Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:03 pm
Mx Cherie

Dorame had been serving drinks most of the night, making sure that people had seen her face and made note of her presence. Meets in secret were nothing new; and whenever one sprung up she liked to make sure she had an alibi. As far as anyone would know she was serving drinks all night and by this time a good majority of the party guests were too intoxicated or tired to realise the pretty woman serving the drinks had disappeared. She had snuck away without saying goodbye, as quiet as a shadow, making sure she was not being followed.

She had been told to arrive at the meeting place in the early hours, but in truth did not know what to expect. After she had finished her apprenticeship she has asked the master to find her a purpose, a circle to join, a mistress to serve. Dorame was admittedly rather surprised by how fast things were moving, and maybe if she was less ambitious it would be enough to scare her. However, she was not afraid, she was; excited and relieved. It was true she had failed to Impress, but she was determined to Impress the woman behind the door.

It was all that mattered now.

So she pulled back the curtain, entering the tent that was far enough off the rest to go unnoticed and undisturbed. The brunette pulled back her hood, standing in the soft glow of the light. And there she was, waiting. The candidate bowed her head slightly, eyes drifting to the floor before raising to look at the older woman. She knew well enough not to speak unless spoken to.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:45 am

And now for the reason Dorame was here. Lady Ink watched the girl as she approached, aware of every break in her cover, of the slink in her step. This one had... potential. Through narrowed purple eyes, she observed the girl, watching as she showed the proper respect. "What do you have for me, my dear?" the woman asked, seated upon a round wooden chair that had no back. This was her throne, her court away from home, where she might interview this child. The glows within the tent illuminated the girl's face, surrounding it in a soft light that made her seem even younger than she surely was.

But one must not let appearances talk. No, this child came highly recommended, and from a source that Ink did not care to disregard. She waited, impassive. There would be time enough to show some small hint of approval, should the girl prove worthy, or displeasure if not. For now, she would learn what her prospective agent had gathered at this event.

Z o m b i k ii

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:52 am
Mx Cherie

Dorame’s eyes caught Ink’s purple pools for a moment, but her gaze soon was directed away from her. What do you have for me, my dear? The woman asked, and Dorame started to walk closer to her, the fabric of her cloak stroking the floor as she moved. She was looking at the woman sat on her ‘throne’ without looking at her face. Ink was beautiful, there was no doubt about that, and there was no doubt the woman knew that too. The brunette could feel her heart flutter; though she was sure it was more from admiration than envy. Dorame very much wanted to be the one sitting in that wooden chair. That day was a long way away though.

When the brunette was close enough, she went down on one knee in a fluid motion, using the opportunity to pull a small dagger from her boot. She held the hilt towards Lady Ink, fingers wrapped around the blade. More ceremonial than practical, Dorame’s master gifted all of his past students trinkets like this one. To remember their training. To remember their time with him.

“I offer you this one, and everything she is, to use how you wish.” She spoke clearly then, submissive but without any doubt to be heard in her tone. It was strange talking about herself in the third person, but she often found it helped. Dorame was a tool and she would be a tool until she was strong enough, powerful enough to be seen as more. A position that she might be in one day, if she kept on the right side of people like Ink.

”And if that is not enough, tell me who’s head my lady desires, and I will bring it to her.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:00 am

A white hand extended, and took that little blade. In a swift motion, the lady sliced her own hand lightly, letting a single drop spill upon the blade. Then, ceremonially, she returned the blade to the one who had offered it to her. "You will kill for me, my nightingale, if I so desire. You will die for me, if you must... though at last resort. If you are caught, you will give nothing up." The blood dotted dagger was to be a symbol of their bond, of the pact that Lady Ink had just made.

"I require no heads this night, but you must watch and listen. And tell me all that you hear." Smoothly, she bound that tiny cut, watching the girl who knelt before her. She would not demand the girl's sacrifice... but it must be known what the job entailed. It was a dangerous position. There were no assurances here. She could not promise it would not end in pain and death.

Z o m b i kii

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:30 am
Mx Cherie

There was a flash of crimson, then Dorame was granted permission to take back her blade. The younger woman brought the steel to her lips, letting the blade enter her mouth and rest in the crease of her tongue. She pulled it back out smoothly, the small amount of Inks blood lingering on her tongue; the tip catching the edge as red dots formed around where it sliced, a coppery taste haunting. The two fluids mixing together. “I will bite off my tongue before a secret escapes my lips.” She nodded her head, though she had no intention of getting caught, nor did she have any plans to die soon. Overconfidence some might say, but this was not a trade you survived in if you did not trust your abilities. Doubt killed more than blades and arrows.

She placed the blade back into the hilt that was hidden in her boot, before her arm came up to rest on her chest, hand in a fist over her heart. “I can be your ears and your eyes if that pleases you. However, most have returned to their quarters at this hour, and the rest are probably too intoxicated for their words to be trusted or useful.” It had been an emotional day for many, and things were beginning to die down. She did not know how fruitful her quest would be, but if the Lady wanted it - Dorame would try. No she would succeed.

“Though, if there is something specific my Lady is seeking; I can accompany someone back to their room and have them whisper me things from their pillow.”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:50 am

Observing the young one, Lady Ink quirked a brow at what might be attributed to insolence. "Is this task beyond your ability to achieve?" For indeed, what Ink wanted, she would get one way or another. If she must accomplish it through other means, she would. But she knew Dorame was willing. "You will stay the night. There is a certain Rivercrest trader among the dwindling crowd. It is his bed that you will share." She paused for a moment, considering the girl. "Then, when you are finished, come to me. I expect a full report on his dealings, such as you are able to uncover."

Gesturing for the girl to stand, the lady took to her own feet. "I have guests to attend to. You are dismissed, my nightingale." She did not say the words, but it was clear from her tone that she expected perfect obedience, and would not be disappointed. This girl would do as she asked, and do it well. Lady Ink had always favored assassins for their commitment to the job. This one would prove no different.

Z o m b i k ii

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:31 pm
Mx Cherie

Dorame felt her jaw tighten; stopping herself from talking back. She was not a spy, a thief or a courtesan, though she would play the role of either if it was asked. Instead, she just lowered her gaze and remained silent as she was given her task to complete. Not how she had been planning to spend tonight and to be frank now how she would choose to spend it. However, she needed to secure this role and would do what needed to be done, without complaint.

She stood up as her Lady gestured, looking upon her eyes for the first time that night. “My Lady.” She bowed her head one more time before she pulled up her hood over her face and turned to leave. Thankfully, the trader was not that hard to find, and luckily enough for the Candidate, he had a belly full of wine. Dorame often wondered why people drank, it made them so vulnerable, then again maybe that was because she was looking at them from the perspective of a predator. Not many chose to see the world like that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a couple of hours later that the brunette returned to the tent. It was very early in the morning, so much so the black sky was starting to turn purple indicating the approaching Dawn. Dorame had not slept at all, and admittedly her body was beginning to feel heavy. Alas, there would be no rest, in a few hours she had to rejoin the rest of the candidates. Still, she knew better to complain.

Instead, she peeked inside the tent, and it seemed that Lady Ink’s guests had gone, or were asleep, as everything seemed very quiet. So she slipped in as quietly as a little bird. Dorame might have been small and slender, but if nothing else she was soft on her feet. It meant when she did pass a body, it did not stir, through that very much could be blamed on the drinks the Lady had been serving.

That was when her gaze caught a figure stood, with piercing purple eyes. She stopped, feeling her body tense. Her fingers fidgeted with the bag around her shoulder, a new addition to her outfit, and, from it, she pulled out a scroll. The assassin slipped to her knee once more, holding the parchment towards Ink

. Dorame had copied all of the dealings from the man’s diary, even his spelling mistakes incase they had another meaning.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Poised, a delicate porcelain cup of tea in hand, the lady returned her cup to its saucer. When the scroll was offered to her, she accepted it. Her eyes scanned its contents, and a flash of rage flared in them before it was smothered. Glancing up from the scroll, she observed her new recruit. "Well done, my nightingale. You have new orders. Kill the one named on this scroll. Bring me his head." The words were whispered, the last hissed softly. A child smuggler working so blatantly!

So boldly. No, he would die. "But first... you will find out what he knows. Everything he knows. And you will do so by whatever means necessary. I will make your excuses... and see to your ride home." Spy work was not so simple as this; there had been many other such trips before now, and at last she knew the culprit's name.

"Do what you do best." Rolling the scroll back up, she slid it into one of her sleeves, where it was concealed within the silken folds. There would be blood for such atrocities. So, the rumors regarding Rivercrest were more substantial than she or her lady had feared. The girl who stood before her had done her a service. "You will be rewarded for this, dear child. When next we meet."

Z o m b i k ii

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:08 pm
Mx Cherie

Dorame could not read the expression that flashed in Ink’s eyes, but she knew enough to divert her gaze. Slowly standing back up and waiting to be instructed once more. When she heard praise, her muscles seemed to visibly relax, the first hurdle she had passed. Alas, there was so much more to come, she already had another task ahead of her. A task that was whispered with enough venom to snap her out of her half asleep state. Suddenly, the young assassin was wide awake.

“Whatever means necessary.” She repeated the words, Dorame had no plan, not yet. However, she was sure she would think of something on the road. When her mind was not so exhausted. Things were moving quickly; all a sudden she was not returning home, but ordered to remain behind to finish the job she had started. A small smirk began to creep onto the girl's lips, the first sign of emotion that had shown in her Lady’s presence.

This is what she wanted.

The ashen-skinned woman nodded her head; before she placed her arm around her waist and gave a low bow. She was not going to let Ink forget about the promise of a reward, and would be sure to collect when she delivered the head. “Until we next meet.” It was her goodbye.

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games