Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:23 am
User ImageIt was a rather humid morning that was breaking over the Sky clan. Samira peered at the sun as it rose, the normally round shape wobbling and distorting in the thick air. It was going to be another hot, humid day, it seemed. Thankfully as most lions operated, it meant it was getting close to the time when they would sleep away the heat of the day and rouse again once it began to cool off. There was still a few things to do before then, though, and she paced slowly back and forth as she awaited the arrival of her companion.

Not a few minutes later and a familiar dark shape appeared in the sky. Samira lifted her head, ears perked with interest, and she turned her head as Alusa perched on her back.

"Well?" she asked, clearly excited as the vulture shook out his wings to get comfortable.

"The cubs have all been born," the blue bird stated as he lifted his head, his own expression dreary and dull next to his friend's grin. "Most are healthy, there are a few that look a bit small but they've got experienced lions there to help."

"Oh, that's wonderful," Samira said with a laugh. It wasn't often that Ela couples had cubs but when they did it was a joyous occasion through the pride and all the clans. When word had gone out a few weeks ago that there were quite a few couples with cubs expected around the same time Samira had been delighted at the news, and now that all of the cubs had been born it was time to celebrate.

"The next Sky festival will certainly be busy with all the cubs to introduce," she said, smiling as she turned to head back to her resting place for the day.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:51 am
SilverLutz

The silver male padded towards the den that he shared with his mate. The sun shone hot on his back. Despite his pale colouration he could feel the blistering heat, he was looking forward to the cool of the den.

There was a lot on his mind. The word of a ‘baby boom’ in the Ela’wadiyi had put a lot of things in to focus for him. He’d aired his concerns to his mother. He knew it was a little odd to return all the way to the bird clan just to speak to her, but it had felt like the right thing to do and now he was sure he had to say something.

Of course that something kept getting caught on his tongue. He felt foolish, he was hardly a young male and no one in his clan had ever lacked courage but he felt so much like a coward being unable to tell Samira how he felt.

Her tail caught his eye as he approached and a almost goofy smile rose on his lips. She seemed happy, he stopped to admire his mate for a moment, the deep green vulture perched upon her back. “You seem to be in a good mood.” He commented as he approached her, his smile calming to a more natural state.

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:36 am
As they walked Alusa shifted his perch on the lioness' back, keeping a lookout to the sky for any other of his fellow messengers from the other clans. He spotted a few flying back to their respective homes, glad that the news was being spread.

"It's a grand day for the Ela, that's for certain," he said gruffly but fondly, ruffling his feathers as he started to preen after the long flight.

"Certainly! Cubs are so hard to come by these days," Samira agreed, smiling wider as she spotted her mate making his way to their den as well. Good! She was eager to tell someone the news. Picking up the pace a bit, Samira trotted towards Tatyana with considerable pep in her step, enough to leave Alusa grumbling on her back as he was bounced around.

"A very good mood," she said as she got within hearing range of the silvery male. She paused only when she was close enough to nuzzle into his fluffy mane, excitement tingling down all of her limbs.

"There lionesses in the other clans have all had their cubs successfully. There will be lots of new faces to meet at the Sky festival next year," she said as she pulled away, still smiling like a fool.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:21 pm
SilverLutz

As she approached him that foolish smile rose on his maw again, she really was a lovely looking lady. Especially when she smiled. She seemed to happy with the world at that moment. Of course she as happy, news of cubs filled the air and he had no doubt that her vulture companion had brought glad tidings to her.

He met her greeting with a nuzzle to her ears, she smelled wonderful, her fur was so soft to touch, he really wanted to keep the contact between them for a little longer, her smile though, he couldn’t fault her for grinning and it was most certainly a contagious look fo the was fairly certain his smile matched hers.

She seemed keen to tell him the news so he tilted his head curiously, the mention of cubs, healthy, new life born in to the pride. “I did hear some whispering on my way. It is good to hear that they have all been born healthy. We should perhaps visit the young purple couple. I am sure they would appreciate a visit from you.” He smiled and leaned forward licking the female on the nose.

Taking a breath, he decided he needed to ask her the question that was burning on his tongue with all this talk of cubs. “Do.. Do you want to have that?” He paused and cleared his throat “Cubs, I mean.”

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:59 pm
Samira gave a little chuckle as Tatyana suggested going to visit one of the couples. While it would be nice, doing so so soon would certainly draw ire from the exhausted mother.

"We certainly shall have to make a trip to visit them. They're the first couple to have cubs since I've been alu'nadi here. We'll let them rest for a while though so as not to overcrowd them. I can only imagine the exhaustion they're going to deal with the next few days." Thankfully the clan worked together to ensure everyone went without want. The new family would be well taken care of by those that were hunting this week.

The question made her smile falter for a moment. It was clear Tatyana was nervous in asking and she didn't want to do or say the wrong thing to dishearten him. Their relationship had certainly grown and changed for the better since they had married for political reasons. She could easily say that she did love her mate and that she was glad they had gone about things the way that they had - marrying for purpose rather than love was a risk, but she had learned so much about her mate in the time between then and now that she couldn't see any other way of going about such a nerve-wracking task.

Alusa coughed awkwardly as the silence stretched between the two lions and hopped along Samira's back so he could lean around her head to peer at the male. Beady blue eyes stared him down for a few moments, lengthening the silence, before he let out another cough of amusement.

"You two are like adolescents meeting at the festival," he croaked, beating his wings a few times. "No one would ever guess you'd been living together for so long. Come on, Samira, answer the poor thing. Even I know not to leave someone hanging that long."

The words drew Samira out of her thoughts and she gave a weak laugh, but did finally nod.

"It's been on my mind," she admitted. Tatyana wasn't the youngest male after all and she was well aware that he might pass before her. She did want to give him the chance to be a father, although she had been hesitant to bear cubs so soon into her tenure as the alu'nadi. Now that there was new life that put things into a different light and she didn't feel as pressured to wait.

"I've just been...worried, I suppose. About what the more traditional-minded lions might say about me having the first litter. But now that that's no longer an issue there's nothing that would be holding us back."

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:41 pm
SilverLutz

Tatyana smiled, he knew full well that Samira had more tha one reason to see the new litter, but he guessed, she would want to see the cute little cubs as much as anyone. Everyone liked cubs after all.

Her exceptionally long pause made him roll his shoulders but he kept quiet and waited, he couldn’t help but let a little chuckle roll over his lips at the bird. He wasn’t wrong. They had been together for more time than he could actually count, how many moons had it been since that fateful skyclan festival? He wasn’t sure, it was enough that he knew every inch of the lady that was his mate. They knew each other’s secrets and worries, or mostly any way.

When she finally spoke he closed the gap between them and pulled her in to his thick pale mane, probably dislodging the vulture in the process. “I love you Samira.” He paused for a moment, letting his words wash over the two of them. “It would make me very happy if we could have some children together. If that would make you happy.” He released the pale female slowly and gazed adoringly at her, perhaps she didn’t feel as deeply as he did for her but he wanted her to be happy, he wanted her to have some cubs of her own if that was what she wished for.

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:21 pm
Alusa gave a little caw of irritation as Tatyana moved forward, pushing him off of his perch. He did not want in on the snuggle fest, thank you very much. Walking along Samira's back, he only stopped when he reached her rump, wings out stretched to keep his balance as the lioness shifted under him.

"It would, Taty, it would," Samira said with a soft laugh. "It's been hectic since we were wed but I'm glad we've waited." She didn't want to be stressed out with her new title while taking care of cubs but now that the both of them had settled into their spot in the pride she felt like she was stable enough to think about turning their partnership into a full blown family.

"We'll take things slow, make sure the little ones have just joined us settle in. Perhaps if there are any males I can see about one of them becoming the nvwati, get his training under way, then see where we stand."

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:32 am
SilverLutz

The silver lion gave a nod, she was a busy lady he knew that of course, she was always on her paws doing what she needed to do for the pride. “It will be nice to visit the new family.” He smiled and couldn’t help think of a family of their own. Of course it may take some time for family to happen, the Elawadiyi wern’t Known for baby booms, though that had of course happened just lately. There were many cubs here at the moment, he wondered if his mate would feel broody seeing all of the new children.

He paused for a moment to think about the position of Nvwati, he knew it to be an important position of course, one that must be fullfilled by one born in the sky clan. He couldn’t help but ponder the roots of the two lions who had brought the new little wonders in to the world. Ex-rogues like his beloved. There would be whispering amongst the more traditional members. It would be hard for the cub and for his mate if there were male cubs in the new sky clan litter.

Tatyana glanced at the bird that had shuffled his way down Samiras back. “Perhaps the envoy could speak to the new parents and arrange a time for you to visit.” He smiles at the bird, he liked the vulture but a little alone time with Samira would certainly be welcome and sending him to speak to the new parents would at least warn the young family before they showed up at their den.

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:34 pm
Samira glanced over her shoulder at Alusa as Tatyana suggested the bird bring a message to the new family before nodding in agreement.

"I think that would be the wisest decision so we're not springing a visit upon them," she said. She had the feeling any family to have cubs would expect a visit from the alu'nadi, especially with the nvwati position needing to be filled, but she certainly didn't want to press her visit before they were ready.

The vulture gave a little squawk as he was bossed around, flapping his wings irritably again. Alusa was a grumpy bird to be sure and wouldn't stand for being told what to do constantly. He had been the familiar of the alu'nadi long before Samira had joined and he was quick to remind her of that. She took his grumpiness in stride, though, and his comments frequently rolled off her back much to his chagrin.

"I just returned from flying all around the clans," he retorted. "I won't be going today, or tomorrow, or even the following day. I am going to rest, thank you." With that he hopped off Samira's back and flew off, clearly in search of some peace and quiet.

Shaking her head in amusement, Samira turned back to Tatyana to boop his nose with her own. "I'll have him go talk to them after he's done being grumpy. But for now would you like to take a nap? I think the excitement has worn down enough that I could actually sleep."

Syrius Lionwing
Last from me!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:01 pm
The silver male watched as the vulture flapped away with a grump on. He knew the bird would do as he was asked eventually. He quite liked her companion really he was a grumpy fellow but after he was done pouting he did as he was asked. It was a good relationship, one he was glad Samira had. “He’s a good fellow.” He commented.

Tatyana grinned a slightly foolish grin when she pulled away from him, her boop, it was just so cute. “I think a nap sounds great.” He smiled getting up off his rump and trotting quietly to their den contemplating the conversation of the day. The thought of cubs in their future. He was even enjoying the thought of going to see the young couple and their new brood.

Letting all of these thoughts melt away he ducked in to their den for an afternoon, just relaxing with his mate. Everything else could wait.

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff