Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Holds & Halls
[PRP] Unexpected House-guests (Pele & Amra)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:09 pm
Pele stretched out in the back of her caravan. Rapscallion was curled up on a pile of shiny trinkets, while she fed Dawn and Dusk on her lap. Their 'gentleman caller' was back again, crooning sweetly to the green while she practically purred. Pele had been suspcious of him at first, thinking he was here for the same reasons she used her flitts; to steal, spy, or otherwise con his way into her life for some ulterior motive. He was too sweet to be a wild one, too comfortable being around humans. So he must belong to someone.

"Why don't you go home to your mom or dad?" she said, trying to shoo the little blue away, but he was undeterred. Her protests were only half hearted anyway. He'd been relentless in his pampering of Rapscallion, and he was starting to win her over as well. The green was loving it. And they did make a pretty pair.

Struck by a fancy, Pele took out a piece of record paper and started sketching the pair, who were only too happy to pose for her, snuggled up as they were. She wondered who he belonged to, and whether they were wondering where he'd disappeared to these days. Getting an idea, Pele turned over the paper after finishing her sketch and started to write. It had never occurred to her to reach out to the owner of her flitt's suitors before, but what could it hurt? She liked people, and even if she also occasionally liked robbing them, it didn't mean she could have friends.

Quote:

Dear Stranger,

In case you've been wondering where your flitt runs off to all the time. (See back)

They make a cute couple, don't you think?

Are you from Rivercrest? I can send him back next time he comes, if you prefer, but I'd hate to break up true love.

-A friend of a friend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:33 pm
Working as a Weyrling was exhausting on a level she was actually rather used to, Amra had dualed in both Spycraft and Dance at the Courtesan Hall but neither had prepared her to muck up after a dragon or spend days on her hands and knees cleaning out the barest corners of a room so that it met inspection and surpassed expectation. Sprawled on her back on her cot and staring at the ceiling reflecting on how Seirath's energy usually helped her when the beautiful green was awake and how she would need to wake her up against her adamant wishes so that she could slather her up in oil. It was an act that never played out well so late at night.

So it was that she heard the pop beside her moments before a creeling noise met her sensitive ears and the dark woman turned her heavy gray gaze on her tiny blue fire lizard with a question at the back of her mind. His normally white or yellow eyes were glowing a beautiful purple that startled her, causing Amra to lift herself up with her strong core muscles so that she sat cross-legged before him. Disturbed by his change in personality she caught sight of the slip tied to his back leg and pulled it off of him with deft fingers and a careful gentleness so that she didn't spook him from his uncommon temper before she even had the chance to appreciate it. Whirlwind popped beside her as well and wrapped himself around her solid shoulders as she unfolded the paper and stared at the wonderfully drawn sketch of Anguish and what appeared to be another fire lizard snuggling in a pile.

Lifting an eyebrow and letting her eyes widen in shock the weary teenager flipped the slip over and quickly read over the text scrawled on the back. To her immense amusement it would seem that her little blue fire lizard that was frightened and saddened by everything had managed to wrangle himself a lady without her noticing! Certainly he would be headed back there, Amra rubbed his small head with one thumb and attempted to coax something from him, anything to give her something to go off of. Was this something she should worry about, him running away and never coming back now that he found a lady?

An instant stream of images fed into her mind, fluttering about freely but not dangerous in the least, it seemed at least that this would not be an end to his being around her and to her pleasure he had picked up some of the things she'd been teaching him despite himself. He had managed to drum up some rather wonderful images, though none of the one that wrote the letter. A thought trailed slowly through her mind and Amra grabbed another piece of paper and something she could write with quickly before the inkling left her.

Quote:

Dear friend of a friend,

What a wonderful skill you have for artistry, I'll be certain to keep this image in good shape.

I've been quite curious where Anguish has been spending his time of late, it's a relief to know the flighty thing found a safe place and a nice companion to spend time with.

Unfortunately I do not live in Rivercrest but rather Western Weyr and it could cause you quite some trouble to bring him back. I've trained him as well as one can train a fire lizard in a few months and he should return home if you tell him to firmly. However I would quite dislike pulling apart true love myself.

Should he ever become a nuisance feel free to remind him of his home.

~ A relieved worrywart

DruidTigeress

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:05 pm
Hattaki

Their caravan was on the road next time the little blue suitor popped into the back of it. Despite herself, Pele smiled when she saw the little blue. She had been a little worried after sending that note that that would be the last they saw of him. If his owner disapproved. Fortunately, it seemed like just the opposite, as a roll of parchment was attached to the back of the firelizard's leg. Instead her letter had been answered. A jolt of glee took her as she unrolled the note. She never got mail! This was surprisingly fun.

Leaning back on the pile of furs, fluffy pillows, and miscellaneous treasures, Pele started to read the blue's reply. The letter gave her a pleasant distraction on the long road to their next destination. There was a time when she didn't have the luxury of lounging through these long journeys. An orphan foundling, she had to walk alongside the runners and trailers with the rest of them for hours on end. Now the worst part of being on the road was the boredom. She'd been moving up in the world. Thanks, in no small part, to the little green and gold flitters that lounged about her furs along with her. For the eggs of theirs she could sell.. And for the 'extracurricular' activities she had taught them. Rapscallion was the easiest to train, born with an innate love of shinnies, Pele wasn't even responsible for her stealing habit. The only thing she had to train was getting her to give up the goods after the fact.

She grinned widely at the compliment to her drawing. Whoever this was, if tey were trying to flatter her, it was certainly working. Eagerly grabbng a bottle of ink and a quill, she started penning a reply;

Quote:
Dear worrywart,

I'm glad you agree. I don't think I've seen Rapscallion this happy in turns.

Good to hear. We're on the road out of Rivercrest anyway, so that would have been a shame.

The Weyr, huh? Are you a rider? I work in a circus and I've heard tell we might be heading that way not long from now. Not the Weyr itself, course- we try to avoid all the threadfighting business.

He's never a nuisanc, but I'll try not to let him stay away too long.

Sincerely,

-

Pele hesitated for a moment (being a criminal herslf made her naturally suspicious of others) but eventually finished;

Quote:
Sincerely,

-Pele

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:02 pm
Cleaning was becoming like second nature to her, with Seirath's bubbly nature she was able to keep herself going by tapping into that endless pool. Scrubbing the floors down after her most recent training session she was not at all expecting for Anguish to pop beside her, lazily floating down to her shoulders as she was bent over cleaning. A soft snort came from her, reaching out to touch Seirath to see if she was still asleep and finding a calming quiet in response. Reaching deep into herself as if to find a peace her frazzled mind wasn't allowing her to really achieve, Amra straightened and looked over at the dull blue fire lizard with amusement. There was another letter attached to his leg and it appeared for all intents that he was attempting to get her to read it when she should have been focusing on her work duties rather than corresponding to the owner of his sweetheart. Waving him off for the time being the tall Weyrling turned her attention back to what she was cleaning for the next few hours.

~~~

Night had already fallen by the time she and Seirath drug themselves back into the barracks, the little green drooping even a little bit after a busy day. She curled herself up at the base of Amra's cot and instantly was asleep, her delicate sides rising and falling as she snoozed, though no snores issued forth from her small muzzle. It still impressed her how quickly the little green was growing, all that in the light of how little she had eaten the first few weeks of her life. Now of course she was eating, but Amra was still terrified that she was mucking up her care of the beautiful thing, let alone allowing for Anguish to traipse to wherever he wished at all times. Whirlwind at least had already been trained but the blue she needed to focus on a bit, if he got much older he wouldn't train up quite to her standards.

As if on cue he appeared by her head, letter still attached to his delicate leg. Scratching the top of his head with one finger she pulled the letter from his leg and allowed him to curl up in her lap, little creels issuing from him that melded with Seirath's soft breathing. Though she needed to focus on her Room and adjust everything, it wouldn't hurt to add this to the mix before she did so, that way she could file it into the correct place for the day. Unfurling it as she ran her hands over Anguish's wings, Amra took a deep breath and began to read. To her pleasure she had received a name, not just one but two though it may have been in response to the fact she had released Anguish's name to her. Either way she grabbed another slip of paper and gave a soft grin as she wrote in response.

Quote:

Dear Pele,

Rapscallion will certainly be spoiled, he tends to spoil every lady that he meets, be they dragon or fire lizard. You should see the state of my green some days when he tries to sing with her, quite the amusing show.

I am indeed a rider, though only a Weyrling at this point so I would certainly not be free to come see your Circus, though I'm sure it is fantastic. In the past I was able to meet up with and watch quite a few Circus shows when I traveled with my mother's trade caravan. Once I can fly and no longer have such a strict schedule I'll do my best to come and see a show, I enjoyed them immensely in the past!

As long as he's safe you should allow him to stay with you for a bit. I'm sure Rapscallion deserves to be spoiled.

Sincerely,
Amra

Twisting it up she tied the missive to Anguish's leg once more, he was becoming quite the good courier if not a spy, but she was hoping that she would have the opportunity to learn a bit more about Pele before she reached out through her connections to really learn something. Maybe with him she could learn something for certain, but it might even be better to use Whirlwind's hive connection to gain something, the brown lizard was quite skilled with pulling information no matter the type. As she released him from her lap she watched him pop Between to return to Rapscallion and Pele with another smile and the tall girl flopped heavily onto her cot, not bothering to shift into sleeping clothes for a moment as she tended to her Room.

DruidTigeress

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out