[PRP] Purples and Greens [Chu x Karpos]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:06 pm
Karpos had managed to meet a few friendly faces with in the pride which made her feel a little more at home but she couldn't help but feel she still wasn't fully apart of the pride. The lack of family maybe but even in her last pride she hadn't had much in the way of family. Other pride members had opened up to her and let her in their lifes a little more she supposed. Maybe she didn't really belong in a pride and it was a stupid mistake despite the food being a lot easier to come by.

The purple lioness was feeling at a loss. She was angry at her self for not appreciating the wonderful pride she was in.

It was nice not to have to scrape by for food and fight for a safe place to sleep at night. Her last pride also offered these things and it was possible this pride would end up being past tense as well.

What a weird way of thinking. The purple lioness couldn't help but feel, well, a little empty in a way she hadn't before. Was it possible she wanted cubs? Would cubs fix this? Would she have a sense of purpose if she had cubs? Lionesses with cubs seemed really fulfilled. Every mother she had spoken to seemed to have their lives together. She was ready to have them if she wanted to but did she want to?

The purple lioness sat in thought upon a rock. Her features distorted in a sort of dreamy thoughtful way as she dived deeper in to her mind.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:22 pm
It was a beautiful day. Often times, Chu'mana didn't really worry about trotting around outside. She was too old for it. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy life anymore. She did! She enjoyed every waking moment of it. She was simply old. Nothing more to it. Her body was slowly failing her. It was no longer springy and spry. It couldn't leap amazing bounds in a hunt or in a simple game. Slow had become it's thing, and it was something that had just become second nature to her. She knew her days were numbered, but it didn't bother her.

A small smile appeared on her maw as her yellow orbs caught the sight of something purple. A lioness she assumed was sitting off a little ways from her, seemingly staring off into nothingness. It was a pose that Chu herself often had taken in her younger years. Even in her old age though, her curiosity was getting the better of her. She padded over, gently calling out so as not to alarm the other lioness.

"Hello? Dearie?"

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:27 pm
A voice behind her nearly had the younger purple lioness jump out of her skin. She managed a mere flinch but to Karpos it felt like a bigger reaction. Her heart still racing and her brain still piecing together the voice she heard behind her the lioness turned her head to find an older lioness with a pretty green pelt.

Karpos blinked her mind and heart still racing a million miles. A bit of surprise and a bit of social anxiety mixed in for a moment before she found her self smiling out of politeness.

"Oh," She exhaled a sigh of relief, "So sorry. Hello. Uhhh," There was a pause, "I am so sorry. I don't believe we've met before this. My names Karpos. I am a tad new to this pride." Well it had been a couple of months. It wasn't like she didn't know the ropes.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:55 pm
The old green lioness noticed the startle from the purple pelted stranger. That had not been her intention of course, but when one was deep in thought like this young lady had appeared, it was easy to be overwhelmed by something so sudden. She gave the lioness a gentle smile, wrinkles in the corners of her eyes and mouth.

"Hello Karpossss. I'm sorry to have ssstartled you the way that I did." It had been so long since she had really interacted with anyone from not only the pride but in general that she had forgotten about her drawn out S's. She was called the snake maiden for a reason. Hopefully, her odd speech wouldn't scare off this newcomer. "I am Chu'mana. It'sss a pleasure to meet you." She smiled gently again, slowly sitting her old haunches down upon the ground.

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:01 pm
Lady Kitania

Karpos gave the older lioness a wider smile. She could tell she was truly sorry when there really was no reason to be. Karpos decided not to start an apology war and instead hopped down from her boulder to sit beside the older green lioness. There was something warm about her that Karpos couldn't fully explain but it was welcoming and Karpos liked that.

"I'm fine I get jumpy when I'm deep in thought," She let out a sigh, "I'm fine though. It's also a pleasure to meet you. I'm sorry you caught me at an awkward moment... Just ... kind of thinking about things...." She felt oddly calm so her mouth kept moving ," Do you have cubs?"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:13 pm
Karpos' question was sudden, but not unexpected. Chu knew that cub fever look in another lioness' eye, and this purple gal definitely had it. She nodded slowly, her tail wrapping around her legs, a more comforting feeling for her than her legs being bare. "I do, dear. I do. Four of them. Wonderful cubs. Well, not cubs anymore, but always cubs in my heart. Why do you ask?"

She missed the days of her children romping around. They were all green pelted, just like her and her mate. Sadly though, all had now moved on. Even her only son didn't come around as much anymore. She couldn't blame him of course. He had a whole life to live! Still, she often thought of her younger days and wished she could relive them. What a treat that would be.

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:17 pm
The lioness felt a little silly and bashful now that she was asking for real. It was nice that this lioness did have a family though so she'd probably be able to answer her questions. At least Karpos hoped.

"S-sorry. It's that I am curious about mother hood. It's really awkward to ask..." She bit her lip. This was a hard thing for her to really admit, "I think I want some cubs but I suppose I am a little...... I go back and forth on this ...... But I think this is probably a great pride to raise them and..." What was she yammering about? Karpos wasn't exactly sure.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:23 pm
The blinding green lioness nodded slowly, her smile still clear on her old maw. She knew of the problem that Karpos was facing. It was one that she had had herself. Having experienced it before, she was glad to be of help.

"Don't be ssssorry, dear. It'sss natural to be both curious and afraid of motherhood. After all, it's for the rest of your life. It'ssss a big decision you know?" She huffed a little bit as she stretched forward and laid down. She didn't mind sitting, but in her old age, her joints had become stiff, so sitting wasn't the best for her anymore. "The Pridelands are wonderful. It'sss where I decided I wanted to raise my cubs when I was a young lady, such as yourself."

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:31 pm
Lady Kitania

"Did you live in the pridelands all your life?" She looked at the elder lioness with a bit of weakness. She her self had not grown up in the pride. Most of her life she'd spent on her own save when she was part of another pride before landing in this one.

"I know that living in a pride gives a lot of benefits for raising cubs.. Does it make you feel like you belong...?" Even Karpos wasn't fully sure what she meant with that question.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:53 am
Ahhh, the age old question of whether one had lived in a pride all their life or not. It had surely felt like she had, but it was quite the opposite. Chu'mana shook her bright green head. "No dear, not at all. I didn't come to join the Pridelandsss until my adult life. My only reason for doing ssssso was because I wished for a home that would accept me for who I am. Where I am from originally had not been ssso kind." The lionesses gentle smile continue to sit upon her maw. She had no hard feelings about her past life anymore, not with how happy she had become here.

"I feel more like I belong here than I ever did from my original home. I have never once felt like an outssssider or unwanted." Chu paused for a moment. "You are looking to sssstart a family here, yessss?" It was quite obvious to her in what the purple lioness was asking for, but to wanted to have a clear air about it. It was rude to assume such things.

Alpaca Chobi

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:04 pm
Lady Kitania

It was a relief to hear the thoughts of Chu on the pride. For some reason it felt nicer to hear from some one who hadn't had their entire life spent with in the pride. Karpos felt like she could relate and that was important for the purple lioness. She needed to be able to relate to feel a bigger sense of belonging. That was probably what most beings needed was something common to relate with.

"Oh... Yes... I think this would be a good pride to raise cubs in. Nothing seems to really be wrong here which I must admit makes me a tad nervous there is something I don't know or something...." Now she was babbling. "Oh I mean its so nice here that I have a hard time feeling grounded I suppose."

"Cubs would be nice though. I feel a sense of calm here."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:22 pm
The old, neon green pelted lioness smiled, her yellow eyes having a spark to them that hadn't been seen in a couple years at least. It was so nice to hear about others that were similar to her and the way her life used to be, even after all the years and time she had spent here. Some things just never changed, especially out in the rogue lands.

"Don't worry sssso much, dear. The Pridelands are a wonderful place to live. You can raise your cubsss without much worry and the hunting has yet to diminish. I have no doubt you would do a fine job of it too." Chu'mana looked to the sky, noticing that the sky was slowly getting a little bit duller. It had been probably about an hour or two since she had discovered the purple lady and she could feel it in her bones. It would be time to go soon, but not without ending their conversation politely.

Alpaca Chobi

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:56 pm
Lady Kitania

Karpos felt a bit of a swell of pride in her chest. She had also been watching the sky as it dulled.

"Oh it's probably time to get back to the dens. It was lovely talking with you. If you'd like I can walk with you back." Karpos offered.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:14 pm
This purple lioness was sweet. She was going to make a fine mother. Chu'mana knew it. Her ears twitching as she listened to the offer, she shook her head, keeping an old smile on her maw. "No thank you, dearie. I'm a slow and old lioness. I would just drag you down. I can make my way back, no worries. I'm sure my snake buddy will be on his way looking for me any moment now anyhow. He's a worrywart you know." Chu winked and chuckled. The old lioness looked up again, watching as the day turned to dusk, slowly but surely.

"Will you be alright on your own, dear?" She hoped Karpos knew her way back well enough, especially if she was still relatively new here.

Alpaca Chobi

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:37 pm
Lady Kitania

Snake buddy? Karpos had to give a mental thumbs up for that considering the older females marking theme. It would make sense she'd have a snake. Karpos supposed if she had a snake marking she'd do the same.

"Thank you for the worry but I am sure I'll be fine. I'll see you at the dens then." Karpos started back off towards the dens.

(fin)  
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff