mind said he should know more about her than he did, but he set that aside.

"Hello," he responded cheerily when they met, "We are, and you must be from the Bird Clan."

It wasn't so much a question but it should have been. He smiled.

"We wouldn't want to be late for the festival."

He considered joking about his clan not being amongst the known troublemakers around the festival, but that probably wouldn't be appropriate. Especially with a stranger.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:08 am
Dohi laughed. "Yes. Sometimes I would say that its easy to spot us from far away, because of the birds, but they seem pretty quiet today." That, and the birds they helped use for communications weren't always directly hovering over their clan either. Or, well, her grandparents, whenever they decided to show themselves.

With that amusing image leaving her mind, she cringed and laughed again at his other comment. "I don't know...you would think that, but sometimes I feel like there are certain clans that don't take things seriously..." She knew she was making a bit of an unfair jab, but Dohi couldn't help herself.

"Its a pleasure to meet you. I'm not sure if we've crossed paths before. I am Dohi Kanati."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:19 am
Gadane was caught off-guard by jab at 'certain clans' that he could easily guess, especially when it was followed up by an introduction that revealed she was indeed a Kanati. Still, it was along the lines of the joke he had intended to make so he didn't bother hiding a chuckle.

"I don't believe we have," he responded, taking a short, polite bow as he introduced himself, "I'm Gadane Dhatri, it's nice to meet you, Dohi."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:31 am
Dohi's eyes lit up at hearing his surname. "Oh! You're from one of the newer families!" Of course, as soon as that left her mouth she felt a little stupid. "S-sorry. I know that you have the Kidudushi family, but its a little exciting to meet someone from one of the newer, smaller families."

She paused for a moment, shuffling her left forepaw on the ground before continuing. "Just saying that I am a Kanati explains half of my life story before you can even read my tattoos. Assumptions are made, and an expectation is placed on me before I can even begin to carry a conversation sometimes. It isn't really wrong, but something to struggle with at times."

Plus, she felt like everyone knew about Yinehi. Though they didn't look all that similar coat-wise, she was still a Kanati, and a year had been enough time for everyone in the pride to know she had left. Rumors would fly about why, but Dohi had a damn good suspicion as to why she abandoned them all.

"Ah, but regardless, the festival is such a nice change of pace." Great. That was a terrible way to cover up your own insecurities, idiot. Dohi wasn't a bad alu'nadi, but she had a ways to go before becoming a true clan mother.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:43 am
Gadane wasn't surprised or offended when she reacted so strongly to his surname. He was used to being one of the smaller families, though he hadn't thought to appreciate it too much .. but when she explained how being a Kanati affected her, it gave him something to think about. And it made him feel a little guilty for the automatic assumptions he hadn't even realized he made about her when she had introduced herself.

It was probably part of why he'd been caught off guard by her remarking on more careless clans, since it had come from a Kanati.. but he hadn't been consciously thinking about that. And before he had a chance to comment, she had moved the conversation back to the festival.

"It is," he agreed, then bravely pushed back on the surname topic, "It's funny, being one of the smaller families. Did you know, only one of my brothers is married and he married a Ligaiisei girl from the Shadow Clan.. whose father was a Kidudushi."

It was a silly little story, but a funny coincidence. Some families were just so big, this probably happened more than Gadane realized. But then.. so few surnames seemed to move out of their clans, maybe it wasn't that common.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:50 am
Dohi was happy that he had seemed to mostly move past her little outburst, but then he picked it right back up. She still feel shameful for even bringing it up, but at least it was a story about him. This made it easier for her to stop feeling so awful about herself, and think about the complexities of the clans linking to one another.

"Oh my! And in Shadow, too. That must be something. To be with a smaller family, and then marry into a family that is that large...I bet that's something! Do you hear from him often?" The birds didn't usually carry personal messages from family to family, but sometimes during the regular migration months, clans could pass by one another and exchange information.

"Now that I think about it, none of my siblings ever married," she said, ignoring her heart reminding her of Yinehi. "And few of my aunts and uncles did. And yet, because of my father and grandfather, everyone knows the Kanatis."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:02 am
He was pleased she seemed to enjoy his little story, even if there wasn't so much to it. But it did set them onto a rather interesting topic, something that seemed like a common.. occurrence? It wasn't so much an issue, marriage didn't seem to be a high priority on the minds of many second-or-higher generation Ela'wadiyi. Or maybe they treated it with such care and respect that few jumped into it unsure.

Maybe it was a side effect of being divided into clans that rarely crossed paths?

"We don't hear from him terribly often, but we were expecting to find the Shadow Clan along this route, too," he said thoughtfully, circling back on the topic of how few marriages there were, "Nobody seems to be in a rush to get married around here."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:07 am
Dohi smiled. "You'd think that, but let's just see how many couples show up for the Rain Ceremony, deciding that they want to get married." At least they always seemed happy when they had her father marry them together.

"On the bright side, you're sure to see him at the festival! And its so close, too!" It would only take what...another week or more?... to make it to the Stargrove and begin the Sky Festival.

"I'm sure as bird and earth clan, we will end up making the rest of the migration together. Hopefully we can run into shadow somewhere along the way before then!"

And not wolf, thank the stars above.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:17 am
Gadane smiled but he didn't comment on the Rain Ceremony. He.. never really had paid attention to it. His brother didn't get married during a festival and it wasn't something that had been much on his mind either. He'd be surprised if she was right, maybe he ought to pay attention to it this year.

"Yeah," he agreed, "It's a good time to get to catch up with family that's moved out, but it's even better for meeting people outside your clan. Like now. I'm glad we got to chat."

It was mostly pleasant small talk but that was OK. With someone new and interesting, that was plenty.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:39 am
"I agree. Sometimes its nice to gain a different perspective." She knew it would take years, if she ever got over how Yinehi disappeared, but trying to look at the world with someone else's eyes, as simple as it could be, would hopefully help prevent her from doing anything stupid.

"Would you mind helping me find your alu'nadi? I was hoping to speak with her, but I am not very familiar with her." It would be nice to check in with a fellow clan mother, as well as possibly spend a little bit of time with another clan. With the festival approaching, it felt like Yinehi's presence was everywhere except with Dohi.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:46 am
"Sure," Gadane said, turning himself around to look back in the direction he had come from, "It's a bit of a walk still but not as much as it would normally be. Tiponi should be easy to find, she won't be one of the ones who spread out to see who else was around."

The Earth Clan's young alu'nadi.. perhaps a sign they weren't really such a trouble-free bunch but the Ayatadoli girl being named alu'nadi had hardly been preceded or followed by any particular drama. It was a quiet shift and it seemed to be serving the clan well enough.

"Follow me," he said, leading the way.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out