Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:59 pm
AstoriaFallen

A week had passed since the chance meeting by the watering hole. Gaki had to admit he missed having such a free conversation with another lion. It had been a very long time since he'd felt that he could speak freely. Ever since he'd been apart of this pride, even during Shengyue, he had not truly been free. He had not joined for pure reasons and there was now a dark stain that he was unable to outrun. But maybe if he found Arkaidia again he could at least pretend he was out running his history.

There he sat by the watering hole again. He was hopeful but uncertain that she might stop by. It was unlikely and foolish for him to be this hopeful but the pale lion couldn't help him self.

Hours passed and no one of interest showed up. A few pride members sure but not the one he was hoping for. He sighed and got up to stretch his legs preparing to head back to the dens.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:12 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Had it been so long since she had seen the male at the watering hole? She had thought it had only been a couple of days but almost a whole week had gone by already and she wondered if he even remembered her. Would he even be at the watering hole? Why would he be. It's not like she had asked him to wait for her there or anything. She gave a shake of her head, silly thoughts from a silly girl. Why would he.....

He was there.

Color her surprised she hadn't been expecting him to be there at all. So seeing him made her light up a little bit and she headed his way as she watched him stand up. Was he leaving?

"Gaki? Are you leaving?" She hoped he would stay. She wanted to get to know him more and see how he had been.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:04 pm
AstoriaFallen

The males ears lifted as he turned his head to have his eyes meet with Arkaidia's. She was here now which shocked him. He wasn't completely sure what he should say so for a moment he looked at her like he'd seen a ghost.

"Oh hi!" Finally made its way to his maw after an awkward moment. "Funny seeing you here." It wasn't. He was here purely to run in to her but he was doing his best to hide that little fact under a very friendly innocent grin.

"It's been a while. How are you?" He found him self walking over to greet her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:20 pm
Alpaca Chobi

"You weren't waiting long were you? I think I see some dust." She was just pulling his leg, she hadn't actually realized that he'd been waiting there for a while. She had just assumed he had been there for a drink of water.

"I like that we run into one another here. It's handy in case we get thirsty while we talk." Giving a light laugh she moved closer to him and then walked to the waters edge and looked at her reflection upon it's uneven surface.

"Have you been up to anything exciting?" Her gaze fell back to him.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:46 pm
AstoriaFallen

Gaki looked surprise for a moment as he pondered if she knew that he was waiting for her. He decided to not say anything but the puzzled look was probably telling enough.

"Oh. Me too." He agreed, "I do like to drink water and talk... but not at the same time," Okay that was stupid and the pale lion wasn't fully sure what it was he was trying to say. He cleared his throat as he nervously tried to gather him self.

"Wh-what I mean to say is.. " He stammered for a moment, "Well uh... I.." He looked around.

"I couldn't ... I mean what I am trying to say is well," He closed his eyes for a moment he was being stupid, "My week was boring because I wasn't talking to you." That wasn't creepy nope.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:39 pm
Alpaca Chobi

She laughed, it was light and joy filled. "That would be a sight to see though." She commented imaging what would happen if someone attempted such a thing. It would be fairly entertaining though dangerous, perhaps no one should attempt that.

She watched him and listened as he talked, assessing him a little bit and gave a small smile as she glanced towards the water and then looked back. "Awww, it couldn't have been that terrible?" She thought it was sweet of him to have said that, had she truly made that much of an impact on him?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:51 pm
AstoriaFallen

His face turned a slight shade of pink realizing exactly what it was that he'd said but the good news was that Arkaidia didn't seem completely off put by it. His ears raised a bit and he found him self looking at his front paws.

"Well .." He began, "I suppose not terrible no... Not unbearable..." He confessed, "But maybe enough for me to wish at times I had been talking to you rather than doing something else.." This was hard. He felt a little guilty for even allowing him self to feel comfortable around another lion but today penance seemed to be in the back of his brain if only for just a moment.

"I mean .. Well .. You're easy to talk to and maybe that left an impression or something. I have to admit that I don't talk to many other lions." That was more than true and it was largely because Gaki didn't feel worthy to. What he'd done for Shengyue would always follow him and he knew that there would be lions that had a hard time forgiving him. Himself counted among one of those lions. Gaki had yet to forgive him self and he doubted he ever would.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:54 pm
Alpaca Chobi

She was still uncertain of many of the ranks in which members of the pride held, though she had 'heard' things but she didn't base her own decisions off of what others said. She liked to get first paw experience and come up with her own opinion. She listened as he talked and gave a small nod.

"I'm glad that I've left a good impression from our first encounter."

It pleased her a great deal that he felt good enough about their first encounter to want to talk to her further. "Why is that? I'm sure anyone would enjoy talking to you.... I mean, I do." She confided towards him, it was true.

She liked to talk to him.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:53 pm
AstoriaFallen
good job gaia not alerting me D<.

"Well .. One thing you should know about me is that I'm a slave.." He knew that alone wasn't such a bad thing but he wanted that little fact to sink in just a bit before he went in to anything else.

"There is more but..." He lowered his head in shame, "I'm not sure you'd be willing to talk to me anymore if you were to hear what it is... I am really selfish for not being forward before but it's been so long since I've talked to another lion in a normal way. I miss ... eye contact," He said this as his own pair of eyes were pointed firmly down.

"I want to tell you ... And.. I really hope you don't hate me for it. I don't think its responsible of me to keep talking to you like I'm an okay lion. I'm not. I helped Shengyue during his uprise as a lion on his royal guard and I never lifted a paw to stop any of the tragedies that happened here. I was part of the problem and not the solution to the problem. It wasn't until the pride took it self back that I decided to atone for my sins.. . ." He really lowered his head now that he let his truth out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 pm
Alpaca Chobi

The status of a member within the pride was never something she judged anyone on. It was just where they were, why should their personality be cast aside without a second thought because of a low rank? She always found it foolish of those to do such things because you often missed out on the most wonderful of characters.

At least that was her own opinion on the matter.

She remained silent as she listened to him speak, spilling his dark secrets to her. When he finished she watched as he lowered his head and she approached him and reached out with a paw, lifting his face so that she could gaze at his eyes.

"Yet here you are."

The fact he was in the pride still, despite his prior allegiance spoke volumes about his character. "You remained regardless and that alone says more about you than anything you might have done in the past."

She removed her paw from his face. "Consider your slate clean with me. I care not about what you've done in your past, but what you do now." Her eyes never left his face.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:47 am
AstoriaFallen

What was this kindness that he was granted? Gaki felt a little over whelmed with his emotions that Arkaidia would see him as something worth while. That she saw him in a way that Gaki struggled with seeing in him self. That he was redeemable. This kindness only made the pale lion lower his head more out of humility.

"You're so kind," He felt more humbled than he'd ever felt and for some reason his chest hurt. His heart was touched and he wasn't sure what he should do or say.

"You know I haven't been brave enough to talk to anyone since the down fall. Not in such a casual way at least and not so openly about my feelings. You really are a special lioness Arkaidia. " He lifted his head just a little and looked her in the eyes with his very glossy tear filled eyes. Gaki didn't even realize tears were falling down his cheek.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:49 pm
Alpaca Chobi

She wasn't sure how to respond to his words, while what he said to her was true it wasn't something she boasted about in general. She didn't showcase herself towards others and wasn't about to glorify herself now with this situation. "I hope in time you'll see yourself as I see you." While she hadn't known him long she felt she had seen him enough, actions wise, to know what was in his heart and soul. While he was atoning for his past that didn't mean his future had to be bleak.

"I am glad you and I crossed paths, it would seem the Great Lion smiles down upon us." She said softly as she gazed at him with soft eyes. She reached up a paw and brushed away a tear from his cheek. "Come, let us walk and perhaps it'll help you settle." She offered.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:31 am
AstoriaFallen

Gaki was having a hard time letting the words out so instead he nodded that he would walk with her. Any excuse to be near her seemed fine by him. He'd gladly walk with her any time.  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games