Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)
[Poll] Spring Time Pokemon Tournament

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Want to have a tourney?
  Yes, in March.
  Yes, in April.
  Yes, in May or later.
  No! Bah humbug!
View Results

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:53 am
Thinking about holding a WiFi tournament this spring, around mid March or early April. The tournament would use the 7th Gen games, be a round robin style tournament (most likely), with Battle Tree Pokemon restrictions (eg. No Mewtwo but Moltres okay), and other rules which will be decided on later. As for a prize I'm exploring a few options outside of Gaia Platinum such as maybe a Steam Gift Card code. As considering a 'Battle Points' system where the more wins you gain in the tournament the more BP you earn which can be spent in-guild on stuff, namely valuable items (also earn some for just participating). If there is enough interest in getting back into battling we could perhaps have more frequent tourneys again, but we'll see. Vote in the poll above.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:37 pm
I voted no.

Much as I'd love to say "sure, let's have all the tourneys," there's a reason I pretty much gave up on hosting them. It's because the demand was there at first and dwindled to nothing. And I think the last one was pretty much going to be all of 3-4 people: Sub, Blizz, Darts and myself. And that last one, I think Darts wasn't able to actually participate. 4 people does not a tourney make, and if it does, then it'd be a very boring one; moreso if it happens time and time again.

I'd maybe be for it if we could get others. Several others. At least 6-8 participants. So my stance on it might change, but as it stands, I don't feel the demand's there or that the votes will hold quite as much weight when it actually comes time for the tourney.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 am
Make that five. I sighed up for that, too.  
Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games