[PRP] Moonlight [Cuin & Nova]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:05 pm
Cuinisilme was an adolescent with an insatiable amount of curiosity, and a tendency to fixate on some of the oddest things. In this case...it was the amazing, intricate markings on her....cousin? Yes. Yes, she was certain Nova was a cousin of hers, distantly related through her maternal grandfather. But whatever the relation aside, Nova's markings were amazing, and beautiful, and she wanted to know what they were. So one night, she trotted right up to her cousin, sat down in front of her, and gave her the most serious look she could muster.

"Where did you get those markings all over?"

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:59 pm
Das Tor

The kids were supposed to be out learning critical demonic lore with their mother. An entire litter minus.. One? Two sador, a whole history, and all that, and Nova anticipated a break, even from sweet Aerone and her far less kind demon, but no. No, Cuin had approached the tattooed lioness and asked the one question she acoided. Directly.

To her damned face.

Nova groaned, at first rolling over to try avoiding the answer, before getting up, sitting and looking to Cuin with the gaze of a lioness having an old scar pressed in a way to bring a fresh raw pain, and she scowled sharpky.

"They're tattoos. They were intended to continue and tell my story but as you can see, I don't add to them anymore."

A dead tradition from a pride she wanted to forget and a past she wanted to ignore entirely. Nova still agonized over her exile; why, how, and who allowed it. The pride cowered, feared conflict so when her mind wasn't working, she was thrown out, but the voices -- it took years to realize some thoughts weren't her voice -- were loud and some things.. They were true, right?

"I don't plan to elaborqate, Cuin. So you know in advance."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:57 am
Cuin raised a brow, startled a bit by the sador's reaction. So she'd hit a sore spot...interesting! "You may not plan to elaborate, but I'm curious. Because you and Ulo both have them, and Ulo has been teaching Coi how to make them, and now my Aunt Lachiell has something sort of like them on her shoulder." She leaned to one side a bit, tilting her head. She pointed to one of the tattoos on Nova's leg.

"What story does that one tell? You know everything about my siblings and I, I want to know more about you."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:09 am
Das Tor

Nova grimaced. No escaping now, and the lioness raised a paw slowly, frowning.

"Ulo... Doesn't have the story I do. He's happy to share and teach because his story is a happy one. If he's teaching, then that's his business. Maybe make the practice worthwhile."

At the question and motion to the raised paw, Nova stretched it, moving her paw to make the flame dance even a little.

"This was my biurth. My first days. I wasn't bitter then. I wasn't even aware I was sick then. I had life and hope and energy in spades to share and so my paws reflect that." She shifted, paw lowering as she indicated a tattoo. "My first speech, my first steps, my first mouse caught."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:37 am
"I don't think it's all happy. No one's is." She already knew that, despite not even being a full turn of the seasons old. She listened and looked, however, curious about the markings and what they represented. After Nova stopped speaking, Cuin leaned in closer to look at them, looking for a pattern. "Oh! This one, the one about the mouse? That reminds me a little of the tattoo Ulo gave Lachiell!" She knew to keep an eye on the crimson chil. "There's a lot different, a lot personalized between the two, but the basic strokes are still there."

Hmmm...maybe something similar would look good on a pendant or somesuch..."What about these ones around your wing markings?"

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:14 pm
Das Tor

Nova winced, eyes closing.

The memory itself was a fog -- born of confusion, anger, delusion and reality... A memory she wasn't proud of, a day she didn't think about, nor even discuss with Ulo.

There was no point anymore, in rreminding him WHY they were out there.

"They... are the last." Nova began. Her tone was soft, always, when thinking about pain, but this was also her shame, one being questioned by an innocent. "The day I was exiled. The mark of one scorned and cast to the rogue lands. Full meaning I can't tell you... Without warning my mind doesn't see it right. I see marks banishing me to the wild to die. What they really mean past exile, I don't know, nor will I ever ask. The pride I was in that did this will never take be back nor should I re3turn at any time. All I can say is the certainty they mark my shame and exile."

Nova looked away, shaking her head silently before laying down in a period of quiet, then siughed.

"It's why Idon't go out often really. I know my aunt is close to the pride for the safety... But I don't dare speak to her of it. So I prefer not to think of this. Not now, not ever. I'm sorry, little one, it isn't more."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:55 pm
Cuin tilted her head this way and that, mentally digesting the information. "I am sure they had their reasons. But they matter not now. You are here. You're a sador, but you are one of the Aegnor'hini now, and you are stronger for it." She knew her lessons, knew what it meant to be in the shadow of the hellgate. And she believed in every word. Believed that even those of them who were born outside the pride, those who were simply sador, all of them were the stronger for it, stronger than any outsider who didn't know the touch of the hells.

"You are safe here. And if you ever wish to venture out, you'll be safe with one of us by your side. Might I suggest one of the ran'ar'ma? They're strong of claw and of will!"

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:03 pm
Das Tor

"Perhaps, but my claws are unreliable as my mind." Nova finally sighed, looking to Cuin as she spoke, and then shook her head. "There's no place for me outside my duty and my den, beyond at my mate's side. The world's of no use for ones who's mind don't cooperate with them, let alone feeds them lies." The lioness turned, done with the topic, and shook herself out, eyes closed for several seconds. Was it lonely living in dens and avoiding the majority? Oh, likely, but she still socialized with thecubs, and that was something. Easier than many things, and the lioness sighed.

"Tis better for the pride for me to remain hidden, lest madness start to poison me again with some other vicious lie. Still, IO hope you were satisfied. I'm going to hunt. Ineed to unwind, and hunting will satisfy me nicely.

And with that, the sador moved to do just so -- one of few tasks away from the pride she tried to do anymore, and ears remained alert for unknown threats only she could think and feel, mood, low.

But it was meant to be -- who would trust a lion with a broken mind, but a fool, and the thought kept Nova somber as she padded on her way.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:31 pm
She wasn't done just yet! Cuin puffed up a bit and darted after the other pale lioness, meeting her stride for stride as best she could. "According to the world outside, we're all 'mad' here. And yet we all belong here, no matter the state of our mind or claws. Remember that, cousin." Her voice was steady, sure of itself. She might not be in line for heirship, not with her pelt, but she certainly had the royal blood running through her veins.

"If you ever want to talk more, you know where to find me, cousin." With that, she darted off to give the other her space.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:38 pm
Das Tor

"Hn."

Cuin was family -- and royal at that, but she didn't know. She didn't have the lies of false memories or events in her ears, nor did Cuin bare her claws due to them. While she understood, Nova also accepted it was possible none may understand still.

After all, she was only cousin, pale -- not royal by any means at all, and the lioness sighed, padding for the land outside to hunt, and to drown her thoughts in better things.

Perhaps nobody understood at all.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas