[PRP] Part of the grieving process

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:03 pm
What seemed like an eternity was likely only a few weeks since the sudden passing of her youngest brother, mother and father. Kalani had flown off when Kati was no longer around, but poor Linaeve, she seemed lost not having her blind companion around. Aadi had stuck with her mother a bit more during this time, leaving Ta'la'la by herself to grieve. Well, she had her brothers, and she had her younger siblings...but the poor cubs didn't know the concept of death. Ta'la'la wasn't sure how to break it to them.

So, instead of trying to, she wandered away, letting Aadi, Lina, U'no'le and Enzi focus on the litter. Skan had recently opened the clan for a joining rogue, so the yellow Bird clan member was going to investigate this new lion. She was curious why this male was accepted, when there was no ceremony around.

Ta'la'la was not looking forward to this Year's Sky Festival. Perhaps she could stay behind? She was sure the lead would not like that.

With a sigh, she sought of this new male. Best introduce herself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ufunuo's world had literally been shaken, all he had ever known had fallen in an instant as the earth shook and the rocks crashed down. His pride had fallen, those who survived forced from their lands. Ufunuo had been lost, separated from everyone, he did not know what had happened to his twin or his children, or the rest of his pride. For a time he had lost hope, completely alone without even the company of his winged companion, Daga, the eagle who had been at his side since he was a cub, who had carried him through the first tragedy of his life.

In that time he had considered, briefly, giving up. But Daga had never given up, had never stopped searching, and it was not long before he had found his young friend. Reunited, Ufunuo had found his hope again.

Since that day, the pair had wandered, searching, though for what Ufunuo did not know. Perhaps a place to call home, family that had been lost? Ufunuo had sometimes thought that Daga must be leading him somewhere, though where he could not have said. Now that he thought of it, Daga had seemed pleased when they'd reached the lands. Well, it was a beautiful land, and perhaps it was time at last to make a new home, to find a new family.

"Daga, how did you know of this land?"

The eagle rested on his shoulder, one wing out-stretched as he cleaned his feathers.

"Do you really think you're the only one I speak to? There are other birds in the skies."

"Right."

"You'll like it here, trust me, and you might find a few surprises."

"I'm not sure I want to know what you mean by that..."

Daga was not wrong though, he did seem to feel a....kinship to this land, to the clan of birds. Perhaps it was a fitting place for him to settle after all.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:04 pm
Amon Larethian
It didn't take long for Ta'la'la to spot the new male. He had a bird bond it seemed, which was quite fitting for the clan. The Kanesda watched him for a moment, frowning as she struggled to hear what he was saying. She was a little bit too far away to hear the conversation. Her parents were probably frowning down at her for intruding on a personal conversation to.

She quickly looked to tky, murmuring an apology before deciding to make her appearance known to the new male.

"What brings you this way?" Ta'la'la asked. Her normal greetings were usually more jovial, but every day it was finding a harder reason to smile. She had to though, at least with her younger siblings around. "I mean, pretty lucky for Skan to open the borders." She heard other rogues joining the other clans. She was pretty sure this male was the only newcomer to the bird clan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:14 pm
Daga smirked at his friend.

"When have I ever steered you wrong?"

"...I'm not sure you want me to answer that."

Ufunuo would have eyerolled at his avian friend, but he was distracted by the tap of a wing against his shoulder, Daga indicating that they had company. Hmm? Oh, a lioness, she must be from this pride, maybe she could help him find his way around his new home.

"I guess this is my home now."

He smiled at her, a friendly smile though a bit sheepish. He still was not entirely sure of himself in this new land.

"My name is Ufunuo, this is Daga."

"A pleasure to meet you."

Daga had none of Ufunuo's reservations, he was quite pleased they had found their way to this pride. They would fit in perfectly here, he knew it, and soon Ufunuo would see that too.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:46 pm
Amon Larethian

"Pleasure," she bobbed her head in greeting to the male and his avian friend. "I am Ta'la'la... Kanesda." She hesistated saying her surname, the constant reminder of the recent death of her parents. She shook her head. "Have you heard of the Ela'wadiyi? Where did you come from before?" Ta'la was curious to say the least, even if her facial expressions did not match the questions.

She knew life existed outside the Ela territory. The new arrivals that happened yearly were reminders of that, as well as her mother's rogue heritage, and father's pridelander background.

The tattooed female eyed Daga. "Fitting for you to have him. My mother had a avian companion. She liked to fly between the clans. My brother's bird likes to stay at home, geeking out at the skill set of the fighting skills of other clan members for the next Sky festival."

She enjoyed having a genet companion. They didn't go to far.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:04 pm
"Daga is the one who brought us here, I suppose he heard of these lands from his bird friends. I'm not sure where I'd be without him."

"Lost, that's where."

Ufunuo shot the bird a look, a shrug of his shoulder to shake him on his perch. Hush up! Ufunuo knew where he was and what he was doing, he wasn't some lost and scared cub anymore! Well, maybe he would have been lost. He had spent most of his life with the eagle at his side, when he'd thought him lost him, he had never felt so alone.

"I'm from a pride called the Aka'mleli, they're....gone now.

He looked away, a distance in his eyes. He wished he knew what had happened to his sister, what had happened to his children. Had they survived? Would he see them again?

"Daga has been with me since I was a cub. Hestia sent him to me, well that's what he says anyway."

The smile had returned to his eyes, taking pleasure in the indignant look from his eagle companion, the ruffled feathers.

"Maybe I should have left you in the desert."

There was mirth in the eagle's voice. Clearly he was teasing his friend, as Ufunuo had teased him, it was obvious they did this often.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:38 pm
Amon Larethian

Aka'mleli? She hadn't heard of it. Then again, Ta'la'la normally didn't speak with those newly joined rogues that her more outside knowledge than she would ever have. Her father had never spoken of the pride either, so perhaps it was in an area he had never seen (or been to, since he had never seen anything to begin with).

"Oh," her ears turned down at the comment. "I'm sorry to hear that." So, this male had gone through some turmoil in his life too. Losing your family was one thing, but at least Ta'la'la still had her brothers and sisters. Losing your pride? The tattooed female would be lost without them.

"Hestia?" She wasn't sure she had heard the name before, but whoever they were, they must've been important.

A small smile lifted to Ta'la'la's lips. The joking between the two, it was just like her brother and his own avian companion. "Looks like you two were made for each other." She said quietly.

"Would you like a tour of our clan? We are in a slow times where we aren't migrating, but at least you can start knowing where we are when we start to move."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:28 pm
Ufunuo only smiled, choosing not to say more of the fate of the pride he had come from. Instead he would choose to hold on to hope, hope that his sister and his children had survived, that somewhere they were living and maybe searching. His father was gone, his mother lost when he was only a cub, but he knew they would not want him to spend his life feeling sorry for himself, he would be strong for those gone, and for those who still lived.

"She is a bird goddess, the patron of our pride, though I've never seen her myself."

He shook his shoulder, cutting off the eagle before he could brag about seeing the goddess himself. Huffing, the eagle left from his shoulder, wings fluttering before settling with his full weight onto his chosen perch once more. Ooof, Daga was heavy when he did that.

"A tour would be great, I'd enjoy seeing more of these lands."

The lion's eyes lit up at the offer, he always had enjoyed exploring.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 pm
Amon Larethian

Oh. A bird goddess?

"I'll have to see if Enzi heard of Hestia then before." Surely avians knew about something such as a bird goddess?

She bobbed her head. "Okay, well...this way then. You caught us in a rest period. We will likely be on the move again in the next few days. But, at least you can be acquainted the next time we stumble across these parts again." For Ta'la'la, she hoped it would not be soon. Her parents and youngest brother were buried in these parts, this part of their land was just a constant reminder of what she lost. She wasn't sure how U'no'le would take it once they began moving again. He enjoyed stopping by their burial spot during the evening.

"Okay, so....over here..." The lioness started to walk and talk with the male.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 pm
"Okay."

Ufunuo nodded, following after the lioness. He listened closely as she spoke, taking in each detail, eyes focused. He looked to each place she pointed out, taking mental notes, familiarizing himself with the lands and pride he now called home. Home, it seemed an odd thought. He had once had another home, but it was gone now.

He looked to Daga, still sitting perched between his shoulders, a quiet smile, though one with uncertainty behind it. A silent conversation between them in an instant 'do you think we'll ever see them again?' 'don't give up home, my friend, I'm sure our paths will cross again.'

Reassured for now, he hastened his steps to follow after the lioness. This was a beautiful place, a good pride with kind lions and many places to explore and things to learn. Yeah, he could call this pride home.

KasaiLoki
end?

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out