Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:13 pm
User Image

The earthen colored male padded quietly along the prides lands, no set destination in mind. Recently he had found out his brother had found himself a mate and it made him realize how old he was starting to get, not that he was particularly old.

Maybe he should start looking and find himself a nice girl to settle down with, start a family and all that. It was just hard when you didn't socialize that much and the fact that his brother had a mate made him realize his solidarity even more.

Giving a shake he figured he should at least start by trying to make some friends. Wouldn't hurt to do that right?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:45 pm
User Image

It had been far too long since she'd had more than a passing interaction with her pridemates (the sole exception being Binti, she noted to herself with a slight head shake). Then again, given how much of Binti's life had been spent alone before she had finally stopped wandering, it was perhaps less than surprising that she'd taught her charges to appreciate their independence, more so than most.

With a small, self-directed shrug, she continued prowling, hesitating only slightly when she spotted another lion, still some distance away, but meandering in her direction. She altered her course slightly, keeping her expression neutral and calling out, once they were close enough to not require yelling "Greetings," she said, inclining her head slightly.

Her voice was low and melodious, the kind that sounded like it should be telling stories long into the night - an inheritance from the lioness who had died bringing her into the world.

Tilting her head ever-so-slightly, Woha'li wondered if the lion was a pridemate, or a rogue wandering on their territory. The fact that I can't tell at a glance is probably a sign that I need to start interacting more... she thought, irritation at her own isolation rising.

He had no tattoos, but then, neither did Binti, and the elder lioness had joined the pride some time ago, so that didn't mean as much as it would have otherwise.

"Are you from one of the clans, or simply wandering?" She asked after only a moment's hesitation, curiosity getting the better of her.

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:04 pm
Vashtya

Blue gaze danced upwards towards the voice that spoke out towards him and he returned her greeting with a soft smile, "Greetings to you as well." Pausing in his walk he turned so that he was heading towards her and noticed her look over of him and his tail whipped behind him curiously and then his smile grew as she asked her question.

"I am from the Shadow clan, but I can see how my lack of decor might make me stand apart." Waving a paw at his naked body, free of tattoos like most of the clan members had. Those born in the pride were blessed with the exquisite markings, he had yet to acquire some of his own after having joined a while back. "My name is Arlo'Reeshin, what may I call you by?"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:32 pm
AstoriaFallen

Neutrality melted swiftly into an answering smile. "I am Woha'li Galu'nadi...please call me Woha'li." She replied, nodding her head...glad that he didn't take offense to her rather blunt question. "I am from the sky clan," she continued.

"Their presence certainly does make one easier to identify at a glance," she said after a moment, sitting back on her haunches, a clear indication that she was in no hurry to be on her way. "Although if I were less out of touch, I would have likely recognized you regardless. However, it is nice to meet you, Arlo'Reeshin" she inclined her head once again, ever-so-slightly.

"What brings you to this corner of the territory?" She asked lightly, motioning around them with a small toss of her head.

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 pm
Vashtya

When she spoke he almost had to take a step back her name was quite a mouthful. "It's nice to meet you Woha'li." He always thought his name was a little long but now he didn't feel so bad about it anymore. "I can see that, hopefully in time I'll have a couple myself so people aren't thinking I'm a Rogue rogue wandering through the lands." Chuckling slightly at the notion it wasn't an exact joke since there were rogues that happened by now and again.

"I'm just out for a walk, hoping to make some new acquaintances." He hadn't realized how far onto the other clans section he had gotten, he then realized he never said what clan he was from. "I'm from the Shadow Clan myself."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:12 pm
AstoriaFallen

Woha'li found herself relaxing, slightly - the younger lion seemed mellow and easy going, and disinclined to take offense. "They are certainly distinctive," she agreed, having always loved the practice; she thought it was a beautiful way of telling one's life's story, without ever having to speak a word.

"Ah, I see," she replied, flicking her tail idly. "It's always nice getting to know someone new," she said with a small smile.

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:29 pm
Vashtya

"They really are, I do like the one's you have." He motioned towards the markings that covered her body. He could tell she was older than most given how far they covered her body, the newer generations only had them on parts of them now. "Did you partake in the sky festival this year? I was feeling a little under the weather so I missed out on most of it." He was hoping to try his paw in it next year though.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:08 pm
AstoriaFallen

"Thank you," she replied, looking down at her tattoos fondly, before meeting his eyes easily.

"I did not...I have only participated once, many years ago." She replied, looking thoughtful. "That's a shame - it's a lot of fun, seeing how one's skill..and luck, stack up against others." She thought back to the year she'd participated - it had been one of her favorite events, and the memory made her smile wistfully.

"Was this your first sky festival?"

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:24 pm
Vashtya

He would have liked to see her participate, "How did you fair?" Curious to know how she'd done and if she might do so again in the future. "Oh no, I've been here for some time, just kept to myself mostly. I'm going to try my paw at it next year for sure though." Smiling at the potential to give it a try and see how he might fair against other clan members. It was an exciting thought!

"My brother might have tried once, but I'm not sure, I'll have to ask him when I see him." When was the last time they had spoken? Looking towards the sky he gave her a smile, "Care to accompany me to get some refreshments?"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:42 am
She smiled at his question, feeling nostalgic at his question. "I got very lucky the year I entered; while others were certainly more deserving, I ended the festival that year as the champion." Even knowing that she had been more lucky than skilled, she was still proud of how she had represented her clan that year. "You should definitely try it next year," she agreed. "There's nothing quite like participating in it yourself."

She thought for a moment, then nodded. "I was planning on heading that way soon when we bumped into each other, so a trip to the river sounds like a plan." She smiled, getting to her feet with a small flick of her tail.

AstoriaFallen

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:46 pm
Vashtya
We can call this a wrap in your next post or here, up to you smile

Giving a nod of his head he decided that he would definitely partake next year, and not as a spectator. It would be an experience for sure, and that was all he really wanted out of it. "I can agree with that." It would seem they thought alike in the matter.

"Maybe we'll be able to catch some fish while we are there." To be honest he was more thirsty than anything else, so if they did indeed catch any fish it would be an added bonus. "Shall we." He motioned for her to take the lead if she so choose, though he would likely walk alongside her or slightly to the left. It was just something he did.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:13 pm
Woha'li inclined her head, still smiling slightly at his ready agreement. "I think it's one of those things that there isn't any downside to," she observed softly.

"That would be a welcome surprise, although I confess that I don't tend to be very skilled at fishing, as a rule," she replied with a small, self-directed laugh as she thought back on past attempts...most of which had ended with her coat drenched, and no fish having been caught. She padded silently alongside him, then took a few more steps in the direction he'd indicated. Even if they failed to catch any fish, a drink was definitely in order.

AstoriaFallen
Annnd, I think that this is complete? heart

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out