Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:16 pm
Amaris wasn't much older but she had filled out a bit more in the short amount of time she'd been in the pride. She was feeling light as a feather at the moment since she had officially signed up for the sky festival and she was hoping to locate the familiar face of Kalju. While he was noticeably older than her it didn't bother her really.

She wondered if he signed up, she didn't think he had given their conversation in the past. Still, she wanted to let him know she had signed up and that she'd be looking for him from the spectator stands.

This place wasn't that large but still, trying to find the male was a little difficult given she didn't know where he liked to hang out just yet. Maybe she should check his den.

Felyn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:32 pm
It could have been luck that had Kalju crossing paths with the younger female again so soon - or maybe just the fact that the sky festival brought lions together in greater mass than was usual for their pride. Whatever the case, he noticed her where she stood immediately, and a pleasant smile pulled across his mug. He wasn't the most sociable of lions but it wasn't because he had a lack of manners - he was just quiet and shy. That changed, a little, when he knew someone nearby.

"Amaris!"

His deep voice carried past the few lions milling about - they glanced at him and then went about their business, dismissing the typically quiet stranger. Unperturbed, he made a beeline for the younger lioness, carrying himself forward with a passive gait.

"I thought I might see you at the festival this year."

AstoriaFallen

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:40 pm
Felyn

It wasn't log into her search that a familiar sound cut through the air and she turned to look upon the earthy colored male. Giving him a wide smile she changed her course and moved towards him.

"How are you this morning Kalju?" She asked as she grew close enough to speak comfortably with him.

She was hoping that the festivities would have gotten them to cross paths a few times and so here they were.

"Are you going to participate? I've signed up already. Still waiting to find out who I'm dueling." She said hoping she did well at least.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:32 pm
"I'm quite alright, Amaris," he replied politely, smiling as he did so. For one who was not so used to friends or conversation he was at least very glad that she seemed to always be such a bright ray of sunshine. It went a long way to keep him comfortable even if he didn't admit to such.

"Oh, the sparring?" His words faded to a chuckle and he shook his great white mane, letting it toss haphazardly about this dusty brown face. "No, no. I'm not any more willing this year than I was the last, or the year before that, or the year before that.."

The words trailed off playfully as he sat, tucking his tail around him in the same motion.

"I will come cheer you on, though, if you would like that? I hope you win, whoever it is."

AstoriaFallen

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:23 pm
Felyn

She was glad to hear that he was doing well. She figured he wouldn't have signed up, she had remembered him saying he wasn't much of a fighter. Which she liked abut him. Made him like a big fluffy bear. She smiled.

"I would very much like for that." She felt herself just perk up at his offer and she couldn't wipe the smile from her face. "Thank you for offering to do that and I hope I win too. I'm quite nervous about the whole thing." She said being honest about her feelings towards the upcoming match.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:52 am
For a wonder, Kalju felt a soft pluck of sympathy as she gave voice to her worries. That same nervousness was why he never played a part in the duels but even still, he didn't want to show her that. Instead he just smiled and leaned forward enough to nudge her shoulder gently with a paw. It was a touch awkward from such a socially inept lion but it was meant to be comforting, at least. He hoped it helped.

"You've got nothing to worry about. We aren't a violent pride, it's just a test of skill and I know you've got enough fire in your heart to want to prove yourself. Just do your best, okay?"

As his paw dropped, he looked past her to the lions milling about the area. There were so many of them gathered in one place - he always forgot how many their numbers were until he saw them all together. It was easy to dismiss them when they chose to remain as separated as they were usually.

"I'll be waiting to tell you how awesome you are at the end!"

AstoriaFallen

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm
Felyn

His gentle nudge was enough to soothe her worries for the most part. She looked over towards him with gratitude. "Thanks, I appreciate your words. I know it's just a silly tournament but this is the first time I've ever done anything so big..." Aside from leaving her mother and brothers that was.

She still hadn't talked to him about that. Not yet anyway. She would one day.

"Even if I lose?" She teased and gave him a small nudge with her paw, a sly grin upon her face. She figured she would just give it her all, because that was all she really could do. She just wanted to be able to at least make a name for herself in some way. Show that she was valued and could do great things.

Not that winning a duel would be considered great.

"I'll definitely be looking for you in the stands." She was certain he'd stand out, hopefully. She hadn't really seen everyone together yet. He might blend in very easily.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:47 am
Even if I lose?

Her words and the nudge of her paw brought a smile to his face but instead of dismissing it with a playful laugh, he just shook his head at her.

"Of course. Even if you lose, you're still trying aren't you?" He pushed himself up to his feet, all of his bulky weight balanced gracefully on four paws. If he'd ever had the mind for it, he probably would have been a decent warrior. His father was a rogue and he'd been taught how to survive after all. It just wasn't in his heart. "There's lions like me sitting on the side just watching - anything you manage will be great, Amaris."

He did chuckle then, deep and rumbling, filled with all the amused wisdom an older lion had earned in his lifetime. She was a bright little light, he had to say.

"I'll be there, I promise."

AstoriaFallen

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 am
Felyn

"You do have a point." Grinning she was pleased to at least have one familiar face in the crowd to look forward to. "I hope I just don't make a fool of myself." Frowning for a moment she shook the thought from her head. She would do fine. Plus if not she could still celebrate with him afterwards.

"Well, I suppose we should head that way. It'll be starting soon." She gave him a wink and got up from her seated position. "I wonder who all will be joining this year." Little did she know her brother would soon be joining her. "Shall we head that way?" She offered.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:21 pm
"There is no way you could make a fool of yourself, Amaris," he chimed, immediate and pleasant and so very full of confidence for her, "being brave enough to participate means you could never be a fool. There is nothing foolish about trying, only giving up."

He stood as she did, content to let her make the decision without a second guess. The white mane bobbed as he nodded and swept his paw out before him, indicating that very thing.

"Lead the way," the smile on his mug was charming and, for once, not terribly forced. He found that he did actually enjoy her company when he found most others to be overbearing and draining. It was a new feeling.

"I'll be right beside you."

AstoriaFallen
End after yours? <3

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:19 am
Felyn
yes! FIN

She was pleased to hear that he had such high hopes for her. "Thank you."

Her heart just swelled with the excitement of having him there cheering for her.

Leading the way she moved towards the tournament.  
[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games