[PRP] Water [Tonrar x Tyson]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:21 am
For the most part Tonrar was a good soldier and she had more than proven herself among the ranks of the other firekins. No one questioned her a bout her size or her family out side of the pride. Life had been good and fair with in the firekin boarders.

The one thing that kind of sucked a lot was the heat. And with her dark pelt the heat was not always kind to Tonrar which meant the lioness was on the search for water a bit more often than some of the other members. She'd grown up in the swamps in her youth which meant that she was used to a more moist environment that most others with in this pride.

This was a shame she kept to her self as it wasn't something worth discussing. None in her ranks had ever pestered her for her thirst for water being a tad greater than others because it did not effect her ability to preform her duties.

The thing was... when she approached the water reserves near her station they were low.

"Figures," She grumbled.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:56 am
User ImageTyson wasn’t a particularly large firekin. Not that he was small, but he was really just about average for a male, which made him on the small size for a member of the Motoujamii. His smaller size though made him ideal to be a water seeker. He wasn’t much of a fighter after all and almost every male in the pride out strapped him in the muscle department.

He had created a couple of gourds a long time ago, with these gourds he could carry several letres of water to the varying waterholes around the pride. Even though it was early in the day he had pitched up to several of the water stations with his bottles filled. This was his next stop. As he pulled to a halt he smiled lightly and looked at the dark lady waiting to take a drink. “If you give me a moment, I’m here to fill it.” He smiled trotting past the female without a moments hesitation.

“Sorry for keeping you waiting miss. This is my last call this morning, I’m running a bit late.” He turned and smiled softly. “I hate to keep you soldiers waiting but sometimes my paws get stuck in the sand.” He grinned a cheeky grin, what he actually meant was he got side tracked, but she didn’t need to know that.

Syrius Lionwing

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:23 pm
Syrius Lionwing

Tonrar stared at the male for a moment before backing away from the water source so he could finish his duties. She wasn't used to lions being so formal and so polite. Not that the firekin were a bunch of rough and tough lions with no brains but it wasn't exactly a pride she expected such gentle manners.

She was intrigued to say the least.

"Your paws got stuck in the sands? I know how that is." She nodded, "I feel like even the most nimble of the fire blooded make awkward mistakes with the sands. I also suspect the sands may be why the lions here are so muscle heavy... I mean walking on sand takes twice the effort than walking any where else."

Oh wait she was rambling. Tonrar chuckled to her self as she had forgotten her own manners.

"Tonrar by the way. Nice to meet you water keeper."

Eagerly she eyed the water in his possession.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:00 am
Alpaca Chobi

Tyson dumped his water in to the drinking water, while his ears twitched at her words. He chuckled. Her words resonated with him, sure everyone got stuck in the sand but he hadn’t gotten stuck really, he had been playing around on the dunes surfing down the sand and enjoying himself but he didn’t want to say that so he cleared his throat to hides a chortle and gave a very serious nod.

“Hi yeh, uhm, everyone gets stuck in the sand now and then.” He smiled at the lioness and nodded to the fresh water he had dumped in the station. The rest of her ramble left a grin on his maw. He’d never really thought about that. Maybe it was because he liked to use gravity to get every where he could, was the reason he wasn’t quite as large and muscular as his primal companions.”I never really thought about that, makes sense.”

He paused in thought before he looked at her, she was thirsty, well thats as what he was here for. “Drink away.” The black and white lion sat on his haunches. This was his last drop off at least until his evening run and it was most unusual for him to find a lion waiting for him, at least one that wasn’t trying to bite his head off for being slow, or late. She was civil.

It lead him to believe that she must not be from here most soldiers were curt and liked to glare if the sun got too high and their water source was low. “Tyson.” He replied simply a smile rising on his maw. “Drink your fill before the more angry customers come.” He sighs, he could easily say life was hard for him but it wasn’t really, as long as he kept on top of his duties others mostly left him alone despite his ‘diminuative’ size.  

Syrius Lionwing

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:05 pm
Syrius Lionwing

Tonrar didn't wait to push her face in to the water and start lapping up the freshly poured water. The cold fluid was soothing the moment it had touched her tongue and made its way to her belly allowing her body to begin a much needed cool down. Her eyes closed as she greedily lapped up water and enjoyed the moment of relief from the heat. Finally, she lifted her head. Water was dripping from her maw now and she was satisfied.

"Sorry I didn't mean to be so rude... I was so thirsty and .... Well.. Uh .. Yeah, you're right . More are coming for water and I've just had my fill." She gave a small smile.

"Tonrar." She offered in exchange for this males name. "It's a pleasure to meet you Tyson... Now that you're done with your duties do you want to rest a bit in the shade with me? Its always hot but its particularly hot today. Can't be easy lugging all that water with such a dark pelt."  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:32 pm
Alpaca Chobi

The black and white male chickled as he watched her dunk her head in to the water. He couldn’t blame her of course, after training hard everyone liked a drink of fresh water. He supposed she was lucky he came along when he did, or maybe he was just lucky that no one else saw him being just a bit later than usual.

“It can be thirsty work, soldiering.” He commented, he automatically assumed that because she was here that she was a soldier of course. Anyone else found drinking from this particular font would undoubtedly face the wrath of unhappy brigades as they left their daily training.

Her offer of a shadowy respite was well received and with a grin the smaller than average firekin gave a nod. “I would love to!” Bowing his head he let a paw sweep away “Lead the way. I’m sure you have a favourite spot.” He smiled. She was clearly not born in the firekin, and he was curious, her name was one indication though also her civil manner. Not a lot of soldiers spoke to the water seekers so kindly. He gave a shrug at her other comment “I’v never known any different, I was born here, the heat just sort of sinks in to you so you stop noticing.”  

Syrius Lionwing

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:11 pm
Syrius Lionwing

"I will lead the way then," She agreed and padded on ahead looking for that one spot she'd found a few days ago. There had been enough shade for a few lions to huddle underneath comfortably.

"There will probably be a crowd gathering around that freshly gotten water soon so I do like the idea of not being caught up in it." She admitted as the shady spot drew closer her padding got quicker out of eagerness to get out of this heat.

"So Tyson huh? Find it weird we both have T names. Weird or funny. Maybe its more funny."

Tonrar let out a sigh of relief the moment her paw stepped on the shade. There was a drastic difference in the temperature outside of the shade. Some how the shade was cooler like there was no sun on the outside. The cool sand was welcomed beneath her paws as she went further in to take a nice welcomed cool seat.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:59 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Tyson followed her happily his tail swishing in the air. She was a lovely lioness. It was unusual for him to get such a nice reception. Stepping in to the shade the black and white male gave a gentle sigh, though he was of course used to the heat it was still nice to get out of the sun for a while.

He sits at the edge of the shadows, letting the female make herself comfortable. Her amusement at their names made him chuckle “My mother liked to find more unusual names. Our pride is full of Moto she always said.” He grinned broadly. His mother could be very candid.

“Do you enjoy being a soldier?” He queried.  

Syrius Lionwing

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:21 pm
Syrius Lionwing

There was a grin at his story about his mother. "She sounds like a great woman. Moto huh? I don't know if I've noticed or paid attention," She was being honest about that.

Tonrar lifted a brow at the males question if she enjoyed being a soldier. She thought for a moment before opening her maw to give Tyson a proper answer.

"Yeah. I think I do... I don't know if enjoy is the word as much as I feel a strong sense of purpose being a Soldier. What about you as a water seeker?" She reflected the question back towards him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:07 am
Alpaca Chobi

Tyson gave a chuckle and an affirmative nod “Yeh, it’s an honour to be called Moto but, my mother, she preferred to go a more unique route.” He smiled gently. “She is a great mother.” He gave an affirmative nod.

Taking a breath the black and white male smiled wistfully. “I like it.. It gives me lots of time alone, time to contemplate.. It also gives me time to goof off.” He grins, he was actually a good water seeker, when he put his mind to it, it was just heliked to play sometimes and it was that play time that got him in to all sort of bother. “It can be difficult when your family is full of warriors. I can hold my own in a fight, but against the rest of my family, I’m sort of lacking.” He shrugged his shoulders at this. He was hardly small but he was definitely smaller than your average firekin.

“Some soldiers wont even speak to a water seeker, it is why I was a little surprised.” He grinned. “I’m glad you did though, it can get a little lonely even in a pride this size.”  

Syrius Lionwing

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:37 pm
Syrius Lionwing

"Hmmm..." Tonrar looked thoughtful. She had come from a pride that had been on the religious side and less on the warrior side. She'd been feisty ever since cub hood but those were not the values upheld by her own pride so she left when she'd gone on her name quest. There was no guilt to be had as she was going after her destiny.

"I see.. That sounds like a hard existence. . . I wasn't treated completely capable when I first joined. I had to work really hard but I really wanted to you know. I've noticed the firekin can be stubborn and opinionated. " She mused.

"Well I'll talk to you any time you want," She offered getting up. "I already have a stigma against me because of my size so who cares." She nodded.  
[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games