Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:07 pm
Miyako was looking for her twin, it had been a while since the two had gotten some one on one time together and this made her a little sad. They had always been so close as cubs and now as adults it would seem she had almost abandoned him for her love life. Which wasn't true.... Well, completely true.

No, it was true.

She frowned, she felt almost terrible about it but at the same time she was happy to have Belial in her life. He was good to her and she couldn't ask for more than that.

Setting out she searched for the familiar markings that made her family stand out in a crowd, hoping to find him soon.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:07 pm
For the majority of his life from adolescence onward, Yoru had accepted that he and his twin would never be as close as they had been as cubs. As soon as his twin had found a new lion to snuggle against, he was cut out of the picture. Rather than isolating himself like Galdric had, he sought solace in his other family members, primarily his mother and another sister, Kasai. Kasai had the energy to put up with his sulkiness and Hodari had kept him going with her warmth and encouragement. He had thought he could get along and while it was hard at the family gatherings to only exchange a few, resentful words with his twin, he thought he could get by with his new support system. He would be fine.

Then the dreams started. He was just a young adult when it started, just out of adolescence when he dreamed of the tyrant king and his aunt Kimondo. He woke up with wild eyes and ran from his den into the sunlight, panicked. He had heard the tale of who had killed the king, but he had never expected the end to be so grisly, especially when his murderer was his fair aunt Kimondo and the current queen.
He told himself it was just a dream, but another one came a few days later. He saw aunt again, but as a youth. She was with his mother and they were planting flowers by the watering hole. Before he went to bed that night, he saw the moon flowers, now having spread around the watering hole and known what he was dreaming was really things that had happened in the past. He didn't know why he had these visions and they became more frequent for a while.

He thought he would go crazy, tormented by these dreams that would come at him day or night, but he found a helping paw. First, it was the beautiful lioness Kgwedi, who assured him that he was safe and that she didn't think him crazy at all. Then, it was the violet rabbit that found interest in his dreams and let him talk to him whenever he wanted to; releasing his fear instead of holding onto it, until the dreams didn't bother him as much as they once did.

He had come so far, that he was starting to feel as though he may be able to brave any task. He was more sure of himself and had even had a decent conversation or two with his twin's mate, Belial. He seemed like a good lion and he wished him well with his twin, even if his interaction with Miyako had still been strained.

He never would have guessed that she would be the one to seek him out, after so many seasons of silence. He was sitting under the eye of the Great Lion, luminous and clear-sighted, while he watched a breeze move the petals of the moonflowers by the watering hole. When he heard paws behind him, he had turned his head and stared.

"...Miyako?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:08 pm
As she walked along searching it wasn't long before a familiar pattern came into view. There he was, Yoru. It would seem her actions hadn't gone unheard since he turned to see who was approaching. When he said her name she couldn't help but smile. It had been a while indeed since they had spoke and she felt bad. Though to be fair she never talked to any of her siblings BUT him, she supposed that was what made her feel worse about having gone so long without speaking to him.

"Hello Yoru." She said as she bumped his shoulder with her head as she finally got close to him. She noticed as of late he seemed, distant. She wondered if was because he was upset at her for not talking to him like she used to? "Are you okay?" She figured that would be the quickest way to get an answer, she didn't want to beat around the bush if he had something important to get off his chest, especially if it was him being mad at her. Which she would totally understand if he was.  
Yoru stilled when his twin approached him, unsure of how to react since this was the first time in what seemed like forever that she had taken the time to approach him. When she nudged him, he relaxed slightly. They were family, despite their history of not really acting like it. At her question however, he seemed to deflate, sighing.

"I've been doing better, but I'm still far from okay." He admitted, shrugging a shoulder half-heartedly. "I mean, I've figured things out, somehow, but... I don't know, I don't think I'll ever really be okay with..." He closed his eyes and shook his head slightly. "I don't need to trouble you with that. I'd hate to scare you off, after you've taken the time to come find me."

Turning his eyes back to Miyako, he held her gaze as he asked,
"Why have you come to see me, Miyako? I thought you had more important things on your mind." He had tried to keep the resentment out of his tone, but seeing her approach made the pain of an old wound reopen and while he missed her, he couldn't help, but feel bitter and wonder why she hadn't at least told him she'd be distant for a while. Surely expecting it and being in the know would've been better than just being forgotten about...right?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

She listened as he jabbered on, not really saying what he was wanting to say? She had no idea what it was he thought might scare her off. She wasn't a little cub. "You insult me, I doubt there is anything you could tell me that would frighten me." She said looking at him hoping he'd at least unload whatever it was he was holding in.

"Well, I don't see you taking the time to come find me either." She retorted a little upset at his accusations towards her. Of course she was busy, so she was trying to make a family for herself, was that really so bad? What the hell was wrong with him, he never used to be so judging of her. "If you don't want me here I can just leave." She said firmly, if he didn't want to just accept she wanted to check on him and talk to him that was fine, she'd just leave and have it be done with.

It still hurt that he was acting that way towards her.  
Yoru, for all his resentment, panicked when his twin got upset with him and he hurriedly got to his paws. There was a second of evaluation and then before he could second guess himself, he blurted,
"I have visions of the dead, Miyako." He let that hang in the air and then he slumped in on himself. "I can see the past. It's all in relation to the pride and it started just after my mane had filled in." He had started to tremble. "You're right, I didn't come seek you out. I'm sorry for that, I didn't think... I didn't know who to trust. I didn't tell anyone in the family, Mother only just found out in the past half-moon."

"I was terrified that someone would find out and they'd tell Aunt Kimondo or someone and I'd be chased out for blasphemy against the Great Lion, but trust me when I say that I never wanted to have these visions Miya!" He had been looking at his paws until he addressed her, meeting her gaze again. Re-orienting himself, he sighed deeply, stilled and went on.

"I'm better now. I still get the visions of things passed, but I can handle them better. I have those who I can talk to about it." A pause and then. "I'm hoping you can become one of those whom I can, now that you know, too." He glanced wearily over the watering hole. "Only a few lions know. I'm still waiting to figure out when to tell Aunt Kimondo and hope I'm not driven out of the pride..."

He looked back to his twin.
"I don't say all of this to undermine your own life, you know. You've had quite the busy life and in retrospect I'm sure you had your reasons like I did, to distance yourself from me." He gave a half shrug. " Ithought you didn't want me anymore, that you had found someone cooler. I still don't understand quite what happened, but I'm not an angry, brooding adolescent anymore, well, for the most part." He gave his twin a shy smile and then perked his ears. "I want to know what happened, if you're willing to tell me. I want us to be able to talk like we used to."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

When he finally spoke about what had been troubling him she reached over to him and give him a hug. That had to be a hard burden to bear, especially something as horrific as that. She couldn't imagine to be honest and she wasn't sure what she could do as an offer of condolences. She could be there for him though, she could do that much at least. "I'm sorry that is happening to you and I'm sure Aunt Kimondo wouldn't drive you away." She released him from her hug and looked at him with reasurrance in her eyes.

"Of course I want you around. You're my brother." She said giving his shoulder a small shove as if to say how dare you say such a thing. "While Belial is important to me for certain reasons, you are also important to me for certain reasons. I can have you both in my life. I just need to learn to divide the time up better. As do you." She said giving him a look to say he'd also better try and keep in check as well. "I miss us having our talks as well. It's not like when we were cubs you know." She said glancing towards the sky for a moment.  
Yoru was surprised at the hug, but it came with such a feeling of relief and comfort that he sagged a little. His twin had always been good at comforting him when he needed it, which even as a cub, had been frequent. He had been so insecure growing up. It wasn't until she left that he thought about making something of himself. He became more independent, so perhaps... it was a good thing they had parted. Though he certainly adored the fact that she was by his side currently. "I certainly hope not, but I don't know when I can tell her, what with her being busy so often now." He shook his head. "Do you think I ought to try and tell her first or... just hope it doesn't come up?" He asked, eager to hear her advice on the matter. When she went on to saying how she definitely wanted him around, he smiled tentatively at her. "Thank you, Miyako. That means a lot to me." He looked sheepish at her expression and ducked his head as a way of a nod, before raising his gaze to the sky and sighing. "Indeed. Much has changed. Azhar left for good, though what with Mother and Mti being married, I don't think she's any problem with that." He snorted softly and flicked an ear in amusement to that situation. "It seems like we've all got others looking out for us now." He paused, wondering if she'd like to know about his recent romantic interest, before deciding that she surely would. "Mother and Mti, you and Belial and then me and... her name is Kgwedi." He gave her a shy smile and perked his ears. What would his twin have to say now that he found someone he was interested in himself?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:09 pm
"I'm sure any time would be good." She offered to him with some sympathy.

She thought about his words for a moment. "Honestly it's up to you. It would probably be better to just get it out in the open now instead of waiting for someone to find out." It would probably go smoother that way if he were to go that route.

"I haven't exactly met Mti yet but if he makes her happy that's all that matters." She really didn't have much to say about their mother. She wasn't exactly close to her, and she didn't really know why. She was close to her aunt though, was that bad?

"Oh that's a lovely name, have I met her before? The name doesn't sound familiar. You must tell me more while we walk." She offered hoping to get to learn more about him.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:09 pm
Yoru nodded, taking in her words. He decided that he would brood over it a little more, but he would consider her words. "Thank you, Miyako. I'll likely take your advice." He replied to her with a small smile. Perhaps he would tell his aunt soon, but perhaps not... He really would have to give it some thought, but he would take the comfort and advice as his twin gave it to him, willingly. He nodded at her remark about Mti. "He was a Hunter, I think, but now that he and Mother are married, who knows? He may become a Lord for all I know." He shrugged. "If Mother will let him." He added, with a smile. "Kgwedi's a Guard too, though I think she's aiming to be promoted soon, I'd have to ask again." He informed his twin. "I'll tell you all about her and naturally you can tell me about Belial too. I've met him, but I'd enjoy hearing your take on him, naturally." He smiled and nodded towards a direction they could start walking. "You see, I met her near the watering hole..."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas