Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands
[Backlog - West] A Beautiful Night (Kilua x Yareha)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The moon was hard to see between the trees, but there was no mistaking how bright it was. Kilua wasn't having any trouble seeing where she was, and though the moonlight was only speckled among her coat due to the trees, it comforted her. She was still nervous about her new pride, her new home, so far away from her birthlands and family. The idea of a religion circling around the moon had seemed a bit strange to her in the beginning, but waking up underneath the blessing of the Great Lion's open eye had cemented her belief. It was a blessing, one that she had been able to share with Yareha. Still, at times she caught looks, like somehow she had cheated the process. Kilua knew about Yareha, but at times she wondered if she would fully understand how others saw him.

In this strange pride full of unknown lions, the looks were more curious, more full of interest than accusations. She felt herself relax more, and was thrilled to be able to spend a night with just Yareha, surrounded by strangers. Strange meats, strange trinkets, strange plants....she absolutely loved everything about.

"Yareha," she breathed, turning to her mate with her beaming violet eyes. "Isn't it beautiful tonight?"

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So much had happened. They were far from the Mwezi, yet surrounded by their pridemembers and his kin. The Tianxia wasn't a bad sort of place, although it was somewhat eye opening to see cheetahs and leopards as pride members too. Still, it was interesting to be able to travel and yet not be an aimless wandering rogue like before.

Yareha turned to his mate and smiled at her words. "Maybe," he replied playfully. "But it's not as beautiful as you."

He truly loved her, and in ways that he'd never loved a lioness before. Not even Laelia. He'd been so stupid back then, but that was years ago. Kilua would never have to experience the idiocy that had seen him exiled from the Mwezi'Johari. That was Yareha's silent promise.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:30 pm
She would never admit that she half-expected him to say those words to her, but she felt herself flush, her head spinning just a little bit. He seemed to say it more than she ever expected to hear, but even still it wasn't something her ears had gotten used to hearing.

"Oh....come now," she said, clearly flustered but trying to laugh it off. She had always been shy, but even when it was just the two of them, she still felt her confidence falter. "You can at least admit that my beauty...amplifies it? ....oh that sounded just horrible!" The last bit of her sentence jumbled together, and she cringed and laughed at the same time.

"How do you always manage to say those things so smoothly?" she asked him, genuinely, though her cheeks were still a bit hot and she had a bashful smile on her face. "I feel like a rhino trying to walk gracefully through flowers when I attempt anything like that..."

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:34 pm
Yareha just held his peace as Kilua stumbled through her words. He wasn't going to tell her the real reason he was so good at flattery - all those other lionesses. Yes, they'd talked about it, but he knew far better than to bring such a touchy subject up during a romantic moment. No woman likes to hear that she's far from the first, although he'd sworn to her that there would be no others.

"Well, who says rhinoceri aren't graceful? Obviously they find each other attractive, even if we might not have any idea why," he observed. "So I love how you stumble over your similies for me." To soften any inadvertant offense, the lion leaned over to nuzzle his mate lovingly.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:53 pm
Kilua's eyes blinked slowly a few times, having a very hard time imagining that anyone could really believe an awkward rhino in flowers could ever be attractive, even to its own kind. She sighed slightly and shrugged, returning the nuzzle whole-heartily. "As long as you never expect fancier words from me...I think we'll be fine."

She sighed again, deeper, and more content. The soft swaying sounds of the breeze in the trees was soothing, and the unfamiliar call of night birds kept her ears swiveling about here and there.

"Still, as magical as this place seems, it'll be nice when we are home again," Kilua mused, completely unaware (as most of the Mwezi group were) that the leaders of the West House and Mwezi'Johari were bristling at one another. Though the idea of home brought her to another topic.

"Do you think we should try to bring some gifts home...?" Kilua didn't have many friends in Mwezi yet, but perhaps Yareha had some family he wanted to bring back some gifts for.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:59 pm
"Even if your words were like dull boulders, they'd still be beautiful coming out of your mouth," Yareha declared. Besides he didn't need pretty compliments. He loved to give them to Kilua of course, but he'd been flattered by some of the best in his empty meaningless one night stands.

The white male stiffened slightly as Kilua's tone changed, indicating a change of topic. He'd thought he knew how the night would end, but now it seemed she wanted to turn the discussion outwards from the two of them. But Yareha relaxed again as she brought up the subject of gifts.

"I'm not sure that's feasible. What would we bring? And how would we decide who got something and who didn't? Given my relatives, we might as well bring home something for every single member of the pride and even if they were tiny seeds, it'd still be a huge weight and hassle to lug home."

For all he was still a charmer, sometimes Yareha could be incredibly dense.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:21 pm
Kilua laughed at Yareha's complaining. It briefly reminded her of her own family, a lifetime ago. "Well, look who's complaining about his huge family," she teased with a warm heart. "We could bring back just one item, as a means to show them that they all missed out on this place, and the artistry here!" That way, maybe she could keep something pretty, and yet have all appearances of being innocent in her scheme!

Part of her just wanted a keepsake; this had been an adventure where she felt like her heart was full.

"But...we can always worry about that another day. I think we still have some time left here. I just wanted to toss it out there....see what you'd say. Seeds, pffft." Kilua laughed, just imagining taking pawful after pawful of seeds home, only for none of the plants to take to the earth. The disappointment, and yet...it was a funny mental image, Yareha lugging seeds home to his perplexed family.

And every time Kilua tried to stifle her laughter, she laughed even harder. "Yareha….why did you put that image into my head?" she asked between breaths.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:26 pm
"Well, if you wanted a pretty piece for yourself, I see no problem bringing that home," Yareha replied. Kilua was right about showing the rest of the pride what they'd missed out on - many had had the option to come and chosen to remain home. He didn't begrudge them their decisions, but it never hurt to...subtly rub their faces in it.

The lion grinned as his mate dissolved into uncontrollable bouts of laughter. He hadn't thought it was quite that funny, but he wasn't opposed to making her laugh that hard.

"I don't know, I say a lot of things. I never know why you choose to focus on one instead of another. Were the boulders so funny?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Tianxia Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces