Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:50 pm
User Image

The world hadn’t been unkind to the lone travelling lion, but it hadn’t necessarily been kind either. His pride had disbanded and his family was dispersed so he had had very little contact where he once had plenty. Angkuh had heard rumors of a pride that stayed awake during the evenings and worshipped the moon. It was an oddity, but not nearly odd enough to drive him away, in fact he grew more curious.

Finding the pride was easy enough with help from a cheerful monkey and his brightly colored companion – a pair he wouldn’t soon forget. Settling into the pride was another thing all together that left him drowsy on the best of days. The first few were spent alone during the daytime and had been incredibly peaceful, much like his trip in the roguelands.

Fortune shone upon him when he joined the pride. The Great Lion saw fit to give him the chance to be a Guard. The role was fitting to the bulky lion and he felt good about roaming the borders day or night to ensure the safety of his new home. It also allowed him a chance at seeing new faces and hearing new stories. The opportunity to talk was always present, should he find someone to speak with.

His schedule adjustments were beginning to work and this evening was the first that he saw midnight without teary eyes from endless yawns. “Finally.” He muttered to himself about his personal success, perhaps he would make it the whole night without a single yawn.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:39 pm
Life in the Mwezi'Johari had calmed down significantly after Kimondo had taken the throne and the 'drama' that followed was much less.. well, dramatic. Her mother had been in a bad mood the last few times she'd visited but neither her nor her father cared to explain why, she was just told not to worry about. Strangely, it had eased up when the group headed for the Tianxia left.. but then the Firekin had been around. Sifa was not amongst those who went to the mountain border with them to investigate and still she hadn't had a chance to check it out. Guard rotations had increased since the Queen left and the Firekin stopped by and she couldn't just wander off route to the mountains without leaving an area unguarded.

So Sifa was not in a particularly great mood herself when she spotted Angkuh muttering to himself nearby. He wasn't a guard she recognized personally, though he looked vaguely familiar.. enough that she definitely knew he was a guard.That made this the perfect opportunity to meet him, then. It's not like there was much else to do when you were on patrol on your own.

She changed course and headed directly for him, making no attempt to hide her approach.

Ctrl F Greenie

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:33 pm
Timing never seemed to be with him and to prove it his jaws stretched into a wide yawn that felt as thoug it lasted many moons instead of mere seconds. The act was followed by watery eyes and a view that was in motion, but blurry, her narrowed his blue eyes to get a better look and even tried to blink away the moisture. It wasn't until the lioness was basically in his vicinity that he finally got a good look at her. She had the strut of a confident individual who knew what she wanted - which was to speak with him, no doubt. "Good evening." He finally spoke.

Or would it be good morning? His mind had things backwards, if they slept during the day this would be their mid-day. Angkuh desperately pushed the thoughts from his mind that were already causing his face to screw up with the silliness of it all. He didn't dare speak his thoughts out loud thoug in fear of sounding like a lunatic who over thought things - even if that turned out to be what he was.

"How are you this evening..?" Angkuhs brows rose slightly as he realized that in his own personal antics he hadn't begun with formalities. If his parents could see him now they'd likely give him heck. Instead of straight out asking the question he simply implied it with his much nicer question of how was she.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:42 pm
"Hello," she replied brightly, smiling at him. She had caught the yawn and his obvious effort to keep it all under control.. so he was clearly newer than she had thought and still getting used to being up all night. Unfortunately, that wasn't a good place to start a conversation with someone you had just met so she focused on what he asked instead.

"Good," Sifa answered, "It's quiet around here tonight, haven't seen many outsiders or herds.."

Not much to guard when nothing was going on but ultimately that was a good thing for all of them.

"My name is Sifa," she said, "You don't look familiar, are you new?"

Ctrl F Greenie

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:50 pm
Angkuh couldn't have been more thankful for the cheery approach and bright greeting. That alone seemed to help and he was able to catch a yawn before it took place - even avoiding another situation of watery eyes. He offered her a warm smile and listened while she answered. "It's fortunate, at least for the evening." He responded to the lack of outsiders and herds. No work meant no need to worry about being to tired when defense was required. Unfortunately it worked both ways and he ended up having to wander even more than usual to stay awake.

"I am, the yawn would have given me away I suppose." He let loose a low chuckle. "I'm Angkuh, it's a pleasure Sifa. How long have you been with the pride?" Luck didn't have him meeting many others and so though he realized how personal of a question that might have been he was genuinely curious.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:10 pm
Sifa looked surprised when he asked how long she had been in the pride. She always assumed, like so many others around the Mwezi'Johari, that she was just very obviously a part of one of the largest families here. To be fair, though, she took a great deal after her father, who took after his mother.. but the blue and the moon had to give her away. Maybe he just hadn't picked up on that yet, though.

"I was born here," she said, resisting the urge to point out just how new he had revealed himself to be, "My parents are guards in the Middle Class. Neither of them like to stand out much but you can definitely tell which families my father is from."

Maybe if she had Malkia's clouds, she would be more obvious.

It was also a good opportunity to try to fish out what class he was in without asking directly. She hadn't met him before so he wasn't upper-middle like her, that left only two options. If was middle class, he would have met her parents, at least in passing.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:22 pm
Surely he hadn't been paying that little attention to the pride now surrounding him that he appeared foolish. Though she wasn't blatant about her reaction he didn't miss the surprise his question seemed to bring - fool. Again he listened to her as she spoke and gave him some of her life story and suddenly things seemed to click for him.

"Pardon my question, I'm still adjusting." He finally managed to collect himself from his excitement. Angkuh had certainly been here long enough to recognize some of the more common traits. "You're... Mazin and Laelias daughter?" He prayed silently to the Great Lion that he hadn't just let himself down. "I'm sure I've seen them at least." He tried to cover up his awkwardness with a smile. Two major families? He scolded himself mentally for not having paid attention to the details. Becoming a guard had worked for him and those details he enjoyed, but pridal politics had never been his thing and so he couldn't be surprised at his stumblings.

"I'm middle class myself." He admitted to her without much coercing. His yawns had faded completely as his heart raced and brain fought to catch up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:30 pm
Again, Sifa was surprised. She wasn't actually expecting him to figure out exactly who her parents were just from her explanation, but his admission of being part of the middle class made it a touch less surprise. She smiled at him.

"That's them," she confirmed, "I guessed since we hadn't met before that you may have been introduced to them. The rest of us are in the upper-mid, but you may have already come across some of my brothers or sisters. A good number of them are guards, too."

It was something of a family tradition, continuing what Thoth had left behind when he became king..

"Where are you from?" she asked suddenly, realizing she was saying an awful lot about herself and wondering about him, "If you don't mind me asking."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:44 pm
Her surprise pleased him this time and he felt himself puff up a little bit at his second victory for the evening. "It's likely just in passing." He pointed out again, not that she needed to be reminded, but he wanted to provide clarity. "I haven't been so lucky as to have company with others for very long. It's sporadic at best." He smiled and gave a laugh. "I don't mind it much. My time in the roguelands was much lonelier."

"So guards run in the family?" He wondered out loud. The voiced thought made him realize what a strong foundation the pride must have especially considering the recent events. Guards were an important part of any pride, in his opinion.

"Hm?" Lost in his thoughts once again he had just barely heard her question. "I hail from the Aka`mleli." Speaking the name of his former pride hit home and he visibly winced, but continued on. "It has disbanded, following that I left and stumbled upon a funny pair that lead me here." He finished his story with a half shrug, he wasn't nearly as interested in discussing, even with the time that had passed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:57 pm
She nodded in response to his question about guards running in the family but didn't elaborate. Her side of the family was often forgotten in regard to their connection to Thoth, Selene and their families.. and it made things weirdly complicated. A newbie wouldn't know much about that, and it wouldn't be worth the effort to explain.

She also realized she struck a nerve when he answered her question. The name Aka'mleli was familiar to her but she couldn't quite place why that was the case.. had others found their way here from there? That wasn't worth suggesting, either.

"I'm sorry," she said, smiling sheepishly, "I hope you like it here."

Hopefully Kimondo would come back from the Tianxia and the pride would continue on the steady, peaceful course that had been set after Shangyue's death. It was possible but, of course, she had heard plenty expressing their doubt. But that was another worry a new lion was best not burdened with.

"Our patrol routes clearly overlap," Sifa said, grasping at some way to steer the conversation back to something light and pleasant, "Do you want to walk with me for a bit? I'll show you some of the nearby routes, give you a head-start on getting moved off this patrol."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:11 pm
Angkuh wasn't blind to the fact that she appeared to hold some information back, but he figured it went both ways. He didn't care to elaborate on his previous home and she didn't feel it necessary to elaborate here.

"No need for apologies." He matched her smile. "It's a pleasant place, I don't see myself as unhappy here anytime soon." There was plenty to enjoy with the pride, even with the Firekin approaching the borders and their Queen being away, everything was calm. He was again reminded of the foundation the pride had built and he found comfort in that.

"That would be fantastic." His entire being lit up when she made her offer. There were only chances for onward and upward in his opinion and graduating to a more lively route would do the trick. "Lead the way."

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games