Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[FIN] You Messed Up Good (Rive x Iki'renkli)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was another day, another Hunt. Because he was still new, Iki had paired Rive with herself. She didn't doubt his skills, not after what she'd seen, but he was still new to the pride. And, well, she had to admit some curiosity...

"Why were you so interested in my sister? I mean, she's better than she was, but she still has her moments. I think being a mother has helped steady her." Iki'renkli wasn't one to really gossip, but she'd spent so much of her life being confused by her sister that she really had to ask what someone could find so fascinating about Nyeusi.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So far, Iki had not been of much help to him and it showed in the bit of defeat that shined in Rive's eyes and the hints of irritation that pulled his typical smile into a thin line.

"It's very hard to explain," the words came on a sigh, "my pride valued souls like hers. From what the rest of the pride has said and the way she expected me to treat her, it doesn't sound like she is as revered as she should be here."

Then, after a pause, he added:

"And I mean you no insult by that. I just want her to talk to me without thinking I am going to laugh in her face for something so close to my upbringing."

He glanced ahead of them above the tall grasses they were slipping through, avoiding her sister's gaze pointedly. Rive didn't want to explain his pride's ideology or who he had been again, not after the way Nyeusi had thrown it in his face.  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:25 pm
Iki listened and began to conclude that Rive might be just as crazy as her sister. No wonder he'd been so interested in Nyeusi. But as he continued and explained further, she just had to shake her head and sigh.

"It sounds like she gave you the same sort of talking-to she once gave me, am I right?" the Hunt Leader commiserated. "Even before she had cubs, she was still good at that. And you wouldn't think her mad at all if you were on the receiving end."

Iki sighed. "What went so wrong, so quickly?" She might not understand Nyeusi - or Rive! - but she felt obligated to help the lion get a better reception with her sister.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:06 pm
Rive worried his tongue against the back of his teeth as he walked in silence for a moment, pointedly letting the conversation lull as he considered just how much he was willing to tell his hunt leader. He had opened up to Nyeusi in hopes that she would see the kindred spirit that they shared and she had thought it a mockery - or a show of bragging. Which was worse, he wasn't sure, and he didn't know this lioness well enough to know if he could trust her either.

Of course, he didn't think he had a choice.

"She thought I had come to laugh at her but that's not at all the truth." He sighed finally and stopped, turning so that he could settle his ocean blues on the other female. "I'm sure it is not strange to your pride that many outsiders come here with.. different religions. Mine has been plaguing me for a very long time and here, the things that you believe, they have given me a hope I have not felt in a very long time. I thought that perhaps Nyeusi.. would sympathize?"

He frowned then, looking away from her so he could study the sky overhead. The voices were silent, still. When he spoke again his words were soft and humbled, tinged with the sorrow that Alkaid had been so good at banishing. Where was she, he wondered? He knew she would have advice.

"I probably shouldn't have mentioned I was a King. She thought it my way of bragging, I didn't mean for her to think that of me."  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:16 pm
"You were a King?" Iki echoed. Of course he was. It explained more than enough. Not only about Rive but also Nyeusi's poor reaction. "Yeah, I'm sure that didn't help matters at all."

Not being a particularly religious lioness, the Hunt Leader opted to not speak on matters of faith. She didn't know nearly enough and she wasn't crazy like Nyeusi. Best to leave well enough alone there.

"Are you sure that's all you did? I mean, it's enough to annoy her, but it sounds like she was well beyond annoyed," Iki continued prodding to be sure she had all the pretinent information before she attempted to offer advice.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:31 pm
"Yes," he answered quietly, uncertain, "of sorts. My pride was not set up to worship or revere royalty in the same way that many are. There were always two of us and we were keepers of faith and knowledge. King is just the closest term I can find to relate to it now that I am past the borders of my homeland."

He shrugged. When he was growing up it had felt like an impossible duty, keeping stories alive and maintaining their way of life, but it was not the duty of a King in the same way that he suspected their Queen here performed the role. Culture shock was definitely something he had grown accustomed to and his way of speaking usually helped him dance around the worst of the subject.

"I mean, that's all I said to her," he returned immediately, then, after a pause, "I guess I did wake her up from a nap unintentionally but it wasn't on purpose."  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:36 pm
"Oh, Great Lion, no wonder she got upset with you," Iki groaned as Rive finally came to the most important part of the encounter. He had woken Nyeusi out of a sound sleep, and that was probably the worst part of all.

"Rive, you do understand that Nyeusi has kids? They're adolescents now, but they are every bit as much troublemakers as you can imagine. My sister has not gotten enough sleep for moons now, and she values every scrap she can steal. What were you thinking!?" the words spewed forth from Iki'renkli's mouth as she pointed out exactly why her sister was so deadset on taking naps when she'd never cared before.

It had been a recipe for disast from the start. And obviously Rive hadn't been thinking. At all.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:40 pm
Rive's eyes widened at the sudden chastising that fell from Iki's mouth, so surprised that every ounce of sulking was immediately banished from his face and his thoughts.

"I didn't mean to! How was I supposed to know that she was napping? Everyone else was awake!"

Was that really all it had been? He sighed under his breath and let his tail flick in that same annoyed, nervous habit that it always did. It wasn't the first time he had dealt with a grouchy, sleepy lioness but no one had warned him that she might be sleeping and that it was a bad idea. All he'd really cared about was talking to someone else that would be as passionate about things as he was, who might have answers about why the muses had turned their back on him for so long.

"What am I supposed to do then? Can she really hate me for waking her up from a nap? How do I make that up to her?"  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:43 pm
Iki sighed heavily as she tried to think of how Rive could possibly fix his screwup. Unfortunately, she didn't think Nyeusi would be so forgiving. Although she could be wrong. It was impossible to predict what her sister might do.

"I suggest you apologize. But don't go near her den. Find her somewhere in public, like the watering hole or something. Or maybe, I don't know, try to suck up to one of her kids and get them to bring you to her. There's no telling if any of it will work though," the Hunt Leader made sure to point out. Not that she thought her warning would be heeded. Rive seemed obsessed with Nyeusi and she doubted he'd let anything stand in his way on this bizarre quest.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:55 pm
"She called me, um, blasphemous?" He did his bet at laughing the word off but he knew that he had been purposefully trying to avoid casting himself in that light with Iki. "You don't think that she'll be upset at me for talking to one of her kids, do you? I wouldn't want her to think I'm.. trying to give them the wrong idea or something."

He sighed, too, then. How could an attempt at befriending a kindred spirit have gone so terribly wrong? It made him mindful of his own mother and the way she scolded anyone for talking poorly of the sea and the muses whenever she heard the whispers. She had not liked outsiders either, nor had she cared for their ideologies whenever they showed up touting them.

"I mean, if you're sure that I can try again without making things worse then I will. I just haven't ever had someone get so angry at with me for trying to be understanding. It's very peculiar."  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:58 pm
"I honestly have no idea what she thinks of most things," Iki admitted freely. "I'm just offering you options because I can tell you now, she is not at all like most lionesses. You can't just offer her a shiny rock and have done with the argument."

The Hunt Leader forbore to mention the bone...jewelry...Nyeusi had formerly adorned herself with. It had been so bizarre and frankly it was good she'd stopped wearing it. Although Iki suspected her sister still had it, somewhere in her den.

"So all I can say is try again, stay away from her den, and good luck."  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff