Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:13 am
It was a nice enough environment to spend time in, plus he had a great view that overlooked one of the nearby valleys. That was really the only reason he spent time near this particular pride. While he hadn't actually been on the pride's lands he'd been upon their boarder and had a couple of the members here and there. It wasn't all so bad, though he knew he wasn't exactly welcome nor was he un-welcomed. Currently he was appearing as your average lion just hanging out on a rock. He had mastered the little trick of illusion finally and was content with just being around.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:13 am
Kuimba liked to wander around at the borders. It was a good place to find inspiration. Though she did not have to work for a living, as she had when she was a rogue, she still enjoyed composing and singing songs. Luckily, her voice was beautiful and she had always been classed as a song bird. She was glad of this, she couldn’t imagine singing if she wasn’t good at it. Today was like any other day, she was searching for new inspiration, new songs that would just filter in to her while she trotted about. This was her life and she loved it. “If I had words, to make a day for you, I’d sing you a morning, golden and true.” She sang, her voice lifting and lilting beautifully.

Hato sighed, she was the lionesses companion, despite their similar look though, the waterbuck was not a singer. She was more of a protector. Kuimba had joined the pride not that long ago to escape the rogue lands and find a home, yet the lionesses insisted on travelling the borders nearly every day. It was most exasperating. “Can’t you just sing in your head? You don’t know who might be watching and you might attract unwanted attention!” She huffed.

Kuimba laughed gently and nudged her companion. “we are safe here silly. There’s no need to worry.”  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:14 am
There was a matching duo walking his way, though they weren't the same species. While he wasn't completely familiar with the species he knew it was sometimes common for the dominant species to take a familiar companion, he figured this was one of those such occasions. "What are you singing?" He asked getting up from his relaxed position to look upon the female and her familiar friend.

"Not that you should stop, you have a lovely voice. I'm just curious." The large male said as he cocked his head slightly.  
Kuimba stopped mid stride and let her gaze fall on the brightly coloured male. Well the last thing she had actually expected out here was to run in to someone to, well, shiny. “You’re very shiny.” She stated rather simply settling herself in to a sit. She smiled and tilted her head “Oh, its just a little something I’m trying to compose, but I haven’t quite gotten all of the words together yet.” She smiles brightly, her dark eyes fixed squarely on the very large male. “Thank you, I love to sing but sometimes all of the words are not there.”

The waterbuck looked at the large lion wearily, her own coal coloured eyes whipped over the massive male. “We should turn around Kuimba, he might be dangerous. Size of him.” She grunted casting a quick glare at the male. He was mighty suspicious.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"Thank you." He said pleased with her compliment. He'd never been called shiny before so that was a new one, but it wasn't bad.

"It's very lovely, I can't sing or compose so that fact you can is a gift in itself." Complimenting her in return, even though it wasn't because she'd complimented him first.

"Sometimes words aren't needed." Adding that in there he looked over at the waterbuck. "Your friend doesn't like me it looks like." Laughing a hearty laugh he gave a flashy smile.

"Have I done something to offend you?" He asked the creature.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:19 pm
Kuimba smiled and laughed a sweet musical laugh. Her dark eyes danced, pleased that he had complimented her voice. “Well I like to speak the truth.” She rumbled. Glancing at the waterbuck she rolled her eyes “Oh don’t mind her she’s just a nervous nelly. It happens when you’re hunted by others.” She shrugged her shoulders. “if its any consolation she doesn’t trust anyone.”

The waterbuck grunted andshook her head. “There is nothing wrong with being cautious. He doesn’t smell like the pride he could be from any where. You should know to be more cautious you lived in the wild for long enough.”

The lioness game a huff “Okay, okay. This fine fellow isn't dangerous though. If he was, he would have attacked us already don’t you think?”  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:20 pm
You could almost cut the air with a claw, not really though. The Waterbuck definitely didn't like him though, that was a first. He finally met someone who was cautious of him and he wasnt even in his true form.

"Right you are, though I can assure you I mean you know harm. Trust me, if I had wanted to hurt either of you I would have by now."

He wasnt sure if that was comforting or alarming, oh well.

"I'm called lim. "  
The dark lioness raised a brow at the male. Well, she wasn’t really sure if that was a comfort or not to be agreed with. for the briefest of moments she wondered if her waterbuck companion was right and that she should just have this particular conversation end here, turn herself around and march on home. Yet, the male seemed so interesting with his commanding stature and beautiful colour she couldn’t help but stay rooted to the spot.

“I’m Kuimba and the grumpy waterbuck is Hatu, don’t mind her she is eternally cautious.” She paused for a moment, licking her lips “Are you a member of the pride Lim?” She tilted her head, she didn’t know everyone of course but she thought she would have recognised this Goliath if she had even glimpsed him before.

Hatu stamped a hoof on the ground and made a startled look at the large male lion. Well that made her trust him less. “Stop making chit chat. He clearly isn’t a member of the pride. Let’s go home before something bad happens. I don’t trust this so and so.” She huffs glaring very suspiciously at the big male.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"I am not, but I've meet a couple other members not long ago." He added, he would likely never join a pride.

When her companion kept insisting they should go he chuckled. "I'll take my leave, your friend seems animate I do so anyways. It was a pleasure Kuimba." With that the male turned and walked away.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:14 pm
“Ohh Hato, he looked really interesting and you scared him off.” She huffed, her gaze following the brightly coloured male before she decided she might as well let him go. Her companion was clearly not going to let her stay. “Let’s go home then. So much for finding some inspiration.” She sighed getting to her paws and padding back towards the dens, though maybe he had given her an idea for a song “Good morning star shine..” She mused as she padded towards home.

Hato grunted, she wasn’t unhappy that the other lion had left. She snorted at his retreating rear and caught up to the lioness. Well it sounded like she’d thought of something for a new song. Still the suspicious male aside at least they were leaving the borders again. She really did have to convince the lioness to stay closer to home. It really wasn’t safe out here.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas