Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[PRP] Rewrite the Stars (Tawi/Mstiri/Raia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

“Did you get it?” Tawi asked as the Great Lion took its place in the sky.

“Right…about that…”

“…?”

“Now…Don’t be mad…”

“Mstiri.” Tawi’s tone held a warning of no nonsense to it.

“So…your sister is pretty protective of those flowers…As is that snake of hers…”

“You didn’t get them, did you?” Well, there went everything! He wanted to give Raia one of those beautiful flowers, to not only reaffirm his love to her, but to also open a new door for her in the future. But now? Now everything was ruined.

The green avian could send the inner conflict the male was going through. “Hey now…listen.”

But he wasn’t. Instead, the blue male started to panic. His already anxiety ridden brain was now in triple time trying to find an excuse to reschedule. He hated when thing did not go as planned.

“Tawi.”

He was met with silence.

“Branch!” Silver eyes glared at him. At least it was some sort of reaction. “Raia is waiting for you, you know. What would she say if you didn’t show up, or worse because I can see you already trying to plan it, get me to make an excuse for you? Not going to fly. I have a backup plan for you…I promise.”

“Why don’t I trust you when you say that?” Tawi asked with a frown.

“Ouch, Branch. Ouch. When have I ever steered you wrong.” … “Actually, don’t answer that. Go meet her, I’ll be there shortly.”

Mstiri flew off before Tawi could argue. He was right though. He had sent the avian out earlier in the day to have the darker female meet him in the clearing when the moon was high in the sky. Tawi, being Tawi, was never one to be late, so staying true to his word, he headed towards the area he knew the female would be soon. With blind trust in his feathered friend, he hoped he was right.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:32 am
"Of course I'll be there."

The avian had approached her with so much excitement she was sure that a feather or two had come loose. Raiatea was bewildered by the sudden need to meet Tawi, but wasn't about to waste an opportunity to possibly discuss their future again.

"The clearing." She mumbled to herself merrily as she took to wandering that way when the moon had begun to rise. Her sleep was restless, which came as no shock, a lot had happened in the short time since they had finally returned home and she had been a buzz to her siblings about her first and only love. Tawi, I love you. She practiced thinking it to herself and felt her heart skip a beat.

"I love him. I do." Her green gaze rose to the moon as she confessed her love to the Great Lion himself. She closed her eyes and briefly let her paws guide her, but didn't do so for long before opening them again. Knowing her luck she'd run into a tree and arrive with her a sore nose, plus a bruised ego.

"Am I late?" She called out to the clearing as she arrived, not yet seeing sight of Tawi or Mstiri. Her curiosity peaked, but sank once more as she reminded herself of who she was seeing. Raia knew they had a future together, but assumed she would always be the one to push it.. her or Mstiri - she was in for a treat.

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:22 pm
He really didn’t mean to be late. It was unlike the male. Normally it was an indicator that the lion wouldn’t show up. If this was anyone other than Raiatea, he wouldn’t care. But there was no way he wanted her to feel he didn’t care. Sure he was a little imp at times, but it wasn’t fair for the dark lioness he was trying so hard for.

He glanced at the moon, and the twinkling stars around it. “Please don’t let her be there yet,” he murmured, the clearing come to view.

Unlucky for him, there she was, right in the center. His avian bond nowhere in sight either. Keep going you idiot. You’re not turning back now.

You sure? She hasn’t seen me yet. just then, his eyes locked with hers. Nope. She has. Go. a part of him argued, finding the push of his inner thoughts towards his feet, making him move forward.

“I’m sorry I’m late…” He said quietly when he approached her. “I was hoping to be here earlier, but…” things just didn’t work out that way. What if this didn’t work out like he intended? What if she said no?

“Thanks for…being here.” Come on Tawi, just asked already!

His silver gazed saw a small shuffle in the treeline behind her. Was that Mstiri?

---

Mstiri had found himself pulling apart a different flower after he had told Raia to meet Tawi in the clearing. He knew the reason for the meeting, and his little heart fluttered with excitement.

He had found a small inflorescence of another flower, once he realized he wasn’t getting his talons on the moon ones the Mwezi was known for. He had spent most of the afternoon plucking the petals off, saving a few as a whole to give the pair later.

The question was, when to make an appearance? He saw Raia arrive first, then Tawi not too much longer after (but still late, nonetheless). Knowing the lion, he would need help soon. But for now, he’d let him try on his own.

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:29 am
As if it were some kind of cruel joke she realized he wasn't there yet. "He called this together though." Her heart beat picked up, but not for excitement, instead she grew concerned. Fortunately that concern didn't have enough time to become deep seeded when her green gaze, which had begun to wander, fell on Tawi. His blue form emerged from somewhere along the tree line and though she wanted to be a little mad about his punctuality all she could do was smile.

"It's fine, I wasn't here for long." Raia admitted to him, she had a feeling he might worry about it more than he might let on. "Sometimes things don't work out that way, it happens." She chuckled softly, everything seemed to take on such a soft and gentle tone. The bubbling of absolute bliss boiled beneath the surface of all her emotions, most of which left her nervous about this meeting. It wasn't like Tawi to request it, he would mostly find her.. or she would stalk him s their cubhood tale would go.

Her head tilted as he thanked her. "You're.. uh, welcome?" Raia was confused now. They had spent many days together over the entirety of their lives and yet he was thanking her like a gathering of lions is thanked for attending a sermon. "Is everything alright Tawi?" Her head tilted the opposite way and she blinked in time to miss the way his eyes glanced towards a shuffle of bushes. Other sounds of the world were lost to her in the moment.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:21 am
What was he saying? A frown curled at the edges of his beak as Mstiri tried to listen in on the words Tawi was saying. He was just a bit too far back to hear.

Just as if the male was about to fly over and drop the flower petals over the duo, a flash of light caught his attention. Multiple flashes of light in the sky. Stars appeared to be raining as they shot across the sky. The green bird was mesmerized for a moment, forgetting his mission, temporarily.

--

“Uhm.”

Abort. Abort. Abort. This situation was crashing and burning right in front of him. “Er—yeah…everything is fine. I just…uhm…” Seriously. Abort. Abort. Abort.

“You know I…I love you…right?” There. Breathe. Calm down. “And…I…” Suddenly, the dark sky seemed to illuminate with small flashes of light. A meteor shower, raced overhead, leaving streaks of orange and yellow in their wake. Just seeing this, seemed to be the confidence boost Tawi needed to complete his statement. Maybe the Great Lion was on his side after all? If this was Mstiri’s plan, man he was good.

“…I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Raiatea.” He always used her full name. Even though she was insistent on him shortening it to Raia. “Will you…do me the honor of being my mate?”

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:33 pm
The stammering wasn't new and so she found herself stuck in a constant state of curiosity while he worked through whatever process he had to. Finally words seemed to be forming into a sort of confession and things started to click for the lioness. A blush formed on her cheeks and became apparent in the way she suddenly seated herself. Her heart beat sped up, excited beyond belief at where this was going.

"Of course I know that." Now. The last word punctuated her statement, but she didn't dare to tease him at a time like this. Suddenly, part way through his speech, his silver gaze turned up towards the sky. Raia's gaze followed shortly after and she left out a soft gasp at the beauty. Small bursts of light littered the sky and fell beautifully out of view repeatedly.

I knew he was it.. She thought a silent prayer to the Great Lion that so clearly blessed them. Her eyes glimmered with tears as her heart filled with the purest of joy. Her gaze returned to Tawi in time for her to witness the confidence seem to empower him. When he spoke next she felt an enhanced version of that special connection they already seemed to share.

"Nothing would make me happier, Tawi." A lone tear fell, rolling over her cheek. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you too." Find a home with you, start a family... Her thoughts trickled through and she very nearly opened her mouth to let the desires pour free. Raia didn't know what to do, her instinct told her to move, but she found herself frozen as though fear of losing this perfect moment took hold.

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:09 am
Ctrl F Greenie

Nothing would make me happier. Was that a tear? Slightly taken aback, before Tawi would even react, Raia spoke again. 'I want to spend the rest of my life with you too.' She...agreed? Even though both had confessed they loved each other, it was hard for Tawi to keep grasping that she actually wanted to be with him.

His mind blanked, the only thing that remained in it was the beautiful lioness before him. No thoughts of his parents, of Raia's brother Akela, of their past, of Mstiri, of anything remained. Only Raiatea. And for Tawi, that was all that mattered. From this point forward, she was all that mattered.

Tawi took a step towards her, closing whatever gap that was between them. He leaned towards her, nuzzling her cheek.

--

When Mstiri finally stopped watching the shooting stars, his beady eyes fell back on Tawi and Raia. Did he already do it?

Oh.

There went his plan... Mstiri's eyed the plucked petals he spent most of today. The sky definitely won out, and he left them abandoned where they sat. The falcon grabbed the one flower left fully intact, and took off, flying towards the two lions.

He had guessed Raia accepted, with the smile she wore, and the physical contact Tawi had reciprocated. Tawi rarely was a touchy-feely kind of lion.

"Let me be the first to welcome you to the family, Raia!" Mstiri said with a wide grin, landing just before the pair of lions. He outstretched his foot holding the white and blue petal flower, handing it towards her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:58 am
Silence showered over them as the moment came, and stayed, much to her delight. She was overwhelmed by the sea of emotions her mind tried to swim through. The world had faded away for the time being and all that was before her was Tawi and their future. Her green eyes snapped to focus as he moved towards her. Raia breathed in slowly, the smell was familiar and safe. His scent eased her mind and she sighed softly. She didn't hesitate to lean into him as he nuzzled her and she returned the affections.

"Mstiri." She said, her tone was beyond pleased to see him, their little family. "Thank you." She gushed and reached out to grasp the lone flower. It's beautiful petals seemed to shimmer with the evenings light. "It's beautiful." Raia gushed. "Isn't it, Tawi?"

Her gaze returned to Tawi and she held up the flower to him for a better view.

"I guess this also makes my suggestion for finding a home for us, all of us.." She looked to Mstiri, of course he would come along, she hoped. "..official?" She mused softly, a large grin showing off her pearly whites - she just couldn't stop.

"I also guess this means we ought to talk with our families." Another gasp. "Oh my parents will be so thrilled!" Raia couldn't help, but to exclaim that last bit.. surely even her brother would set aside the differences he had with Tawi to celebrate the new family.

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:02 am
Ctrl F Greenie

Oh. There the falcon was. So good for him to make an appearance! His eyes flickered down towards the lone flower. Well, it wasn't the moon flower, but he could definitely see the beauty in it. And, it seemed to make Raia happy, so that truly was all that mattered, wasn't it?

He remained silent as she asked, only nodding to affirm his answer.

"Speaking of... um" He shifted on his paws. "Not that I've been looking" maybe he had? His tone made it seem that way. "But...I might've found something you like?" It was far enough away from his own family. But it might've been too far for Raia's liking. She might've preferred to stay closer to her family, although Tawi was okay with staying further away.

Just as she said all of us, Tawi glanced at Mstiri. Good. Although he had such a strange relationship with the falcon, he was glad Raia would accept him into the family as well.

Er...right. they needed to talk to their...families... Tawi's ears flicked back, hiding amongst his white mane. "I hope mine will be." he muttered shortly. His mother would be. His father? Questionable. don't think of that Tawi, he reminded himself, shaking his head.

"I am sure both set of your parents will be ecstatic to see their children growing up." Mstiri stated, trying to negate any negative feelings Tawi was starting to feel in this otherwise joyous moment. He didn't want his blue friend to think like that.

"We will tell them all. Together." They would anyways. Mstiri would probably be perched on one of their backs acting as moral support.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:44 pm
Raia peered up from the flower as Tawi began to speak. The words said one thing, but were clearly laced with another. There it was. "You found something?" Her first instinct was to be upset, react, and perhaps even storm away. Instead she found her heart beat picking up again and her eyes widening slightly in excitement.

This screamed to her that it was all real. Tawi had gone above and beyond today - she was extremely flattered the attention.

"So where is it?" Curiosity bubbled over and she couldn't quite contain the smile any longer. Any possible aggressive emotion was passed over and she felt, simply put, happy. "Is it big enough?" Her ears fell flat against her head briefly, this was the closest she had come to suggesting expanding their family, but it was important to her. Of course she was sure it could have easily been miss construed as 'big enough for the three of them'.

"Well we won't go alone to tell them, we will have each other." She echoed Mstiri. "None of us will be alone to face things ever again. Promise?" Raia flashed a bright smile to Tawi, excited once again at the prospect of a new chapter in their lives.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:46 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

"Oh. Um... It's on the south side of the pride." That was the lion's way of saying far from here. He was truthful when he really hadn't been looking. But he did stumble across the perfect one on a travel while he was lost in thought.

Though, what Tawi believed was perfect, didn't mean Raiatea would have the same opinion.

"Er..." Is it big enough. Well. Yeah? Wasn't it...it was just the two...three of them. Of course it was big enough! How much room could they need.

Mstiri eyed Tawi as he quirked an eyebrow. Oh boy. That reference went right over the blue male's head. The falcon shook his head. "I think a little talk is in order later, Branch." the avian said with a small chuckle. He caught Raia's reference. Quite easily...actually.

Tawi glared at the avian, huffing. It was quick to dissipate at Raia's next comment. With a assenting nod, the small smile reappeared on the lion's mouth. "Right...Promise." he agreed. Oh this very new feeling for him. He didn't dislike it.  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games