Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There was a lot happening in the pride right now. Guards were on alert, the weather was finicky, and there was a huge influx of cubs as of late. Kaala'Dil couldn't really take it all in most of the time, because it was too much and if he thought about it his head would start swimming.

That's why he chose to focus on today. The female he convinced to give the pride a look over was part of it, and he was so excited about it. He knew her class had been assigned and he had been trying so hard to be patient for her to come seek him. Yet here he was, emerged from his den, not even getting drink or food yet before he was over in her quarters, just outside and pacing.

"Kimimela?" he called out for her, staring at the mouth of her den. Should he just go in? No, that'd get him a claw to the eye, probably. "You awake yet?"

Felyn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:50 pm
Life among those who followed the Great Lion had, thus far, been very peaceful. She had liked them enough to submit to their joining initiation and when she finally woke from her induced slumber she was pleased to find that their God had seen fit to award her with the same respect she had been born to in her own pride's terms. At least there was consistency and that went a long way in drawing a little solidity from her wandering convictions.

By the time Kaala made his way to the entrance of her den she had at least been awake for a small while, lying there and contemplating her choice to be among this new pride. The sound of his voice gave her mixed feelings; in her old pride a male never would have dared risking waking her and yet she was glad, at last, to have anyone that knew her well enough to seek her out.

She supposed she could not fault him for being a stranger to her upbringing.

"Yeaah, yeah," she called on an overly dramatic sigh before pushing herself up from her belly and sinking into one low, lazy stretch that pulled the tense muscles of her core loose. The saunter she fell into was slow and careless, but she greeted him with a lopsided smile, "And here I was expecting breakfast."

Peppermint Coffee

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:56 am
When she said she was expecting breakfast, Kaala'Dil felt his face fall a little and then he gathered it back by just shrugging. "We'll just have to go get it together. I wasn't sure when to surprise you with a leg of zebra. I also haven't been on a hunting party in a little bit since this pride is big. I'm up soon though." He gave her a little wink and then a light hearted laugh.

Honestly, the male was thrilled she chose to stay and that the Great Lion had smiled so favorably on her. It made everything that much easier on his new found friend.

"Sooo. Got any questions about the pride?"
Felyn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:36 pm
She laughed at the way his face fell and despite the way he gathered his courage and plowed through the stutter, she felt a mischievous joy swell over her teasing. He truly would have brought her breakfast, she thought, if the timing had been right.

"Ahh, don't worry over me, Kaala. I am just teasing you; I'm not that hungry."

She stopped at his side and settled down on her haunches, thinking over his question lazily. She really wasn't a morning lioness and his peppy attitude was running a hair too fast for her sluggish thoughts to keep up with. He was lucky that she seemed to like him well enough and that times had changed for her so completely; in the Kunanda, she would not have been so gracious over his company.

That thought made her smirk but she only rolled her shoulders.

"I'm not really sure I've been here long enough to have questions about things yet, although," she paused, considering, "if we worship the moon, why do we not sleep during the day?"

Sleeping longer was definitely something she could get behind.

Peppermint Coffee

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:39 am
"Because we still have to hunt and eat." It was the way he explained it to himself. "Most of the beasts we hunt down are up during the hours when the sun are up." Kaala'Dil shrugged a little, showing that he wasn't quite sure if that answer would be enough of an explanation

"At least...That's what I think. I've never actually voiced that question out loud before. I think about it often, and that's the only logical thing I can come up with, so that's what I go by." There was a shrug of his shoulders that ruffled his already curly mane.

It seemed the male hadn't quite caught on that she was a little sluggish in the mornings. He turned to her again and hummed before questioning her.

"Do you prefer day or nights better? I ...like to stay up as late as I can to enjoy the stillness night brings among the pride."

Maybe playing twenty questions was going to be how he got to know her.

Felyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:36 pm
A wide yawn cracked her jaws but she was listening, letting his voice drone over her like an alarm clock forcing her to stay above the line of consciousness. She did have to admit, as she let his words sink in, that it made a little sense; she didn't bother to tell him that not everyone in their pride hunted or that plenty of prey beasts were easy to track in the dark.

"I guess that makes sense," she mumbled, finding her words autonomous until he posed a question that finally forced her to stop and think. She was silent for a few breaths as she considered it, going so far as to let her eyes roll up to the early morning light overhead.

"Neither," she breathed at last. "I was born in a pride that lived among the great jungle lands; the canopy was tall and full and the light we got there was always dim. Our days were dusky and even our bright pelts could blend into the shadows and the tropic flowers. I have always missed it, that inbetween of darkness and light."

A wistful look gleamed in her eye as she spoke and she could feel herself drawn back to the lands of her youth, the pride she was born to before the earthquake scattered them all to the four corners of the continent.

"The closest I ever get is dusk and dawn. It's that peaceful time when the sun is too low to fill the world with light but the darkness has not been completely given free reign." She dropped her eyes back to him, distant but awake. "That's my favorite time."

Peppermint Coffee

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:37 pm
The yawn had his ears flicking in a very unsure way, but ultimately they stood up in a perky position. Kaala would definitely remember to come at a later time when he visited her again. Even her words sounded so sleepy to him. It made a smile spread over his face as he looked away and shook his head.

Her answer, at first, made him quickly jerk his head to look at her. He hadn't expected that. Everyone he had asked said one or the other. Then she went into detail and the picture she painted made him close his eyes. It sounded beautiful and very, very different from the Mwezi'Johari.

"I can say," he started slowly, like he was trying to pick his word, "I don't remember being awake for either of those times. Maybe you should come and wake me for one."

She looked happy in her memories, if a little longing. "Sounds really beautiful though."

Felyn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:53 pm
"It was," she murmured, enrapt in her own memories even as he spoke through them. Kimi had not expected the sudden pang of homesickness to strike her, least of all in the company of another and in broad daylight no less. Yet it did, painful and true, then settled like an uneasy haze over her heart.

"Sometimes I wonder where they've all gone. I don't think that there could ever be another place so beautiful as the jungles but surely they must have settled somewhere, I can't be the only one left."

The words flowed out of her as her eyes found the clouds above their heads. Those fluffy puffs in the sky had been such a rarity for a Kunanda lioness to set their eyes upon, when had she started to take the sight of them for granted? It pulled a frown across her face and she lowered her gaze back to him. She wanted to say sorry, it felt like the etiquette of socialization demanded it, but she knew she wasn't. She only regretted being so open and wounded in front of him.

"Dusk is my favorite," she averted the conversation, drowning her former words as if they'd never been spoken. "That should be the one you see."

Peppermint Coffee

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas