Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Ross Manor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:12 am
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε ïṉτø α ƒlÿ
                                          ï løøќεḋ αώαÿ - ÿøυ ώεɾε øṉ ƒïɾε
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ α сhαṉģε ïṉ ÿøυ, ïτ'ṡ lïќε ÿøυ ṉεṿεɾ
                                          hαḋ ώïṉģṡ - ṉøώ ÿøυ ƒεεl ṡø αlïṿε
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceHarbinger didn't even bother trying to restrain their glee at Dylan's line of questioning. He hadn't said yes, exactly, but it still managed to sound distinctly like a yes. The alternative being a no, which would then lead to a few months at best, watching their lover waste away in agony before a much-too-soon death, they were very pleased with this development. It showed; their expression managed to look equal parts gleeful and terrifying, some of their uncanny nature showing through in their enthusiasm.

spaceThey licked their lips without thought, then ran their tongue along a fang. Closing their mouth with a smack, they clasped their hands together, thrilled with this development. Waiting was not, as a rule. something they enjoyed. They would do it, of course, but it wasn't preferable. They could almost feel a little bad that they'd hoped Dylan's headaches would be a sign of something like this, something to hurry things along so that they had to turn him sooner than planned. Only almost, though, because they didn't have the power to affect reality in a way that made them worry they'd somehow caused it. They might know magic was real, but they saw no reason to lend credence to anything else. Certainly not to the concept of jinxing things, or the universe having a sense of humor or irony.

spaceStill, he concerns should be addressed, first. Prioritize.
                                          "He would be perfectly safe with us, never fear. This arrangement would require you to live with here, with the rest of the clan, at least for a while, as you adjust to your new circumstances. I hope you would agree to remain with us after, but once you have learned control, it is your choice. During that period, Reece would be under the protection of the older clan members. We would ensure no harm came to him, either from you or anyone or -thing else."

spaceHarbinger considered Dylan for a moment, trying to think on what all would be of concern. Obviously, the danger would be the main issue, but there were surely other concerns beyond that. Still, they could only truly think of one thing. "If it is his schooling you are concerned with, there are options there as well. It would be possible, though perhaps inconvenient, to keep him enrolled in his current school. We could instead enroll him locally. I believe he is old enough to see to himself, but if there are concerns there, something can be arranged. We are not without human... friends, I am certain we could find someone willing and able to ensure he is attending and looked after while you sleep. He could also be homeschooled." Personally, Harbinger liked that option, if only because it was the easiest, and allowed them to keep an eye on his schooling besides. It was certainly better than relying on one of the (admittedly few) humans they knew. But, if Dylan wished him to remain in school, they would make it work.

spaceThey managed a coy smile at the remaining questions, more a case of curiosity now than anything else.
                                          "It can be done whenever you wish, my love. I do apologize, there is no, ah. Ceremonial sex ritual," they chuckled, "but I would be remiss to tell you that the sex once you are turned will be... Well. I have been holding back. As I'm sure you can imagine." They leered, ever so slightly. Harbinger was not so enthused by sex that they considered it a priority, but they couldn't deny that it was fun. More fun, though, when they didn't have to hold back. Not having to worry about breaking Dylan would be a nice change. "It is a simple exchange of blood. I believe this should be unsurprising; it is a popular trope in fiction. Likely popularized by someone who knew vampires were real, I imagine. I would drain you almost entirely, and then share my own blood with you."

spaceThey paused, growing serious once again. They would need to be completely honest with Dylan, after all. "You are fortunate that you do not have a job that you will have to so much quit, though you may wish to hire some sort of daytime help with running your business. Sort out some affairs. And, Dylan... It will hurt. A lot. I do not know that I have ever felt such pain. And I was turned nearly a hundred and fifty years ago, and have suffered many injuries since. I cannot truly express it. But, once it is done, it will be done. And it does not last long." And once it was done, he would last forever. Or near enough to it; they could not know the true extent of a vampire's supposed immortality, after all. But Harbinger had never known one to die of old age, at least. Mostly, they killed themselves after living too long. And what qualified as 'too long' varied among them. The only true fear Harbinger possessed regarding this was that Reece would grow old and die, and Dylan would have to watch... Of course, Harbinger would not hesitate to turn the boy, too, if he so wished. Once he was an adult, of course.

ï løøќ ατ τhε сɾøṡṡ, τhεṉ ï løøќ αώαÿ
                                          ï ģïṿε ÿøυ τhε ģυṉ - вløώ ṃε αώαÿ
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wнere - Front Room -> Kitchen
                                          wнen - Winter 2048
                                          wιтн - Dylan
                                          pronoυnѕ - They/Them
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:03 pm
I ponder of something great
My lungs will fill and then deflate
They fill with fire, exhale desire
I know it's dire my time today

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝗕𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗺𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝗙𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

Dylan fidgeted with his sweatshirt sleeves as he waited for Reece to join them for his pre-arranged talk. The time for The Change was coming quickly and in his humble opinion couldn’t happen fast enough with his hands now in an almost constant state of shakiness accompanied by aches and his migraines starting to steal more daylight hours than he wanted. He liked to joke that the disease was just allowing him to rehearse for the big show though he hoped the sudden constant chill thing would disappear. Sasha had been a veritable saint the entire time as they helped with putting his affairs in order regarding his business and the big move. Adam had been a bit bummed with the news and had made several innuendos about regarding his relations with Sasha but ultimately came around with the promise yearly visits and weekly video chats. He supposed him having a new significant other helped with the separation but, according to the geologist, he had to wait the customary 2 month mark before turning into an overprotective dingus. Which he resented that remark as he was far from a dingus. Simpleton worked fine but he drew the line at clod.

Finally he heard the teen boy lumber into the kitchen looking for something to snack on but was stopped at seeing a plate of ice cream cookies on the table. Chocolate chip cookie dough mixed with pistachio ice cream sandwiched between two chocolate chunk cookies roughly the size of his palm and there were three of them on his plate. Dylan could see the cogs turning in his son’s head as he made the connections and slowly came to the table knowing this was serious. He had first come up with the cookie system back when Reece was about five and his dad had his first heart attack. He had been running in circles trying to figure out a way to tell the young boy that his grandpa, while fine, had to go into surgery.

Despite his loose parenting, he didn’t let his son have many sweets in one setting proclaiming that it was hard to savor when there was too much going on while Reece disagreed, obviously from his odd ice cream selection. He hadn’t even known nuts could be made into ice cream. But he had internally argued that this was a special circumstance and thus, the system had its first shaky roots with a small bowl of ice cream being presented with a side of bad news. The more elaborate the dessert option, the worse the news. Before this, the worst he’d ever gone was a nearly foot tall milkshake topped with multicolored macaroons in order to tell him that after the divorce was settled they’d be moving as well. Now though, he truly had to step his game up and from the serious contemplation on his son’s face he knew he had succeeded. "Reece, we need to have a very serious conversation that’s...a bit hard to put into words.”

"Who’s missing? Who died? Is it grandpa’s heart again? Is it mom? Uncle Adam? Did something happen to Eitan? I just saw him though so it can’t be that right?” Reece interrupted working himself up trying to figure out what was wrong. Dylan quickly waved his hands trying to fend off the attack wincing at the pain while attempting to calm his son down.

”No! No no nothing like that! I mean, well actually, kinda something like that? Wait! No-stop! It’s not any of them I promise-It’s me!” he finally spat out finally managing to get a word in. Reece stared at him for a few moments completely stunned. ”What do you mean ‘it’s you’? Dad, what’s going on?!” The father sighed knowing this was going to be the hardest part of tonight and knowing that really nothing could’ve helped him prepare for this moment.

”I mean I’m the one who’s dying. Remember about a month or so ago when I went to the doctor to have him look at my migraines and dizziness?” only at his son’s jerky nod did he continue, ”Well, it sorta turns out that there’s this mass thing, not a tumor they made that abundantly clear, on my brain and it’s affecting my nervous system. Causing the shakes, the migraines, the dizzy spells all of it. There’s no good way of handling it without taking a chunk of brain matter with it and radiation would probably hurt me worse than what’s already happening. So um, that’s sorta the bad news. Now the other news is-”

”Why are we even having this discussion?! Why haven’t you gotten Sasha to take care of it yet?!” Dylan blinked slowly at his son’s newest interruption not sure if he heard it right. ”Wha-what do you mean?”

Reece huffed in a famously annoying pubescent way. ”I mean why haven’t you gotten the bite and healed this already! I mean, I know it’s not that simple and all but uh, you’re literally dying so chopchop. I know paperwork’s not your forte but fill out whatever you need to get your vamp license or whatever and get this afterlife show on the road! Jesus Christ superstar, you actually had me worried for a sec!” the teen shook his head finally allowing himself to take a bite of the dessert in front of him.

Dylan however was still stock still as he took in all this information that was seriously not computing and he was really hoping it was because of the mass thingy. ”Waitwaitwait, so. So you kn-knew about Sasha and, and Dante and all the erm..vampire stuff then?” Reece gave his dad an uncharacteristically slow look. ”Uh, duh? Are you saying you didn’t know?”
                                                            The silence that followed was very telling.

”Not to be mean dad but, holy s**t you’re dumb.”

Cara MiaKitty

I have these thoughts, so often I ought
To replace that slot with what I once bought
'Cause somebody stole my car radio
And now I just sit in silence

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε ïṉτø α ƒlÿ
                                          ï løøќεḋ αώαÿ - ÿøυ ώεɾε øṉ ƒïɾε
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceSasha had come very much to enjoy the addition of Dylan and Reece to her home and daily (nightly?) life. Other occupants of the house (read: Dante) weren't as thrilled but a good enough job had been done of keeping out of his way, she thought. For the most part, though, the general air of domesticity that had settled over the manor was like a breath of fresh air. The same had happened when Dominique was turned, of course, and when Eitan had been born before that. But Sasha had very much been on the outside of both situations, participating only in the peripheral, never the focus. Now they were settling into a proper family life, something they had never had before. It was... interesting. And surprisingly lovely.

spaceMost interesting, of course, had been the addition of Reece. Sasha had long haboured suspicions that, for as oblivious as his father was, the boy was equally observant. Specifically, she was rather convinced that the boy was well aware of her true nature, and had been for some time. She had not mentioned this to Dylan during their discussions of the coming changes, of moving them in and changing Reece's school and telling the boy the truth. Mostly because, if she was right, the 'telling the truth' part was bound to be hilarious, and Sasha was nothing if not a being of chaotic mirth. And murder, but that was a wholly separate matter. Perhaps it was too much fiction, but Sasha-the-Person and Harbinger-the-Vampire were distinct personas; two halves of the same person, certainly, but still very different. As a vampire, this was a matter of practicality and sentimentality. Telling Reece the truth (and obtaining his approval, which was admittedly very important) was another step on the path towards getting what she wanted, Dylan becoming a vampire and therefore not dying a horrible, painful death in a few short months. Whether or not Reece had already figured it out was incidental, except in that it perhaps meant this would be easier for the teen to process.

spaceAs a person, however, Reece having already figured it out was a potential comedic gold mine, because Dylan would no doubt be utterly floored that his son was smarter than him. And the boy would be exceedingly snarky about it, she was sure. She couldn't wait.

spaceSasha watched as Dylan almost ritualistically set up the kitchen for his and Reece's customary sharing-important-news process. She had observed this once before, when they'd informed him of the move. It was somewhat fascinating. And she fully supported bribing the child with sweets to sway him, or soothing with sweets in the face of tragedy. Perhaps because she would've liked very much for such a system to've existed when she was a child. Then again, she hadn't had parents.

spaceWhen Reece entered, the sudden tension felt almost like an actual physical change in the air. The one downside, she supposed, to having such a specific ritual, was that the sight of the sweets in question were a dead giveaway that something was happening. She had to wonder if, perhaps, Reece had also realized something was wrong with his father. It had become harder to hide, after all, and Dylan spent much more time with his son than anyone else. And Reece was hardly a stupid child. Still, he seemed to miss the obvious, that his father was the reason for the ice cream tonight. Or perhaps was in denial, but that was-

spaceOh. OH! Or perhaps, Sasha thought, smugly and with no small amount of glee, the reason Reece assumed it wasn't about Dylan was because he did know, and he assumed that if something was wrong with Dylan, Sasha would've simple handled it. She barely managed to contain a bark of laughter when the boy began ranting at his father, ordering him to get on it. And couldn't help but notice that none of this annoyance was directed at her, which was perhaps the best part.

spaceWait, no. The best part was definitely the part where Dylan asked if Reece had known, and Reece declared him an idiot for not having figured it out himself. This time, she did laugh, a snort, followed by a short, sharp bark, followed by her sinking from her place against the wall so she was crouched against it, clutching her chest and outright cackling. Between laughs, she tried to speak, but couldn't get out much more than the start of several sentences, mostly "He" and "You" and "I can't." Eventually, she managed to calm, palms pressed to her eyes for a moment before she composed herself (mostly) and stood.

spaceSatisfied, the vampire made her way over to the table, coming up behind Reece and draping her arms over his shoulders.
                                          "Mm, you heard the boy," she said cheerfully. "Chop chop! So demanding, your son. Have I mentioned, Reece, that you are my favorite?" A hand slid into the boy's hair when she addressed him, not ruffling it so much as shaking his head lightly in her grasp. This was more contact than Sasha generally allowed herself with him, all things considered, but if she was turning his father in the next few days, he was, in a way, family already. And she was rather fond of him.

spaceShe slid her hands to his shoulders, squeezing lightly.
                                          "In all seriousness, we wanted to speak with you, first," she said. "I thought perhaps to wait for the move until after, but your father pointed out he would rather you were with me during... well. If you did not take to the idea, he wanted you to have someone while we waited." Her nose wrinkled as if she'd smelled something distasteful, rather than casually spoken of her lover's potentially looming demise. Although, to be fair, Reece had already given his seal of approval. So the two were not entirely dissimilar, now that the latter was no longer a possibility. "He also thought it would be less stressful to move without that additional information. But, with your blessing, we have all we need to go through with it." She looked to Dylan for confirmation. Technically, he could still back out. She doubted he would, since she'd not exactly had to talk him into it in the first place. But she would give him an out until the moment it was too late, just in case.

ï løøќ ατ τhε сɾøṡṡ, τhεṉ ï løøќ αώαÿ
                                          ï ģïṿε ÿøυ τhε ģυṉ - вløώ ṃε αώαÿ
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wнere - Front Room -> Kitchen
                                          wнen - Summer 2048
                                          wιтн - Dylan, Reece
                                          pronoυnѕ - She/Her
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:14 pm
Well hey, my story sounds the same
But I'll find some way to show you what life's all about
Oh, we could take a walk downtown
No, let's search for higher ground
We'll count the stars and clouds and howl at the moon

Agє 12Ƥнιℓσѕσρнєя Iη ƬяαιηιηgƳєαя Sєνєη

✦✧✩✫Reece was still a bit freaked, moreso than he was letting on as he chomped down on his frozen sweets because holy crow his dad was dying. Like, he had noticed how many headaches his dad seemed to be having, and how he always seemed cold even with heater practically blazing in his face but, and this was going to sound horrible, he just thought it was cancer or something. People beat cancer all the time now! And this was his dad; he’d fought an entire family of staunchly Irish Catholics to raise him, practically wiped his butt with a law degree in order to do something he loved, and was having semi-regular coitus with an actual vampire (that last part he should probably not know but c’mon he was thirteen now he knew what they were up to). And as for the vampire bit...well...no foul to Sasha but it was horrendously obvious. Like, so obvious he’d basically kicked himself for not noticing any sooner (in his defense, he’d met them when he was like, 8 so…)

Only ever meeting up at night, barely looking legal enough to have a drivers permit let alone whatever age he’d cooked up to tell people, he never worked or seemed like he had an actual job but he always somehow had money. And to be fair, that actually sounded like allot of inheritance rich kids so he would’ve let it slide if not for a history report. Reece had had to write a report about the first world war and its impacts on the common folk and governments and Sasha had been a goldmine of information. Way too much to’ve just had a simple interest. Plus there was Eitan and the little boy didn’t exactly hide who and what he was either. In fact, the only person he had been surprised to find was a vampire Dominique but only because the man was a baker. But he supposed doing prep work at night and having help in the daylight hours worked out.

Reece grinned as Sasha gently carded their hand through his head and guided it to and fro and even snickered as he was proclaimed his favorite. Hearing his dad’s offended gasps just made him laugh harder not even offering an apology. He was licking the pistachio side of his cookie when Sasha implored that it had been important he brought into the discussion and asked his opinion which had him touched at their concern but also irked that his dad really thought he’d have a problem with all this. He also turned to look at his dad who was nodding in confirmation but also still visibly stunned at the turn of events.

"Well, blessings received. Given? Blessings given. When are you going to do it? And uh, should I be there for it orrr is it like, gonna be ‘adults only.’” Reece asked trying not to shudder. Dylan laughed hard much to his curiosity but he figured it was some sort of inside joke as he kept sharing looks with Sasha and murmuring something about a ritual. Weirdos.

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff