[PRP] meeting the clan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:51 pm
Onacona Kanesda was ready to get out! The constant feeling of him being watched by his mother, her bird, his brother, his bird, his father's companion, sister, or even her companion was just unnerving.

"I'll be finnnnne. I promisseee. Pleaasee can I just...go see the other clan members?" Ona pleaded with his brother U'no'le. The older brother had been left to watch the siblings, while the older adults went off on their personal time. Ona never questioned why. It was an adult thing apparently, and there was no way he was going to get into it!

"You are too young to go out on your own. You need someone to watch you, and I have your siblings to watch as well. So the answer is no."

"Maybe...Maybe I can go with him," Enzi chirped from U'no's shoulder. "I'll keep a good eye on him. He's probably still light enough to pick up if I need to fly his butt right back here. Come on, Un...We will be back in an hour. Right, Ona?" The bird glanced to the cub, who stared at him in a bit of shock.

"Uhm...hour...right. YEAH right! See U'no! Enzi will...go with me..." His tone faded as the words left. He really wanted to go exploring on his own, but if that's what it took, then so be it!.

"...Fine. One hour." U'no'le groaned. His parents would kill him if they found out.

"ALRIGHT. Let's go!" Ona quickly scampered away from his brother, the blue bird flying in tow.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dohi was humming to herself, feeling the soft breeze tease her head-tuft. The white-and-black hairs swirled around as she laughed, enjoying the beautiful day. She knew that there were things to do; work was never ending as the alu'nadi. At the very minimum, there always seemed to be someone needing more tattoos. More stories to be woven onto their fur, for all to know of their accomplishments. She never liked to tattoo anything negative. Even if one had a large mistake to learn from, Dohi believed it was better to leave that imprint on their minds, and not their fur.

Her light green eyes caught small movements, and she narrowed in to notice that it was one of the boys from the newest litter in the Bird clan. She also took note of a blue bird following him; a clear sign that at least someone knew where he was.

Still....though she had helped start them on their tattoo journey, it couldn't hurt to introduce herself again, could it? So she headed off towards them, following the duo to see where they were running off to.

KasaiLoki

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:40 pm
Safaia

"Hey, slow down...Ona!" Enzi screeched. "Oi these wings are not what they use to be." He grumbled as the cub ran. He turned his head, noticing the alu'nadi seemed to be following. Uh-oh. "Hey hey hey...Ona! company! Will you...ergh." The bird flapped his wings to get in front of the running cub, stopping quickly before him on ground level. He still ended up being crashed into, causing him to groan.

"Oh..sorry Enzi." The cub grinned, nudging his brother's feathered companion up. "Did you say company?" His ears perked. Well, at least he was half right when he told his brother he would go meet some other clan members, even he vaguely remembered seeing the tattooed female before.

Cub minds and memories were never a good combination.

His head tilted, deciding to head in the direction of the female, rather than away.

"Where do you think you are going...Ona..stoppp." Enzi all but shouted. U'no'le owed him. BIG TIME.

"Hi there! You look familiar." his eyes trailed to her tattoos. "Wooowwee! You have a lot of tattoos! My brother has a lot of tattoos like you. Not my younger brothers, but my older ones. My sister too. Er---older sister, not younger ones." The cub rambled with a goofy grin of his face.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 pm
KasaiLoki

Dohi certainly felt pity for the poor bird that was trying to wrangle the cub from getting into too much trouble. He seemed to be a bit spooked that she was following, as if the alu'nadi was about to go chase down wayward cubs!

She was laughing when the poor blue bird nearly got trampled, and continued her laughter as the duo approached her. That poor bird was going to need a good rest later; and he deserved it. Cubs could have boundless, endless, draining levels of energy.

"Hello there," Dohi said in between light laughter. She was trying to get ahold of herself, but the entire meeting had been hilarious from the very beginning. "You look very familiar too," she added with a smile.

"Yes, I have a good amount of stories to tell. You've just begun your life's story. Though now I'm wondering if you need a little bird tattoo, with how you've made your poor friend chase after you everywhere."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:03 pm
Safaia

"Remember, you told your brother ONE HOUR, Ona." Enzi reminded as he settled on the ground next to the cub, preening his crumpled feather as adult spoke. Occasionally he would snort here and there at her comment. Friend was a stretch for word. A good will gesture to his own bond was more like it.

"Oh yeah? I'm Ona!" A small ahem next to him made him restate that. "Oh... I mean...I'm Onacona Can-nest-a"

"Kanesda." At least he was close.

"What is your name?" Ona would probably forget it after their meeting to be honest, but it was nice he even asked. "Ohhhh what kind of stories?! What does that one mean?" The cub pointed to the curly tattoo on the lioness leg, that seemed to be riddled with triangular like shapes. He half remembered that the tattoos meant something personally to the Ela. It was something he'd understand when he was older.

He gasped all of a sudden. "CAN YOU GIVE ME WINGS LIKE ENZI!? I've always wanted to fly like him! Oh that would be so cool!" The cub started to circle the adult, his energy never waning.

"You're on your own to control him." Enzi stated Dohi, giving her a little shrug.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:13 pm
KasaiLoki

Dohi chuckled again when the avian reminded the little cub of a supposed time limit. Playing cubsitter was never easy, and Dohi always seemed to avoid the bulk of that duty....due to all her other duties. The nvwati of the clan did most of the ceremonial duties, but the alu'nadi did everything from assisting births to squashing petty squabbles.

"It is a pleasure to formally meet you, Ona. My name is Dohi. I am the clan's alu'nadiā€¦.or in easier terms, the clan mother. One if my big jobs is to tattoo each and every one of us that lives in the Bird clan." And at times, she felt like she needed an assistant. The nvwati would assist with some of the bigger tattoos, but as long as there wasn't a large birth surge (and so far, it didn't seem like it), she could keep up, if barely.

"Well, they can mean all sorts of things. The time of day you were born, whether the winds were blowing, or if it was cloudy. Where you learned to take your first steps, how you learned your first lesson. When you get older, we will mark your first hunt, or whether you participate in the great Sky Festival." She smiled down on him, already having a clue as to where his little mind might wander, with everything she had said.

"I suppose if you learn how to fly, then I can give you some wings," the dark lioness laughed, still feeling a bit bad for the blue avian.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:29 pm
Safaia
Ona apparently has a short attention span

Enzi was sure he had never formally met the alu'nadi before, though he had seen her around. He was sure U'no'le knew about her, as the lion knew most all members of the clan and then some from watching the dueling tournaments every year. Even though he participated in the festival this year, he still managed to acquire details about the other clans. For example, the Wolf clan had a lot of spectacular duelers this year.

Ona nodded, whether it was in reference to learning the female's name, or just listening to her who she was in the pride, or the story of the tattoo. So, basically he could interpret the tattoos as he wanted. He looked down at his front paw, the orange tattoos already starting to cover his paw. He frowned, thinking what the markings could mean. He hadn't really experienced much yet in his life...unless of course you considered rolling into your brother who in turned, rolled into a boulder and injured himself to count?

...Nah, that happened after the tattoos were in place!

Hmm. Maybe when he was older he would figure it out.

"Ohhhh U'no'le and Ta'la'la both told me about the Sky Festival! They both were awful they said. Not me. I bet I will be good! Right, Enzi?!"

"Sure kid." Best not make a downfall of his hopes.

Ona came to a sudden halt, right before Dohi. "OKAY! I will be the first bird clan lion to learn to fly! Just you watch! Enzi will teach me and then we can go flying together in the sky and, oh man how fun would that be! Woya would be soooo jealous." The cub rambled, grinning.

"Sooo...I just come to you then when I am ready for a new tattoo, right? Oh man, that is SO COOL."

Typical typical cub mindset.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:01 pm
The cub seemed to be bouncing from topic to topic, faster than Dohi could keep up. Still, perhaps it was a good thing to encourage him to think about many different things in a single breath. He could open up his mind to a lot more possibilities that way.

"You know....if you do manage to learn the trick to flight, I bet that would help you be great at the tournament when you grow up. Bird clan could certainly use some more...skilled fighters." Dohi always thought it was funny, how poorly her brothers fought in the tournament. The Kanati family, all horrible duelists!

"And that would bring great pride to your family, not just you. Plus, what better way to brag that you're the stronger in the pride?" Oh boy, hopefully this cubs parents wouldn't give her too hard of a time trying to fill his little mind with all these lofty aspirations!

KasaiLoki

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:12 pm
Safaia

"I'm going to be the best! I am going to win this tournament when I am older!" Ona paused, frowning. "Wait. What is the name of this thing again? I gotta tell Woya!" The little lion wiggled in front of Dohi excited to hear the name of the yearly event. He couldn't recall if Ta'la'la or U'no'le had ever spoke of the real name or not.

"Ohhh I want to make momma and dad happy! Yes!" Maybe that would make cause them to smile more, and less frowning which is what they seemed to be doing an awful lot. Well, his mother at least. His father Ona could barely understand. He never looked at him, and when he spoke Ona never knew if it was to him or one of his siblings. He'd learn about what blindness was in his future, but it seemed to be a subject his parents and older siblings never spoke of.

"THANKS DOHI. I'mma be the very best and strongest there is! BIRD CLAN RULES." Ona squealed, scampering away from the older adult intent of finding a big boulder to start testing his flying skills on.

Enzi watched the cub run off, fluffing his feathers as he shook his head. "Er---Have a good day, Dohi. Sorry about the munchkin. Too much energy not even I can contain." Maybe when the blue bird was younger he could control the hyperactivity that was a cub, but he couldn't even remember U'no being this active.

He quickly took to the sky, following the white and yellow cub from the air. Oh please don't go hurting yourself. He muttered to himself, a watchful gaze on the youngster.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:10 pm
"Ah...." Dohi was about to call out for him to come back, but the guardian bird was polite enough to offer a farewell before following after his charge. She watched the little cub bouncing away, clearly ready to test the limits of gravity. That avian may lose all of its feathers due to stress with how...overzealous that Ona was.

"Well, at least I'm sure he will get home before his curfew is up," she chuckled to herself. Time would tell if Dohi got herself into a little trouble with his parents for painting a dream of flying, but they were part of the bird clan, after all. Ah well, back to her never-ending duties as the alu'nadi.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas