Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:35 pm
User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:36 pm
Drakma was a bit surprised that his new friend had decided to take him up on his offer so quickly. Not that he minded, he was quite taken with her oblivious but innocent personality. He just thought she would require a bit more of a push to take the leap. But it mattered not now, as she walked slowly beside him, talking about where she came from and what she had to do to get where she was. It seemed she had overcome a lot to get where she was, something she seemed to be quite proud of, and of course he was quite proud of her himself. Someone who overcame so much, to get so far ... well they deserved at least a little adoration, and he was glad to be the one to offer it. "So tell my Bergljot, you managed to sneak your way into one of these 'vikings' and turn it into a success to boot! But what exactly brings you out here alone? You don't seem the type to wanna embrace the elements alone, as it were."

"Well, to be completely truthful with you, I don't really enjoy being out here alone. So when I happened across you and learned you weren't out to harm me, I was quite frankly, relieved. Your company has been a much needed escape for me, and i'm quite grateful you extended the invitation." Bergljot smiled thoughtfully, gently allowing her shoulder to rub against Drakma's in an affectionate way. "I've always held on tight to a fear of the unknown, but being here with you and facing that unknown variable, well, it makes it not so scary anymore."

The male smiled smugly to himself, not realizing just how smug his smile really appeared. He was happy to hear that Bergljot was ... relaxing in his presence. He'd always feared that his burly appearance and toothy grin left others with a tinge of fear. But to hear her say it, he was a breath of fresh air, and she had actually called him that. He felt her light touch, and returned the embrance with a gentle nudge, allowing a slight purr to escape his maw as he did so. "I'm delighted to hear that you're facing your demons with bravery. Though I would be even more delighted to hear that you were facing them with bravery ... alone." He paused a moment, deliberating just how he wanted to word his next comment. "That is to say, you're doing such a good job with others surrounding you. But imagine the progress you could make by doing the same thing ... but alone." He allowed his words the opportunity to sink in before speaking up once again. "Of course it all comes in due time, so don't get any crazy ideas that will land you into trouble. Just take it as it comes, and do what comes naturally. Before you know it, you won't have any demons to chase!" A roaring laugh escaped Drakma's maw as he continued the walk alongside Bergljot, he had to admit, this was turning into an evening he hadn't imagine would occur. But he also had to admit, he wasn't complaining either.

Bergljot listened intently at Drakma's words, she couldn't deny that he was right in a lot of the things he said, but she still feared the day where she would have to face her demons alone. For a brief and fleeting moment, she wished she could have Drakma by her side at all times. But she knew that was something she wouldn't be able to have. It was a shame truly, but what could one do, except accept it for what it was. As Drakma nudged Bergljot on the rear, she paused in her tracks, giddy with glee that he was returning her simple nudge. "Drakma, do you feel that the day really WILL come when i'm am completely able to face my fears alone? You really don't think i'll be crippled by my insecurities forever?"

As the light female paused in her tracks, it took the bigger male a moment to come to a halt to. He was so accustomed to his feet doing all the work, that it took a moment for him to tell his body to chill. After coming to a stop, he looked right into Bergljot's eyes and said, "Why, does your heart fear everything that fully, that the possibility of a free future is that hard to imagine?" His eyes looked saddened at how insecurely the female felt about herself. "You seem like a fine lioness to me, and after speaking with you at length, I don't feel these demons will have hold on you forever. I think a lot of them are built up of these things that can easily be remedied." The male looked up from under his eyes to see the female staring at him in the most intriguing way. She seemed quite surprised by his words, and that took him by surprise.

"I never really thought of it that way, I guess I have a lot of things left to work on, don't I?" Her voice sounded hopeful, but still held a note of disappointment within it. She didn't really want to think of all the things she would have to work on in order to get over all fo the things that held her back. But she also felt like, if she met others like Drakma, perhaps she would have an easier time letting go of her insecurities. As she thought on it, she began to think back to her meeting with Vaatia, he had been a horrifying lion to accidentally bump into at first. But even as they talked, she could feel certain levels of her terrors ebb off and disappear. The more he talked, and got her talking the less fear she felt as she began to get to know him. But even as she began to feel her fears escaping, he would scare her back into submission. He was definitely not the breath of fresh air that Drakma was, but she couldn't exclude him from having been one of the first lions she was able to ease her tensions around.

"I wouldn't say you have a lot to work on. It seems most of your problems revolve around the same issues. It shouldn't be too hard to work past them once you are able to single out the major factors." The male lifted heavy paw and placed it on Bergljot's shoulder. "Don't you worry your mind over it now, just relax and let it happen as fate allows." Allowing his paw to lower from her shoulder, he smiled and cleared his throat. "Now, how about we get you back to your errr.. Captain? Isn't that what you called him?"

Bergljot laughed at Drakma's confusion over what a Captain was. She had explained it to him, much like she had explained it to Vaatia. Only Drakma seemed to not be bothered so much about certain factors, very much unlike Vaatia. Though she couldn't blame him for how he felt about the issue. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me." She mumbled, turning back to face the way they had came.

WORD COUNT: 1247

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers