Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[PRP] Birds in the Shade (Talala/Hadharani)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:59 am
For another passage of time, Hadharani had kept from participating in the Sky Ceremony's tournament. While for no specifically given reason, the biggest of reasons was simply that Hadharani had found no reason to prove himself. It was something to watch, to appreciate, but for him, only that. Still, there was some buzz still about, and the Sky Festival itself had been as familiar - as calming - as it always was.

But soon it would be time for the night to fall, and for that amount of time, he wanted to relax - reflect on the day as it had passed so far while progression for the next ceremony was prepared. There was due time for everything, but Hadharani himself found a place to lay out and observe. There would be time for more soon, after all.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:22 am
demon_pachabel

The first round of the Sky Ceremony was over. While normally Ta'la'la found herself away during these festivities (she had already participated one year, and got her fill), but knowing her brother U'no was in it she decided to watch.

Just as she had done, her brother was out after the first found. He was too distracted to battle, and half to blame was his bird bond.

Ta'la'la gave a sympathetic nudge to her brother after the first match, who did not let the lose defeat him. Instead, he and Enzi decided to run off, to discuss the match most likely.

The yellow lioness found herself walking the grounds, looking for familiar (or maybe not so familiar) lions. She had spotted a member of her clan not far off. His name...what was his name again? If she had Aadi with her, she'd probably be reminded. That little genet had a memory like a sponge. Shrugging, she walked towards the resting male.

"Afternoon," she said kindly, a head bowing slightly in greeting. "Did you watch those duels?" Only one of the Bird clan members had made it to round two. With that odds, it was unlikely their clan would get another Sky Champion this year.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:52 am
Another approached his resting place and Hadharani at least rose to a sitting position to greet her with a gentle bow of his head. He recognized her face, but as Ta'la'la didn't remember his name, the same was true of his recollection of hers. "Good afternoon," he greeted in turn as he racked his brain to try and recall her. They were the same clan, he knew at least. While it should have comforted him he remembered that much, it instead made him kick himself internally that he didn't remember more.

"I did watch. We had some very capable warriors participate again this year," he mused. After a moment, he sighed. "I'm going to make a fool of myself and admit that while I recognize your face, the more I try to recall your name, the less it seems inclined to come to me," he admitted almost sheepishly. "I am Hadharani," he introduced, "of the Ata'diusi family," though it had been some time since his family had been gathered together.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:05 am
demon_pachabel

"That makes two of us," Ta'la'la chuckled. "If Aadi was here, she'd remind me of your name too. She remembers everything.

"I am "Ta'la'la, of the Kanesda family." She introduced. Her parents were two rogues that had joined many years ago. While her family may have not been well known in the pride, her father was the only blind lion in the clan.

"I agree. I'm pretty excited to see who are winner will be this year, but it looks like if our clan only has Paropakari to route for." The lioness would continue to cheer for her own clan, until he too was knocked out (or won), then she'd find another to cheer for. Maybe the Wolf clan? She really needed to mingle with other clans to know about them.

"I think the Tree Ceremony is starting soon. Do you think we will get any new clan members this year?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:21 am
The fact that she too had no recollection of his name did a little to ease his embarrassment. At the very least, they were both in the same boat - and truly, he didn't fault her for it. "It's nice to meet you, Ta'la'la," Hadharani again gave a slight bow of his head. He himself had been born of rogue-born Ela'wadiyi who had later returned to join the pride with their children - himself and his siblings.

"Yes, perhaps in future years we'll have more of our own to represent, but it is nice to watch what the other clans have done as well." New blood, practice from their ways. Many things changed - and many things would continue to.

"I hope so. Even just a pawful would be nice, but I haven't taken stock on who is entering the pride at all to know what numbers we'd even be looking at." Had his family gone through the ceremony to rejoin the pride a generation later? He couldn't recall anymore.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:50 am
demon_pachabel

"Maybe." She agreed. regardless, she knew she likely would not participate again in the ceremony. She was getting older, and she did not really need to prove herself to anyone. Her family was proud of her, and that was all that mattered.

"Likewise. Maybe we should see about bugging Skan to get the inside scoop," she joked. The bird clan was rather lucky to have the Wanidatsi as part of their own clan. He was the one that would be overseeing new blood.

"It looks like a healthy number," it may not have been as many like years in the past, but still a good chunk of lions.

"Want to go watch it?" She inquired to Hadharani. She was probably bugging the male, but this was a time a of get together! He could rest when they were back in the comforts of their own clan area.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:26 pm
"Do you think we'd need to bribe him for that?" he inquired, playing along with the thought. It didn't seem like it would be too much of a secret, at least.

"That's good to hear. Fresh faces are always nice to have. Stories, experiences - I do wonder what they'll have to say," it was perhaps the one thing about a rogue life that appealed a little bit to him, but not enough to drive him into wanderlust at least.

Her inquiry to join him had him nodding, "Of course. We can greet those who are to join us, after all. They do deserve friendly faces to welcome them in," was his a friendly enough face for that sort of thing? He didn't really know, but didn't worry too much about it, at the very least.

"Perhaps if we're early we can still bother Skan for an inside scoop, hmm?"

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:08 pm
demon_pachabel

"It probably wouldn't hurt..." Ta'la'la thought, smiling towards Hadharani.

"Exactly!" She couldn't think what it was like to be a rogue joining a pride. They had to be nervous, especially being around large lions with the intricate tattoos adorning their bodies. All the elas received pouches and feathers, maybe the two could swing by the crafter to pick those up. Hey, that was how they could bribe Skan! "We can gather Skan's herbs he needs, or the feathers for the new guys?" She suggested to the male, to see if he would go along with it.

"Then he couldn't resist telling us something." Well he could, but that was besides the point.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:17 pm
She had a mighty good suggestion there.

"That would be convenient for him and not too out of the way to do on the way over, at least," he agreed. "Plus I'm sure it would take some worry and wandering out for our newest members," he thrummed, a deep approving noise in his chest. Not quite a purr, but it could have been mistaken for one by one wanting to think it such.

"I'm not sure what he'd tell us, though," he admitted honestly. It seemed mostly like an overseen ceremony, but that would be a question for Skan when they found him with their bounty of helpful favors.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:26 pm
demon_pachabel

Alright he agreed!

They could just go to the ceremony, and be part of the crowd. But both the lions were of the Bird Clan. They should show how hospitable the pride (not just the clan) could be as a whole. Plus, it would probably make Skan proud that members of his own clan were stepping up for the new blood, the new members to their family.

"Probably not, but we can say we tried, and at least are helpful to say the least!" Ta'la'la grinned. "Come on Hadharani!" She willed the male to his feet. "Let's get going!"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:11 pm
It didn't take much to will him to his feet along with her, chuckling as he rose. It would be a good first impression, at the very least.

"I'll follow your lead!" he chuckled, nudging her shoulder gently with the top of his head.

KasaiLoki
Sorry it's short, but it could also be a wrap if you want <3

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces