Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] Wherever the Light Touches (Mei & Renahi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:32 am
User Image

Aside from loving the early morning sun, she also loved the view from up here. It may not be the flat platform that the Pridelands was famous for, but in her opinion, the very tip top of Pride Rock was one of the best places to look out from. You could see everything from up here.

Plus it was a great place to scout out where she wanted to hunt today. Mei was hoping to find something good to bring back to the pride, and the fewer unwanted surprises that came along, the better.

Pink tail flicking behind her, the lioness opened her previously closed eyes to scan the sun-kissed ground ahead of her. Where to hunt... where to hunt....

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:48 am
MangoMeow

Renahi couldn't...he just couldn't keep up with the shenanigans of his golden siblings, or his twin. Instead, he needed to focus on him. He was growing older. He had more hair on his head, and he was appearing lankier in form. Soon, he would look just like his dad, and have the responsibilities of an adult. He'd get away with things now because of his age, but that time was rounding to a close.

Bright blue eyes scanned the area, spotting a female he hadn't met before. It was no surprise, the Pridelands were a pretty place. If he knew everyone he might've well be considered the God of Knowing All Things.

He shifted, deciding to go speak with her. After all, he needed friends in the pride that were not related to him. That rosey-gold color he was sure meant no relations what so ever.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:11 am
Mei was staring intently at a nice, sunny patch of land, eyeing a herd of gazelle that were beginning to stir there, when he approached. Her ears flicked up and she turned her head almost cautiously before softening at the sight of him. Ah, she was fairly certain she remembered seeing him around the pride at some point, or perhaps a family member of his. Either way, it wasn't a random stranger.

Then again, how would they have gotten so far into the pride lands if they weren't a Pridelander in the first place?

Smiling, the lioness turned a bit more fully towards him. "Good morning!"

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:30 am
MangoMeow

A smile on his maw, Renahi beamed at the female. "Good morning!" He approached slowly, but still kept a comfortable distance. The male had learned that you never got to close to others until they welcomed the approach.

The adolescent shifted to a seat. The feather on his rope necklace swaying in the small breeze. It was a gift given to him from a goddess, the only evidence he had to show the deity had actually existed.

"I am Renahi," He introduced. "Son of Shujaa and councilor Jamii'Binti." He liked to give a full history of his lineage. Sometimes in a pride this large it was necessary for others to know just exactly who you were.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:45 am
She watched as he settled down nearby, head tilting at the distance, but not opposed to it either. In fact, she appreciated it. People who were too touchy-feely out the gate wore on her nerves sometimes. Pretty much the only exception thus far had been Meera, and that was mostly because she practically exuded innocence in her every step. Hard to be wary of someone like that.

She blinked down at the necklace he was wearing as well, before turning her head back out at the field in front of them. Curious as she was, it wasn't her place, and she wasn't about to pry, though she did chuckle a bit at his introduction. So formal! The last time someone had introduced themselves like that around her, she'd still been living in her old pride.

Mei tilted her head back at him, eyeing him with one light blue eye. "I'm Mei. It's short for Méiguī jīn, but," she grimaced, "I've always thought that was a handful to say." The lioness debated whether to say more, before nodding, "Well, son of Shujaa and Jamii'Binti," it was said with a slight lilt of amusement, "I'm a former Tianxian. Arrived with the group that visited, and chose to stay once they left." She gave a wistful smile, "It was hard not to fall in love with this place."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:53 pm
MangoMeow

Renahi's facial feature faltered at the introduction of her full name. His ears twisted on top of his head, obviously contemplating a thought to it.

"That is quite a unique name though. What does it mean?" He listened as she introduced herself as a former Tianxian. He had heard of that pride...Wasn't that where the current king's lineage was from? He shrugged inwardly a bit, shaking his head. He'd ask his parents to be sure, they were old, they would know.

"I like Mei though." He smiled. "I don't know too much outside it. I was born here, and I can't see myself leaving. Though my siblings seem to be rearing to go." Both his twin and his golden siblings seemed to be aching to leave the Pridelands. Renahi would try to stop them, but he knew the efforts would be futile.

"What's it like...on the outside that is?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:17 am
Mei gave a tentative smile at his question. "It means 'rose gold', something I'm sure my parents came up with after seeing my fur color," she said with a wry glance down at her chest fur, "Though I don't think I look very 'gold', myself. Not like a lot of the Pridelanders, anyway."

She tilted her head to think at his next question. Truthfully, her experience with the rogue lands was limited to traveling with her past pride. She wouldn't say what it was like as a rogue, whose life she was sure was much more harsh. That said, she could at least give her experience with it.

"It can be... very different. There are some places that are very similar to the Pridelands, but also places where it's vastly different. The cultures tend to vary between prides too. For example, the Tianxia are much more... formal, I guess you could say? The pride is divided by class, and everyone has a specific job, rather than just being a hunter or huntress." Mei clucked her tongue, "But that's just the Tianxia. Other prides have their own ways of doing things."

The lioness turned to face him again, "The rogue lands can vary too, though it is a much more lonely existence, I'd think. I've never been one, but I know they spend a lot of their time alone." She grimaced, "I don't think I'd be cut out for that life."

"Perhaps your siblings will find somewhere they fall in love with too out there, like I did. Or maybe they just need to see the world before coming home." She paused with a grin, "Lucky you though, for knowing where you belong."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:36 pm
MangoMeow

Renahi shrugged a bit. "You're like...the color of the sky in the early morning hours, or right in the evening as the sun sets." The adolescent contemplated. "My brother is the epitome of gold." The color ran in his family, acquired from many of the great kinds of the past, most notably Mufasa. Renahi and his twin Anahi, managed to get their darker color from another royal bloodline that had mingled years before they were even born.

The adolescent listened, intrigued on her words, ears shifting on his head as she stated the difference. "I wouldn't know how a pride could be divided by class..." He murmured. The Pridelands were just clumped together. Sure hunters would travel with hunters, or scouts with scouts, but the majority mingled with no separation between the ranks.

"That sounds interesting though." He finally commented. When she spoke of the loneliness in the roguelands, he frowned.

"I guess that why we see an influx of rogues sometimes." He shook his head. "I'm just use to this life, I don't think I would want it any other way." Rehani said honestly.

"Nah. Mwitu and Msako won't want to come back once they live outside. I just know it. Ana...well she might be questionable." She was his twin after all. Wasn't there suppose to be some kind of twin telepathy between them? Maybe it skipped a generation.

"Thank you for sharing," the male was always polite. "Sometimes others aren't very open with what the outside is like."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:04 am
She nodded at that, agreeing that she didn't think she'd want it any other way either. She may have changed prides, but becoming a rogue was an entirely different field. She didn't think she would want it either. Perhaps that made her less adventurous than others, but hey, she didn't view that as a bad thing.

Mei smiled as he continued, chuckling, "It's no problem. I wish I could give you more of a description than the small amount I know." She paused, before shaking her head, "Maybe you'll find a rogue someday who will tell you of what they experienced, or maybe one of your siblings will even return to tell their tale." Who knew what the future would hold.

But she did know what the immediate future would hold, at least for her. The pink lioness glanced up at the sky, and then hummed, "I'd best start my hunt now though." She glanced at him as she stood, "You're welcome to join me, if you'd like."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:13 am
MangoMeow

Hah. Ask his siblings? That would be a joke. Renahi was sure he'd likely not see them again if they chose to leave the pride for other adventures. She shrugged slightly, not completely disagreeing with the female. "I guess I could ask my aunt. She lived in the roguelands for a bit." Although, she had returned rather quickly from what he understood, the story would likely be riddled with biasedness on why not to leave the pride.

Renahi wanted an honest opinion.

He shook his head, politely declining the offer. "I'm afraid I am not the best hunter here." It was why he chose the rank of Scout, and was learning their ways.

"I will see you around though, Mei. Have a safe hunt, okay?" He waved goodbye to the rose gold lioness, pivoting on his paws as he headed in the opposite direction.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces