Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:00 am
While Mulika was older than him he didn't ever think about it, even if someone made a comment to him. Which only happened once and he didn't think it would ever happen again given how that turned out.

Giving a shake of his body his fluffed out his mane a little bit so it wasn't stuck flat to his body from when he was sleeping and gave a look around. Speaking of Mulika, he wondered if she was nearby. He found himself often drawn to finding her and seeing how she was. You could say he had feelings for her and he wondered if she noticed.

She was kind, loyal, smart and just a wonderful lion all around. Even if he didn't like her that way he'd still like her in general given her nature.

With a smile on his face he set out to look for the female with the golden scales.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:01 am
The Firekin had left the Mwezi'Johari, and Mulika was only mildly disappointed that she hadn't flirted with one like she had promised to show the boys. Quiyue was a long time friend, but Isi was proving to be pleasant company. He was of outside blood, though he fit in with the pride so well that it was hard to tell his heritage. The warm tones of his pelt gave it away, though Mulika's own pelt strayed away from the typical white, blue, and black hues of the pride.

Her scales were unmistakable, even the crescent moon upon her forehead. She was an older member of her family tree, but by no means was the eldest. Mulika was a mature lioness, but she felt youthful. Perhaps it was the company she kept.

It was after her prayers that she noticed Isi in the distance. He seemed to be looking for someone, and she supposed it wouldn't be much of a burden to aid him. The lioness approached him with a newfound level of comfort with the male, greeting Isi with a petite smile. "You look like someone who needs some assistance," she greeted, sounding amused.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

While Isi missed his family back home he knew there was always a chance he'd meet them again one day, though it was fairly unlikely and that made him frown a little bit. Perhaps he could pass through one of these days and hope he didn't get run off by any of the new Inselelo's. But that would require him to leave the Mwezi and he didn't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe if he had children of his own one day and they decided to leave he'd send them that way to send his love if anything.

A voice tore him away from his thoughts. "I believe you've already accomplished that." The smile on his face was bright and genuine, she just made him glow.

"How are you doing this fine day?" He asked wanting to know how she'd been doing since he last saw her. Which wasn't TOO long ago but it still felt like it had been forever.  
"Well, that was easy," Mulika responded in an amused tone, looking up at the male with a wry expression on her face. She stepped past him, tail flicking coyly in the air. The time they had spent together had slowly caused her to open up. While she had at first seemed like a somber and sad lioness, it was clear she had a playful side. Flirtation came to her naturally, but it was all just a game to the female. After all, she was still single after all these years. Very few made it past her cold exterior, none had made it further than that.

This flirtatious game was almost all that Isi could expect to receive from her. She never gave off the impression of wanting anything more from any male. "I'm well. There are no more bright red lions in the pride to flirt with, so perhaps I'm a little bored." Mulika's efforts to harmlessly flirt with a male firekin had been a success, though Isi and Quiyue both knew it had never gone further than the first round in a game.

Mulika was strict to her pride's beliefs. She wouldn't truly throw herself at any male. Marriage was the only option for her, but no male had so much as swayed her in that direction yet. "How are you, now that you've found what you were looking for?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"That it was." Giving a hearty chuckle he took a seat for the time being and curled his tail around his paws and allowed himself to relax. When she spoke about being bored that there were no more strangers to flirt with he smiled and raised a brow. "Maybe you just need to re-route your flirtations." He teased playfully towards her as he stood back up and moved so that he was standing offset to her.

"Oh, I'm quite well. Seeing you was really just an added bonus to my already good mood." It was true, she just made the day better when he was around her. There was just something serene about her that just put him even more at ease even if he was already relaxed.

"Do you feel like sometimes something in your life is missing, but then someone comes along and you no longer feel that way?" It was a genuine question, for the longest time he had never known where he might belong. Even joining this pride and becoming a Lord and then a Rogue Guard he had been uncertain of so many things but then he met her and suddenly he didn't wonder anymore. Maybe it was just meant to be a wonderful friendship as he'd never had feelings for anyone before but maybe it was meant to be something more in time?

He just knew he was at peace now that she was in his life.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:02 am
"It's easier to flirt with someone you know isn't going to stick around. Once I start flirting with pride members they're going to expect me to follow through with it," Mulika answered with a small smile. She had closed herself off to the majority of the pride, but none could blame her. A lot had gone down throughout the pride's history, some had affected her family deeply. It took a lot to get over what happened, and Mulika wasn't completely ready to tackle her grievances yet.

She stayed with the pride now because their beliefs were deeply rooted within her soul. There simply was no other home for her, no where else she could fit in and be accepted. She had a support system here, and while the pride held painful memories for her, they also held pleasant ones. "Well, I'm glad you saw me today, then." Isi was good company, and he wasn't connected with the rest of the pride. He was a breath of fresh air that Mulika was in a mood to appreciate.

