Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven
[PRP] Deliberate Shift (Kefanaan & Limerence)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:26 am
User ImageKefa couldn't remember who it was he'd been talking to, but someone had suggested that he ought to work on controlling and developing his divine powers since, for the most part, his powers worked passively. After realizing that there were other gods who could deliberately cause their powers to manifest in specific, intentional ways, Kefa had decided he probably had some sort of power like that, too, if he could just discover it and train himself in its use.

He'd decided that it made sense for him to be able to deliberately make something older, since aging could be construed as a form of impermanence. The thought had come to him in the early hours of the morning, and since then the generally blue and black swirled god had been slapping fish out of a pond in the gods' haven and trying to force them to age. So far all he'd accomplished was generating a pile of suffocated fish, none of which seemed noticeably older than before they'd suffered his attentions.

It had been several hours though, and Kefa was beginning to suspect he could not age things. Or else that he should be practicing on something that aged more noticeably than fish. In the meantime, he had this nice pile of fish he could eat. He began to examine the fish to decide which would make the best breakfast.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:39 am
Princess_Feylin

User Image
He tended to stick out against the lands he walked upon, his colors bright and luminescent like the sun. Opalescent horns glistened in the light and his bright blue eyes sparkled as he looked around, the wind carried to him the smell of another. Changing his direction he changed his course to head towards the scent of the other God and something else, something that was quite delectable. Was that fish he smelled?

Finally he came into view of the God and the pile of fish that he had before him. This was a peculiar sight to see, given the number of fish that were piled near him, then again they could eat quite large amounts of food. Flicking his long tail behind him he smiled brightly as he approached, his large frame swaying slightly as he padded forward with light steps. "Morning, that's quite a catch you have there." He was curious to know what he was doing. "Do you mind if I join you?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:49 am
Kefa started when he heard another god's voice. Immersed as he was in the scent of fish, he wouldn't have noticed anyone approaching even if the wind had been blowing the correct direction and even if he had been paying any kind of attention, neither of which were the case. Honestly, Kefa just wasn't that observant anyway, so he was constantly being startled like this. Most of his conversations seemed to begin this way. He'd feel sheepish about it, except he couldn't see why he should. He was a god.

"Good morning," Kefa said, relieved that he hadn't quite taken a bite of his chosen fish yet. As he spoke he made an effort to still whatever shape-shifting his body was doing. It wouldn't be perfect, but it should be slow enough not to cause alarm or nausea.

"I'm Kefanaan. Kefa," he went on. "Help yourself if you're hungry."

There were always more fish, after all. Plus, Kefa enjoyed company most of the time. He also enjoyed learning about other gods, and this one didn't match the description of any gods he'd met or heard of before.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:15 am
Princess_Feylin

As he grew closer he couldn't help but notice the God's peculiar pelt pattern, it seemed to shift, if ever so slightly. He'd have to ask him about it before they parted ways, if he remembered. "It's a pleasure Kefa, I'm Limerence." Pleased to make his acquaintance he grew closer and looked at the pile of fish and his stomach grumbled as if to say, yes take the fish.

"That is very thoughtful of you." Not wanting to dig in right away he sat across from him on the other side of the pile and made himself comfortable, shifting his wings against his side as he curled his tail around his feet. "How did you get so many?" He doubted even he would be able to catch that many if he tried.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:27 am
Mouth full of fish, Kefa's reply was somewhat indistinct as he repeated Limerence's name back to him: "Nlmmrrnce."

He swallowed with an audible gulp and tried again. "Limerence. Good to meet you. About the fish..."

The god's eyes turned toward the pile of corpses and an expression of guilt crossed his face. "They were mostly an accident. I was trying something with my powers and thought it would be more considerate of me to practice on fish rather than, say, something important like the mortals that worship us."

Kefa had never met the god of fish, and had no way of knowing that his little speech would have been deeply offensive. He didn't even know there was a god of fish.

"So , anyway. The fish are many failed experiments, but I'm certain they're safe to eat." Probably, Kefa decided upon a moment's reflection, he needn't have added the part about the fish being safe to eat. That sort of thing tended to make people feel rather less reassured. To make his point and offer more assurance, Kefa took another big bite from the fish he'd begun on shortly before.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:14 am
Princess_Feylin

Eating some of the fish he was quite pleased with how they tasted. Listening as he spoke it was pretty interesting that he was experimenting with his powers, he hadn't tried to do anything like that yet. Perhaps he should give it a go sometime, though it wouldn't really do him any good to get food like this male was able to do. "I can see why you would want to practice on something that holds a little less meaning." He could only imagine what would happen if something went wrong.

"Well, you seem to be eating them just fine and haven't dropped dead and I've eaten a few myself and find them quite tasty so I think we're both in the clear." His laugh was deep and rumbling with joy. Eating another mouthful of fish he gazed out across the pond and watched the other fish swimming beneath the surface. "What were you trying to do with them, if you don't mind me asking that is?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:10 pm
Kefa swallowed while Limerence spoke and ran his rough tongue between his teeth to the best of his ability to dislodge a thin fish bone that was jabbing the soft flesh inside his cheek. It was not a particularly subtle act, and resulted in several comic facial expressions, which he pretended he wasn't making.

"My domain is impermanence," he prefaced. "Mostly it manifests as change over time, and mostly it does so unconsciously. I was trying to see if I could consciously cause something to change."

That made what he was doing sound a lot more carefully planned out than it actually had been, and didn't really explain the fish, so Kefa continued, "I was trying to get the fish to change to an older state. I thought it'd be easier, since that's a change they were going to make anyway, at some point, and it was the direction the change was already going to happen in. I wasn't trying anything hard like trying to make them younger."

He shrugged. "Anyway, I don't think it worked. The fish died because they suffocated in the air after I got them out of the water, not because they got old. I think. I don't really know how to tell an old fish from a young one. I think they just get bigger? These didn't, though, so I'm fairly certain they didn't age any."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:18 pm
Princess_Feylin

Given the way the male was trying to not draw attention to dislodging something in his mouth the large God decided to pretend that he wasn't making a variety of expressions and focused on the fish that were before them. Taking a few more into his mouth he munched on them quite happily, hoping none of the bones poked him. Listening intently as the male spoke about his domain he gave a nod of his head in understanding.

Looking back at the fish he thought about it for a moment. "Perhaps you could try on something that wasn't breathing, like fruit or even a tree?" He wondered if perhaps that would work. "I mean fruit would age and rot, but if you did something lasting like a plant you might be able to see it grow and change as it would during it's regular course in nature?" He offered as a helpful suggestion, though he wondered if perhaps he'd already tried that and thus the reason to test out the fish.

"At least the fish tasted alright." It was true, they hadn't taste terrible or made him sick so he counted that as some kind of a win.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:38 pm
In fact, Kefa had not given any thought to plants. He'd gone with fish because that had been what was on his mind when he had the idea to try this experiment and because he'd been near a pond.

"Plants sound like a good idea," he agreed. "Probably a lot less work to catch, too, though I'm more than happy to have fish for breakfast."

He snagged another fish from the diminishing pile and slit its stomach almost contemplatively. With a careful shake to get rid of the guts he didn't much want to eat this time (although he usually didn't care one way or the other about eating fish entrails) he returned his attention to Limerence.

"What's your domain?" he asked. It was not readily apparent to him at all from the other god's appearance like it was with some gods, especially the gods of certain animals, who took on a lot of their domain's physical characteristics.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:51 pm
Princess_Feylin
we can probably have it close off in your post <3 We could do another if you want?

He had a point about the fish, they were already out of the water and easily accessible to eat if he grew hungry. "The fish would probably be my go too as well." They were definitely the better choice, since he wasn't much of a plant person when it came to eating, though for experimenting when not hungry plants.

"Oh, I'm the God of Infatuation." It had slipped his mind that he hadn't told him what his domain was, he had been too interested in learning about Kefa's. "Perhaps we can discuss each other more over the rest of the fish." He truly did want to get to know the god a little more, he needed more acquaintances or friends. Perhaps he could be one.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:40 am
Infatuation? That sounded like it might overlap a bit with Kefa's domain. That was interesting. Not that Kefa was in any way territorial about his domain. In the long view (which, being a god, he could generally afford to take) most things tended to fall into his domain. Nothing was truly permanent, after all. Even the gods themselves sometimes changed. Really, he was just intrigued to learn that there was a god of infatuation, and curious about how that worked.

"That sounds like a great idea," Kefa agreed, pleased to have met someone who might - maybe? - become a friend. Kefa didn't have a great many of those, and his domain made it difficult for him to maintain relationship, but he very much did not want to be alone all the time, either.

AstoriaFallen
Finished, I think! I'd definitely be up for more RPs with them. Maybe they can spend some time wandering around and having adventures or something.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games