"No, not entirely," she replied sincerely. "I have felt something missing in my life for quite a while, something taken from me. It has yet to leave or be chased away." Every day she felt that hole in her heart. Over time it had shrunk, but it never went away. She didn't think it was possible at this point to forget her past and focus on her future.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Her words made sense, somtimes it was hard to just playfully flirt without the others getting attached and expecting more. Not that he was an expert in the matter or anything. "I can see where the problem lies then." He hadn't really thought about what might happen if she were to casually flirt in their own pride, he would have thought she was just being overly nice if anything though he was certain there were those that would want more than just kind words.

He frowned.

However it didn't last long, "Have you considered perhaps devoting yourself towards something in particular?" He knew she had been in the pride through so many horrors and he hadn't dared to ask about any of them, but perhaps if she focused herself on a specific task in the pride she'd be able to focus on that instead of remembering some of what had happened to her. "Recently I became a Rogue Guard, I thought it would be nice for someone who had once been a rogue to take up the task given I know what to expect and how to help them through their transistion since I was basically worth nothing in my Old Pride." He had never really talked about his old pride to her much. Guess now was the time.
"Where I'm from the males are chased out at adolesence unless you take a vow of celebacy... You're not treated badly but you're not really going to learn much except how to hunt and defend yourself before you're left to the world. I figure my experience in that would help those joining the pride here that might end up in a class they weren't quite expecting." He had litterally landed on the highest end of the spectrum and had been quite shocked about it in a whole. "It helps me to move past the family I'll never see again, save the few familiar faces that have joined since I've been here like Nkanyenzi. He was a little younger than myself when I left and now he's here."

He wasn't sure it would help her at all, but he figured sharing a little bit as to why he took the rank itself would at least give her a better perspective on who he was as a character.  
"I have, but there is not much one can accomplish in my class," Mulika told him with a sort of sad smile. She could not help the time in which she was born, but she also believed that things were the way the Great Lion wanted. She was not meant to be a high class lioness, and that was okay with her. All she could dedicate herself to was hunting and maintaining what few social bonds she had made within the pride. The fact that she was not a lady did not hinder her, but it still left her few avenues to pursue.

"I could switch to being a guard, but I am ill-fit for the task, I believe." She was a fine huntress who did her duty to the pride, but if the pride ever came to danger she would not be the correct lioness to defend it. So, she stuck to what she knew she could accomplish. Mulika just didn't have the desire yet to climb through the ranks, and if she didn't have it now, it was unlikely she would have it in the future.
She listened to him, dark eyes attentive, her expression neutral. Mulika knew he was a joining rogue, but she had no idea where he was from or what his life had truly been like before then. It was interesting to hear him open up to her, but at the same time she almost felt guilty about refusing to do the same. Mulika rarely went over the details of her past. She felt as if she left it behind her, then she could move forward. The pale lioness functioned well in the pride because of it, and was generally happy.

"You've done well for yourself here," she commended with a kind smile. "I feel as if you've found your place within the Mwezi'Johari, that perhaps it was good that you were cast out from your old home." Her words weren't meant to reassure him, but rather to praise him for the choices he had made. Being turned away from his homeland, he still survived, and he made it into a new pride at the highest of ranks. His fortune had turned quickly, and was well-deserved. "I hope this pride is as much of a home to you as your last one. The Great Lion surely has guided you here."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:03 am
He gave a small nod of his head, she wasn't so far down the ranks that she could only do one sole job. Not that it was a bad thing to have happen, there were plenty he knew that couldn't do much at all, but they did what they could given their circumstances.

"Have you thought of becoming a Hunt Leader?" He figured she might be good at that, she was authorative in some ways and it would definitely suit her and give her a little more to do aside looking for food. He was mostly certain she had already thought of it, if anything, given her length of stay in the pride. Still, the figured he might inquire.

"Thank you." His reply was warm and heartfelt for her praise. "I have considered this pride my home for quite some time now. I don't think I'd feel right anywhere else." He just felt suited here and he had a purpose even if it was only fleeting. He knew unless he married someone else in high class he'd lose his position but he was okay with that.

"The Great Lion has a plan for us all." Giving a small nod of his head he glanced skyward for a breif moment.

Not wanting to keep her much longer he gave her a small bow goodbye. "I don't want to keep you much longer Mulika. Perhaps I shall see you tomorrow." At least he hoped he would, or in a day or so. He was fond of spending time with her, even if it didn't go anywhere romantically. There was something about her that was lightening to his soul. Smiling he turned and headed off.

Krysin
in case her muse is back for you or what not <3

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces